The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 84

Page 84 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1713
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Me!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
    I reserve the right to randomly sign my messages.
    My 3rd Medalist Pokemon was Magikarp, and it earned that position alone with no other species.
    I have too many Bouncekarp.

Blog Entries

i don't know much about the E4 in gen1, but looks well put together. good luck, and i love your name.

@Me!

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can I have my team rated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1020 View Post
    I want a rating of 1 out of 10 for my team. Please also tell me what types my party doesn't have a move to defeat, or any fatal flaws.

Zekrom Lvl. 86 Holds Griseous Orb, and knows Shadow Ball, Fusion Bolt, Draco Meteor, and Hyper Beam
    Kyurem Lvl. 87 Holds NeverMeltIce , and knows Glaciate, Fly, Draco Meteor, and Endeavor
    Samurott Lvl. 88 Holds Lustrous Orb, and knows Dive, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Hydro Cannon
    Stunfisk Lvl. 90 Holds Leftovers, and knows Earthquake, Flash, Thunder, and Fissure
    Mewtwo Lvl. 100 Holds Quick Claw and knows Psystrike, Electro Ball, Hyper Beam, and Aura Sphere
    Reshiram Lvl. 100 Holds Scope Lens, and knows Fusion Flare, Mist, Blue Flare, and Draco Meteor

May I have an 1 or 2 paragraph report?
    3/10. Reshiram's fine, though Mist could be replaced with Psychic, Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. Zekrom's Attack is higher than it's Special Attack, so consider replacing Shadow Ball, Draco Meteor and Hyper Beam with Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw and Giga Impact (though I'd recommend Bolt Strike over Giga Impact, when you reach Lv. 100). Also, it doesn't benefit from holding the Griseous Orb (being as it's Giratina's signature item). Kyurem could be improved by replacing Glaciate with Blizzard, and Endeavor with Hail (since it looks like you're more interested in a Kyurem with Special moves). Mewtwo doesn't really need a Quick Claw, and Hyper Beam could be replaced with any number of other moves. Samurott doesn't know why he's holding the Lustrous Orb, being as he doesn't gain anything by holding Palkia's signature item. Also, Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon could be replaced with any number of other moves to provide him with more coverage (Ice Beam or Blizzard to take advantage of Kyurem's Hail, X-Scissor or Megahorn, Dig, etc). If the accuracy of Stunfisk's moves are giving you trouble, Thunder could be replaced with Thunderbolt and Fissure could be replaced with... Anything else, really.

Me!
    Blog Entries

After looking up the Gen I E4 on Bulbapedia, I've decided to train my team another 10 lvs to stand a chance against Blue. Hey I'll find out what I called him then. I've honestly forgotten.
    My 3rd Medalist Pokemon was Magikarp, and it earned that position alone with no other species.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Me!;3870022]Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
    [/QUOTE

I don't believe that you can go back to gen. 1 after you brought a pokemon over to gen. 2. Can you?

Good pokemon but you should fix the movesets.

Flareon- both fire spin and ember are awful moves. Fire blast and flamethrower would be bettre.

Wigglituff- you have double edge on you? replace pound, also body slam can work too.

victreebel- replace razor leaf with solar beam

dugtrio- why have both scratch and slash? replace scratch with something else if possible.

butterfree- can it learn psychic? get rid of tackle and put it on, or find something else to replace tackle.

Blastoise- how about replacing bubble with body slam if you didn't use my suggestion for wigglituff.

I like the pokemon, but once again, please work on the movesets. Need stronger moves here and there, oh and level up to mid 50s at least.

Me!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Me! View Post
    Training for E4 on Blue:, have access to move deleter via my bro's Silver if necesary and all TMs availible unless I've used here (wasted Dig on Dugtrio);
    I don't believe that you can go back to gen. 1 after you brought a pokemon over to gen. 2. Can you?

Flareon- both fire spin and ember are awful moves. Fire blast and flamethrower would be bettre.

Wigglituff- you have double edge on you? replace pound, also body slam can work too.

dugtrio- why have both scratch and slash? replace scratch with something else if possible.

butterfree- can it learn psychic? get rid of tackle and put it on, or find something else to replace tackle.

Blastoise- how about replacing bubble with body slam if you didn't use my suggestion for wigglituff.

I like the pokemon, but once again, please work on the movesets. Need stronger moves here and there, oh and level up to mid 50s at least.
    Gen I and II can trade with eachother so long as none are/know moves from Gen II.

Thanks for the advice.
    Many of these low powere moves are from smaller number of moves in Gen I. This is my first run on Gen I so I wasn't exactly making expert choices.
    By looks of things Dugtrio has a tiny movepool. I think I'd be more comfortable if I did delete Flash from Wigglytuff. Feels like I need more TMs as all damage dealing TMs Dugtrio can learn are normal.
    Again thanks for your help.

-Me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post

Gen I and II can trade with eachother so long as none are/know moves from Gen II.

Thanks for the advice.
    Many of these low powere moves are from smaller number of moves in Gen I. This is my first run on Gen I so I wasn't exactly making expert choices.
    By looks of things Dugtrio has a tiny movepool. I think I'd be more comfortable if I did delete Flash from Wigglytuff. Feels like I need more TMs as all damage dealing TMs Dugtrio can learn are normal.
    Again thanks for your help.

-Me!

no prob! if you have rock slide and tri attack I believe dugtrio can learn both. Just in case you are still looking for tm suggestions for dugtrio.

Blog Entries

Follow sweet insanity on Tumblr

I'm just before the last gym and I would like an evaluation of my team and I need help finding a suitable 6th team member. I'm on White, and have played Black twice in the past without much success with the E4, as my teams are always hopeless... :( I know nothing whatsoever about EVs or IVs or natures, so if you have any tips or anything, they would be more than welcome!

Gurdurr - Lv. 32
    Exp. Share
    Wake-Up Slap
    Rock Throw
    Rock Slide
    Low Kick

Tranquill - Lv. 33
    Everstone
    Fly
    Roost
    Air Cutter
    Air Slash

Pansear - Lv. 33
    Rocky Helmet
    Acrobatics
    Flame Burst
    Bite
    Incinerate

Dewott - Lv. 40
    Mystic Water
    Water Pledge
    Razor Shell
    Revenge
    Surf

Emolga - Lv. 41
    No Item
    Light Screen
    Shock Wave
    Electro Ball
    Acrobatics

NOTE - I don't want to evolve any of my Pokémon, but I might consider evolving my Pansear if it would be beneficial.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebeam View Post
    I'm just before the last gym and I would like an evaluation of my team and I need help finding a suitable 6th team member. I'm on White, and have played Black twice in the past without much success with the E4, as my teams are always hopeless... :( I know nothing whatsoever about EVs or IVs or natures, so if you have any tips or anything, they would be more than welcome!

Gurdurr - Lv. 32
    Exp. Share
    Wake-Up Slap
    Rock Throw
    Rock Slide
    Low Kick

Tranquill - Lv. 33
    Everstone
    Fly
    Roost
    Air Cutter
    Air Slash

Pansear - Lv. 33
    Rocky Helmet
    Acrobatics
    Flame Burst
    Bite
    Incinerate

Dewott - Lv. 40
    Mystic Water
    Water Pledge
    Razor Shell
    Revenge
    Surf

Emolga - Lv. 41
    No Item
    Light Screen
    Shock Wave
    Electro Ball
    Acrobatics

NOTE - I don't want to evolve any of my Pokémon, but I might consider evolving my Pansear if it would be beneficial.

When you are done all the training you need for Gurdurr you should consider giving it eviolite. Out of everyone on your team it can abuse it best. Will become very physically defensive bulky. If you are before the last gym you should try to catch an ice type for it if you can for your 6 poke.

Blog Entries

Follow sweet insanity on Tumblr

Thanks very much! I'll start looking for a Beartic or a Cubchoo. I'm also wondering, should I train a Pawniard/Bisharp for the E4 or have you got any better ideas? Is it worth evolving my Pansear?

EDIT: Also, could I please have an evaluation of my Diamond team for the E4? I haven't played for a while and it has a lot of room for improvement.

Staraptor - Lv.46
    Exp. Share
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Wing Attack

Floatzel - Lv. 47
    No item
    Surf
    Rock Smash
    Crunch
    Waterfall

Monferno - Lv. 47
    No item
    Rock Climb
    Shadow Claw
    Close Combat
    Flame Wheel

Roserade - Lv. 48
    Big Root
    Giga Drain
    Mega Drain
    Ingrain
    Cut

Luxray - Lv. 50
    Magnet
    Thunder Fang
    Thunderbolt
    Strength
    Crunch

Dialga - Lv. 53
    Adamant Orb
    Metal Claw
    Ancient Power
    Dragon Claw
    Roar of Time

Yeah, they mainly fail in terms of moves, especially the ones with HMs... I can get through Aaron and Bertha all right, and Flint isn't too difficult but Lucian is currently impossible. Anyone know where the move deleter is in Sinnoh? Which items should I give my Pokémon?
    Last edited by sweet insanity; 4th April 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Blog Entries

evolve monferno and get a little more coverage on staraptor. i don't remember the levels very well, so a nice round 50 might be good on all of them.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Lightbulb Please Rate My Team

I JUST NOTICED I CREATED AN UNNECESARY NEW THREAD! SORRY! COULD A PROFESSIONAL MOVE THIS INTO THE IN-GAME TEAMS STICKY?

I know that Mew is illegal in most tourneys, but here's my team on RED. I have never entered a tournament before, and I am still constructing this team.

1. Rhydon
    -Horn Drill
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic
    -Fury Attack

2. Zapdos
    -Thunder
    -Fly
    -Sky Attack
    -Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
    -Roar
    -Take Down
    -Hyper Beam
    -Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
    -Petal Dance
    -Sleep Powder
    -Cut
    -Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
    -Aurora Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Surf
    -Substitute

6. Mew
    -Transform
    -Psychic
    -Tri Attack
    -Explosion
    Last edited by Mewtant; 6th April 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Default Re: Please Rate My Team

Oh a Old - Red version team.

I first change Rhydon Fury Attack for Body Slam, Horn Drill are banned so i put Rock Slide; in Zapdos i try with Drill Peck for Sky Attack or Fly, Arcanine Body Slam > Take Down, and Venusaur > Vileplume, better in all maybe you can use a Alakazam or Gengar for the banned Mew.

salutes
    White FC: 3267-8830-4041

Gym Leader of the Rock type gym, Fossil-Badge.

I still want to keep Vileplume, but I used a lot of your ideas, jaamoon. Thanks. Here is my edited team:

1. Rhydon
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic
    -Body Slam

2. Zapdos
    -Thunder
    -Drill Peck
    -Sky Attack
    -Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
    -Roar
    -Body Slam
    -Hyper Beam
    -Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
    -Petal Dance
    -Sleep Powder
    -Cut
    -Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
    -Aurora Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Surf
    -Substitute

6. Alakazam
    -Confusion
    -Psychic
    -Tri Attack
    -Explosion

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtant View Post
    I still want to keep Vileplume, but I used a lot of your ideas, jaamoon. Thanks. Here is my edited team:

1. Rhydon
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic
    -Body Slam

2. Zapdos
    -Thunder
    -Drill Peck
    -Sky Attack
    -Thunder Wave

3. Arcanine
    -Roar
    -Body Slam
    -Hyper Beam
    -Fire Blast

4. Vileplume
    -Petal Dance
    -Sleep Powder
    -Cut
    -Solarbeam

5. Cloyster
    -Aurora Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Surf
    -Substitute

6. Alakazam
    -Confusion
    -Psychic
    -Tri Attack
    -Explosion
    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Page 84 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast