The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 39

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

EDIT;; Just use a Zapdos?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Default Re: The Complete My Team Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skylocust View Post
    I decided to delete my old file and play through the epic Leaf Green! I picked a Suqirtle, and caught a bunch of pokemon, the ones in my team being

Lv.39 Blastoise: Tackle
    Water Gun
    Bite
    Bubble

Lv.39 Victreebel: Vine Whip
    Cut
    Bullet Seed
    Sleep Powder

Lv.40 Nidoking:Double Kick
    Surf
    Horn Attack
    Dig

Lv.39 Pidgeot: Aerial Ace
    Wing Attack
    Gust
    Fly
    I have 5 badges so far, and i wanted to ask you guys, something. I still need two more pokemon, and i need a fighting type and an electric type. Or pokemon that are good, but can learn fighting and elctric moves. a pokemon that can learn psychic types moves would also be useful.

NOTE: I don't want you to rate my team, I just need some help finding some pokemon to join my team. Don't post stuff like "YOur team sucks and crap" I know the movesets aren't the best in the world, but these are just temporary. They'll be wicked by the time i get to the elite four. Besides, the moves do waht i need and thats cool.

SO could people please help me find 2 pokemon that would be really good according to the categories typed above? Thanks;)
    ok what you're going to want to do is go to the move delete and make nidoking forget surf and teach it to blastoise since it gets STAB unless you want them both to have it, also replace one of blastoise's move w/rain dance

for pidgeot replace gust with double edge at the move tutor since you haave two other flying attack at it would be to one dimensional

if you have the tm teach victreebel sludge bomb, replacing bullet seed
    and for your other two go with a magmar and teach it flamethrower psychic toxic and hyper beam and for the second one get a jolteon and teach it double kick, since you want a fighting attack, pin missle, thunder wave, and thunder

so now you should have

Lv.39 Blastoise: Rain Dance(learns at 42)
    Surf
    Bite
    Ice beam
    Lv.39 Victreebel: Vine Whip
    Cut
    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder

Lv.40 Nidoking: Megahorn
    Surf
    Horn Attack
    Earthquake(tm)

Lv.39 Pidgeot: Aerial Ace
    Feather Dance
    Double Edge
    Fly

Magmar: Flamethrower
    Psychic(tm)
    Toxic(tm)
    Hyperbeam(tm)

Jolteon Double Kick
    Thunder(100% accurate w/rain dance) Pin Missle
    Thunder Wave

mtp13 thanks

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Skylocust, I would basicly go with Jolteon thing above or Zapdos, but he could be a pain to capure. Just for fun I would probly go with a Eleabuzz. Thunderpunch would be good with his high attack.

If you have any tips on Pokemon Emerald's Battle Frontire (like what to use) I would like that.
    I have a Salamance for this, and it sucks.
    Salamance Lv.50
    Headbutt
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Fly

Did you know you could use the lengendary birds in the battle fountire?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

I'm having a hard time getting to 100 wins or even the 49 win Palmer rematch in the Battle Tower. I've only gotten as far as 42 wins. Here is my team:

Porygon-Z @Focus Sash
    Adapability
    -Tri Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Agility

Dragonite@ Lum Berry
    Inner Focus
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Roost
    -Fire Punch

Metagross@ Life Orb
    Clear Body
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunderpunch
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake

My Porygon-Z has 190 SpAtk at level 50 and around 110 Speed, so I'd rather not get rid of it if I can. I was, however, considering Garchomp over Dragonite, as he's usually too slow to use Roost and is weak to Rock, and most rock types also pack ground type moves that can bash Metagross. Metagross has a brave nature since it's the one you get from Steven in HG/SS, so maybe I should use a Choice Scarf?
    Last edited by Golbat-Man; 11th September 2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Blog Entries

I would lead with Metagross and do Garchomp > Dragonite. What game is this for, HG?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Yup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArchSage View Post
    I need some opinions. What do you think of a team like this?;
    Feraligatr [Vector]
    Typhlosion [Knuckles]
    Meganium [Haruka]
    Electivire [Kenji]
    Rhyperior [Rambi]
    Espeon [Teru]
    Umbreon [Anubis]
    Froslass [Hikari]

The reason for 8 Pokémon is because this is my team for the IPGL.
    Um, doesn't the IPGL count as competitive battling?
    Either way, I think that it would help to have movesets (the IPGL doens't ask for them, but to rate it we need them). And if you know EVs or IVs, that's help too.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Umbreon or Espeon? I really like them both, but I can't decide which to have on my team in Leafgreen. I was thinking Umbreon, but then I remembered that my Blastois can learn dark type moves, like crunch, bite, and skull bash, so i thought about Espeon. I really need a Psychic type as well, so I decided to ask some help from my fellow forum people.

EDIT: I've decided to get something else for an electric type besides Jolteon, and it's sort of better.

Blog Entries

Use Espeon, it seems more useful. And you probably need something fast and speedy.

Formerly Wachamp Neon_Seadra No. 10's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Umbreon is an amazing defender while Espeon is a speedy special attacker. I prefer Umbreon but Espeon would probably be more useful.
    My Seadra's brighter than your Seadra.

The Blog

Thanks to IslandWalker for the Avatar!

A Fine Fellow Indeed. Strange Bean's Avatar

Finally got up to being really serious with Pokemon, so thusly I present my first serious team for rating. All but one of these don't have items, I'll deal with that in a different thread.

Dragonite [Devon]
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nautre: Quiet
    EVs: 250 Sp. Atk/100 Def. + Sp. Def/50 HP (Values are approximate)
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Draco Meteor

I don't like the idea of having super-specialized Pokemon focused around specific moves. Keep this in mind as you read these. The EV spread is self-explanatory; maximizing damage while covering the bases with the remaining points. The first three moves cover eight types and have normal accuracy with good power. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB move, pretty simple stuff.

Ampharos [Nikolai]
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Mild
    EVs: 250 Sp. Atk/100 Atk. + Def./50 HP
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunder
    - Signal Beam

A SubPuncher with a side of Thunder (there will be a Rain Dancer later on) and Signal Beam. I had an Ampharos and it had a relatively bad moveset, so I looked around and for some reason, SubPunching was recommended. It hasn't worked so well, so I'm considering redoing this one. Thunder is the really strong point, given dat Special Attack and the aforementioned Rain Dance. Signal Beam is for type coverage.

Steelix [Rocky] (I didn't call it that, this is the traded Onix)
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Hasty (I know, I know, lowers defence.)
    EVs: 250 Def./100 Atk. + Sp. Def/50 HP
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Gyro Ball/Iron Tail

Does what Steelix does best. The hindering nature is something to complain about, but no way am I trying to get another one. This is obviously designed to go in first, hence the Stealth Rock, and the other moves are to do damage. There's two moves near the end because I just replaced Iron Tail with Gyro Ball due to it always missing and I haven't had a chance to test it yet. EV spread kind of obvious, all physical moves hence Attack, etc.

Ludicolo [Freddie] w/ Damp Rock
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 250 Sp. Def/100 Sp. Atk + Def/50 HP
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Ludicolo has pretty neat Special Attack, and I am a firm believer in using Pokemon I like, so I threw this one in there. Not worrying about Speed or Attack due to Swift Swim and all Special moves respectively, boosting the Sp. Def even higher, helping the other stats I actually use. Rain Dance is extended by the Damp Rock to help out Nikolai back there. Surf with STAB and Rain Dance oughta do some damage, and the people I go up against like using Pokemon that happen to be heavy, hence the Grass Knot.

Machamp [Athena]
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Bold (Lowers attack)
    EVs: 250 Atk/100 Def. + Sp. Def/50 HP
    - DynamicPunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Payback

DynamicPunch and No Guard together w/ STAB is a no-brainer, and the other ones give some nice type coverage. The EVs boost Attack and help the defenses, not touching Speed due to Payback, which also covers the Psychic weakness, as Ice Punch covers Flying. Kind of a short description, this.

Alakazam [Jean Grey] (I can't think of anything else. Any suggestions?)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Lonely
    EVs: 250 Sp. Atk/100 Sp. Def + Def/50 Spd
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball
    - Focus Blast

Just playing to the strengths here. I've never worried a lot about Speed, so the 50 is just there to help Alakazam's already pretty good Speed stat. Shadow Ball covers the Ghost and Dark weaknesses, Bug is uncovered, but nobody I know uses Bug moves, from memory. Kinda complements Athena, too.

Yeah, that's it. I'd appreciate any sort of help. Levels are of no consequence, as they will shortly be at Lvl. 100. No pics, sorry, but kind of a tight schedule to fill. I'll edit some in later.

In regards to the battle tower team I posted some posts above, I also have a Kingdra with a mild nature and coicidentally, a Speed IV of 31. It's got swift swim, and Surf/Ice Beam/Rain Dance/Dragon pulse, with Dragon pulse possibly being replaced by Draco Meteor. It's special attack at level 50 is a little over 150, and if I were to use surf in the rain, it'd be doubled to 190 BP by rain, and then STAB would knock it up to 270, with Draco Meteor doing 210 BP. The Gible I have atm has a Jolly nature, Outrage, Earthquake, and I plan to add Swords Dance and Stone Edge. Should I still go with Garchomp, or use Kingdra instead?

Registered User VanillaThunderbolt's Avatar

So, I'm playing Heart Gold, and I'm trying to just BS through the game as fast as possible so I can access the Battle Frontier. I had a thought that I'm sure we've all had. Is all that time spent on training a full team of 6 to levels close to the E4 worth it? I know we all have power leveled through the league once in our lives, so why bother with the whole party? (For me anyway, I don't feel like playong through HG right now, however, it is a great game to play through).

Here's the idea:
    Starmie
    ~Surf
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Psychic/Recover

It's a lot easier with a team mate, and the best one can easily be your starter.

Typhlosion
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Extrasensory/Shadow Claw
    ~Earthquake

I don't EV train for play throughs, because I don't like wasting time (which is why the Typhlosion breeding is a pain), but I'm sure that would make this idea work a lot better.

Has anyone else ever tried a minimal party playthrough before though? From what I'm seeing, they actually make the game go by tons faster. o -o

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, I'm making a team for Emerald to fight Steven and the Battle Frontier.

So far, the only thing I've decided on is the Pokemon, none hacked and Lv.90 btw.

*Mew
    *Latios
    *Blaziken
    *Rayquaza
    *Mightyena
    *Lugia

I know my team's mostly uber, but I like my Emerald ubers.

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast