The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 99

Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1713
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

  1. #1471
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninfiaVI View Post
    m0ckingbird20: Enjoy living in the past with that team full of legendaries. Legendaries aren't my style but whatever...
    Charizard: Forget Aerial Ace for Fly.
    Golem: Forget Rock Blast for Rock Slide
    Suicune: Optional: forget Surf for Water Pulse and Calm Mind for Sleep Talk to make the infamous defensive Suicune
    Mewtwo: Really? Forget Ice Beam for maybe Thunderbolt...
    Nidoking and Zapdos look pretty good.
    I can't help you with your Typhlosion but about the corrections you said on my team I think I might have some things to say.

    Charizard: Forget Aerial Ace for Fly. - Fly is a bad move it gives the opponent the chance to switch poke to something resistant to to fly type moves and the attack damage is not that bigger from Aerial Ace to make the chance worth it.

    Suicune: Optional: forget Surf for Water Pulse and Calm Mind for Sleep Talk - Surf is in my opinion the best water damaging move if you take into account that it attacks in one turn it has high damage and accuracy. I don't remember the stats of Water Pulse but I am pretty sure they are lower. Also please tell me where to find Sleep Talk TM in Fire Red, I have looked everywhere. I mean i wanted Sleep Talk originally but i gave up on it cause i didn't find anything.

    Mewtwo: Really? Forget Ice Beam for maybe Thunderbolt... - I have Zapdos for electric attacks but I have no Ice attacks which are very effective against Dragon Types. So...

    I could be wrong on any of these so just tell me if I am. No hard feelings. ^^

  2. #1472
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    252 speed for typhlosion and thrash/earthquake


    mockingbird i understand having ice beam and i'll try to give some advice (even though i haven't played firered) that you should try to give mewtwo maybe a fighting/dark move if it can learn it in firered? I know you get some dark types so there's a chance it could happen

    plus if you build your suicune the way ninfia suggested, it could be tough enough to hang in there and pulverize those dragon types for you dude

  3. #1473
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    mockingbird i understand having ice beam and i'll try to give some advice (even though i haven't played firered) that you should try to give mewtwo maybe a fighting/dark move if it can learn it in firered? I know you get some dark types so there's a chance it could happen

    plus if you build your suicune the way ninfia suggested, it could be tough enough to hang in there and pulverize those dragon types for you dude
    I believe mewtwo can learn dark moves but I have already taught shadow ball to nidoking but i don't think it can learn fighting moves. Anyway it's my first time to actually include suicune in my team so I will try it out. Thanks.

  4. #1474
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    no problem and I hope it goes well!
    m0ckingbird20 likes this.

  5. #1475
    A Broken Pokeball ninfiaVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20:
    Charizard: Forget Aerial Ace for Fly. - Fly is a bad move it gives the opponent the chance to switch poke to something resistant to to fly type moves and the attack damage is not that bigger from Aerial Ace to make the chance worth it.

    Suicune: Optional: forget Surf for Water Pulse and Calm Mind for Sleep Talk - Surf is in my opinion the best water damaging move if you take into account that it attacks in one turn it has high damage and accuracy. I don't remember the stats of Water Pulse but I am pretty sure they are lower. Also please tell me where to find Sleep Talk TM in Fire Red, I have looked everywhere. I mean i wanted Sleep Talk originally but i gave up on it cause i didn't find anything.

    Mewtwo: Really? Forget Ice Beam for maybe Thunderbolt... - I have Zapdos for electric attacks but I have no Ice attacks which are very effective against Dragon Types. So...

    I could be wrong on any of these so just tell me if I am. No hard feelings. ^^
    Charizard: Okay, unless you're planning on doing competitive battles I have no idea why you're afraid of switch outs. Fly is a lot stronger and really good players will use Belly Drum(the only move that really sets Charizard apart) and leftovers and Fly to recover HP.

    Suicune: Sleep Talk is done by a Move Tutor in Emerald in the Battle Frontier so you'll have to trade and use BP to get it, but it's worth it. Also Water pulse's power is 60, but it doesn't hit your allies and it often confuses the foe, which is a great help for a ResTalk pokemon.

    Mewtwo: You could use Focus Punch or Brick Break.
    m0ckingbird20 likes this.

  6. #1476
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninfiaVI View Post
    Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20:
    Charizard: Forget Aerial Ace for Fly. - Fly is a bad move it gives the opponent the chance to switch poke to something resistant to to fly type moves and the attack damage is not that bigger from Aerial Ace to make the chance worth it.

    Suicune: Optional: forget Surf for Water Pulse and Calm Mind for Sleep Talk - Surf is in my opinion the best water damaging move if you take into account that it attacks in one turn it has high damage and accuracy. I don't remember the stats of Water Pulse but I am pretty sure they are lower. Also please tell me where to find Sleep Talk TM in Fire Red, I have looked everywhere. I mean i wanted Sleep Talk originally but i gave up on it cause i didn't find anything.

    Mewtwo: Really? Forget Ice Beam for maybe Thunderbolt... - I have Zapdos for electric attacks but I have no Ice attacks which are very effective against Dragon Types. So...

    I could be wrong on any of these so just tell me if I am. No hard feelings. ^^
    Charizard: Okay, unless you're planning on doing competitive battles I have no idea why you're afraid of switch outs. Fly is a lot stronger and really good players will use Belly Drum(the only move that really sets Charizard apart) and leftovers and Fly to recover HP.

    Suicune: Sleep Talk is done by a Move Tutor in Emerald in the Battle Frontier so you'll have to trade and use BP to get it, but it's worth it. Also Water pulse's power is 60, but it doesn't hit your allies and it often confuses the foe, which is a great help for a ResTalk pokemon.

    Mewtwo: You could use Focus Punch or Brick Break.
    Aright thanks man! ^^

  7. #1477
    A Broken Pokeball ninfiaVI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Here's a sandstorm team I built:

    Tyranitar(Sand Stream)Adamant with 252attack/252defense with Air Balloon
    -Rock Slide
    -Fire Punch
    -Crunch
    -Protect

    Excadrill(Sand Rush)Adamant with 252attack/252speed with Focus Sash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -X-scissor
    -Swords Dance

    Garchomp(Sand Veil)Adamant with 252attack/252speed with BrightPowder
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage (I can't decide)
    -Iron Head
    -Aqua Tail

  8. #1478
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninfiaVI View Post
    Here's a sandstorm team I built:

    Tyranitar(Sand Stream)Adamant with 252attack/252defense with Air Balloon
    -Rock Slide
    -Fire Punch
    -Crunch
    -Protect

    Excadrill(Sand Rush)Adamant with 252attack/252speed with Focus Sash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -X-scissor
    -Swords Dance

    Garchomp(Sand Veil)Adamant with 252attack/252speed with BrightPowder
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage (I can't decide)
    -Iron Head
    -Aqua Tail
    outrage is a pretty sweet move

  9. #1479
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninfiaVI View Post
    Here's a sandstorm team I built:

    Tyranitar(Sand Stream)Adamant with 252attack/252defense with Air Balloon
    -Rock Slide
    -Fire Punch
    -Crunch
    -Protect

    Excadrill(Sand Rush)Adamant with 252attack/252speed with Focus Sash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -X-scissor
    -Swords Dance

    Garchomp(Sand Veil)Adamant with 252attack/252speed with BrightPowder
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage (I can't decide)
    -Iron Head
    -Aqua Tail
    In a competitive team I would have suggested Dragon Claw due to unpredictability of Outrage, but as an in-game team, Outrage should do you just fine.

  10. #1480
    Why not? JLomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA, Illinois
    Posts
    273
    Blog Entries
    20

    Follow JLomb on Tumblr

    Default Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread

    I plan on getting a Gothita for my team, but am unsure what nature it should be, suggestions?
    Last edited by JLomb; 20th February 2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Boosh!

    3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

  11. #1481
    Oshawott to the end Lansten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JLomb View Post
    I plan on getting a Gothita for my team, but am unsure what nature it should be, suggestions?
    If you it to be more defensive, get Calm or Bold (but Calm would probably be better).
    If you want a more specially offensive, get Modest.

  12. #1482
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,684
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    so for my team when i go through black 2 again i have 3 members picked out

    oshawott, growlithe and mareep for when I start. I also plan to pick up a sandile

    who should/could i get to cover the other two spots? I got my eyes on zorua and solosis
    Well, why not have those two then? :) Zoroark has a fun ability and is great for either Special or Pysical attacks, and Reuniclus is awesome, I think of it like a more beefier but slower Alakazam, it's awesome and pretty cute too.

    If you do have a Sandile though, that'll be two dark-types. If you want to swap it, I'd recommend Sandslash, Aggron or maybe Flygon (although Trapinch is a pain to find, especially if you're looking for a specific natured one).

  13. #1483
    Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    so for my team when i go through black 2 again i have 3 members picked out

    oshawott, growlithe and mareep for when I start. I also plan to pick up a sandile

    who should/could i get to cover the other two spots? I got my eyes on zorua and solosis
    Well, why not have those two then? :) Zoroark has a fun ability and is great for either Special or Pysical attacks, and Reuniclus is awesome, I think of it like a more beefier but slower Alakazam, it's awesome and pretty cute too.

    If you do have a Sandile though, that'll be two dark-types. If you want to swap it, I'd recommend Sandslash, Aggron or maybe Flygon (although Trapinch is a pain to find, especially if you're looking for a specific natured one).
    Thanks for your comments! and yeah I like having zorua/zoroark as a speedy special attacker. I think I mainly want Sandile cause I love the look of Krookodile but yeah Solosis does seem like a Nu-abra

    I'm not very picky about natures and so far I"ve been able to get decent ones so it's no big deal for me

  14. #1484
    Registered User FallenIdol_453's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    347
    Blog Entries
    9

    Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

    Default Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread

    I have an Eelektross that I'm using in an all Electric type team (trying to get that Challenge medal!), but I don't think the moveset I've picked out is working. Can anyone give suggestions for a better moveset?

    Eelektross (Lvl. 55)
    - Female
    - Calm (Scatters things often)
    - Levitate

    Stats:
    - HP: 177
    - Attack: 126
    - Defense: 105
    - Sp. Attack: 129
    - Sp. Defense: 105
    - Speed: 70

    Moves:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flamethrower
    - Discharge
    - Crunch
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

    SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

    Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

    Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

    I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

  15. #1485
    Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,604
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    137

    Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

    Default Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenIdol_453 View Post
    I have an Eelektross that I'm using in an all Electric type team (trying to get that Challenge medal!), but I don't think the moveset I've picked out is working. Can anyone give suggestions for a better moveset?

    Eelektross (Lvl. 55)
    - Female
    - Calm (Scatters things often)
    - Levitate

    Stats:
    - HP: 177
    - Attack: 126
    - Defense: 105
    - Sp. Attack: 129
    - Sp. Defense: 105
    - Speed: 70

    Moves:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flamethrower
    - Discharge
    - Crunch
    That looks pretty good to me actually. Crunch will be useful against Shantal and Caitlin while Dragon Claw will be useful against Iris. The only thing I can think of would be replacing Discharge with Thunderbolt for the added power. You could also teach it Drain Punch or Superpower by tutoring, replacing Flamethrower since you won't really need it against the E4.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •