Gen V has officially become underated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Gen V has officially become underated

追放されたバカ

Unhappy Gen V has officially become underated

I heard gen V is ending in 2013 yet we still don't have R/S/E remakes, a BW Ranger game, a gen V Mystery dungeon Game and worst of all no BW 3D arena game. I hope Creatures are secretly working on a 3D arena game that should at least make this gen a little more memorable

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen V has officially become underated

There's nothing to really suggest that it's ending that early, people are just saying that. :/

Since when does spin-off games determine when a a generation ends? And since when was this generation underrated? I'm not understanding where you got this information.
    Owain, UnovaCastaway and Joshawott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    There's nothing to really suggest that it's ending that early, people are just saying that. :/
    Well, there's usually a larger gap between games and generations. But I don't think they're going to make it that short. They're probably planning something.

Also, I agree with X-Strike, underrated? Where did you get that from? This generation might end up being shorter than others, but that doesn't make it underrated.

IMO, the generations should just involve the main line of games; it's own entity, if you will. I'm not one to speculate too much, but I have a feeling that Black Version 2 and White Version 2 will be the end of this generation.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Of the main series games: Gen I and Gen II had three games each, while Gen III and Gen IV had five games each. This has four, and is the only one with sequels and without a third version of the new introduced region because of the sequels. It ending is not really surprising, and 2013 is still 6 months away, not that side games are part of generations, only the main games really. I don't get how it's underrated. They did an amazing job with how much the games changed from the other generations with constantly moving pokemon sprites, and the cut scenes, and so on.

Blog Entries

._.

How is not having remakes or the same spin-offs as last gen (even though a lot of spin-off series dies with their generation) making this generation underrated? Do you even know what underrated means?

And as far as the main series is concerned, sequels have done more for the Unova plot (even with its shortcomings) than third versions or remakes ever could. Game Freak shouldn't focus their resources trying to improve the past, but should continue to make our current games better.

As far as I can tell, this generation has been treated better than the past ones with Game Freak actually focusing on their main versions and doing sequels, and even in the spin-off department by trying something new and unique with Pokémon Conquest.
    Scarftail likes this.

追放されたバカ

The fact the this gen is the first to have sequels isn't enough to make it memorable, every gen has had at least one 3D arena game the fact that this gen probably won't have an arena game or R/S/E remakes would make this gen easily overlookable in the future

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom's Lover View Post
    The fact the this gen is the first to have sequels isn't enough to make it memorable, every gen has had at least one 3D arena game the fact that this gen probably won't have an arena game or R/S/E remakes would make this gen easily overlookable in the future
    So basically, the fact that this generation did something different, and isn't copying what every other generation did makes it not memorable? I'm sorry, but when did doing the same thing as everyone else ever make anything memorable?

And this generation, the generation that did something new, is going to be overlooked because they didn't bring in remakes of past games to overshadow their current generation games? Sorry, I forgot when they changed the meaning of conformity to "standing out"

Everything you're saying is quite contradictory.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I wouldnt say this generation was underrated at all. This was the first generation to introduce sequels instead of a third game which was new and different. I dont see how not having remakes or a bunch of side games makes a generation underrated or bad, it just makes it different and that it is different than previous ones. A generation dosent need remakes or a bunch of side games, Generation 5 is fine how it is so far.

Blog Entries

First you say Gen V is underrated, then you say it's not memorable. So which is it?

If anything, what I'm getting from this topic is that you're the one underrating Gen V because "it isn't memorable."

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Indeed. In my opinion Gen V may well go down as the most memorable generation since the first, precisely because it defied so many standards of pokémon.
    Rex Kamex, Joshawott and Scarftail like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Lack of remakes and spin offs =/= underrated

End of story

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom's Lover View Post
    I've only played one Ranger game, none of the dungeon games, and I haven't played a console game since Pokemon Stadium 1, 2 and Pokemon Snap. Side series and console games do not make the generation memorable, the main series games do. I think this will be one of the most memorable gens to come.

Blog Entries

This generation is plenty memorable. I agree that there should probably be more spin offs and such (Mystery Dungeon, R/S remakes, etc), but besides the lack of games it's been very memorable. B/W and the other games were pretty unique to be honest. It's more about quality, not quantity....although I myself would like more games. ^^;

And that's assuming that generation 6 is like right around the corner. I don't know why everyone is assuming that, we don't need an immediate generation shift just because of the 3DS or whatever, seesh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast