The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 55

Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

give garchomp the life orb. take away one dragon move and add swords dance.

i kinda like the gallade. but the are both good.

latios- if you have hp fire, use that over draco meteor. and let it hold soul dew. thunderbolt over recover, and maybe grass knot over surf.
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

Blog Entries

Garchomp does not have the time to set up in the Battle Tower and I have no intention of changing its set. Latios does not have HP Fire, and I'm not too keen on using it anyways because I want to speed tie with Gengar, Froslass, and other Latis. Draco Meteor is my main finisher anyways. Also, Soul Dew is banned in the Tower. However, I think I probably will lead with Gallade and replace Recover with Thunderbolt on Latios. Not so sure about GK over Surf.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

From what I can see, this team looks awfully Weavile-weak. Luke suffers from Brick Break, Latios dies to Night Slash, and Garchomp takes an awfully big wound from Ice Shard (if it doesn't die, of course). I'm not saying the weasel could sweep by itself, but it sure could rip big holes in your team, and that alone can be a big problem.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    latios- if you have hp fire, use that over draco meteor. and let it hold soul dew. thunderbolt over recover, and maybe grass knot over surf.
    My thoughts exactly.

If you're willing to sacrifice a bit of accuracy, i say use Thunder over Thunderbolt. Recover is wasted on Latios. You said you wanted "maximum amount of damage output", so in that case Latios needs to have a strong special sweeper set (not to mention a Soul Dew). Latios is pretty fragile and without the extra power of Soul Dew i don't think he's worth the risk. Now if you want support for him consider a BP Umbreon. BP Umbreon is useful for more than just wish, you know.

But since you said Soul Dew is banned i suggest ditching Latios all together. Maybe consider building your team with better synergy? Latios is too fragile to really benefit from Baton Passed anything. Just my thoughts on it.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

^ While Latios doesn't win any defensive awards, base 110 Speed and 130 Sp. Attack is nothing to sneeze at, especially with the options it has.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

i did not know that soul dew does nothing in the tower. ive taken it in so many times.

are the enemy pokes ev trained? cause if they are not hp fire will be good. gk will ohko swampert which surf wont do. and still takes out rhyperior, and other grass/ground types.

i have used swords dance on my garchomp in the tower. you can bring him on on any non ice/dragon move. you could put crunch on instead of one of the dragon moves. shadow sneak is your only other way to hit psychics.

sharking--- in response to weaville, make lucario modest with vacuum wave. also have aura sphere, shadow ball and dragon pulse.
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    ^ While Latios doesn't win any defensive awards, base 110 Speed and 130 Sp. Attack is nothing to sneeze at, especially with the options it has.
    I know he's impressive but the team itself is too fragile. It also lacks synergy. The team would be much more successful if it was built on a foundation, so to speak. In this case there should be a lead (or Anti-lead), an all out attacker/Sp.Attacker, and a more defensively oriented Pokemon. Or you could build a team around a central Pokemon, where the other two others support it. You just can't have this kind of monotonicity in a team. Well, you can. But variety never hurt, right? :p

In the long run i think the weakness within this team will cause serious problems.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Blog Entries

@ F-22

Have you thought about using a lead Metagross with a moveset of Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Bullet Punch/Explosion? I think that would help you deal with Weavile and improve your team's overall synergy. Explosion could also be beneficial if you can successfully use it to blow a hole in your opponent's defensive core.

Blog Entries

I was so intent on starting with a Fighter that I completely forgot about Metagross. Explosion is also one of my favorite moves so I think it's a good idea. I have trained but unmovesetted one that could do the trick.

As much as Latios is fragile, there really isn't anything better as far as Draco Meteor abuse goes. I want to emphasize offense and hit as hard as possible so it's one of the best candidates out there. Any suggestions for replacements?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Question Gigailith or Krookodile?

I need to decide on eather Gigailith (rock) or Krookodile (ground/dark) for my team, so far my team is
    >Emboar (fire/fighting)
    >Cofagrigus (ghost)
    >Reuniclus (psychic)
    >Eelektross (electric)
    >Hyrdeigon (dragon/dark)

I need one more and I need to make up my mind so i can create a stragity, so that is why im coming to the public of Bulbagarden. Soi want to hear your opinions. Or do should I chose another pokemon insted of the 2 choices I already have...

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yo, I'm in the Battle Tower in Doubles and this is my team:

*Firstly, this team has no entry hazards. Why? There are a lot less phazing and switching options in Doubles, and plus after the initial two opposing Pokemon there are only two more. Setting up Stealth Rocks would be a wasted turn where my attacking momemtum would be screwed.

No.1 Gengar - A different sort of Gengar to the usual, who actually does surprisingly well. His moves are:
    -Will'o'Wisp
    -Substitute
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball

Shadow Ball is my basic STAB option getting good coverage with Sludge Bomb besides Steel types. I have Sludge Bomb as it often has the extra power I need, something I don't get with Shadow Ball. Will'o'Wisp takes care of most Steel types, shafting there Attack and usually letting me survive if I'm on full health. Substitute couples well with the Sitrus Berry it holds, which lets it have an extra Substitute, something that greatly helps if Will'o'Wisp misses.
    Why didn't I just use a Dusknoir or Spiritomb? I often find I need the extra Speed and Power, and because this team is made to cripple the opponents to let my sweepers get in easy, not to stall and waste PP and time.

No.2 Magnezone - An invaluable partner to Gengar, helping him a lot. Moves:
    -Substitute
    -Thunderbolt
    -Explosion
    -Flash Cannon

Substitute works well with his great resistances and Leftovers, etc, etc. Thunderbolt is standard reliable STAB. Explosion is to leave great chunks in anything that doesn't resist it, and works great with Gengars typing. I would've used HP Fire but I didn't get it, so I stuck with ol' reliable Flash Cannon, and the Sp.Defence drop can be handy if it happens.
    Great Pokemon with great resistances, he is extremely useful and takes care of many of Gengars threats, like Tyranitar and Weaville.

No.3 Electivire - While his STAB option is less than perfect, he is great for picking off weakened Pokemon. Moves
    -Thunder Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Cross Chop

Not much to say here; just the standard Electivire with good coverage and an Expert Belt.

This is where the Problems start as I have three sweepers but I don't know which to choose:

Mixed Salamence with Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw (Outrage is too annoying and unreliable in Doubles), Earthquake and Fire Blast. He is slower than Electivire, letting Electivire move before any Earthquake.

Dragon Dance Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Fire Punch and Crunch. Very reliable except for the fact everyone has a Fighting move or Ground Pokemon in Battle Tower.

Bulky Gyarados with Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake and Stone Edge. Has not been tested much but so far has proven reliable.

So yeah, just give me some comments about it and which sweeper I should pick.

------------------------

I have officially claimed Wailord
    Check out my Reviews on the Bug Type, just go to my blog here

A fair bit of prototyping in here (no EV formations--that should be the very last step of charting anyway--and a few cases where I have no idea what item to hold, partly because I haven't internalized the list. I try to avoid Choice armaments, though.). I'm trying for a minelayer team, although if I can get some status shuffle in there, all the better.

First, the three cores; my Holy Trinity, critters I'll *always* include (even if not with the same moves; the Trinity is the species).

GALVANTULA (special cannon)
    Compound Eyes, Timid
    Thunder
    Bug Buzz
    Energy Ball
    Electro Net (to quickly nick the speed of a predicted switch-in...well, one that isn't ground-based)

JELLICENT (special-attacking tanker)
    Cursed Body, Calm or Bold (I know it should be ONE of the -PAtt personalities, just not which defense side to boost...)
    Hex
    Scald
    Two of: Recover, Acid Armor, Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Confuse Ray (Recover, Acid Armor, and Confuse Ray help with the durability, but don't do anything for Hex. The other two do, but Will-o-Wisp might overlap overmuch with Scald--use Surf instead?--and Toxic might be rendered redundant by Drapion's Toxic Spikes)

DRAPION (poison minelayer)
    Sniper, Adamant
    Equip: Scope Lens
    Toxic Spikes/Cross Poison (almost certainly the former, but...)
    Whirlwind
    Night Slash
    Fire Fang/Ice Fang (Fire Fang to surprise the steel-based, or Ice Fang to thwart STAB ground...?)

Layer 2: I'm not completely settled on these, but they look good for a minelayer theme. (Even if Stealth Rock's nowhere to be seen...Well, maybe on Skarmory. Has it been settled whether Stealth Rock is over-centralizing?)

SKARMORY (basic minelayer)
    Sturdy, Impish
    Spikes/Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind
    Steel Wing
    Brave Bird

FLYGON (physical cannon)
    Levitate
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail (Probably the latter for forcing the enemy into the minefield)
    Rock Slide/Fire Punch
    Hone Claws (I can't remember if Flygon can get Dragon Dance, but Hone Claws can do nothing but help make Dragon Tail more dependable)

My main concern right now is settling on the sixth slot. Much as I'd love to get Cradily (former member of the Holy Trinity, before Galvantula and Jellicent shoved it and Lanturn out) in here, I'm worried it would overlap in purpose too much with Jellicent, and we're not talking a sandstorm team here. I'm eyeing Chimecho (status repairs), Porygon2 (mixed or secondary special cannon), and Mr. Mime (pass bonuses from Barrier and Charge Beam) for the most part.

(It'd probably also help if I could be certain whether the Holy Trinity is specifically OU or UU. That is, if there's a potential place for both Galvantula and Drapion in OU, and/or if there's a way for Jellicent to fit in UU without causing undue frustration.)

Blog Entries

So, planned white team. Right now I have

Jalorda--F
    -Leaf Storm
    -Leaf Blade (for conserving PP)
    -Attract
    -Light Screen/Reflect (Actually really helpful in-game for gym battles, worked well on Togekiss in HG).

My favorite starter overall. His speed with his strong Grass type moves make him a killer.

Sazandora
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hyper Voice
    -FIre Blast

This guy is also a killer. Only instead of being a snake, he tends to go for the fire breathing dragon approach.
    So, here comes the Issuhs, Wait, what? No, issues!

I want a fire type to make my team well rounded. I'm considering
    Darmitran
    Ulgamoth
    Shandera
    for the role of fire type, but I'm undecided. I'm kind of leaning towards Ulgamoth, but again, anything can change.

As for the other issue :), fossil types. I'm definitely having Archeos or Abagoura in my team. I'm not sure which one, though I"m kind of leaning towards Abagoura because of Shell Smash. What do you guys think?
    Oh, and by the way, I prefer to have four pokemon simply because that way they are all solidly trained and you can carry two HM Slaves, but if you have a uggestion fr something more let me know .

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Follow Haxie-kun on Tumblr

Here's my random stuff team.

Vaporeon.
    Nature: Quiet.
    Ev's: Hp/224. SpAtk/200. Def/50.
    Moves: protect, surf, toxic, aqua ring.
    Ability: water absorb.
    Item: leftovers

Rotom.
    Nature: Timid.
    Ev's: SpcAtk/240. Spd/230. Hp/40.
    Moves: discharge, shadow ball, trick, substitute.
    Ability: levitate.
    Item: choice Specs.

Dusknoir.
    Nature: Brave.
    Ev's: Atk/240. SpDef/120. Def/120. Hp/20.
    Moves: fire punch, thunder punch, shadow sneak, pain split.
    Ability: pressure.
    Item: expert belt.

Lucario.
    Nature: timid.
    Ev's: Spd/240. SpcAtk/240. Hp/40.
    Moves: psychic, aura sphere, close combat, dragon pulse.
    Ability: inner focus.
    Item: choice scarf.

Scizor.
    Nature: adamant.
    Ev's: AtK/ 240. Def/140. SpDef/ 140. Sped/ 40.
    Moves: swords dance, X-scissor, bullet punch, u-turn.
    Ability: technician.
    Item: occa berry.

I am Sorry but I've forgot alot of the EVs. How's my team look?

<(:)(:)(:)(:) <Weedle! The Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is my Emerald team. I'm at Fortree City, I hate being overleveled!

Blaziken/KFC
    Lv37. Bashful Nature
    HP - 119, ATK - 106, DEF - 61, SP.A - 94, SP.D - 67, SPE - 75
    Double Kick, Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick, Flamethrower

SHINY Crobat/Shineh
    Lv38. Naughty Nature
    HP - 122, ATK - 93, DEF - 73, SP.A - 61, SP.D - 65, SPE - 119
    Fly, Bite, Aerial Ace, Double Team

Sableye/Deyemond
    Lv36 Tmid Nature (ATK is still suprisingly decent)
    HP - 88, ATK - 57, DEF - 70, SP.A - 56, SP.D - 52, SPE - 60
    Shock Wave, Toxic, Fake Out, Faint Attack

Castform/Sean Batty (Sean Batty is a Scottish weatherman)
    Lv 26, I'm still training it.
    I don't know his stats, she's in the PC and I'm too lazy!
    Double Team, Rain Dance, Hail, Ice Beam
    These are some of my sprites you can request some at me and Mr. Slowpoke's sprite shop.

NEW BLOG