The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 45

Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora View Post
    Yeah, then give Noctowl a shot.
    edit: Hustle decreases all accuracies, even support moves.

I would still rate Heracross as the better of the three in-game. It has static base 125 Attack, good defenses, and Horn Attack/Aerial Ace/Brick Break to destroy most of the beginning-mid game. No "harsh" evolution method is required as well. Machop has to rely on TMs to get some serious coverage going on, as it only learns Fighting-type attacks. Being slow is also not fun, but at least it has some bulk. Tyrogue... I don't think I'd even bother using it. You have to be really careful if you want it to evolve into whichever Hitmon you want it to evolve, which is a bit time-consuming. So overall, get Heracross, but if you just plain hate Headbutting trees, then you only really have Machop to use.

Got it. Heracross. Thanks!

Houndoom/Arcanine? I don't remember where Houndours appear (are they are the Safari Zone)? I would prefer getting the earlier Growlithe though Houndour would probably be better because of its Dark typing. Both are great Pokemon to use though so up to you!
    Houndoom is Special Attacker and Arcanine is physical, but you're right, it only comes in Safari ZOne. I'll stick with the Canine.

For Amphy/Jolt, again, both are cool choices, but Amphy is more advantageous. Amphy, though slow, at least has Thunder Wave to make up for its low Speed, which lets its bulk and higher SpA kick in better. It also gets Signal Beam, which helps a lot against the Grass-types that Jolteon will have problems against. Jolteon is definitely a classic speedy Electric-type, but without TMs and a good Hidden Power typing, it's going on a loss because it also only learns physical moves off base 65 Attack until level 71, Thunder. I would pick Amphy.
    That is a good point. HOwever, one thing to keep in mind--I have a Timid Eevee, and i can trade with Platinum, meaning I can get it's moveset down w/out a problem. Even with that known, do you still want Jolteon?
    One option is for me to EV train Jolteon on Platinu, then trade it to HG and level it up as i got through. Just something to mention.
    What do you think?

Also, is Noctowl really anything to compare to even a Hustle Togekiss? I mean compare their stats:
    Noctowl
    Togekiss
    ADvice greatly appreciated, all that left is to decide between Noctowl (Hypnosis, Light Screen, Psychic, Air Slash) or TOgekiss (HUSTLE :( AIr Slash, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball).

EDIT: Oh, and Crobat isn't a bad option either. I can catch a Stantler, breed it with a Zubat, then get a Zubat with Hypnosis. I can then train it up till I get something along the lines of :Toxic/Hypnosis, Air Slash, Sludge Bomb, Confuse Ray. There is no end to how annoying this set can be. Roost is a possibility, but it negates the Flying typing. By the way, which would you think is better, Toxic or Hypnosis? I like Toxic personally but that's just me. Reason being, Hypnosis has terrible accuracy and is pointless with Confuse Ray.
    This way, it's look something like this.
    Crobat@Leftovers
    -Air Slash
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Toxic
    -Confuse Ray
    Last edited by Thundagere; 19th October 2010 at 11:54 PM.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Prime View Post
    That is a good point. HOwever, one thing to keep in mind--I have a Timid Eevee, and i can trade with Platinum, meaning I can get it's moveset down w/out a problem. Even with that known, do you still want Jolteon?
    One option is for me to EV train Jolteon on Platinu, then trade it to HG and level it up as i got through. Just something to mention.
    What do you think?

Also, is Noctowl really anything to compare to even a Hustle Togekiss? I mean compare their stats:
    Noctowl
    Togekiss
    ADvice greatly appreciated, all that left is to decide between Noctowl (Hypnosis, Light Screen, Psychic, Air Slash) or TOgekiss (HUSTLE :( AIr Slash, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball).

EDIT: Oh, and Crobat isn't a bad option either. I can catch a Stantler, breed it with a Zubat, then get a Zubat with Hypnosis. I can then train it up till I get something along the lines of :Toxic/Hypnosis, Air Slash, Sludge Bomb, Confuse Ray. There is no end to how annoying this set can be. Roost is a possibility, but it negates the Flying typing. By the way, which would you think is better, Toxic or Hypnosis? I like Toxic personally but that's just me.
    Hmm, if you can do that with Jolteon, then it would definitely be a better choice than Ampharos. Platinum can tutor Signal Beam on Jolteon. You should do that. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt can also help out.

Yeah, Togekiss indeed has way better stats that Noctowl, but it's really Hustle that kills it with inconsistency. However, the Crobat mention you brought up is certainly viable (I infact used Crobat through all my walkthroughs except in B/W lol). Yes, definitely go with Crobat then! Having good enough Attack to use Wing Attack/Fly is great. As for Hypnosis vs Toxic, I would pick Hypnosis to sleep dangerous foes that Crobat cannot touch (which will be plenty, such as all Rock- and Steel-types, as well as Electric-types). This also allows you to easier catch Pokemon, contrary to Toxic which hinders this concept. Toxic does have its merits in weakening foes, but when you get to the Elite Four, Full Restore spam will negate Toxic a couple of times in which I would rather Hypnosis and switch to another Pokemon for the kill.

Blog Entries

Hmm, if you can do that with Jolteon, then it would definitely be a better choice than Ampharos. Platinum can tutor Signal Beam on Jolteon. You should do that. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt can also help out.

Yeah, Togekiss indeed has way better stats that Noctowl, but it's really Hustle that kills it with inconsistency. However, the Crobat mention you brought up is certainly viable (I infact used Crobat through all my walkthroughs except in B/W lol). Yes, definitely go with Crobat then! Having good enough Attack to use Wing Attack/Fly is great. As for Hypnosis vs Toxic, I would pick Hypnosis to sleep dangerous foes that Crobat cannot touch (which will be plenty, such as all Rock- and Steel-types, as well as Electric-types). This also allows you to easier catch Pokemon, contrary to Toxic which hinders this concept. Toxic does have its merits in weakening foes, but when you get to the Elite Four, Full Restore spam will negate Toxic a couple of times in which I would rather Hypnosis and switch to another Pokemon for the kill.
    Thanks!
    Then I now have
    Feraligatr
    Crobat (I think I'll just shove Togepi in the daycare for the time being...you can never have too many Togepi eggs!).
    Heracross
    Jolteon
    Arcanine

The last slot is subject to change. There'll often be an HM Slave there, and I also might trade in a Snorlax or a Garchomp or a Flygon. Or maybe I should just go with something else....I dunno. ANyhow thanks! Do you have suggestions for the last slot (my minds gone blank :))

Made by Blue Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Prime View Post
    Thanks!
    Then I now have
    Feraligatr
    Crobat (I think I'll just shove Togepi in the daycare for the time being...you can never have too many Togepi eggs!).
    Heracross
    Jolteon
    Arcanine

The last slot is subject to change. There'll often be an HM Slave there, and I also might trade in a Snorlax or a Garchomp or a Flygon. Or maybe I should just go with something else....I dunno. ANyhow thanks! Do you have suggestions for the last slot (my minds gone blank :))
    I prefer to leave the last slot blank so you have a HM slave around you at all times. I just hate going back to the PC just to grab an HM slave and go through a dungeon without one of the guys you want to train.

Blog Entries

I prefer to leave the last slot blank so you have a HM slave around you at all times. I just hate going back to the PC just to grab an HM slave and go through a dungeon without one of the guys you want to train.
    Good point. I think I'll probably trade over a Bibarel. Thanks for all your help! Seriously, you were awesome!
    EDIT: i just realized I might as well use Mew for an HM Slave. Also, should I catch a Dratini at the Blue Lake, or should i wait, then catch a Larvitar?
    Last edited by Thundagere; 20th October 2010 at 10:29 PM.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

These are more Emerald Battle Frontier Pokemon that I would like to get. Note that i'm a person who really likes to have moves with the same type or similer.

Eevee Lv.50 (In training)
    Quick Attack
    Double Edge (need)
    Protect
    Helping Hand

Shiftry Lv.50 (In Training as Nuzleaf)
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Solar Beam
    Extrasensory (Need)

Metagross Lv.50 (in training as Metang)
    Meteor Mash
    Psychic
    Metal Claw
    ??? (any move)

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

I suggest evolving Eevee.

Without Sunny Day Shrifty should never use Solar Beam. Maybe Brick Break instead.

Give Metagross Earthquake over Metal Claw. Also give it Shadow Ball.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Blog Entries

Just noticed this..
    You know, I noticed a team just like this a while back, and I think you should replace Latias with Spiritomb. Trick to cripple them, then Grudge to get rid of PP. Have Scizor with Roost, Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Subtitute. This way, while they Struggle, you get to +6 boost, Roost to max health, then Sub, and Bullet Punch away. It's a very nasty but powerful strategy, since the opponent doesn't switch in Battle Tower.

Made by Blue Dragon!

This is for the battle frontier.

Metagross (lead)
    Adamant
    Lum Berry
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Bullet Punch

Heatran
    Modest
    Leftovers
    248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 SpD
    Dig (Hoping to replace with Rest)
    Protect (hoping to replace with sleep talk)
    Lava Plume
    Earth Power

Can swith in on fire attacks aimed at Metagross and Dragon attacks aimed at Kingdra.

Kingdra
    Impish
    (not sure of which item)
    252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
    Rest
    Sleep talk
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage

Any suggestions? Theres a lot of Ground and Fighting weaknesses... so yeah.

Blog Entries

i'd suggest a chesto berry for Kingdra... It allows you to effectively full restore once, and pretty much gives him a second chance in case you need it. Your Metagross appears to be missing a move, though... And i, myself, hesitate to put more than one of any type into a team, to protect me from being able to be put in a tight spot. I might suggest a Tyranitar with the following moveset to replace Heatran or Metagross.

Tyranitar
    -Aerial Ace (combats fighting types)
    -Avalanche (combats ground and dragon types, and since Tytar statistically has better physical {in my experience})
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch

I do realize that Sand Stream might prove to be an issue, and that Tyranitar doesn't help your Ground/Fighting weakness, but this general moveset (or parallels for it) should prove useful

Thanks. I forgot to mention Metagross had Hammer Arm. Oops.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I would suggest using a Gallade on your team. this would pritty much cover your fighting weakness and possibly the ground if fighting moves are super affective.
    I would say something like this:
    Gallade Lv.100 or 50
    white herb
    Close Combat
    Psyco Cut
    Protect
    Brick Break

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

rko

K all i hav to do in my game is beat red here is my in-game team
    Brongzong Lvl 36
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Charge beam
    Psychic

Mew Lvl 43
    Fly
    surf
    whirlpool
    waterfall

Venasaur lvl 42
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Strentgh
    Rockclimb

Gyarados lvl 54
    Dragon Dance
    Thunder
    Ice Fang
    Water pulse

Lucario lvl 64
    ExtremeSpeed
    Aura sphere
    Earthquake
    Dragon Pulse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rko View Post
    K all i hav to do in my game is beat red here is my in-game team
    Brongzong Lvl 36
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Charge beam
    Psychic

Mew Lvl 43
    Fly
    surf
    whirlpool
    waterfall

Venasaur lvl 42
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Strentgh
    Rockclimb

Gyarados lvl 54
    Dragon Dance
    Thunder
    Ice Fang
    Water pulse

Lucario lvl 64
    ExtremeSpeed
    Aura sphere
    Earthquake
    Dragon Pulse
    OK, you need to level up your pokemon like CRAZY. I sincerely doubt you'll beat Red's Pikachu with this team.

Gyarados's moveset is terrible. WHy have Dragon Dance with only one physical move? It should be more like:
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    Physical move.

Lucario...I prefer a Physical set, but whatever floats your boat.

Venusaur and Mew are HM Slaves? If so, why such a high level?
    Bronzong is OK.

Listen, you need to level up your pokemon, then change some movesets. I've already talked about Gyara and Lucario, so Venusaur can learn something like Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, and Energy Ball. The thing is, if you're fighting Red you only need one HM Slave. Your pokemon should be at least level 65, and that's pushing it.
    Your current moveset on Mew is as an HM Slave. Keep it that way, but don't train it.
    If this is in-game...actually, Stealth Rock is useful for Red's Charizard. You can lead off with Bronzong and give it a Focus Sash. Set up Rocks, and then explode if you still can. You'll get rid of Red's Pikachu that way.
    You also need one more pokemon. RIght now you have
    Steel/Psychic
    Water/Flying
    Grass/Poison
    Fighting/Steel
    HM Slave
    Thus, I think that you're final pokemon should be a fire type...Arcanine or Houndoom would fit well.
    Hoe I helped!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Default team improvements =P

first ever wi-fi battle, and, after a rather painful and quick defeat, I want you other fellow people to help me improve upon my team and strategies. so:

crobat:
    lvl 100
    item: king's rock
    zen headbutt
    cross poison
    fly
    toxic

empoleon:
    lvl 100
    item: scope lens
    flash cannon
    hydro cannon
    ice beam
    surf

venusaur
    lvl 100
    item: wide lens
    giga drain
    sleep powder
    giga impact
    leech seed

regigigas
    lvl 100
    item: leftovers
    iron head
    rock slide
    dizzy punch
    crush grip

mew
    lvl 100
    item: wise glasses
    psychic
    aura sphere
    metronome
    nasty plot

ho-oh
    lvl 100
    item: earth plate
    earthquake
    sacred fire
    sky attack
    overheat

If you want, please post your opinion and, if any, your hints on improving my team. thanks =)
    Want A free mew? (more or less)
    Place Of Buying (VM offers)

The Pro Tip: Kill ALL audinos that come your way :)

Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast