The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 70

Page 70 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1713
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

  1. #1036
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    My Pokemon SoulSilver team, I'm about to take on the elite four the first time:

    Feraligatr lvl 45
    -Defence +Speed Nature
    Agility
    Crunch
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall

    Crobat lvl 45
    -Sp Att +Defence Nature
    Confuse Ray
    CrossPoison
    Wing Attack (need higher power STAB, but didnt have access to breeding when i caught it)
    Bite (looking to replace with Giga drain after E4 to exploit x4 weaknesses and mega healing)

    Forretress lvl 45
    -Attack +Sp Def Nature
    Spikes
    Explosion
    Payback (want gyroball but he learns it so dang late in SS)
    Bugbite (for stab but mostly to remove Lum and Sitrus berrys)

    Victrebel lvl 45
    +Attack -Sp Att Nature
    Razor Leaf (replacing it with leaf blade in 2 levels)
    Acid (want sludgebomb but dont want to use TM)
    Wrap (gonna replace it with Sucker Punch when i get access to the move tutor, right now its so runners cant flee immediatly)
    Sleep Powder (cause suprisingly runners can still run away when they're asleep:/)

    Mamoswine lvl 45
    -Sp Defence +Attack Nature
    Earthquake
    Bite
    Ice shard
    Hail (filler, he has snowcloak)

    Slowpoke lvl 45
    Yawn (replacing with nastyplot after evolution)
    Slack-off (replacing with Twave if i ever take it competive)
    Surf
    Zen headbutt (right now its attack is the higher stat, gonna move relearner pyschic when it evolves)

    So thats my team, need a desperately better moveset for my crobat. But don't know if i can do it without breeding. I might just try to re breed for better IVs and also breed pursuit and roost onto a starly to give crobat Toxic, Pursuit, roost, and brave bird. pursuit would be good for hitting people on the switch after toxic but crobat really isnt bulky enough to heal up with roost. good for ingame though

  2. #1037
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by torf.0' View Post
    My Pokemon SoulSilver team, I'm about to take on the elite four the first time:

    Feraligatr lvl 45
    -Defence +Speed Nature
    Agility
    Crunch
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall

    Crobat lvl 45
    -Sp Att +Defence Nature
    Confuse Ray
    CrossPoison
    Wing Attack (need higher power STAB, but didnt have access to breeding when i caught it)
    Bite (looking to replace with Giga drain after E4 to exploit x4 weaknesses and mega healing)

    Forretress lvl 45
    -Attack +Sp Def Nature
    Spikes
    Explosion
    Payback (want gyroball but he learns it so dang late in SS)
    Bugbite (for stab but mostly to remove Lum and Sitrus berrys)

    Victrebel lvl 45
    +Attack -Sp Att Nature
    Razor Leaf (replacing it with leaf blade in 2 levels)
    Acid (want sludgebomb but dont want to use TM)
    Wrap (gonna replace it with Sucker Punch when i get access to the move tutor, right now its so runners cant flee immediatly)
    Sleep Powder (cause suprisingly runners can still run away when they're asleep:/)

    Mamoswine lvl 45
    -Sp Defence +Attack Nature
    Earthquake
    Bite
    Ice shard
    Hail (filler, he has snowcloak)

    Slowpoke lvl 45
    Yawn (replacing with nastyplot after evolution)
    Slack-off (replacing with Twave if i ever take it competive)
    Surf
    Zen headbutt (right now its attack is the higher stat, gonna move relearner pyschic when it evolves)

    So thats my team, need a desperately better moveset for my crobat. But don't know if i can do it without breeding. I might just try to re breed for better IVs and also breed pursuit and roost onto a starly to give crobat Toxic, Pursuit, roost, and brave bird. pursuit would be good for hitting people on the switch after toxic but crobat really isnt bulky enough to heal up with roost. good for ingame though
    This is a very very good team.
    Feraligatr: This is a fantastic moveset. If you do breed then consider breeding a dragon dancing one.
    Crobat: Crobat's special attack isn't fantastic unfortunately. Try something like superfang or u turn rather than Giga drain.
    You don't need pursuit ingame, since AI rarely switches.

    Forretress: Remove explosion. Its not too good ingame. Replace it with Gyro ball. Consider stealth rock instead of spikes. Just requires 1 turn of setup. Will be helpful in rematches against Bugsy and others.
    Slowpoke: I don't think it learns nasty plot but i may be wrong.You can consider calm mind though.
    Slack off is useful especially if you go competitive.

    @AshK
    I can only suggest Rock slide and Brick break for Krookodile instead of Foul play and Bulldozer. Otherwise the team is pretty good except for the natures that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  3. #1038
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    I'm thinking of this for a double battle team, so opinions please.


    Poliwrath

    Jolly
    Water Absorb
    Salac Berry
    -Waterfall
    -Belly Drum
    -Hypnosis?
    -?


    Politoed

    Mild
    Water Absorb
    ?
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Hypnosis?
    -Bounce?


    Manectric
    Mild
    Lightning Rod
    ?
    -Thunder
    -Flamethrower
    -Quick Attack
    -Thunder Wave


    Swampert
    Adamant? Or Jolly?
    Torrent
    ?
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge (or Rock Slide)
    -Ice Punch

    Any tips or improvements?
    Last edited by Oswin; 7th September 2011 at 12:13 PM.

  4. #1039
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    I don't think that that will work too well, because you are going to be overwhelmed by the sheer power in Doubles, while not producing enough to do the same.

    Much love to Zurr

  5. #1040
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    I would agree with Angad. The grass type weakness is going to be an issue, even with Flamethrower on Manectric. Also, why THunder Wave over something like Charge Beam? At any rate, I'd recommend a more offensive stance.

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  6. #1041
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    I don't think that that will work too well, because you are going to be overwhelmed by the sheer power in Doubles, while not producing enough to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    I would agree with Angad. The grass type weakness is going to be an issue, even with Flamethrower on Manectric. Also, why THunder Wave over something like Charge Beam? At any rate, I'd recommend a more offensive stance.
    I have it all planned out, Poliwrath uses Belly Drum, maximizing his attack, then Salac berry would kick in, increasing his speed. Hopefully Politoed would be fast enough to use Surf and heal Poliwrath, and then Poliwrath can begin to destroy the opposition. If I give Poliwrath Ice punch, that's Grass sorted. Seriously Grass isn't an issue. However the whole thing falls apart if Poliwrath can't set up though so I might get something with Follow Me instead?

  7. #1042
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    I have it all planned out, Poliwrath uses Belly Drum, maximizing his attack, then Salac berry would kick in, increasing his speed. Hopefully Politoed would be fast enough to use Surf and heal Poliwrath, and then Poliwrath can begin to destroy the opposition. If I give Poliwrath Ice punch, that's Grass sorted. Seriously Grass isn't an issue. However the whole thing falls apart if Poliwrath can't set up though so I might get something with Follow Me instead?
    Moves like fakeout, rock slide are too common in doubles. What if poliwrath loses 50% before it can set up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  8. #1043
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    Moves like fakeout, rock slide are too common in doubles. What if poliwrath loses 50% before it can set up?
    Surf + Water Absorb.

  9. #1044
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    I have it all planned out, Poliwrath uses Belly Drum, maximizing his attack, then Salac berry would kick in, increasing his speed. Hopefully Politoed would be fast enough to use Surf and heal Poliwrath, and then Poliwrath can begin to destroy the opposition. If I give Poliwrath Ice punch, that's Grass sorted. Seriously Grass isn't an issue. However the whole thing falls apart if Poliwrath can't set up though so I might get something with Follow Me instead?
    A few things, Salac Berry isn't currently out. And the main issue with that is that you are assuming that your opponent won't doing anything in this time. Themes are prevalent in Doubles, whether it is Auto-weather, Trick Room, Tailwind, or Thunder Wave, what do you expect your opponent will do in this time?

    Much love to Zurr

  10. #1045
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    @PkmnGreen : It looks like Pokémon like Jolteon could give you a bit of a headache. It'll outspeed and definitely KO Poliwrath.
    Also, why THunder on Manectric if you aren't running Rain Dance? It's accuracy could be a problem. I'm thinking more THunderbolt Charge Beam, Hidden Power, and Flamethrower. Good coverage and a bit of oomph with Charge Beam.

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  11. #1046
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    @PkmnGreen

    Well, most of it has been said already.
    Why not use drizzle politoed? (i assume that this is a gen 5 team)
    Also swampert won't be able to use earthquake at all, as you have no levitators or fliers. Manectric will also faint, if it takes your swampert's earthquake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  12. #1047
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    @PkmnGreen

    Well, most of it has been said already.
    Why not use drizzle politoed? (i assume that this is a gen 5 team)
    Also swampert won't be able to use earthquake at all, as you have no levitators or fliers. Manectric will also faint, if it takes your swampert's earthquake.
    EQ usually is fine if you have enough protectors.

    Much love to Zurr

  13. #1048
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    EQ usually is fine if you have enough protectors.
    He doesn't have one. and lets not forget that the opponent can also use levitators, protect or Wide guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  14. #1049
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Manectric's going to have a balloon, so Earthquake isn't a problem for that, unless Manectric's hit. Politoed would outspeed Swampert, so no problem there, as long as I'm careful to use Earthguake on the turn Politoed bounces.

  15. #1050
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Manectric's going to have a balloon, so Earthquake isn't a problem for that, unless Manectric's hit. Politoed would outspeed Swampert, so no problem there, as long as I'm careful to use Earthguake on the turn Politoed bounces.
    I don't know why you aren't using dw politoed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Page 70 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •