The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 79

Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1713
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Quote Originally Posted by JLomb View Post
    I've almost completed my planned team for Black and I'm stuck on whether to go with Seismitoad or Jelicent as a water type. Without them my team is Serperior, Krookodile, Zororak, Gothitelle, Galvantula and Mandibuzz.

I am also going to breed my Gothita, and can't decide between Dark Pulse or Mirror Coat as an egg move since I can't have both (I'm quite indecisive if you hadn't guessed lol).

Suggestions?
    well i don't know sort of battling style you have but seiemitoed = offensive and jellicent = defensive, though jellicent does have a decent type synergy with your team.

Again, i don't know what will you be using gothita for. It can learn shadow ball, which means dark pulse isn't necessary and your team has 3 pokemon who can use dark type moves and get stab for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

I'm having troubles with the battle subway. I can't seem to get through the 3rd round in order to go against the subway leader. Here is the team I usually use:

(take note: I don't have very useful items right now since I obviously need the battle points to get them!)
    Eelektross
    item: scope lens
    ability: levitate
    stats: attack: 139, defence: 85, sp. attack: 113, sp. defence: 94, spe: 79
    crunch
    flamethrower
    wild charge
    dragon claw
    - considering they are all tms I would be open to any changes to this moveset, although i do really like wild charge.

Samurott:
    ability: torrent
    item: rocky helmet
    stats: a: 134, def: 111, sp. attack: 122, sp. def: 98, spe: 99
    swords dance
    aqua tale
    aqua jet
    mega horn
    - I'm trying to EV train it in sp. defence because i find that it screws me over the worst, but I can do better. I wouldn't mind an overhaul with this moveset either but I do want to keep aqua jet. When its low on health it can come in handy.

Volcorana:
    ability: flame body
    item: silverpowder
    a: 74, def: 73, sp att: 142, sp. def: 117, spe: 115
    quiver dance
    flame thrower
    hidden power (grass)
    bug buzz
    - I'm open to suggestion here with the moveset but I'm not planning on changing quiver dance or bug buzz.

Any suggestions will be helpful as well as EV training isuggestions, thanks!.

I'm no expert but I'd take either aqua jet or aqua tail off Samurott. It can learn something like Night Slash (needs to be bred though) or re-learn Revenge.
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

In terms of Unova Pokemon (Pre-National Dex), who would you say is a good user of Sunny Day? I've got a good chunk of the rest of the team set, but I'm unsure who to have as a Sunny Day/Solarbeam user.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    I'm having troubles with the battle subway. I can't seem to get through the 3rd round in order to go against the subway leader. Here is the team I usually use:

(take note: I don't have very useful items right now since I obviously need the battle points to get them!)
    Eelektross
    item: scope lens
    ability: levitate
    stats: attack: 139, defence: 85, sp. attack: 113, sp. defence: 94, spe: 79
    crunch
    flamethrower
    wild charge
    dragon claw
    - considering they are all tms I would be open to any changes to this moveset, although i do really like wild charge.

Samurott:
    ability: torrent
    item: rocky helmet
    stats: a: 134, def: 111, sp. attack: 122, sp. def: 98, spe: 99
    swords dance
    aqua tale
    aqua jet
    mega horn
    - I'm trying to EV train it in sp. defence because i find that it screws me over the worst, but I can do better. I wouldn't mind an overhaul with this moveset either but I do want to keep aqua jet. When its low on health it can come in handy.

Volcorana:
    ability: flame body
    item: silverpowder
    a: 74, def: 73, sp att: 142, sp. def: 117, spe: 115
    quiver dance
    flame thrower
    hidden power (grass)
    bug buzz
    - I'm open to suggestion here with the moveset but I'm not planning on changing quiver dance or bug buzz.

Any suggestions will be helpful as well as EV training isuggestions, thanks!.
    Try an elektross with coil, d-claw, wild charge and filler move. I would use rest for the last move slot and make him hold chesto berry. Invest in spdef if you go with this movest. Its somewhat risky but coil is definitely elektross' best move,imo.

Nice set for sammurot. Keep aqua jet. It is useful. I would suggest waterfall since aqua tail tends to miss every time for me. Make him hold muscle band or life orb or lum berry.

Psychic >> hp grass. You can't hit fire types with any of your coverage moves. Thus, Psychic is more powerful and has better coverage. If you don't use it on ellektross, you can also consider the chesto berry + rest idea here (rest instead of psychic). if you don't I think the item leftovers will work best for volcarona.

@troper1016
    A Lilligant with clorophyll ability(its not necessary though) is definitely the best.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    Try an elektross with coil, d-claw, wild charge and filler move. I would use rest for the last move slot and make him hold chesto berry. Invest in spdef if you go with this movest. Its somewhat risky but coil is definitely elektross' best move,imo.

Nice set for sammurot. Keep aqua jet. It is useful. I would suggest waterfall since aqua tail tends to miss every time for me. Make him hold muscle band or life orb or lum berry.

Psychic >> hp grass. You can't hit fire types with any of your coverage moves. Thus, Psychic is more powerful and has better coverage. If you don't use it on ellektross, you can also consider the chesto berry + rest idea here (rest instead of psychic). if you don't I think the item leftovers will work best for volcarona.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Coil would be very useful actually but that would mean I would have to catch another tynamo, evolve it and train it up until it learns coil :( (unless there's another way??) I thought HP grass was a good idea for bulky water and grounds but I psychic is a great move so it would probably still hit them hard. I may go for that suggestion. Good call on samurott too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Coil would be very useful actually but that would mean I would have to catch another tynamo, evolve it and train it up until it learns coil :( (unless there's another way??) I thought HP grass was a good idea for bulky water and grounds but I psychic is a great move so it would probably still hit them hard. I may go for that suggestion. Good call on samurott too.
    Is it possible to relearn it using that move relearner?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    Is it possible to relearn it using that move relearner?
    Not unless Eelecktross has it in it's own level-up moveset, which i don't know, myself, having never trained an eelecktross.

Coil should be relearnable.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    Coil should be relearnable.
    Eelektross doesn't learn Coil, so it can't relearn it once it's evolved from Eelektrik.

So, I'm planning to do a mono-Grass type runthrough of HG. So far I've decided on Budew, Tropius and Lotad. I'm looking for help/suggestions for the other three? Tropius and Lotad have to stay for Fly and Surf, respectively. I also don't want to use starters, legendaries or Breloom (I used Breloom on my SS team, so it would feel repetitive).

So, any help/suggestions?
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzle. View Post
    So, I'm planning to do a mono-Grass type runthrough of HG. So far I've decided on Budew, Tropius and Lotad. I'm looking for help/suggestions for the other three? Tropius and Lotad have to stay for Fly and Surf, respectively. I also don't want to use starters, legendaries or Breloom (I used Breloom on my SS team, so it would feel repetitive).

So, any help/suggestions?
    You haven't considered Sunkern, Tangela, Oddish, Seedot, Shroomish, Cacnea, Bellsprout, Hoppip, or Snover, have you?

Snover would be a must on that team. Seedot too I'd imagine. Shroomish is out of the question.

Eelektross doesn't learn Coil, so it can't relearn it once it's evolved from Eelektrik.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eelektrik_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Exactly so that it could be Heart Scaled doesn't it?

Blog Entries

Nope, I learned this the hard way. The move relearner won't be able to re-teach your Poke if that evolution doesn't learn it via levelling up - I think it was my Whimsicott this happened to. I replaced Stun Spore thinking I can just relearn it after I level up and evolve, but no. :(
    Black FC: Xiera: 4427 4449 8375

Masuda Method Count - Eggs hatched for Shiny:
    Snivy: 150 Eevee: 72 XD Skitty: 605 Rotom: 31 XDD
    Current project: Vanillite: 780 and counting

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman.EXE View Post
    You haven't considered Sunkern, Tangela, Oddish, Seedot, Shroomish, Cacnea, Bellsprout, Hoppip, or Snover, have you?
    Shroomish is a no because it evolves into Breloom. Snover is also a no because the Hail it brings isn't great :< Some of the others are really weak too (Sunkern). Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry don't learn any good moves without TMs/tutoring.

Cacnea and Tangela are the only ones I could see myself using. Is this all of the Grass-types?

Snover would be a must on that team. Seedot too I'd imagine. Shroomish is out of the question.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eelektrik_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Seedot and Snover are both a no, unfortunately :( See my above response as to why.

And yeah, Eelektrik learns it but Eelektross doesn't, so it won't relearn it at a move tutors. Anything that evolves via a stone cannot usually learns much at move relearners.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Shroomish is a no because it evolves into Breloom. Snover is also a no because the Hail it brings isn't great :< Some of the others are really weak too (Sunkern). Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry don't learn any good moves without TMs/tutoring.

Cacnea and Tangela are the only ones I could see myself using. Is this all of the Grass-types?
    Have you considered Lilleep and Paras? Up to Gen IV, minus starters, I think you mentioned/considered/dismissed all of the options.

Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast