The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimiinthesky View Post
    haha i mean
    if your unsure about how to use breloom, give him spore and mach punch, and sub a focus punch, great combo :)

and that you should use loudred as a sort of bulky attacker, and skarmory as a wall. :)
    You're still no help. I'm not asking about Breloom or Loudred. Both are the most expendable members of my team. Loudred in particular I plan to shuffle out.

I'm not asking for an ego boost. I'm asking for advice. I can't use what you're giving me.

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

crickey :| lol sorry :/

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Mind View Post
    You're still no help. I'm not asking about Breloom or Loudred. Both are the most expendable members of my team. Loudred in particular I plan to shuffle out.

I'm not asking for an ego boost. I'm asking for advice. I can't use what you're giving me.
    You want advice? For an in-game team?
    Here's some advice: It's called leveling up.

In the meantime, instead of telling him that he is of no help and putting him down for his compliments (Really?), how about thank him for what he is saying? There's really no "advice" you can give an in-game team, because (As I've said so many times and it still makes me wonder why people want their in-game teams "rated") all you have to do is raise your Pokemon to higher levels than your opponent. You could probably sweep at least half of the E4 with a lvl 90 or higher Treecko.

Seriously, in the words of the great Jon Stewart, "Be a fucking person".

My Team is shown here

Theyre All Level 100

Blog Entries

You're supposed to post movesets.

...and this isn't a thread for "Look at my awesome level 100 team!", either.

----

Honestly, I really disagree with the whole "Oh, just grind goddammit!" idea. Some people don't want to hear shit like that, some people want to keep their team, oh I don't know, actually balanced with the rest of the game and enjoy the game? Sometimes people just want to know if they should swap out ____ Pokemon for ____ Gym Leader. Sometimes people want to know if they should pack ____ move for _____ E4 member. Some people just don't want to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Mind View Post
    So I recently picked up my Emerald version again, and started from scratch. My current team is as follows:

Marshtomp, 27. Most dangerous member of my team. Going to be my Surfer.

Kirlia, 26. Every team in every game that I play always has a psychic type in it.

Hariyama, 26. My physical bruiser. Currently my Rock Smasher, but I plan to delete it. Future Strength user.

Loudred, 21. Filler. Considered being my Strength user before his stats went out of balance.

Breloom, 24. Not sure what I want to do with this. Less useful than I imagined.

Skarmory, 18. Recently caught. I like what I see. Future Flier, and my physical damage absorber. Defense stat makes other Pokes green with envy.

I am currently meandering around before the Team Magma mess on the mountain, before Flannery's gym. I don't do HM slaves because they're far too often wasted space, and I'd like to fill that space with something useful. I do not have access to a method of trading, so I cannot obtain the trade evos. What is the effectiveness of this party to level through the game? Is it possible for me to add a Fire-type? If so, which one? What changes can I make to this team? (Note: Kirlia and Marshtomp I will not change, and I want to keep Skarmory if at all possible).
    Hmmm. A Fire-type... I'd be suggesting Vulpix but that's pretty far off from where you are right now (post 5th badge). Breloom sticks out to me on this team for some reason... I think it might be because outside of Kirlia you're lacking something that hits hard on the special side. Maybe a Ludicolo, or since you already have a Water-type, Cradily?

The only good Fire-types I can think of in Hoenn though are Camerupt (which has... really blah typing, especially for ingame where Water-types are going to be everywhere) and Ninetales, which you don't get until later in the game. Sorry. ^_^;
    Last edited by Tina; 17th June 2009 at 12:18 PM.

Nothing much...

These are my Pokemon in Platinum, beat the Elite Four yesterday

Torterra LV.69
    Female
    Lonely
    Overgrow
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Giga Drain
    Razor Leaf

Heracross LV.64
    Male
    Lonely
    Swarm
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Aerial Ace
    Megahorn
    Brick Break
    Reversal

Electivire LV.58
    Female
    Relaxed
    Motor Drive
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Shock Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Punch
    Discharge

Tangrowth LV.50
    Female
    Modest
    Chlorophyll
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Vine Whip
    Ancient Power
    Mega Drain

Am going to teach Tangrowth Solar Beam soon, have got the TM for it.

Garchomp LV.48
    Bashful
    Sand Veil
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Crunch
    Slash
    Dragon Claw
    Dig

Giratina LV.47
    Hasty
    Pressure
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Ominous Wind
    Ancient Power
    Dragon Claw
    Shadow Force

Azumarill LV.41
    Male
    Sassy
    Huge Power
    Moves:
    Bubble Beam
    Aqua Ring
    Double-Edge
    Rain Dance

Houndoom LV.37
    Male
    Calm
    Early Bird
    Pokerus
    Moves:
    Faint Attack
    Fire Fang
    Bite
    Odor Sleuth

Pokemon I have I also plan to train

Magmar LV.31
    Male
    Impish
    Flame Body
    Moves:
    Faint Attack
    Fire Spin
    Confuse Ray
    Fire Punch

Gastrodon LV.30
    Female
    Hasty
    Sticky Hold
    Moves:
    Mud Bomb
    Hidden Power
    Rain Dance
    Body Slam

Mantyke LV.33 Male
    Snorunt LV.33 Female (will evolve into Froslass)
    Swinub LV.33 Female
    Sudowoodo LV.30 Female
    Magnemite LV.29
    Scvther LV.27 Female
    Porygon LV.25
    Kirlia LV.24 Male (not sure whether to evolve into Gardevior or Gallade)
    Rotom LV.25
    Rhyhorn LV.23 Female
    Onix LV.22 Female
    Several Yanma
    Last edited by Munchlax!; 15th July 2009 at 01:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wiil View Post
    You want advice? For an in-game team?
    Here's some advice: It's called leveling up.

In the meantime, instead of telling him that he is of no help and putting him down for his compliments (Really?), how about thank him for what he is saying? There's really no "advice" you can give an in-game team, because (As I've said so many times and it still makes me wonder why people want their in-game teams "rated") all you have to do is raise your Pokemon to higher levels than your opponent. You could probably sweep at least half of the E4 with a lvl 90 or higher Treecko.

Seriously, in the words of the great Jon Stewart, "Be a fucking person".

rinsed ;)

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Anyway, finished with E4 on Platinum, my team consists of the following

Adamant

Strength
    Flame Wheel
    Mach Punch
    Close Combat

Infernape was my starter, but he's also my weakest link. Pretty weak to ghost too

Adamant
    Techician

Bullet Punch
    Pursuit/Night Slash (I think Night Slash is better in-game)
    Swords Dance
    X-Scissor

Pretty obvious what this guy does. Swept Lucian with this guy alone, after an SD he Bullet Punched all to an early retirement except Bronzong, and that's what X-Scissor is for. Planned to do the same with Cynthia, but her Garchomp fried me... Pretty solid otherwise

Brave
    Snow Cloak

Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Blizzard (soon to be Superpower)
    Strength

Just to use his attack-power, Strength is there just to do damage. Nearly as good as Scizor in pure power.

Mild
    Trace

Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Magical Leaf (still considering E-ball or Focus Blast, shame to waste a E-ball TM though. Didn't need Focus Blast in E4, and easily killed Whischash)

She (she's female, although Gardevoir can be male) has decent coverage and excellent Sp. Attack, but I'm still thinking about her moveset. And I just love Gardevoir

Calm

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Aqua Ring
    Quick Attack

Though it doesn't have excellent attack, Quick Attack finishes foes better, and can help catching wild pokémon. Pretty obvious what Vaporeon does otherwise.

Naive

Thunderbolt
    Light Screen
    Low Kick
    Swift

He's fast, and has sufficent attacking power. Still considering evolving him though, I'd an like Electivire and I can easily get Electirizers on Diamond. I just need to trade him though. Any help with doing this?

Blog Entries

that looks like a brill team :) i cant believe your infernape is the weak link though :S is it close to learning flare blitz? :)

night slash is definatly better in game :)

i think giving gardevoir energy ball would be a good idea :) you can get them easy enough by finding someone on here to trade it for :)

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Thanks, I bred 4 of these on Diamond, I was a bit bored.

I'll probably switch it out. It was either Calm Mind + Focus Blast/E-ball or just Focus Blast and E-ball. I haven't found the E-ball TM as of yet, but that won't take long.

My Infernape is my weakest link because I can't find a lot of places to level it up, it's way to frail. I have a Lucky Egg, but that doesn't help him as much as the others when 4 getting boost from Lucky egg and being traded. It's in level 52, and I don't know what level he learns Flare Blitz, but I'll check Bulbapedia later.

I think I'll erase the EVs (all random of course) and EV-train them. And maybe replace Infernape. I don't like him all that much anyway. I'm thinking fire, but there's not too many fire-types out there. Or maybe I'll just migrate my Dragonite from FireRed when I've beat E4 for the second time.

Blog Entries

So I'm really frustrated with the e4, and myself for not planning out what I was going to do with my team... untill now.
    So far, I'm rocking;

Rhyperior (lv. 51)
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Rock Polish (no idea why he has this..)
    Hammer Arm

Charizard (lv. 51)
    Fire Spin (again, no idea..)
    Fly
    Flamethrower
    Fire Fang

Torterra (lv. 50)
    Cut
    Rock Climb
    Earthquake
    Razor Leaf

Alakazam (lv. 58)
    Shadow Ball
    Shock Wave (might change that out with thunder... but I'm debating)
    Focus Blast
    Psychic

Gyarados (lv. 48)
    Ice Fang
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall

and I'm constantly switching between an Electrivire (all elec. based attacks), Sneasel (Metal Claw, Ice Punch, Slash, Shadow Claw), Rotom (Frost Rotom), Togekiss (Yawn, Fly, Metronome, Dream Eater), and Giratina (Your standard fresh-caught Giratina. :P). (levels 51, 44, 40, 38 and 47 respectively.)

And I'm getting my face eaten by Cynthia EVERYSINGLETIME! What am I doing wrong? I'm too attached to my Charizard, plus he's pretty high leveled now to use my Houndoom, and I'm slowly but surely leveling up my Gyarados so when he's 50-ish, he'll be able to eat some faces nomnomnom.

All you readers out there, what do you think?

White FC - 2795 4632 2790 Name is Lucky!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox
    Hi.
    Are you the boss?
    YE WOT OF IT?
    Oh, nothing, nothing...just...y'know....D0E4R874!!!

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Here's my Platinum team, and I think I trained them pretty well. Defeating the E4 is not a challenge anymore.

Salamence Lv90 @ Wide Lens
    Rash
    Fire Fang
    Dragon Rush
    Outrage
    Fly
    My best one. Got Dragon Rush through breeding, Outrage through Move tutor and fire fang through move relearner. It usually takes out Lucians whole team, besides Bronzong.

Vaporeon Lv93 @ Mystic Water
    Hardy
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump
    Waterfall
    My surfer. But with its great Sp.Atk its surf makes it an awesome water type. If only it wasnt so slow... Waterfall is just there for convenience. I could replace it.... It has a really high level since it deals with both Bertha and Flint.

Infernape Lv89 @ Black Belt
    Mild
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Blast Burn
    ThunderPunch
    My fire type and fighting type. No normal type can survive when my infernape comes! ThunderPunch is helpful for Water and Flying types.

Staraptor Lv89 @ Sky Plate
    Docile
    Aerial Ace
    Brave Bird
    Fly
    Giga Impact
    My Flyer. I mostly use it for raw power in-battle though.

Metagross Lv84 @ Expert Belt
    Lonely
    Zen Headbutt
    Meteor Mash
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake
    Since I coudnt evolve my Graveler, I decided to put Metagross. It doubles as my Psychic type and my quaker, though quaking is not that useful when it comes to fire types. If I eventually get Golem, then they would probably switch places often. Once again speed is an issue.

Luxray Lv85 @ Leftovers
    Naive
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Fang
    Thunder
    Crunch
    My solid electric type. Crunch comes in use when dealing with Psychic types. And no Gyrados can live for more than 5 seconds. If only it was faster.... Luxray is usually replaced with a Pokémon that I need to train or something, as I find not much need for an Electric type.

So heres my team. Give me some suggestions to make them better, but not full moveset changes. I like their current setting.

EDIT: As an extra, I'm training my Graveler, until I can get it to evolve.

Graveler Lv63
    Timid
    Rock Blast
    Earthquake
    ThunderPunch
    Rock Smash
    Now, obviously this one needs some work.
    1) Rock Blast needs to be replaced with either Rock Slide or Stone Edge.
    2) Rock Smash needs to be replaced with some other move that is useful.
    So either I have both Rock Slide and Stone edge or one if them, and some other useful move.

So people, help me out here.

Note: Levels are due to change without any notice.
    Last edited by Blazaking; 27th June 2009 at 04:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Restarted FireRed because I miss my Mewtwo, and here's my team so far:

Ivysaur (Starter obviously)
    lv 29
    Nature: Rash
    ~ Razor Leaf
    ~ Secret Power
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Leech Seed

Gyarados
    lv 30
    Lonely
    Item: BlackGlasses
    ~ Surf
    ~ Secret Power
    ~ Bite
    ~ Dragon Rage

Clefable
    lv 30
    Jolly
    ~ Mega Punch
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Water Pulse
    ~ Shock Wave
    (This thing is a beast... if only Mega Kick had Mega Punch's PP)

Nidoking
    lv 31
    ~ Dig
    ~ Strength
    ~ Rock Tomb
    ~ Brick Break

Nidoqueen
    lv 30
    Impish
    ~ Dig
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Attract
    ~ Double Team

Gahhh... I hate that I don't have better moves... actually Clefable's Atk and SpA are very close so that isn't much of an issue... but seeing as she has the best moveset out of all of them, that just shows my lack of options :/ I'm at Koga right now... all I have left are Nidoqueen and Nidoking (newest additions to the team)... currently Nidoqueen has Attracted and maxed Double Team against Weezing (Koga's final) and now has it down to half health. I'm probably going to switch to Nidoking for the kill since a potion would be devastating to this battle (and would most likely cause my loss).

This battle with Koga goes down as the longest stall-war I've ever been in, both competitively and in-game.

After this I'm doing some serious level-grinding.

EDIT: Koga just used his Hyper Potion on Weezing, putting it back at max health, but now that its entire moveset has been revealed (Tackle/Smokescreen/Toxic/Sludge) and I believe Tackle is out of PP (Yes, Tackle is out of PP. I told you the battle was long), Nidoking shouldn't have any trouble.

EDIT 2: After Nidoqueen ran out of PP, my Struggle war began. Weezing was still having a horrible time of hitting me between being infatuated and me having 6 Double Teams. Koga used another Hyper Potion on Weezing, and Nidoqueen got Weezing down to half health before being KOd by Weezing's Sludge. Nidoking came out and made the KO.
    Last edited by Wiilio; 25th June 2009 at 03:36 PM.

is confusing your Pokémon Zangoose Vamoose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blazaking EX View Post
    Here's my Platinum team, and I think I trained them pretty well. Defeating the E4 is not a challenge anymore.
    Give Infernape Grass Knot to take out pesky water types.

If you want to trade-trade back your Graveller to evolve it I'll gladly do it. I need to trade-trade back my Duskclops with someone to evolve it too.

National Dex - 444/493

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zangoose Vamoose View Post
    Give Infernape Grass Knot to take out pesky water types.

If you want to trade-trade back your Graveller to evolve it I'll gladly do it. I need to trade-trade back my Duskclops with someone to evolve it too.
    Id rather give it Thunder Punch as I can use that against Flying types too.

Yeah, I have alot of trade-evos due. Electabuzz, Rhydon, Graveler, the list goes on and on.

But, lets stop going off-topic now

Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast