Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1716
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

Default Black 2 singleplayer team plans

Here goes my third take: First I F**k up and post it in the Pokemon world section by acciedent, then I realize all the single player teams are oh so (In)conveniently placed into one thread, so here it goes again...

I want to restart my B2 becuase I F**ked up my first (And last) file because of poor pokemon choice, so i decide "Why not do something different and try and make my SP team more like something you would see in MP (I.E. less brawn, more Brain.) And this is the team I have proposed, All I need now is some feedback on it (Because I Don't want to screw up again.)

Anyways, This is my (Proposed) team!
    Asterix (*) means that there are multiple moves I am thinking of putting in that spot, this is where I am going to need some help.

First Pokemon:

Second Pokemon:

Third Pokemon:

Fourth Pokemon:

Fifth Pokemon:

Sixth Pokemon:

Tell me what you think, and if you have something to suggest, don't hesitate to tell me!

Ciao♥

Blog Entries

Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I've started a new game file in SoulSilver, but I'm playing through the game with a crazy set of rules and a pair of dice. Can anyone evaluate my team so far and give suggestions? In-game, I'm level-grinding for Chuck.

(Excuse the strange names. Random name generators are awesome.)

Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Finishing up post-gamestuff like finding the Regis/Regigas/Cresselia and the lake trio. I also want to fight cynthia and benga before taking on the Elite Four and Iris in a rematch

My team is
    Samurott Lv 71
    Zoroark Lv 70
    Ampharos Lv. 70
    Cobalion Lv. 73
    KyuremLv. 71
    Heatran Lv. 70

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Roserade

Calm/Poison Point
    Toxic Spikes
    Magical Leaf
    PetalDance
    Ingrain

Krookodile w/ Soft Sand
    Modest/Intimidate
    Crunch
    Embargo
    Dig
    Bulldoze

Beartic

Impish/Snow Cloak
    Swagger
    Slash
    Superpower
    Icicle Crash

Ampharos

Modest/Static
    Charge
    Discharge
    Electroball
    Cotton Spore

Emboar
    w/Charcoal
    Quiet/Blaze
    Rollout
    Arm Thrust
    Heat Crash
    Flame Charge

Unfezant
    Calm/Big Pecks
    Detect
    Roost
    Fly
    Air Slash

Getting ideas elsewhere as well, so help is welcome. Currently pre-opelucid.

Blog Entries

Okay, it's been a while since I've done this, but here we go.

This is my W2 post-game team. It originally had a Starmie, and although I loved it, recently, it's been getting its can kicked a lot, so I'm experimenting with a new Water-type. This is what I've got as of now, but I'm still fiddling a bit (well, not a lot, but a few spots here and there). Mostly this team will be for wifi and PWT battles, you know, not really competitive (I don't fare well when it comes to competitive play... see: decimated), but it never hurts to have other opinions. Here they are.

Emboar (Nitro)
    -Male
    -Lv 100
    -Blaze
    -Muscle Band
    -Docile (Sturdy Body)
    -Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Brick Break, Earthquake

Gardevoir (Lora)
    -Female
    -Lv 86
    -Trace
    -Wise Glasses
    -Bashful (Quick to Flee)
    -Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Will-o-Wisp

Braviary (Heroic)
    -Male
    -Lv 83
    -Defiant
    -Leftovers
    -Jolly (Proud of its power)
    -Rock Slide, Fly, Brave Bird, Giga Impact

Lucario (Noble)
    -Female
    -Lv 82
    -Justified
    -King's Rock
    -Quiet (Sturdy Body)
    -Ice Punch, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere

Garchomp (Jetfang)
    -Male
    -Lv 84
    -Rough Skin
    -Rocky Helmet
    -Serious (Good perseverance)
    -Brick Break, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Outrage

Empoleon (Jetstream)
    -Male
    -Lv 53
    -Torrent
    -BrightPowder
    -Hardy (Somewhat vain)
    -Scald, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Surf

As I said before, I'm experimenting with a new Water-type. I had a Starmie, which was awesome, but during post-game events, it was getting its clock cleaned a lot, so I'm trying something new, though I still have it as a fall-back. The current one is Empoleon (Jetstream), but I also have a Cloyser and a soon-to-be Kingdra, both of which I have their moves set up. But all three are still in experimentation stages, so their moves and such are subject to change. I know most of my natures are neutral ones, but that doesn't bother me, since it allows me to work on certain points more easily. If you want, I could post the other two Water-types later (I'm not gonna post them now, since this is the team I'm currently working with, so let's focus on them atm). Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations? Empoleon is the most experimental right now, which is why he's at a lower level, so any ideas for him would be great. Thanks again.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

I swear, I've been here for a while now and I still have no idea where to ask questions on my in-game teams. -___- It seems like this thread is just a place for posting your teams, not asking questions, yes? No? Maybe so? I always feel so lost. :-P Tell me where this goes so I don't get yelled at... again...

So, as usual, I've gotten a new game (finally got Black 2 over Christmas, woo!) and I'm procrastinating starting it because I have no clue who I want for my teams. I think I've settled on Oshawott (Samurott) and eventually Trapinch (Flygon). Other than that, nada. I'm trying to go through this type-by-type of what I need, but that just begs the question, which types are necessary? The two staples that I definitely need (water and flying, for Surf and Fly) are already covered with the ones I've decided. So what's next? Well, I always use an electric type. I usually use Ampharos (my baby), but I'm wondering if I should go with Tynamo (Eelektross) because of the immune-to-ground thing. Their stats aren't all that different (Speed sucks for both, only major difference is that Ampharos' Attack is lower than Eelektross', but Eelektross' Special Attack is lower than Ampharos', so I guess it kind of evens out). But then, Ampharos can learn more of a variety of attacks. Any advice there? I think I just need to break out of my comfort zone and go for Eelektross. Gahhh.

So, I guess that leaves three Pokemon left. For reference, my team on White 2 is Samurott (starter; covers Surf), Crobat (covers Fly), Ampharos, Arcanine, Lucario, and then my sixth spot rotates based on whoever I need at the moment. (I trained a Leavinny all the way to the Elite Four, but dropped her after that because let's all be honest, she sucks.) I might go with Lucario again; not sure. Help? I'm wavering on a Fire type because it's not needed all that much, and if I did use one, I might wait until I can grab Volcarona (used her on my original White game). Just to clarify, this wouldn't necessarily be my team for the whole game; it's just to get me through to the Elite Four. So no legendaries.

To recap:

1. Oshawott (Samurott)
    2. Trapinch (Flygon)
    3. Tinamo (Eelektross)... or possibly Mareep (Ampharos)
    4. ...possibly Riolu (Lucario)?
    5. ...maaaaybe Volcarona? Or Growlithe (Arcanine)?
    6. Absolutely no clue. What types do I need?

So, uh, I need some help. Please?
    Last edited by Lennongrad; 12th January 2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Official claimer of Swirlix, Sweet Veil, and Draining Kiss.
    3DS FC: 1564-2044-7042

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Lennongrad*~ View Post
    I swear, I've been here for a while now and I still have no idea where to ask questions on my in-game teams. -___- It seems like this thread is just a place for posting your teams, not asking questions, yes? No? Maybe so? I always feel so lost. :-P Tell me where this goes so I don't get yelled at... again...

So, as usual, I've gotten a new game (finally got Black 2 over Christmas, woo!) and I'm procrastinating starting it because I have no clue who I want for my teams. I think I've settled on Oshawott (Samurott) and eventually Trapinch (Flygon). Other than that, nada. I'm trying to go through this type-by-type of what I need, but that just begs the question, which types are necessary? The two staples that I definitely need (water and flying, for Surf and Fly) are already covered with the ones I've decided. So what's next? Well, I always use an electric type. I usually use Ampharos (my baby), but I'm wondering if I should go with Tynamo (Eelektross) because of the immune-to-ground thing. Their stats aren't all that different (Speed sucks for both, only major difference is that Ampharos' Attack is lower than Eelektross', but Eelektross' Special Attack is lower than Ampharos', so I guess it kind of evens out). But then, Ampharos can learn more of a variety of attacks. Any advice there? I think I just need to break out of my comfort zone and go for Eelektross. Gahhh.

So, I guess that leaves three Pokemon left. For reference, my team on White 2 is Samurott (starter; covers Surf), Crobat (covers Fly), Ampharos, Arcanine, Lucario, and then my sixth spot rotates based on whoever I need at the moment. (I trained a Leavinny all the way to the Elite Four, but dropped her after that because let's all be honest, she sucks.) I might go with Lucario again; not sure. Help? I'm wavering on a Fire type because it's not needed all that much, and if I did use one, I might wait until I can grab Volcarona (used her on my original White game). Just to clarify, this wouldn't necessarily be my team for the whole game; it's just to get me through to the Elite Four. So no legendaries.

To recap:

1. Oshawott (Samurott)
    2. Trapinch (Flygon)
    3. Tinamo (Eelektross)... or possibly Mareep (Ampharos)
    4. ...possibly Riolu (Lucario)?
    5. ...maaaaybe Volcarona? Or Growlithe (Arcanine)?
    6. Absolutely no clue. What types do I need?

So, uh, I need some help. Please?
    To help solve your quandary with choosing an Electric-type, I suggest Galvantula. Galvantula with CompoundEyes is fantastic when combined with Thunder. I pretty much always have a Galvantula in my teams now. Bug Buzz / Thunder / Energy Ball / Thunder Wave is the standard set I use for him, and he's never let me down. He was fantastic in the White 2 Pokémon League; helping me tear through Shauntal, Grimsley and Caitlin.

I'd definitely recommend a strong Bug-Type for your team (which, obviously, is a role Volcarona can fill, but Galvantula is worth some thought).
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Pokemon Black is my one and only game of the series, so I am definitely still learning. My best 6 could use some verification, as I have had some difficulty in terms of appropriate movesets, particularly with my Buc Nasty (Bisharp). So here are the 6 I have used with moves and the like and I will provide some possible replacements as well:

Piggy (Emboar) Lv. 100, Blaze
    Flame Plate
    Hardy Nature
    Moves: Heat Crash, Solar Beam, Flame Charge, Hammer Arm

Sea Leaf (Volcarona), Lv. 87, Flame Body
    Insect Plate
    Docile Nature
    Moves: Wild Charge, Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Heat Wave

Buc Nasty (Bisharp), Lv. 95, Inner Focus
    Razor Claw
    Timid Nature
    Moves: Swagger, Night Slash, Iron Head, Aerial Ace

Fat Cat (Liepard), Lv. 93, Unburden
    X Sp. Def
    Naughty Nature
    Moves: Sucker Punch, Assist, Aerial Ace, Night Slash

Mientatsu (Mienshao), Lv. 91, Regenerator
    Black Belt
    Impish Nature
    Moves: Hi Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Rock Slide, U-turn
    Moveset seems all but complete to me. Only concern is Aura Sphere on a physical attacker like Mientatsu.

Rotom, Lv. 90, Levitate
    Zap Plate
    Gentle Nature
    Moves: Thunder, Discharge, Shadow Ball
    Needing a fourth move to complete the set after I turned it back from Wash Rotom.

And now the replacements:

Silky (Sawk), Lv. 90, Inner Focus
    Scope Lens
    Sassy Nature
    Moves: Stone Edge, Reversal, Close Combat, Focus Blast
    Even I know this moveset needs some work. Best way to replace Focus Blast?

Gorge (Snorlax), Lv. 90, Immunity
    Leftovers
    Serious Nature
    Moves: Rollout, Zen Headbutt, Return, Crunch

Vicitoria (Hydreigon), Lv. 86, Levitate
    Draco Plate
    Hasty Nature
    Moves: Fly, Payback (perhaps needing a stronger Dark move), Dragon Rush, Outrage

Move-sets updated. Is good progress being made?
    Last edited by Meaty_Man; 9th February 2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Updated movesets, and Eeks' nature was wrong

Blog Entries

@Meaty_Man; For both the Bisharp and Liepard, how about having Aerial Ace in their move sets? Aerial Ace can cover Bisharp's 4x weakness to fighting. As for Liepard (and this is my opinion), I'd get rid of Sucker Punch. I find it a bit hard/unreliable to use.

As for Sawk, I usually go with either Strength or Poison Jab to replace Focus Blast. Both moves hit hard, and Poison Jab's got a tendency to poison the opponent.

For Snorlax... I've honestly never used one myself. But think about its moves. Do you use Yawn pretty often in battles? If not, then go on ahead and replace it with Earthquake.

I think Silky could use a Bug-, Ghost- or Dark-type move for that pesky Psychic problem. Should I get rid of Focus Blast AND Reversal or just Focus Blast?

Getting rid of Sucker Punch was definitely not on my agenda, in fact I was going to give it to Buc Nasty as well rather than X-Scissor (as that covers nothing) as long as he can learn it.

Earthquake is definitely in for Gorge, replacing Yawn. But it has nothing for its (luckily only one) weakness. Flying doesn't sound plausible at all; what would be a good Psychic move to replace Return?

Thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries

You're welcome, @Meaty_Man;! Glad to be of some service.

I think Silky could use a Bug-, Ghost- or Dark-type move for that pesky Psychic problem. Should I get rid of Focus Blast AND Reversal or just Focus Blast?
    I'd get rid of Focus Blast, since Sawk has sub-par special attack. Looking at Sawk's moveset, the only Dark-type moves it can learn via TM are Taunt (Dark), Fling (Dark) and Payback (Dark)... and Knock Off (Dark) via Shard Tutor. It can't learn any Ghost- or Bug- types moves. I'd go with Payback, since its power doubles if Sawk moves after the opponent.

Getting rid of Sucker Punch was definitely not on my agenda, in fact I was going to give it to Buc Nasty as well rather than X-Scissor (as that covers nothing) as long as he can learn it.
    The only way a Bisharp can have Sucker Punch is if you obtained it from the Dream World area Spooky Manor as a Pawniard, or you had a DW female Pawniard bred with that move.

Earthquake is definitely in for Gorge, replacing Yawn. But it has nothing for its (luckily only one) weakness. Flying doesn't sound plausible at all; what would be a good Psychic move to replace Return?
    Hmmm... I don't suggest the actual move Psychic, since Snorlax's special attack is pretty low compared to its physical attack. How about Zen Headbutt? You can teach the move to Snorlax via the Shard Move Tutor in Lentimas Town, for 8 blue shards.

Hmmm... I don't suggest the actual move Psychic, since Snorlax's special attack is pretty low compared to its physical attack. How about Zen Headbutt? You can teach the move to Snorlax via the Shard Move Tutor in Lentimas Town, for 8 blue shards.
    The only problem with this is that I only have the first Black Version. Can you still teach Gorge Zen Headbutt somewhere within my game?
    Also, I don't seem to have the TM Earthquake. Where exactly is it? Is it in a difficult position?

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Meaty_Man View Post
    The only problem with this is that I only have the first Black Version. Can you still teach Gorge Zen Headbutt somewhere within my game?
    Also, I don't seem to have the TM Earthquake. Where exactly is it? Is it in a difficult position?
    You can only get Zen Headbutt on a Snorlax in B/W is by breeding your Snorlax with a Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking/Cranidos/Rampardos that knows the move and the Snorlax must be holding a Full Incense because it has to be a Munchlax to get the move. So Gorge can't get Zen Headbutt in B/W, I'm sorry to say.

TM26 Earthquake is found in the Relic Castle after you've beaten the game. The Relic Castle is in the Desert Resort by the way.

Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

I'm starting my Black 2 game, and I pretty much got 5 of the 6 down for sure, I just need help picking the last one.

Snivy--->Serperior
    Venipede--->Scolipede
    Yamask--->Cofagrigus
    Gothita--->Gothitelle
    Mienfoo--->Mienshao

For my last one, I'm thinking either:

Pidove--->Unfezant
    OR
    Cinccino--->Cinccino

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by JLomb; 22nd January 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Default My Fire Red Team Open in any Ideas

OK, so this is the Fire Red team and the moves of each pokemon I want to make. Plz look at it and see if you can help me improve I will also add some questions.

I don't wanna bother with EVs allthough I know how they work I think it's too much trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Charizard - Warog: No replacing him but I can change his moves.
    - Flamethrower
    - Aerial Ace
    - Rock Slide (Just in case.)
    - Sword Dance

2. Zapdos: I don't think there is a better electric in this game.
    - Thunderbolt
    - Drill Peck
    - Agility
    - Substitute (Cause it's rather squisy for a legendary.)

3. Nidoking: This one is very controversial since it's a good pokemon to start with but not so great in late game.
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thrash
    - Megahorn
    - Shadow Ball (I need a dark move somewhere.)

4. Golem: I think for Ground & Rock moves thid fella is the best. He can also take soem good dmg.
    - Rock Blast
    - Double Edge
    - Focus Punch (Not sure about this.)
    - Earthquake

5. Suicune: Ice and water moves.
    - Surf (Best water type move in my opinion.)
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest

6. Mewtwo: Not changing him. Moves can change.
    - Psychic (Surprise surprise!)
    - Ice Beam (This one is also controversial since Suicune has it too.)
    - Calm mind
    - Recovery

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so that's my team and the moves I have chosen.

My questions are:
    - Should I change Nidoking? I use him cause as I said he is reallt good at start. he can also learn a huge variety of moves from bug to dark types so he can be good way to fill my gaps in offense. If you guys have a better suggestion I am open.
    - Is Substitue good for Zapdos. I am not sure but since it's a pokemon that cannot take much damage I think it can be a life saver.
    - Should I replace Golem? If yes with what?
    - With what should I replace Ice Beam on Mewtwo?

Feel free to add any other improvements you can think of and I might not have included in my questions.

Plz do NOT tell me to:
    - Change Charizard with Moltres or Ho-Oh.
    - Change Suicune with Lugia. Lugia is Flying/Psychic and for some reason peopel think it's Water type.

Thank you evryone. ^^
    Last edited by m0ckingbird20; 27th January 2013 at 06:25 AM.

Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast