The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 43

Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

GASP!!! Magnus Prime is making an in-game team?!?!?! Call the international Police!...or something like that.
    Heartgold, started with Totodile

Anyhow, my planned team is

Feraligatr--Adamant
    Crunch
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Swords Dance
    Great water type that can inflict major damage...pretty self explanatory

Togekiss
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash
    Roost
    Psychic
    I got Hustle :(. Still, Air Slash and Aura Sphere can inflict major damage, and Psychic to laugh at Ghost types.

Dusknoir
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Will'o'Wisp
    Shadow Punch

It has amazing defenses, so I figured I'd get a ghost pokemon and a Wall at the same time. I'm not using Shuckle because...well, I fell that Dusknoir's attacking power is better.

Flygon
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Roost

Courtesy of RE-Hiro, I now have a shiny awesome Flygon that I will be using in-game. This thing will rip past pretty much anything.

Now, I'm looking at
    Arcanine
    Thunder Fang
    ExtreemeSpeed
    Flare Blitz
    Toxic

OR
    Houndoom
    Nasty Plot
    Sucker Punch
    Dark Pulse
    Fire Blast

I can trade with my Platinum, so stuff like TMs aren't problems

I'm also looking at Heracross or Pinsir
    Heracross@Flame Orb
    Close Combat
    Megahorn
    Night Slash
    Facade

Pinsir
    Bulk Up
    Earthquake
    X-Scissor
    Stone Edge

What do you guys think?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

As much as I love Pinser, Heracross is a monster. I'd go with him if you want more power. I love Arcanine and haven't really used Houndoom, but in my experience Arcanine can do shit tons of damage. Also give Togekiss Shadow Ball if you really want to flip ghost types the finger.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rakarei View Post
    As much as I love Pinser, Heracross is a monster. I'd go with him if you want more power. I love Arcanine and haven't really used Houndoom, but in my experience Arcanine can do shit tons of damage. Also give Togekiss Shadow Ball if you really want to flip ghost types the finger.
    OK, Pinsir, bye, heracross, hi. Actually, heracross's timely learning of Brick Break is the only reason I took down Whitney's Miltank.
    The only reason I suggested HOundoom was because of Typing and the fact that Houndoom can functin as a Special Sweeper better.
    I'm actually thinking of getting an Espeon, since I got a Timid female Eevee on the first try
    :). What do you think?
    TOgekiss I'll change to Shadow Ball no problem. i just have to get this stinking Togepi to GET HAPPY ALREADY!!! lol.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Prime View Post
    OK, Pinsir, bye, heracross, hi. Actually, heracross's timely learning of Brick Break is the only reason I took down Whitney's Miltank.
    The only reason I suggested HOundoom was because of Typing and the fact that Houndoom can functin as a Special Sweeper better.
    I'm actually thinking of getting an Espeon, since I got a Timid female Eevee on the first try
    :). What do you think?
    TOgekiss I'll change to Shadow Ball no problem. i just have to get this stinking Togepi to GET HAPPY ALREADY!!! lol.
    I love Espeon. Colosseum made me love Espeon and Umbreon so much. Who are you taking out for this Espeon?
    Secret butt fun!

Blog Entries

I love Espeon. Colosseum made me love Espeon and Umbreon so much. Who are you taking out for this Espeon?
    That's what I was asking you...lol :)
    I was thinking of just forgetting Arcanine and Houndoom for Espeon, but Arcanine seems to good of an oppurtunity to miss, and I can't take out anything else.
    As it is, I'm pushing it without an Hm Slave, I'll have to knock off something for that.
    Or maybe I can just switch POkemo as time goes by...

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Personally I'd say ditch Dusknoir. I don't really like defensive strategies ingame.
    Secret butt fun!

Blog Entries

Personally I'd say ditch Dusknoir. I don't really like defensive strategies ingame.
    I guess that'd work...but then I still need to slap on HMs.
    I already have Waterfall on Feraligatr, cause it's a good move...
    what else would you suggest?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Prime View Post
    I guess that'd work...but then I still need to slap on HMs.
    I already have Waterfall on Feraligatr, cause it's a good move...
    what else would you suggest?
    Flygon can fly if you want to give up one of it's move slots. Togekiss can also, but Fly is a physical move. Strength can be learned by pretty much any pokemon with a repectable attack, so you won't have trouble fitting that one on, give it to Arcainine or Feraligatr or something. For the others Bibarel makes a nice HM whore.
    Secret butt fun!

Blog Entries

Flygon can fly if you want to give up one of it's move slots. Togekiss can also, but Fly is a physical move. Strength can be learned by pretty much any pokemon with a repectable attack, so you won't have trouble fitting that one on, give it to Arcainine or Feraligatr or something. For the others Bibarel makes a nice HM whore.
    Well, I guess I can spare a moveset on Flygon. Definitely not Togekiss. Strength I'll give to Arcanine, and Bibarel can take Surf, Rock Smash, Cut, and Whirlpool.
    Thanks!

Made by Blue Dragon!

When it comes to hms, I make my whole team without them except Surf and Waterfall, and that depends on the water type I'm using. I use an hm slave, but it's usually in the PC except for when I know I will need it. Then I put it back in when I'm not using it.

Also, it's for your best interest to use a Senere Grace Togekiss. Otherwise, it gets an ability that lowers accuracy and raises a useless stat. Hustle isn't just useless like Run Away, but also hindering. I'd scrap that Hustle Togekiss.

Otherwise, Feraligatr's, Arcanine's, and Flygon's movesets are good, and so is Heracross'. Just make sure Heracross has Guts, or your attack will be halved and Facade will go back down to a base 70 power.
    Last edited by Golbat-Man; 4th October 2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Golbat-Man View Post
    When it comes to hms, I make my whole team without them except Surf and Waterfall, and that depends on the water type I'm using. I use an hm slave, but it's usually in the PC except for when I know I will need it. Then I put it back in when I'm not using it.

Also, it's for your best interest to use a Senere Grace Togekiss. Otherwise, it gets an ability that lowers accuracy and raises a useless stat. Hustle isn't just useless like Run Away, but also hindering. I'd scrap that Hustle Togekiss.

Otherwise, Feraligatr's, Arcanine's, and Flygon's movesets are good, and so is Heracross'. Just make sure Heracross has Guts, or your attack will be halved and Facade will go back down to a base 70 power.
    Yeah, I don't know how to get a Serene Grace Togekiss since my Hustle one already hatched.
    Also, is having two Water types bad if one of them is part ice type? I'm thinking of getting a Lapras, with Ice Beam, Perish Song, Surf, and Sing. This way, I can Sing the opponent to sleep and Perish Song them, then heal up my Pokemon.

Yeah, heracross has guts. i actually got a Swarm one but managed to find another one with Guts.
    Arcanine...I'm actually reconsidering. Do I need that many physical sweepers? I was just thinking of playing through with
    Feraligatr
    Togekiss
    Lapras
    Bibarel
    Heracross
    Flygon

Any thoughts? I could drop Heracross if need be...And then there's whatnot like the Red Gyarados and a ton of other Pokes I can use...I can also use an Alakazam I have stored.
    Last edited by Thundagere; 4th October 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Hey everyone, I would like some help deciding between pokemon for an ingame BW team, but I don't know if that goes here or on the "complete my team" thread. Anyway, I usually have six categories that I pick pokemon from: Water, Psychic/Dark/Ghost, Fire, Electric, Rock/Ground/Steel, and something of my choice. The pokemon I'm considering are:

W: Burungel
    P/D/G: Shinbora, Shandera, Burungel, Zuruzukin, and Sazandra
    F: Shandera and Urugamoth
    E: Zebraika
    R/G/S: Warubiaru
    My Pick: Zuruzukin, Shinbora, Jaroda, and Sazandra

Note: If I pick one that is multiple sections, I'll remove it from the others.

I generally play aggressively -- high attack or special attack is what I like, and same with movesets. I don't play competitively, so all I need to do is to be able to beat my friends and the in-game characters. However, I am not averse to having a pokemon with high defense on my team.

Any help is appreciated -- if you want to suggest alternatives to what I have here, that is also welcome. Thanks for all the help!

<~ Team Overview ~>

First things first, this is my first team with a TrickScarf lead, and I wanted to do it right. Latias seemed a great choice, loads of resistances, great Speed to get the jump on slower leads, and pretty sturdy with some EV investment in HP/Defense.

Then I thought, what does Latias fear most? Physical SE attacks? Of course she does, which is where my next choice came in. Scizor, the red menace of OU makes a triumphant return to my second BT team. His resistances to Bug, Dark, Dragon, Ghost, and Ice make it a great partner to Latias, while Latias resists the Fire moves that Scizor hates most,
    not to mention the Water and Electric types that he can't touch with Bullet Pawnch.

Finally, the last member of the trio. This guy comes in on Physical sweepers Latias has set up on, and sets up its own Calm Mind to make it extremely durable. Suicune's base 115 Defense and Sp. Defense takes Fire and Water type attacks with ease, and Calm Mind boosted Surf destroy them.

<~ In-Depth Analysis ~>

TrickScarf Lead

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Bold @ Levitate
    252 HP/196 Defense/60 Spd
    -Trick
    -Thunderwave
    -Flash
    -Charm

This set was provided by the wonderful GrumpySnorlax of SerebiiForums, the EV spread is designed to outrun base 85's after I Trick the Scarf, such as Heracross and Kingdra. I spam Flash and Charm depending on the Pokemon.

Physical Sweeper / Physical Tank

Scizor @ Muscle Band/Lum Berry
    Adamant @ Technician
    252 HP/252 Attack/6 Defense
    -X-Scissor
    -Brick Break
    -Bullet Pawnch
    -Swords Dance

Comes in on pokemon Latias has set on, specifically physical sweepers that have been Charmed. Sets up its own Swords Dance, and spams what ever attack is neccesary. X-Scissor for STAB, and hits Dark types that scare Latias. Brick Break takes care of Steel types that resist Bullet Pawnch. Bullet Pawnch for priority, and because no Scizor can be without it. Muscle Band for the boost without taking recoil, or Lum Berry to avoid status, still haven't decided.

He has problems with faster special sweepers that are Fire, Water, or Electric types who resist Bullet Pawnch and smack him hard with special moves that are either SE or neutral.

Special Sweeper / Special Tank

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Bold @ Pressure
    252 HP/252 Defense/6 Sp. Attack
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute/HP [Electric] 50

Comes in on special attackers that it resists or takes neutral damage from, and starts Calm Mind. Once its strong enough, gets behind a Sub and starts sweeping. Works best when its a physical sweeper that's been Charmed and can't break the Sub.

Suicune has problems with Electric types, just like Scizor does, but if its got a few Calm Minds in, it should be fine. It does have HP [Electric], but the power isn't exactly strong, so it may not be worth the time.

<~ Final Comments ~>

This team as several problems, right off the bat. Jolteon/Electivire can walk through this team, because of their speed and immunity to Thunderwave.

Fast Water types that resist Bullet Pawnch and Surf/Ice Beam can give me some trouble, but Thunderwave support from Latias can help Suicune set up a few Calm Minds.

Suicune and Scizor aren't exactly fast either, so I'll probably need Latias to stay alive as long as possible to spread Thunderwave.

LATIAS IS SET WITH A BOLD NATURE, BUT HAS NOT BEEN EV TRAINED YET, SO THE SPREAD COULD POSSIBLY CHANGE.

SCIZOR AND SUICUNE ARE ALREADY EV TRAINED, THOUGH SCIZOR ISN'T LEVEL 100.

So go ahead, let me hear what you think, I hope this is in the proper section, apparently BF teams aren't considered "competitive".

Okay, so I got to 57 wins in the Battle Tower with this team, and would like to break 100 wins:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Outrage
    Swords Dance
    Fire Fang
    Earthquake

This guy has maximum EV/IVs in Attack and Speed, as well as a perfect HP IV. I just SD and kill everything. But a DD Gyarados did this guy in, so I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking about nixing Fire Fang in exchange for Stone Edge, as I want something that can still kill Shedinja. Because if I don't have a move that can hit Shedinja, I'm gonna be FUBAR if he shows up.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Agility

I put on Life Orb for the heck of it, and I admit I didn't even really use Agility. It's got a Sp Atk stat of 190 at level 50, Speed of 122, and does quite well with Adaptability. I was thinking about replacing Agility with an attack, and the Life Orb with a Choice Scarf.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Thunderpunch

This guy has his EVs invested in Attack and Defense. He's a good tank, but he's also slow; his speed at level 50 is in the 80s. Scarfing him wouldn't speed him up enough, and I love Explosion on this guy. Meteor Mash is fantastic STAB, and has the chance of raising attack, so I don't wanna get rid of that either. Maybe Agility for Thunderpunch?

Like I said, I lost to a Gyarados that had at least EQ/DD/Waterfall, so maybe the aforementioned Stone Edge would help. Also, speeding up Porygon-Z would help too. Dragonite as a replacement for Garchomp was a consideration, since it resists grass, water, and is immune to ground. However, Dragonite is slower, and has a weakness to rock, which Garhcomp resists. I was thinking about staying with Garhcomp, but please tell me what you think.
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Quote Originally Posted by Golbat-Man View Post
    Okay, so I got to 57 wins in the Battle Tower with this team, and would like to break 100 wins:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Outrage
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Earthquake

This guy has maximum EV/IVs in Attack and Speed, as well as a perfect HP IV. I just SD and kill everything. But a DD Gyarados did this guy in, so I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking about nixing Fire Fang in exchange for Stone Edge, as I want something that can still kill Shedinja. Because if I don't have a move that can hit Shedinja, I'm gonna be FUBAR if he shows up.

Substitute is a GODSEND in the Battle Tower, protects a poke from status, crits, OHKO's, and stat decreasing moves. Get behind a Sub, set up SD, and sweep. Although Shedinja is a problem for this set, he stops appearing after Battle 30 in the BT.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Trick

I put on Life Orb for the heck of it, and I admit I didn't even really use Agility. It's got a Sp Atk stat of 190 at level 50, Speed of 122, and does quite well with Adaptability. I was thinking about replacing Agility with an attack, and the Life Orb with a Choice Scarf.

Lead with PZ, and Trick the Scarf onto the opponent if its not a serious threat to Chomp. When its stuck in a single attack, Garchomp can have an easier time setting up a Sub and sweeping. Thunderwave could go over one of the other moves to completely shut down a pokemon.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Thunderpunch

Choice Band could go in as an item for more power, moves look fine to me.

This guy has his EVs invested in Attack and Defense. He's a good tank, but he's also slow; his speed at level 50 is in the 80s. Scarfing him wouldn't speed him up enough, and I love Explosion on this guy. Meteor Mash is fantastic STAB, and has the chance of raising attack, so I don't wanna get rid of that either. Maybe Agility for Thunderpunch?

Like I said, I lost to a Gyarados that had at least EQ/DD/Waterfall, so maybe the aforementioned Stone Edge would help. Also, speeding up Porygon-Z would help too. Dragonite as a replacement for Garchomp was a consideration, since it resists grass, water, and is immune to ground. However, Dragonite is slower, and has a weakness to rock, which Garhcomp resists. I was thinking about staying with Garhcomp, but please tell me what you think.
    Comments in bold.

Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast