The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 49

Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Endgamevillain View Post
    I need to know what i should add or subtract from my future team. I will have a Gengar, sudowoodo, flareon, azumarill and togetic. i need to know what i should add for my final slot any help is appreciated.
    Can I kindly know what game you're playing? THat way I know your options. I'll just rattle off some info though.
    Gengar is awesome. Give it something like Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, and something else and it'll do fine.

Sudowoodo=No. It's just not as good as Steelix, and you can get Onix from an in-game trade.

Flareon: The worst Eeveelution. Replace it with something else, since Flareon has awesome attack with no good attacking moves.

Azumarill: Meh, not my favoirte but that's personal. It's a good poke.

Togetic is awesome, and when it evolves to Togekiss it's insane.
    Final slot...hmm, I think you should get a physical attacker. Again, I don't knwo your options without knowing your game, so if you post that I can give you more precise options.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Battler View Post
    Can I kindly know what game you're playing? THat way I know your options. I'll just rattle off some info though.
    Gengar is awesome. Give it something like Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, and something else and it'll do fine.

Sudowoodo=No. It's just not as good as Steelix, and you can get Onix from an in-game trade.

Flareon: The worst Eeveelution. Replace it with something else, since Flareon has awesome attack with no good attacking moves.

Azumarill: Meh, not my favoirte but that's personal. It's a good poke.

Togetic is awesome, and when it evolves to Togekiss it's insane.
    Final slot...hmm, I think you should get a physical attacker. Again, I don't knwo your options without knowing your game, so if you post that I can give you more precise options.
    I am currently playing Heart Gold, again thank you for your input on improving my team.

Registered User VanillaThunderbolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endgamevillain View Post
    I need to know what i should add or subtract from my future team. I will have a Gengar, sudowoodo, flareon, azumarill and togetic. i need to know what i should add for my final slot any help is appreciated.
    Gengar is just one of those Pokes that makes every playthrough worth playing through. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball make it an awesome Special threat, which in HG/SS is really all you need.

Sudowoodo does get a few tricks that make it unique, especially its pure Rock Typing. It also has surprisingly decent coverage, getting Wood Hammer, Hammer Arm, Sucker Punch, Rock Slide, and Double-Edge all before Level 50. Depending on the ability, Double-Edge and Wood Hammer could be invaluable.

Flareon can't do anything notably awesome until after the League, and even then it doesn't do too much. I personally find Ninetales and Arcanine to be great Fire Type choices.

Azumarill isn't cool if it doesn't have Huge Power. If it does, keep it forever, because it can do some awesome sweeps.

Togetic is pretty bad in my opinion. With no access to a Shiny Stone to evolve it, I'd skip it. Any Flying Type would be better pretty much.

Final Slot needs to go to someone who will cover whatever Types wall you the hardest right now. That all depends on any other changes you make to the team though. You may not even NEED anything in that last slot. In any case, I like Lanturn as an addition, as it provides another Water Type to the team so Azumarill doesn't have to be all Water offensively, and also gives STAB Electric attacks, as well as learning Ice Beam via TM.

Shiny Pokemon Collecter Shiny Bronzong's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Rate my Pokemon Soul Silver Team

Please rate my Soul Silver Pokemon team and give suggestions on Pokemon and movesets.

Espeon
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Attract
    Morning Sun

Amphoras
    Thunder Bolt
    Signal Beam
    Power Gem
    Fire Punch

Heracross
    Close Combat
    Megahorn
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace

Arbok
    Sludge Bomb
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Ice Fang

Victreebell
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    Toxic
    Leaf Blade

Feraligator
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Aqua Tail
    Superpower
    Last edited by Shiny Bronzong; 13th November 2010 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Rate my Pokemon Soul Silver Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Bronzong View Post
    Please rate my Soul Silver Pokemon team and give suggestions on Pokemon and movesets.

Espeon
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Attract
    Morning Sun

Amphoras
    Thunder Bolt
    Signal Beam
    Power Gem
    Fire Punch

Heracross
    Close Combat
    Megahorn
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace

Arbok
    Sludge Bomb
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Ice Fang

Victreebell
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    Toxic
    Leaf Blade

Feraligator
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Aqua Tail
    Superpower
    You're team seems to be pretty well balence espcially since you don't use all OU's and include some UU(i swear people underestimate them). I see only one major flaw, and that is that your team is a pure sweeper team. I myself use a lot of attack moves but you should consider throwing in some status inflictors or maybe some status curers. I myself am not sure what pokemon to use if you could give me some advice in return it would be much appreciated. I am considering using the following: Ariados,Gengar,Sudowoodo,Corsola,Flareon,Gligar,Azumarill,Bellosom,Yanmega,Togetic, Slowking,Ampharos,Crobat. I am taking suggestions because i am entering a friendly tournament in a week.
    Last edited by Endgamevillain; 13th November 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Blog Entries

For you, Endgamevillian, for the pokemon for the tournament, I would suggest using Gengar, Flareon, Slowking, Ampharos, Crobat and Bellosom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Bronzong View Post
    For you, Endgamevillian, for the pokemon for the tournament, I would suggest using Gengar, Flareon, Slowking, Ampharos, Crobat and Bellosom.
    I must object to Flareon. He has great stats but possibly the worst selection in the game. Special attacks with a great attack is wasted. Use something like Arcanine.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

I disagree that Flareon has great stats. Flareon has great offenses and special defense, but that's about it. It's slow and fragile on the physically defensive side and whatever it does something else does better. Slow and fragile are bad double whammy to have, so I wouldn't blame the movepool alone.

The rest of your post I agree with though, in most cases Arcanine is better

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    I disagree that Flareon has great stats. Flareon has great offenses and special defense, but that's about it. It's slow and fragile on the physically defensive side and whatever it does something else does better. Slow and fragile are bad double whammy to have, so I wouldn't blame the movepool alone.

The rest of your post I agree with though, in most cases Arcanine is better
    Well, yeah. You're right there. let me rephrase myself. It has decent but utterly useless stats, since it's movepool doesn't have good synergy with those stats.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I've recently restarted both Platinum and HeartGold and decided to go for ridiculously similar teams, as well as trying to keep both teams relatively close together in terms of level. All Pokémon were specially bred and traded over to their respective games in eggs, then traded back for tutoring of specific moves if it was required. I didn't pay any attention to their IVs, purely for the sake of moving the whole thing along.

This whole thing was just a bit of fun and it's not some serious experiment.

I've been watching a lot of the anime recently, and couldn't resist using Pikachu on both teams. :P

HeartGold

Platinum

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunderbolt View Post
    Azumarill isn't cool if it doesn't have Huge Power. If it does, keep it forever, because it can do some awesome sweeps.
    Here, here! I absolutely adore my Huge Power Azumarill. Got to be one of the best Water-types I've ever had.
    Last edited by Frenzy Plant; 16th November 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

This is my planned pokemon fire red team.

Venasaur
    Giga Drain
    Razor Leaf
    Sludge Bomb
    Earthquake

Vaporeon
    Surf
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball

Arcanine
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Bite
    Extreemspeed

Hitmonchan
    Sky Uppercut
    Ice Punch
    Fire Punch
    Thunder Punch

Electabuzz
    Thunderbolt
    Brick Break
    Iron Tail
    Strength

Rhydon
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Megahorn
    Toxic

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

...Nevermind on my team. I know how I want it now for the Platinum E4.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

I followed some of the advice but got whomped on so here is my revised team.
    Gengar
    Crobat
    Gliscor
    Lanturn
    Tangrowth
    Porygon-Z

Any feedback is appreicated.

Blog Entries

Your team looks good. Some good combos with your pokemon could be:
    Gengar
    Moves
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

Tangrowth
    Moves
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Ability
    Clorophil

God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar

I didn't know Pikachu could get signal beam. Btw, Captain Kipper, why are you running a Modest Monferno with all physical attacks? That doesn't make any sense AT ALL! The best Nature for Monferno/Infernape is Naive/Hasty for a mix ape. Jolly if you want to use a physical Ape. Timid if you want to run a special ape.

Since you have a modest Monferno, your grass knot TM should have definitely went on him. Grass knot hits heavy enemies like Golem and Rhyperior for a lot of damage, while targeting their weak special defense. Close Combat works too, but at the same time they have better physical defense. There is a chance they may survive due to your EV spreads being all kinds of fucked up and the possibility of your Infernape having low IV's.

If I had to use a Modest Monferno in game I'd have:

Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Grass Knot
    Close Combat
    Nasty Plot/Filler

The problem with Nasty Plot is you have to keep Chimchar unevolved until level 25 to acquire it. You miss out on Mach Punch if you do that, although you always have Brick Break.

While you have a -Attack nature, Close Combat still rips anything weak to fighting wide open. Keep in mind there are five types weak to fighting. That ties with ground for the most advantages. Defensive drops don't matter when motherfuckers are dying left and right. I had a timid Infernape and close combat still works just fine. I'm one of the few fools who prefers Fire Blast, because if the 80% accuracy from stone edge is acceptable, then FB is fine too.
    Last edited by SinCosTan; 14th November 2010 at 10:36 PM.

Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast