The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 38

Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Ian the quilava LV25
    item Charcoal
    Moves:
    Cut
    flame Wheel
    Smokescreen
    Fire blast

Cotto The Skiploom LV 21
    Item Miracle Seed
    Moves:
    Bullet Seed (i dont have sunny day yet.)
    Synthesis
    Sleep Powder
    Solar Beam

Mac the Togetic LV 23
    Item(none)
    Moves:
    Metronome
    Extrasensory
    Yawn
    Encore

Elvis The Nidorino LV 22
    Item: Macho Brace
    Moves:
    Focus Energy
    Double Kick
    Shadow Claw
    Rock Smash

Rocky the Steelix LV 19
    Item:(none)
    Moves:
    Dig
    Rock Throw
    Screech
    Rock Tomb

Grim the Scyther
    Item(none)
    Moves:
    Focus Energy
    Pursuit
    False Swipe
    Agility

I am about to face Morty.

thanks for the help!
    It's strange how preferring the female gender now makes a man gay.
    Mew is jesus. -col_serra serebii

Registered User VanillaThunderbolt's Avatar

Dude, how is that team going to Surf/Waterfall/Whirpool? o.o (Unless you HM Slave, which is cool). However, outside of hoping Steelix doesn't get OHKOd by Flamethrowers, this team won't handle Fire Types all too well.

Personally, I'd ditch Togetic for a Water Type, simply because without trading someone for a Shiny Stone, it's gonna be a LONG time before you turn into Togekiss (which is so much better it's not even funny). I suggest Starmie or Dewgong, simply because it's either speed or bulk to choose from. Why not Cloyster? I think it's cliche, but it is just as decent as a Water Type.

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunderbolt View Post
    Dude, how is that team going to Surf/Waterfall/Whirpool? o.o (Unless you HM Slave, which is cool). However, outside of hoping Steelix doesn't get OHKOd by Flamethrowers, this team won't handle Fire Types all too well.

Personally, I'd ditch Togetic for a Water Type, simply because without trading someone for a Shiny Stone, it's gonna be a LONG time before you turn into Togekiss (which is so much better it's not even funny). I suggest Starmie or Dewgong, simply because it's either speed or bulk to choose from. Why not Cloyster? I think it's cliche, but it is just as decent as a Water Type.
    considering he's about to face Morty...
    he won't have access to water stones until after the elite 4. And you can't catch Seel until after the elite 4 either...

My suggestions for a strong water pokemon would be either Lapras (almost too awesome for it's own good), Tentacruel, or Octillery.
    While it's a bit of a waste to have to make any of them HM slaves, you only have to teach 2 (waterfall, whirlpool) b/c Nidoking can learn Surf (although it's a good move and the STAB would help either of them).

- Lapras is great, but a little out of the way to find. I would suggest brine, ice beam, safeguard, or rain dance as its non-HM moves
    - Tentacruel is highly underrated, easy to acquire. I would suggest barrier, toxic spikes, or poison jab as moves in addition to the HMs
    - Octillery served me well on Platinum (until I got a Milotic which PWNS!). I would suggest ice beam, signal beam, or gunk shot (low accuracy, but high damage and 30% chance of poisoning the foe) as its additional non-HM moves

I'd also ditch either Skiploom or Scyther to make room for the water pokemon.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKanFly View Post
    considering he's about to face Morty...
    he won't have access to water stones until after the elite 4. And you can't catch Seel until after the elite 4 either...

My suggestions for a strong water pokemon would be either Lapras (almost too awesome for it's own good), Tentacruel, or Octillery.
    While it's a bit of a waste to have to make any of them HM slaves, you only have to teach 2 (waterfall, whirlpool) b/c Nidoking can learn Surf (although it's a good move and the STAB would help either of them).

- Lapras is great, but a little out of the way to find. I would suggest brine, ice beam, safeguard, or rain dance as its non-HM moves
    - Tentacruel is highly underrated, easy to acquire. I would suggest barrier, toxic spikes, or poison jab as moves in addition to the HMs
    - Octillery served me well on Platinum (until I got a Milotic which PWNS!). I would suggest ice beam, signal beam, or gunk shot (low accuracy, but high damage and 30% chance of poisoning the foe) as its additional non-HM moves
    Lies. Assuming this is Heart Gold/Soul Silver, and not the original games, Water Stones can be obtained in the Pokeathlon. I forget which day though. Staryu/Seel are obtained in the Route before the Safari Zone in Cianwood, after beating Chuck, so though he won't have access to it now, he will in the near future. Octillery, however, is obtained after the Radio Tower mission, right before the 8th Badge.

I agree with Lapras and Tentacruel though (I have no idea why I hadn't thought of Lapras when considering bulky Water/Ice Types...). Tentacool, is kind of a bitch to train in my opinion, as its level up moves aren't all that great, and it gains levels painfully slow for it's own good. Maybe that's just me though. O.o

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunderbolt View Post
    Lies. Assuming this is Heart Gold/Soul Silver, and not the original games, Water Stones can be obtained in the Pokeathlon. I forget which day though. Staryu/Seel are obtained in the Route before the Safari Zone in Cianwood, after beating Chuck, so though he won't have access to it now, he will in the near future. Octillery, however, is obtained after the Radio Tower mission, right before the 8th Badge.

I agree with Lapras and Tentacruel though (I have no idea why I hadn't thought of Lapras when considering bulky Water/Ice Types...). Tentacool, is kind of a bitch to train in my opinion, as its level up moves aren't all that great, and it gains levels painfully slow for it's own good. Maybe that's just me though. O.o
    my bad forgot about pokeathlon. I don't do it, so I forgot...
    Also I didn't know that Seel and Staryu were available there...and I waited all the way to Kanto to get them! lol

Lapras and Tentacruel both require the exact same amount of exp. to level up each time, and yes... it IS painfully slow. If he's going the "quick to level-up" route... the Marill line would be the easiest...although Azumarill sucks. Aside from that, the Seel line would be the best bet going that route.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

my platinum team so far...
    prinplup (Squirt) lvl 27
    metal claw bide
    bubble bubblebeam
    Aipom (Tri-palm)
    Fury swipes baton pass
    tickle astonish

by elite 4, will have these 4 on team:
    rhyperior
    scizor
    alteria
    Drapion

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKanFly View Post
    my bad forgot about pokeathlon. I don't do it, so I forgot...
    Also I didn't know that Seel and Staryu were available there...and I waited all the way to Kanto to get them! lol

Lapras and Tentacruel both require the exact same amount of exp. to level up each time, and yes... it IS painfully slow. If he's going the "quick to level-up" route... the Marill line would be the easiest...although Azumarill sucks. Aside from that, the Seel line would be the best bet going that route.
    Azumarill with Huge Power is awesome :C
    They really shine in play throughs (where they can power level if need be) and UU teams not expecting the little critter. xD

Battle Tower team:

Tyranitar @Life Orb
    Jolly 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Dragon Dance

Garchomp @Yache Berry
    Adamant 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Swampert @Leftovers
    Impish 252HP/6Atk/252Def
    - Protect
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Avalanche

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

heres my team (thanks to insommiac *dear lord i hoped i spelled it right* for directing me here)
    Gengar:Quiet nature Levitate
    Moveset:Psychic,Sludge Bomb,Shadow Ball,Energy Ball/Ice Beam
    Feraligatr:Brave nature Torrent
    Ice Fang,EQ,Crunch,Surf
    Ampharos:Mild Static
    Fire Punch,Thunder,Discharge,Signal Beam
    Gallade:Mild Steadfast
    Psycho Cut,Leaf Blade,Close Combat,Swords Dance
    Dragonite:Naughty ** Inner Focus
    Fly,Dragon Dance,Aqua Tail,Outrage
    Aggron:Brave Rock Head
    Metal Burst,Double Edge,Iron Tail,Brick Break

OK here's my platinum team so far, and i'm in sunnyshore city about to fight volkner

Gallade lvl 44 Quirky nature
    psycho cut
    cut
    drain punch
    magic leaf

Weavile lvl 43 Modest nature
    metal claw
    icy wind
    night slash
    surf

Gliscor lvl 43 Mild nature
    defog
    aerial ace
    x-scissor
    dig

Luxray lvl 44 Adamant nature
    strength
    crunch
    charge
    spark

Infernape lvl 44 Serious nature
    close combat
    mach punch
    flame wheel
    rock climb

Lucario lvl 27(still lvling) Lonely nature
    flash cannon
    metal sound
    screech
    force palm

let me know what you think, and i also have an octillery im using for waterfall when need and altaria for fly

Blog Entries

Gallade, replace Cut immdeiately. Cut's an HM move, and it's terrible. Stone Edge is a good alternative. Replace Magical Leaf with Leaf Blade cause Gallade's special attack is a lot less than it's Physical.

Weavile, looks pretty good, but Ice Punch beats Icy Wind by a lot.

Again Defog ins't very useful in-game. Roost is still useful in-game, so teach it to Gliscor. Also, Earthquake is better than Dig by a long-shot.

Can't think of anything for Luxray, since Strength is decent in-game.

Infernape--Close Combat is great, considering Infernape's speed. Mach Punch is good if you really want priority, though I personally never use both.

Lucario:...OK, if I were you ,I'd use all Special attacks--Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, and your Flash Cannon are good. Or remove one of them and go with Metal Sound.

Made by Blue Dragon!

So, I'm probably going to be trying my luck at the Battle Frontier again, and right now I'm aiming to make a team more suited for the Tower specifically. I've been browsing RMTs and what not throughout the forums, and have seen a good number of No Guard Machamps, and I thought about how awesome having one as a lead would be. Here's the idea:

Machamp @Choice Scarf
    No Guard Ability
    Jolly Nature
    36 HP/252 Atk/220 Speed
    ~ DynamicPunch
    ~ Payback
    ~ Fire Punch/ThunderPunch
    ~ Ice Punch

Jolly Nature and 220 Speed EVs put Machamp at 113 Speed, which just outspeeds Max Speed Garchomp and, and thus everything slower (without a Scarf, which I forget, but don't think Garchomp/Salamence/Flygon/Dragonite have Choice Scarfs). Thus, Ice Punch makes it's mark on them, even if Machamp gets the Intimidate drop (None of them are built defensively). The only reason I don't go Max Speed, is because Machamp only caps at 117, which is (maybe) one point shy of Speed tieing with Gengar after a Scarf, and two short of outspeeding it (more on that later), so there didn't seem like a point in any extra investment, and thus, throw the rest in HP.

DynamicPunch+Payback make almost nuetral coverage, only resisted by Toxicroak, who, if it has Dry Skin, will get hit HARD by Fire Punch (and is also outspeeded by Machamp with the Scarf). I'm debating, however, to replace Fire Punch with ThunderPunch to deal with Gyarados (and any Starmie dumb enough not to OHKO me), as it will help a lot more in the later rounds, still provide all around nuetral coverage, and give me two awesome coverage pairs (Dark+Fighting, and Electric+Ice).

I know that not putting the most investment in Attack isn't the smartest idea, but Jolly and 220 are necessary to make the Speed marks I want. The only down side is, I still fall prey to things like Gengar, Starmie, Alakazam, Swellow. Really everything as fast as Infernape, or faster. I COULD put in Max Speed for Machamp, which would put me at 117 Speed, and 175.5 Speed after the Scarf. I need to know if that would round down to 175, or up to 176. If it rounds up, it qualifies me for a Speed tie with Infernape (but is it even worth it?)

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Im looking for sugestions for the battle frutier on emrild.
    What should I use? Any pokemon game from the III Gen is incleud (almost everyone)

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    Im looking for sugestions for the battle frutier on emrild.
    What should I use? Any pokemon game from the III Gen is incleud (almost everyone)
    I know Hyper Beam Slaking is always a favorite for... obvious reasons I guess hahaha. It always makes a great revenge killer. I've seen it paired with Milotic well, who would basically have an identical set to the one you'd see in competitive battles now a days. You could also try and pair Ninjask with the likes of... any Physical sweeper. Salamence is always an option.

Default The Complete My Team Thread

I decided to delete my old file and play through the epic Leaf Green! I picked a Suqirtle, and caught a bunch of pokemon, the ones in my team being

Lv.39 Blastoise: Tackle
    Water Gun
    Bite
    Bubble

Lv.39 Victreebel: Vine Whip
    Cut
    Bullet Seed
    Sleep Powder

Lv.40 Nidoking:Double Kick
    Surf
    Horn Attack
    Dig

Lv.39 Pidgeot: Aerial Ace
    Wing Attack
    Gust
    Fly
    I have 5 badges so far, and i wanted to ask you guys, something. I still need two more pokemon, and i need a fighting type and an electric type. Or pokemon that are good, but can learn fighting and elctric moves. a pokemon that can learn psychic types moves would also be useful.

NOTE: I don't want you to rate my team, I just need some help finding some pokemon to join my team. Don't post stuff like "YOur team sucks and crap" I know the movesets aren't the best in the world, but these are just temporary. They'll be wicked by the time i get to the elite four. Besides, the moves do waht i need and thats cool.

SO could people please help me find 2 pokemon that would be really good according to the categories typed above? Thanks;)

Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast