The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 67

Page 67 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1713
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

  1. #991
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    Pignite Level 31

    Heat Crash
    Flame Charge (soon to be replaced)
    Arm Thrust
    Rollout

    Herdier Level 30

    Return
    Work Up
    Crunch
    Dig

    Darumaka Lvl 30

    Fire Punch
    Thrash
    Headbutt
    Work Up

    Yamask Level 27 (EXP Share)

    Ominous Wind
    Hex
    Will'o'wisp
    Haze
    As you can see, I don't really care about type problems. I prefer Pokémon with reasonable amounts of power, but it's not a huge necessity.

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  2. #992
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    As you can see, I don't really care about type problems. I prefer Pokémon with reasonable amounts of power, but it's not a huge necessity.
    ferrothorm@leftovers(if possible) or shell bell
    curse
    gyro ball/iron head
    power whip
    payback/leech seed.

    This is my fave ingame set for this guy.He can absorb a lot of punishment.
    First set up leech seed,if u have it that is.
    then set up 1 curse,maybe 2.(he has so much defense,that he can easily do it.)
    then attack with power whip and gyro ball,which will hit very hard.Use iron head if u r less concerned about power and more about pp.
    He can fit in you team perfectly.Dont forget to give feedback if u try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  3. #993
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Maybe, except I already have a fairly good wall (Confagrigus), so his position might not be the best. Worth a shot, I guess.

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  4. #994
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    Maybe, except I already have a fairly good wall (Confagrigus), so his position might not be the best. Worth a shot, I guess.
    cofagrigious has many problems as far as its move-pool is concerned.

    Edit
    @Thundagere

    What i want to say is that cofa sucks ingame completely.I have played with him and he lacks the movepool especially before E4.He's just not useful enough.

    And yes to effectively utilize that set i gave you,i recommend leech seed.Its incredibly useful.
    And if u want a powerful ghost go for chandelure AND GIVE ONE OF UR POKES SUNNY DAY.
    Chandelure is absolutely DEVASTATING.And you can take water hits in the sun and can fall back on ferro if needed.
    Last edited by Lord Clowncrete; 29th July 2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  5. #995
    Registered User wundrwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canal Fulton, Ohio
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Im on a run through Black, and so far I have:
    Oshawott: 13 Lax

    Pansear: 12 Docile

    I want to start over with better natures for at least Oshawott. what are some good natures for it, and what is a good team if Oshawott and Pansear are the 1st two members? If I get a Garvantula, I was thinking of being raindance based, but I'm not sure since I will have Pansear. Plz make some suggestions on team, maybe a good moveset for endgame, and I can work toward it on my own.
    Surge, Pokemon Y
    FC: 5172-0769-5779
    I love battling, so challenge me whenever!

  6. #996
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by wundrwhat View Post
    Im on a run through Black, and so far I have:
    Oshawott: 13 Lax

    Pansear: 12 Docile

    I want to start over with better natures for at least Oshawott. what are some good natures for it, and what is a good team if Oshawott and Pansear are the 1st two members? If I get a Garvantula, I was thinking of being raindance based, but I'm not sure since I will have Pansear. Plz make some suggestions on team, maybe a good moveset for endgame, and I can work toward it on my own.
    I can suggest you a rain dance team but first tell me whether you will be able to get fossil pokes like Kabutops or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  7. #997
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    cofagrigious has many problems as far as its move-pool is concerned.

    Edit
    @Thundagere

    What i want to say is that cofa sucks ingame completely.I have played with him and he lacks the movepool especially before E4.He's just not useful enough.

    And yes to effectively utilize that set i gave you,i recommend leech seed.Its incredibly useful.
    And if u want a powerful ghost go for chandelure AND GIVE ONE OF UR POKES SUNNY DAY.
    Chandelure is absolutely DEVASTATING.And you can take water hits in the sun and can fall back on ferro if needed.
    FYI, I swapped out Darumaka for a Tirtouga. It has proven extremely useful, both in countering my weaknesses and being all around awesome.
    Thus, I'm thinking now that that's taken care of, maybe I should just get a Mienshao and end it at that? Of course, that would replace Yamask...

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  8. #998
    Registered User wundrwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canal Fulton, Ohio
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    I can suggest you a rain dance team but first tell me whether you will be able to get fossil pokes like Kabutops or not?
    No, I won't. If I could get a raindance team with just 5th gens, that would be great. If not, a sunny day team, or just a team that has good coverage that works for e4. I know scrafty covers e4 members, excluding marshal. I'm even allowing ice type suggestions :P hate ice, but if it works, I'm up for it
    Last edited by wundrwhat; 3rd August 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Surge, Pokemon Y
    FC: 5172-0769-5779
    I love battling, so challenge me whenever!

  9. #999
    Requiem Raver Drakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard the Hikokyu II
    Posts
    2,272
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by wundrwhat View Post
    No, I won't. If I could get a raindance team with just 5th gens, that would be great. If not, a sunny day team, or just a team that has good coverage that works for e4. I know scrafty covers e4 members, excluding marshal. I'm even allowing ice type suggestions :P hate ice, but if it works, I'm up for it
    Physical or special based?

    For the physical, you've got Mamoswine, Beartic and Weavile. Special, Jynx or Glaceon.

    Though, teaching Ice Beam to a non-ice type with high SP attack seems like a better option. If only because ice has five weaknesses, three of which are common types used in attacking.

    ------------------------------------

    Well, here's my team:

    Scolipede (Lv 56) - Serious - Poison Point - Black Sludge
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Poison Jab

    Volcarona (Lv 82) - Modest - Flame Body - Shell Bell
    - Heat Wave
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fire Blast

    Samurott (Lv 91) - Quirky - Torrent - Mystic Water
    - Waterfall
    - Hydro Pump
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

    Zebstrika (Lv 91 - Brave - Motor Drive - Magnet
    - Thrash
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flame Charge
    - Wild Charge

    Braviary (Lv 82) - Impish - Sheer Force - Leftovers
    - Superpower
    - Brave Bird
    - Rock Slide
    - Fly

    Liepart (Lv 66) - Quiet -Limber - None
    - Thief
    - Grass Knot
    - Night Slash
    - Echoed Voice
    Last edited by Drakon; 3rd August 2011 at 07:20 PM.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

    Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

    Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

  10. #1000
    Registered User wundrwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canal Fulton, Ohio
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Physical or special based?

    For the physical, you've got Mamoswine, Beartic and Weavile. Special, Jynx or Glaceon.

    Though, teaching Ice Beam to a non-ice type with high SP attack seems like a better option. If only because ice has five weaknesses, three of which are common types used in attacking.
    i usually go with physical, and I would like beartic, since it is 5th gen. I also have oshawott that I could teach an ice move down the road
    Surge, Pokemon Y
    FC: 5172-0769-5779
    I love battling, so challenge me whenever!

  11. #1001
    Requiem Raver Drakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard the Hikokyu II
    Posts
    2,272
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by wundrwhat View Post
    i usually go with physical, and I would like beartic, since it is 5th gen. I also have oshawott that I could teach an ice move down the road
    How about this set for Beartic:

    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    - Hail
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

    Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

    Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

  12. #1002
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    FYI, I swapped out Darumaka for a Tirtouga. It has proven extremely useful, both in countering my weaknesses and being all around awesome.
    Thus, I'm thinking now that that's taken care of, maybe I should just get a Mienshao and end it at that? Of course, that would replace Yamask...
    tbh, u dont need mienshao at all.
    If you want a sweeper,try this:
    Krookodile
    adamant
    moxie
    earthquake
    crunch
    brick break
    rock slide.

    I have defeated everyone except marshall using this guy.He is very powerful.

    If you have problems with marshal,then go for braviary(white)/renuclaus(white) or gothitelle(black).

    @wundrwhat

    Alright a team i used:
    Samurott-naughty-torrent-any item will do.
    Ice beam/fang,surf,revenge and megahorn/aqua jet.

    krookodile-adamant-
    moxie
    earthquake
    crunch
    brick break
    rock slide.

    SIMISAGE(yes its simisage)-adamant
    seed bomb
    brick break
    shadow claw
    acrobatics/any other coverage move will do.

    If you want a pokemon to deal with marshall, then you can use the braviary set as suggested by drakon(just replace fly with something else.)Or you can use sigilyph.
    Sigilyph-modest-
    psychic
    ice beam
    air slash
    shadow ball/charge beam/energy ball,etc.

    The reamiaing 2 slots should be used for hm slaves,to make the journey as smooth as possible.

    This is a very powerfull team.If you want some more advice,feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by Lord Clowncrete; 4th August 2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  13. #1003
    Registered User aristides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    I focus on stab alot and save my pokemon from super affective hits as so:

    Swampert
    Surf+earthquake+dig= stab
    ice beam for annoying grass types.

    Rayquaza
    Fly+dragon claw=stab
    Flamethrower for ice types
    Thunderbolt for water types who know ice type attacks
    Dragon claw for dragon types

    Castform
    Hail+sunny day+rain dance=weather balls power going to 100+stab=150 pwr!
    weather ball for stab+ super affective

    Breloom
    Sky uppercut+giga drain+ solerbeam+stab= extreme damage
    streangth because I don't know what else to teach him

    Sableye (not super affected by anything, look it up+ not affected by normal/fighting)
    Shadow ball+feint attack=stab
    Psycic (because I said so)
    Arial ace (figting types absolute worst nightmare)

    Raichu (incomplete)
    Thunder+thunderbolt=stab
    Slam
    (soon to replace quick attack with iron tail, sadly not too soon)

    As you can see my pokemon dont know growl or any stat changing move. When someone is beating my pokemon into comas I dont care about stats. I also dont have hm slaves.

  14. #1004
    dakadakadakadaka Wartortle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hinata House
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    I just started a new game, but I am stuck on Clay.

    Vanira (Vanilite)
    -Male Lv 22
    Uproar
    Icy Wind
    Mist
    Avalanche

    Mantle (Dwebble)
    -Male Lv30
    Rock Slide
    Faint Attack
    Smack Down
    Bug Bite

    Kroc (Krokorok)
    -Female Lv29
    Retaliate
    Swagger
    Sand Tomb
    Crunch

    Osh (Dewott)
    -Male Lv30
    Revenge
    Fury Cutter
    Water Pulse
    Razor Shell

    Quill (Tranquill)
    -Male Lv29
    Roost
    Air Cutter
    Leer
    Quick Attack

    For my sixth member, I'm thinking Joltik (-> Galvantula).


  15. #1005
    The Hellish Angel Flareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where do you think?!
    Posts
    1,072
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wartortle View Post
    I just started a new game, but I am stuck on Clay.

    Vanira (Vanilite)
    -Male Lv 22
    Uproar
    Icy Wind
    Mist
    Avalanche

    Doesn't seem like there's a lot that can be done right now. All I can think of is Flash Cannon, and that'll come much later.

    Mantle (Dwebble)
    -Male Lv30
    Rock Slide
    Faint Attack
    Smack Down
    Bug Bite

    Get Dig for now, and replace Smack Down with it. If you want, you can replace on of those moves with Stealth Rock (though I wouldn't).

    Kroc (Krokorok)
    -Female Lv29
    Retaliate
    Swagger
    Sand Tomb
    Crunch

    Sand Tomb? Naw, Dig is better. As for Retaliate, it's OK, but the PP is a letdown. I'd go with a filler for now.

    Osh (Dewott)
    -Male Lv30
    Revenge
    Fury Cutter
    Water Pulse
    Razor Shell

    Uh, I don't think Water Pulse is necessary, since you have the stronger (and better) Razor Shell. Since all your moves are Physical, I'd put WorkUp on him.

    Quill (Tranquill)
    -Male Lv29
    Roost
    Air Cutter
    Leer
    Quick Attack

    Eh, Tranquill's not that great. If you want to use him, ditch Air Cutter for something else.

    For my sixth member, I'm thinking Joltik (-> Galvantula).
    Oh yes, a Galvantula with both Thunder and Compundeyes would be deadly.
    To be honest, I think maybe you should ditch Tranquill for someone else. Maybe a Litwick or Elgeym or somethin'.

    Now, for Clay, you'll wanna use Oshawott's Razor Shell and/or Revenge. Though, in all likelyhood, he won't be strong enoough. If so, evolve him into Dewott*.
    *Make sure you have an Eviolite on him!

    Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Page 67 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •