The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 50
Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I was pointed this way, yet again, I'm looking to build an in-game team in Diamond, would this be the appropriate place to get some advice on that?

Blog Entries

Here. Do you have a starting point at all? Do you have any idea what you want to use?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Age of Kings View Post
    Here. Do you have a starting point at all? Do you have any idea what you want to use?
    Yes in a sense, I want a strong in game team, but I want to use pokemon I haven't used already in my final games in previous games. I'll list them for reference only:

Pearl: Infernape, Luxray, Mismagius, Gastrodon, Abomasnow, and Vespiquen.

Platinum: Torterra, Houndoom, Floatzel, Staraptor, Rotom, Gliscor

Since I've used Infernape and Torterra, Naturally my starter will be Empoleon. Here is a list I set up of pokemon I'd love to use which are available (mostly) in Diamond (I just can't get a good team set up from it):

Skorupi, Carnivine, Stunky, Murkrow, Chansey, Steelix, Lucario, Gible, Bronzor, Beautifly, Ponyta, Lopunny, Glaceon

any others you could suggest I'll consider easily. I just want something different. Sorry this was such a long reply.

Blog Entries

Well remembering my run with Piplup in Platinum, Grass types can prove to be a challenge early in the game so anything that could help with that is a good thing. Empoleon is also weak to Fighting so I think if you're looking for type synergy Beautifly is the best choice out of all of those. Skorupi, Murkrow, Ponyta, and Bronzor are also good choices.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Well remembering my run with Piplup in Platinum, Grass types can prove to be a challenge early in the game so anything that could help with that is a good thing. Empoleon is also weak to Fighting so I think if you're looking for type synergy Beautifly is the best choice out of all of those. Skorupi, Murkrow, Ponyta, and Bronzor are also good choices.
    I hate to sound stupid but "synergy"? I'm not familar with the term.

Is there a reason you didn't choose any of the others? I am curious to hear your reason for weeding them out.

Blog Entries

Synergy basically means your team works well together

As I said, just to avoid redundant type coverage and help Empoleon.....it's really up to you, you can use whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Class View Post
    Btw, Captain Kipper, why are you running a Modest Monferno with all physical attacks? That doesn't make any sense AT ALL! The best Nature for Monferno/Infernape is Naive/Hasty for a mix ape. Jolly if you want to use a physical Ape. Timid if you want to run a special ape.
    Oops, my bad. I copied and pasted the HeartGold info above the Platinum ino and just changed it where necessary; must've missed channging Quilava's nature. My Monferno is Adamant. Sorry about that. :)
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar

I typed all of that for nothing D=

I would still run Naive/Hasty because Speed is the best stat for the Chimchar line. While I definitely want the speed boost, I don't want to lower any of their attacking stats. An even 104 for both stats is amazing imo when running 108 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Class View Post
    I typed all of that for nothing D=

I would still run Naive/Hasty because Speed is the best stat for the Chimchar line. While I definitely want the speed boost, I don't want to lower any of their attacking stats. An even 104 for both stats is amazing imo when running 108 speed.
    I have an egg that will hatch into a Jolly Chimchar with Fire Punch and Thunderpunch in the box; would you suggest going for that in place of the Adamant one?
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

If you want to run a purely physical Infernape, Jolly is fine :)

Fire Punch will hold you until you learn flare blitz. Infernape is one of those very versatile Pokemon who can do all kinds of things. Even an adamant nature isn't bad for Infernape. I just wouldn't do anything that increased his defensive stats or lowered his speed. You probably have shadow claw for Psychic types (maybe ghosts too), but I like U-Turn. My preference for U-turn stems from the fact that if an opposing Psychic type survives shadow claw...you are fucked. With U-turn you do super effective damage while escaping the threat. Infernape is not surviving STAB psycho cuts/psychics/extrasensory unless the opponent is Bronzong.
    Last edited by SinCosTan; 16th November 2010 at 12:00 PM.

I hate to double post but it's been three days. I'm going to post my team that beat the E4 (rematch) for the hell of it.

Roserade
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Mild

Energy Ball
    Toxic Spikes
    Sludge Bomb
    Shadow Ball

Infernape
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Blaze

Fire Blast
    Stone Edge
    Grass Knot
    Close Combat

Jolteon
    Modest Nature

Thunder Bolt
    Signal Beam
    T-Wave
    Quick attack

Gengar
    Adamant Nature (talk about being fucked over)

Shadow Ball
    Thunder Bolt
    Focus Blast
    Destiny Bond

Staraptor
    Adamant Nature

Close Combat
    Fly
    U-Turn
    Brave Bird

Garchomp
    Naive Nature

Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance
    Outrage

My Jolteon has a shitty set because of his barren movepool. Roserade has shadow ball to deal with Psychics.

My movesets were cluttered with HM's before I completed the post game.
    When you find yourself in hell, dance with the devil.

Blog Entries

You're not double posting. I deleted two posts above yours.

What's wrong with that team? It seems fine enough to beat the E4.

Blog Entries

In an in-game team, which should I use? Jolteon or Electivire?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Whichever you prefer, though Jolteon might be easier to manage since you get Eevee earlier than Electabuzz and Vire requires trading to get...

Blog Entries

Whichever you prefer, though Jolteon might be easier to manage since you get Eevee earlier than Electabuzz and Vire requires trading to get...
    That would be true, except I have Platinum and, well, here's the full idea.
    See, I'm planning to get either Jolteon or Vire for the in-game team, however, I will EV both then level them up in game. Thus, 'll have members of my competitive team ready.
    Knowing this, and the fact that I'll have movesets ready, which would you suggest?
    Keep in mind, both have good natures and moves.
    I have a team with Electivire in which I almost never lose with, and a team with Jolteon with about the same success rate.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast