The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 82
Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1791

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

So I've updated my team slightly and I've got a new issue that I'm struggling with. Water types. In HG/SS there are so many good water types I just can't decide which one to put on my team, since they can all really fit. The original plan was to take a Kingdra, but since getting access to Dragonscales pre-national is difficult I'm keeping my options open.

I try not to stack pokemon that share multiple weakness if I can help it. I also try to cover as many weaknesses as possible while still being useful. I usually have this problem at this point in the game. There are just too many good pokemon for me to choose from and it often results in me just starting over with a different starter in order to free up some space on my team. Like taking the water starter would free up a space for sure.

At the moment it really boils down to five water types that I'm torn between: Octillery, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Gyarados, and Mantine. But if I could have Kingdra this would be a non-issue.

And for those wondering, my team looks like this:

Typhlosion ~ Level 41
    Gengar ~ Level 42
    Umbreon ~ Level 35
    Open Slot
    Open Slot
    Open Slot
    Last edited by CanadianBones; 23rd February 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBones View Post
    So I've updated my team slightly and I've got a new issue that I'm struggling with. Water types. In HG/SS there are so many good water types I just can't decide which one to put on my team, since they can all really fit. The original plan was to take a Kingdra, but since getting access to Dragonscales pre-national is difficult I'm keeping my options open.

I try not to stack pokemon that share multiple weakness if I can help it. I also try to cover as many weaknesses as possible while still being useful. I usually have this problem at this point in the game. There are just too many good pokemon for me to choose from and it often results in me just starting over with a different starter in order to free up some space on my team. Like taking the water starter would free up a space for sure.

At the moment it really boils down to five water types that I'm torn between: Octillery, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Gyarados, and Mantine. But if I could have Kingdra this would be a non-issue.

Typhlosion ~ Level 41
    Gengar ~ Level 42
    Umbreon ~ Level 35
    Open Slot
    Open Slot
    Open Slot
    If it were me I'd choose gyrados. You have awesome special attackers with typhlosion and gengar, plus a defensive umbreon (you probably don't want to make this an attacking pokemon especially when you get to battle frontier). Gyrados is a very bulky physical attacker with decent special defences and intimidate. Give it dragon dance, waterfall, earthquake, and whatever (ice fang is a standard I believe) and you have a pokemon that can destroy most of anything if it gets to set up.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBones View Post

Typhlosion ~ Level 41
    Gengar ~ Level 42
    Umbreon ~ Level 35
    Open Slot
    Open Slot
    Open Slot
    Go for gyarados as AshK said or i think you will have access to golduck who can learn quite a few hms as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Default HG first time Elite Four team

So this is the team I want to run after some unsuccessful attempts.

Magneton, Meganium, Gyrados, Kadabra, Ho-Oh and Gengar. I feel like thats a pretty balanced team, I don't have much trouble with the Elite Four, it's the Champion thats being a thorn in my side.

I was using Ampharos instead of Magneton before.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HG first time Elite Four team

a dd gyara with ice fang messes up lance till he is beyond recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: HG first time Elite Four team

@Vynidual Next time you post a team for in-game purposes, please use the In-Game Teams thread.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Registered User Crimson Eternity's Avatar

Default B/W Teams?

The team I run is...

Hydreigon
    Dragon/Dark
    Ablility: Levitate
    Crunch
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Outrage

Charizard
    Fire/Flying
    Ability: Blaze
    Fly
    Sky Drop
    Blast Burn
    Flamethrower

Golurk
    Ghost/Ground
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Shadow Ball
    Earthquake
    Mega Punch
    Shadow Punch

Metagross
    Steel/Psychic
    Ability: Clear Body
    Meteor Mash
    Flash Cannon
    Psychic
    Toxic

Luxray
    Electric
    Ability: Intimidate
    Wild Charge
    Thunder Fang
    Return
    Thunderbolt

Poliwrath
    Water/Fighting
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Dyamicpunch
    Brick Break

What do you think? Comments?

MOD EDIT: Moved to Battle Centre. Merge with In-game team thread requested.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 7th March 2012 at 05:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: B/W Teams?

That's a pretty good team you got there. Nice variety, nice coverage. I think that's pretty good. Though, I would recommend something else than Return for Luxray. It doesn't matter if its friendliness is high, but still.

Default Re: B/W Teams?

The last thing I want to do is to offend you, but some of your movesets need some major overhauls.

Hydreigon
    Dragon/Dark
    Crunch
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Outrage

Here, there's no point in having three different Dragon-type moves. Imagine if you go against a Steel type, it will resist both Crunch and any of your Dragon-type moves. I suggest that you teach Flamethrower and Focus Blast and replace them for Outrage and Draco Meteor, since Hydreigon is mostly a Special attacker.

Luxray
    Electric
    Wild Charge
    Thunder Fang
    Return
    Thunderbolt

The same here. Three different Electric-type moves is unnecessary. Imagine you go against a Rock type, which is very commonly paired with the Ground type. You would do not very effective damage with Return, and no damage at all with any of the Electric moves. I'd teach it Crunch and Flame Charge, or Thunder Wave to paralyze some faster opponents.

The Pokémon you're using are very good though!

Golurk
    Ghost/Ground
    Shadow Ball
    Earthquake
    Mega Punch
    Shadow Punch

For your Golurk, I suggest you get rid of Shadow Ball and replace it with Hammer Arm. Mega Punch can be replaced with something else since, yes, it may be boosted by Iron Fist, it does not have any coverage whatsoever. I suggest you replace it with Stone Edge which will greatly help in terms of coverage.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

@Destiny Queen...
    Thank you very much. I spent a pretty decent amount of time figuring out everything I needed to cover (as far as types go, that is). Often times, I will use Return as something of a "filler move" if you will. What would you suggest in place of it?

@Anser...
    I am not offended at all. I didn't post my team on here to brag, merely to get other peoples' takes on my roster. You make a very interesting point. I figured I could just cover up my team's weaknesses with other Pokemon. For example, if somebody sends out a Steel-type Pokemon, I could send my Charizard out, and so on. With my Hydreigon, I like the idea of teaching it Flamethrower, but I don't have the TM for Focus Blast. Any idea of where to find it, or possibly another move in place of it? As for my Luxray, I'm thinking I should probably ax the moves Thunderbolt and Return, seeing as it's more of an Attacker (as opposed to a Special Attacker). Thank you very much for the tips.

@Affinity...
    Like I said to Destiny Queen (albeit in a different example), Mega Punch is simply a "filler move". I have it because it's a semi-decent move, and it's powered up by Iron Fist (double whammy for a "filler" in my opinion). Stone Edge is a good idea, seeing as I really have nothing in the Rock-type department. I'm very appreciative of the advice, so thank you.

Just out of curiosity, what do all of you run?
    Last edited by Crimson Eternity; 8th March 2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@jhsears94 I'd recommend Crunch instead of Return

@jhsears94 You find it in the deepest level at the Wellspring Cave. You need Surf and Flash. You're welcome, that's what we're here for!

Well, I've updated my team in an effort to improve on some things. Please tell me what you think.

Hydreigon
    Dragon/Dark
    Crunch
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast

Charizard
    Fire/Flying
    Ability: Blaze
    Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Blast Burn
    Flamethrower

Golurk
    Ghost/Ground
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Shadow Punch

Metagross
    Steel/Psychic
    Ability: Clear Body
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Psychic
    Toxic

Luxray
    Electric
    Wild Charge
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch
    Flame Charge

Poliwrath
    Water/Fighting
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Bulk Up
    Brick Break

I've made a few improvements in their movesets, I think. Opinions?

Blog Entries

If this is an in-game team...you might want to consider a different Metagross moveset. Unless you happen to be like me and stall out opponents full restores with Toxics and Protects, an Elemental Punch could be a lot more helpful.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast