The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 40

Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Registered User VanillaThunderbolt's Avatar

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa-Paratroopa View Post
    OK, I'm making a team for Emerald to fight Steven and the Battle Frontier.

So far, the only thing I've decided on is the Pokemon, none hacked and Lv.90 btw.

*Mew
    *Latios
    *Blaziken
    *Rayquaza
    *Mightyena
    *Lugia

I know my team's mostly uber, but I like my Emerald ubers.
    Isn't everything except Latios, Mighteyena and Blaziken banned in the Frontier? And even if those are the three you're using, what moves are you planning on using?

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, er...I guess I mixed up the Frontier with Trainer Tower....And I still think this might be good against Steven/Mt. Battle(In Pokemon XD)

Anyway, the only movesets I've planned are Latios' and Blaziken's.

Latios@Soul Dew
    -Luster Purge
    -Recover
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind/Fire Blast

Latios speeds out and Luster Purges the first few Poke's. Recover doesn't need to be explained, Psychic does away with those weak to it, and Fire Blast is for Ice coverage. Which means he'll only be harmed by Ghosts and Darks.

Blaziken@Leftovers
    -Blaze Kick
    -Double Kick
    -Sky Uppercut
    -???
    Physical sweeper set, with Leftovers to at least let him survive a few blows. Blaze Kick is his sig.move, so why not? Double Kick is good with STAB and takes down most of Steven's team, Sky Uppercut is to deal with Fly. I can't think of anything else for the fourth move...

Any help with my other Pokemon, or the ones here?

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Latios: Having Luster Purge and Psychic is just pointless. And since Psychic is infinitely more useful than Luster Purge, I suggest replacing Luster Purge with Dragon Claw or maybe Thunderbolt. (Dragon Claw's Special in Gen. III.)

Blaziken: Blaze Kick is Special in Gen. III. So try the mixed-sweeper route, and replace the Kick with Fire Blast or Flamethrower. And Double Kick is worthless. Try Rock Slide (FR/LG tutor in Rock Tunnel) for the fourth slot. And, if you can, replace Double Kick with ThunderPunch. (Emerald tutor.) If not, Earthquake.

Hope that helped.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Okay. Latios notes taken. I can't trade to FRLG since I lack both the game and a link cable...so...are these the moveset you wanted for these guys?:

Latios@Soul Dew
    -Psychic
    -Dragon Claw
    -Recover
    -Fire Blast

Blaziken@Leftovers
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Sky Uppercut
    -ThunderPunch

Blog Entries

Yes. That should prove deadly in the Frontier.
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

Blog Entries

Thanks! Here's my Mew's moveset, for Mt. Battle and Steven.

Mew@Sitrus Berry
    -Psychic
    -Flamethrower
    -Selfdestruct
    -Metronome

Metronome saves me more often than not, Psychic is for STAB and unpredictability, Flamethrower scorches most of Steven's team, and Selfdestruct gives a free KO when Mew's in the red.

Blog Entries

Pretty good, actually. Though I should point out: on a Psychic-type like Mew, Psychic is anything but unpredictable.
    SharKing Productions

Blog Entries

Oh, well, I heard that Psychic on a Mew was surprising because most people use Mewtwo as their Psychic-er...anyway, got the next two movesets done:Rayquaza and Mightyena! I'm also changing Lugia for a Ho-Oh, seeing as how with Lugia I'd have three psychics.

Rayquaza@Persim Berry
    -Overheat
    -Fly
    -Outrage
    -Thunderbolt

For me, this set has good type coverage, plus I can avoid attacks and Overheat without the Special Attack drop once.

Mightyena@Focus Sash
    -Roar
    -Crunch
    -Return
    -Dig

Crunch is Mightyena's best move, Roar switches so that I can pick which enemies to massacre first. Return is awesome in general, and Dig both hits Steven for super-effective damage on most Pokemon and avoids one attack.

Blog Entries

If it really is for the Frontier, ditch them both. Rayquaza can't get in, and Mightyena's just crap in general. If it's for the Trainer Tower (where their Ubers are allowed), just ditch Mightyena. Rayquaza's kinda good, though Fly isn't the best of moves, even with STAB.
    SharKing Productions

Blog Entries

It's for the Frontier, Trainer Tower, and Mt. Battle, along with Steven. Here's what teams I planned....

Frontier
    *Blaziken
    *Latios
    *Mightyena

Trainer Tower
    *Rayquaza
    *Mew
    *Ho-Oh

Mt. Battle
    *Blaziken
    *Mew
    *Rayquaza

I think I'm all set, so thanks for all the help.

Blog Entries

This is my plan for my team against Red. Hopefully, I'll be able to beat him without losing any Pokemon, if all goes well. This battle is more of based around strategy, so...yeah. Tell me what you think.

Pidgey (moves don't matter in this case, it'll be around Level 2).
    Probably.
    Tackle
    Now, this Pidgey serves a huge purpose. The thing is, I need to bait an Electric attack to Electivire. Basically, I switch to Electivire for him to take the Speed Boost. That's where the real fun begins.

Electivire@Expert Belt Lvl 85
    Cross Chop
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Earthquake

So, this guy takes the speed boost. I'm pretty sure he will be able to KO all of Red's Pokemon, because of Expert Belt. Thunderpunch=bye Lapras, Charizard, and Blastoise. Snorlax can go ahead and eat a Cross Chop. Pikachu can face an Earthquake, and his Venusaur won't like an Ice Punch. I'm hoping he'll sweep Red's team, if not, I'll just Revive him.

Feraligatr@Life Orb Level 75
    Swords Dance
    Ice Punch
    Return
    Aqua Jet

I'll probably bring him in on something like Charizard, where I can Swords Dance freely. From there, one Aqua Jet will get rid of Snorlax and let me attack.

Snorlax@Leftovers level 65.
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

Another guy I like to bring in on Charizard. That thing keeps using Flare Blitz, for some weird reason. Let him face down this guy's HP, and he won't be doing it anymore. Basically, I stall out Charizard with prediction until I know Red will heal, then use Rock Slide. That gets rid of Charizard, and then I continue to stall till I'm out.

Flygon@Leftovers Level 71
    Toxic
    Roost
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast

I do seem to like Smogon sets, now don't I? However, this guy does marvels by setting status on my opponents team so I can switch out to Snorlax and just wall them down. Awesome.

HM Slave Geodude
    Rock Smash
    Strength
    Rock Climb
    ---

This is my HM Slave. He won't be doing much during the actual battle, aside from maybe letting one of my other Pokemon heal when he gets destroyed.

So, yeah. My team is mostly capable to defending for itself, but I'm hoping Electivire will knock out a good portion of his team. Tell me what you think!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

You'll need a higher-level Flying-type (or maybe that Feraligatr) to bait T-bolt/Volt Tackle. Red's Pikachu might actually use Quick Attack on a little Pidgey.
    SharKing Productions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing319 View Post
    You'll need a higher-level Flying-type (or maybe that Feraligatr) to bait T-bolt/Volt Tackle. Red's Pikachu might actually use Quick Attack on a little Pidgey.
    Good point. I only did Pidgey because I personally don't like any flying types that I don't use as Flyers. But sure, I can lead with Feraligatr then use him later. Flying was the first accessible type that came to mind, lol.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Registered User VanillaThunderbolt's Avatar

I need some quick help with a Rotom set for the Frontier in Platinum/HG/SS.

Rotom (A) @Leftovers
    Levitate
    Calm Nature
    252 HP/4 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def
    ~Will-o-Wisp
    ~Charge/Substitute
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Shadow Ball/Overheat/Blizzard/Hydro Pump/Leaf Storm

I have no clear idea where I wan't to go with this. I know I'm building it bulky, obviously, but otherwise, I'm not sure. Will-o-Wisp and Max Sp.Def/HP aim to make Rotom as bulky as possible. The choice between Charge and Substitute is a tough one.

If I go with Charge, I may spread the EVs more offensively so I can score more KOs, as well as beefing up that Thunderbolt and my Sp.Def temporarily (mainly, a Calm Mind substitution).

If I go with Substitute, I can be protected against Status, as well as create a Wall to help take damage. However, with Substitute, I won't have as much power.

The last moves is a matter of coverage, really. Shadow Ball is obvious STAB, however the other four moves provide key advantages. Overheat helps with all those annoying Steel Types, bar Heatran, but presents that pesky Sp.Atk drop. The other three moves help fight off Ground Types. Blizzard gives me the best coverage, but I could see the other two being useful at one point or another.

The item choice is probably going to be Leftovers, however, without Substitute, I'm tempted to use a Lum Berry to help ward of Status. White Herb would also be useful for if I use Overheat or Leaf Storm.

So, any suggestions/opinions? (The team mates are going to be ScarfLead Machamp, and a Dark Type, just to give me a traingle of resistances to the weaknesses of the Types, however the Dark Type is subject to change. I'm thinking about Mighteyena, Drapion, or Skuntank).

How on earth am I supposed to get the gold symbol for the battle hall? I'm using a Naive Garchomp, with a perfect attack, speed, and HP IV, EV trained in speed and attack. Even with a yache berry, I either get swept by Weavile with a focus sash or a bulky poke like lickilicky with ice punch, if I don't freeze first. Garchomp knows Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, and Fire Fang. Maybe there's still something fast out there with decent typing and coverage?.
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast