Gen V Disapointment
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen V Disapointment

Default Gen V Disapointment

Sorry if this is already a thread, but what I found disapointing about Gen V was the lack of new evos and pre evos. They have so many pokemon they could expand on, but instead they chose to make a complete new pokedex. Which is fine, I like the new pokemon, but still wanted to see some old pokemon with new evos. Anyone agree with me?
    Team X-Gen (Black 2)

Karen of the Johto Elite Four
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites

Default Re: Gen V Disapointment

I respectfully disagree. I was getting a bit tired of seeing new and pre evos for old pokemon, a bunch of brand new pokemon excited me much more then say, a pre evo for seal or a new evo for pincer.

Blog Entries

i actually liked the fact that there were so many new pokemon, but it also was quite sad that they didn't bring in any new evos, it would've been nice to see something like luvdisc getting alomomola as an evo, because that really disappointed me that luvdisc is now just completely forgotten because there's a new pokemon that looks very similar to it

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I despise useless dex filler pre-evolutions and don't particularly care about further evolutions either, which is partly why I don't really like the Sinnoh Dex. Unova was the first region to have no new family members to existing Pokémon, which was just what I wanted.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

I'm assuming that Game Freak will make up for it in Generation VI, so I don't mind this decision. What I dislike is the apparent consensus that Hoenn has to be revisited in this generation, when there are hardly any Generation III evolutions that would make the experience different than the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver
    Unova was the first region to have no new family members to existing Pokémon, which was just what I wanted.
    Did Azurill and Wynaut bother you that much?

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Did Azurill and Wynaut bother you that much?
    Hoenn luckily had only two new family members, but as those were crappy baby Pokémon who no one uses, I do see them as unnecessary too.

(Eh, I kinda forgive the babies of Gen II because they needed to showcase the egg system with _something_. Forgot to mention that.)

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

What they did to us with Luvdisc was unforgivable.

Though was Alomomola an official reveal or a leak? I can't remember.

I like evolutions to otherwise pathetic pokemon. Instead of making expies to previous Pokemon which aren't a whole lot better, I would rather have an evolution to an old Pokemon which was useless then but thanks to the evolution can shine a bit.

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i was desperate for a lapras evolution, also buffilion (i can't spell sorry, the bull with the afro) should have been a tauros evo

Gen V was supposed to be a new take for Pokemon. If they were to start adding evos and Pokemon from previous regions (outside of the White Forest, anyway, I suppose) it wouldn't have been a new start. Not for me at least. It's refreshing to not go running back to the same old Pokemon/lines every so often.

~ Formerly known as Kaori ~

Blog Entries

The only disappointment I had is related to type combinations and lack of evolutions, which are not really much of an issue, really. Yeah, we are given a lot of type combinations already, but I felt that some could go with more of them. Beartic will have been much better with a Fighting-subtype, as with Cryogonal getting a Steel-subtype.

Thanks for reading.
    “Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be, and to this I bear witness.”

Bonus article: Normal-type Reviews: Introduction (23/03/2015)

BW was perfect, the only thing I really really missed were rematches. i freakin' LOVE rematches. With so many different Pokemon now there would be so many options for a rematch team for, say, Cilan!

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Personally, I loved how there was no pre/evolutions of older Pokémon. They wanted BW to feel like RG, so it was obvious it had to be a fresh start.

The only thing that annoys me is, how old Pokémon are so rare in Unova...unless you cross a couple of bridges (>>). At least DPt stuck most of the old Pokémon on their own island.

Blog Entries

Visit Ice Tyrant's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I'm assuming that Game Freak will make up for it in Generation VI, so I don't mind this decision. What I dislike is the apparent consensus that Hoenn has to be revisited in this generation, when there are hardly any Generation III evolutions that would make the experience different than the last time.
    Hoenn Dex doesn't need any expansion, we've already got the Physical/Special split for that.

You know what I also dislike is people like you going against the current pattern of things now. You do realise that you could EASILY be wrong and be TOTALLY humiliated when the time of their release comes. How would that make you feel having to disagree about them and see Groudon and Kyogre branded on the covers of a pair of remakes?

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

My answer kind of depends on what this thread is asking. Are you asking me what disappointed me about the game? Or are you asking me what disappointed me about the Pokemon?

I don't really care for baby Pokemon, and I'm neutral about new evolutions. I won't advocate for them, but if a new evolution to an old Pokemon surfaces, i won't hate it unless it's unnecessary or ugly (like Magmortar).

I can't say i like the designs (or names) of a lot of new Pokemon.

I mean, a trash bag Pokemon? What's next? A water bottle Pokemon?

And could they give these Pokemon cries other than farts?

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    I despise useless dex filler pre-evolutions and don't particularly care about further evolutions either, which is partly why I don't really like the Sinnoh Dex. Unova was the first region to have no new family members to existing Pokémon, which was just what I wanted.
    I know you said existing, but Kanto was the first!
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    Hoenn Dex doesn't need any expansion, we've already got the Physical/Special split for that.
    The Physical/Special split is one of the many things that made HGSS different. It would be pretty sad if it were the only thing different about Hoenn, especially since it's not even a new feature anymore. I guess the change to the experience system is worth a mention, but it hasn't exactly been gamebreaking or even well-received.

How would that make you feel having to disagree about them and see Groudon and Kyogre branded on the covers of a pair of remakes?
    I'd live.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast