The In-Game Team Advice Thread - Page 103
Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1791

Thread: The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Default Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Quaggington View Post
    Hello, everyone! I've beaten the game in White 2, and I'm thinking of using the team I went through the game with to take on the White Treehollow/PWT and to get good enough to beat my friends' teams. Please note that I cannot change natures or get Egg Moves on these guys, since I wouldn't want to undo my hard work, but help on movesets would be appreciated.

Leavanny ♂ Lv. 76 Nature: Timid
    Ability: Chlorophyll, Item: Miracle Seed
    Moves: Return, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, X-Scissor

Lucario ♂ Lv. 76 Nature: Calm
    Ability: Steadfast, Item: Expert Belt
    Moves: Extremespeed, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Dragon Pulse

Electivire ♂ Lv. 76 Nature: Rash
    Ability: Motor Drive, Item: Magnet
    Moves: Giga Impact, Wild Charge, Thunderbolt, Strength

Arcanine ♀ Lv. 76 Nature: Rash
    Ability: Intimidate, Item: Scope Lens
    Moves: Extremespeed, Flamethrower, Wild Charge, Dig

Sandslash ♀ Lv. 76 Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Sand Veil, Item: Soft Sand
    Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Dig

Golduck ♀ Lv. 77 Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Cursed Body, Item: Mystic Water
    Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Zen Headbutt
    Leavanny looks fine to me.
    I would personally have Dark Pulse (which you can get from the move relearner) on Lucario over Flash Cannon. It gives coverage over psychic and ghosts, and Flash Cannon is only super effective against ice and rock, which Aura Sphere would be much better for.
    I don't really see a need for both Strength and Giga Impact. I really don't like Giga Impact as a move, and I would put Earthquake or Brick Break on it. You could probably replace Strength with Return.
    Arcanine looks fine. I usually prefer Crunch over Extremespeed, but it's too late for that. But Extremespeed is still great.
    There's no need to have Earthquake and Dig on Sandslash. I'd recommend Poison Jab for coverage against grass types, but Gyro Ball, Brick Break, X-Scissor, and Shadow Claw are all also great.
    Get Zen Headbutt off of Golduck right now. Psychic is 100 times better due to 100% accuracy, stronger base power, and Golduck having better special attack than attack.

Blog Entries

Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

@Quaggington; Golduck can't have Cursed Body...
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

This is my Battle Revolution(an awesome GenIV game) team:

Salamence with Wide Lens(252sp.atk/252spd)
    (Modest): Intimidate
    -Fire Blast
    -Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Protect

Yanmega with Focus Sash (252sp.atk/252spd)
    (Modest): Speed Boost
    -Bug Buzz
    -Air Slash
    -Hidden Power(Ground)
    -Detect

-Leafeon with Shell Bell? (252atk/252sp.atk)
    (Adamant): Leaf Gaurd
    -Leaf Blade
    -X-scissor
    -Dig
    -Swords Dance

Milotic with Leftovers (252sp.atk/100def/100sp.def/54hp)weird? not really.
    (Modest): Marvel Scale
    -Surf/Hydro Pump(can't decide)
    -Ice Beam
    -Aqua Ring
    -Recover/Dragon Pulse

Metagross with Life Orb (252atk/252def)
    (Adamant): Clear Body
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Bullet Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Meteor Mash/Earthquake

Blaziken with ??? (252atk/252spd)
    (Adamant): Blaze
    -Flare Blitz
    -Drain Punch
    -Agility
    -Swords Dance
    Strange, but designed to let Blaziken Sweep. Drain Punch Recovers the damege that the Blaze Pokemon took while it boosted its Attack and Speed and Flare Blitz is just strong.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I'm looking to start a new game in my Platinum and don't know which starter to pick. I'll use any of them, honestly; I like them all. Any preferences?

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I'm looking to start a new game in my Platinum and don't know which starter to pick. I'll use any of them, honestly; I like them all. Any preferences?
    Go with Piplup. You can't go wrong with Piplup<3

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Default Help on Leaf Green Team

So me and my friends are starting something up in Fire Red and Leaf Green where we battle eachother every week without knowing eachothers Pokemon. No legendaries and we're only allowed to use the pre-National Pokedex Pokemon. So here's what my plan was for my starting 6:

Charizard
    Jolteon
    Snorlax
    Alakazam
    Lapras
    6th spot still open

I know it's not a great team so any suggestions for my 6th spot or any replacements for my other 5 would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Help on Leaf Green Team

You have a great team there. I would recommend Aerodactyl or Dragonite, or even Starmie, but you already have Lapras there, so it would be kind of redundant to have two Water types. Machamp and Gengar are good options as well. Not too many people use Nidoking, but I'm pretty fond of it and I think it's a great Pokémon.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by zatchj62 View Post
    So me and my friends are starting something up in Fire Red and Leaf Green where we battle eachother every week without knowing eachothers Pokemon. No legendaries and we're only allowed to use the pre-National Pokedex Pokemon. So here's what my plan was for my starting 6:

Charizard
    Jolteon
    Snorlax
    Alakazam
    Lapras
    6th spot still open

I know it's not a great team so any suggestions for my 6th spot or any replacements for my other 5 would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    All right I suspect Legendaries are out of the question for now at least...

I think the team is pretty solid. I personally would add Nidoking (or Nidoqueen if you prefer) as the last Pokemon. It is easy to raise, can learn a huge variety of moves, has decent offensive and defensive stats and also you get a moon stone early in the game. You need to trade Kadabra to evolve it to Alakazam but I think you know that anyway.

Another option would be Machamp which is a good fighting but I personally don't like it much.

Anyway I have played fir red multiple times and my usual starting team before I get to use some legendaries is.
    Charizard (My favourite Pokemon since I was a kid.)
    Pikachu and later Jolteon (Zapdos is the final electric I get though. Which can be obtained right after the Elite if I remember correctly.)
    Graveler (Golem if I get to trade it.)
    Kadabra (Alakazam if I get to trade it. Finally and after lots of GreatBalls I get MewTwo. :P)
    Gyarados (It can cover water type while using dragon moves to bust it up. I change it for Suicune.)
    Nidoking (I teach it 1 Bug, 1 Posion, 1 Dark and 1 Ground moves.)

I hope this helps. And I can give you a full team with moves if you want but it's always more fun to decide some stuff on your own and make it your own personal team. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    You have a great team there. I would recommend Aerodactyl or Dragonite, or even Starmie, but you already have Lapras there, so it would be kind of redundant to have two Water types. Machamp and Gengar are good options as well. Not too many people use Nidoking, but I'm pretty fond of it and I think it's a great Pokémon.
    Honestly I was planning on using Aerodactyl so you kind of helped me confirm. I'm considering Nidoking as well, though. My last run-through I had Dragonite, and while I love it as a Pokemon, it's a b*tch for me to deal with Dratini and Dragonair.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20
    All right I suspect Legendaries are out of the question for now at least...

I think the team is pretty solid. I personally would add Nidoking (or Nidoqueen if you prefer) as the last Pokemon. It is easy to raise, can learn a huge variety of moves, has decent offensive and defensive stats and also you get a moon stone early in the game. You need to trade Kadabra to evolve it to Alakazam but I think you know that anyway.

Another option would be Machamp which is a good fighting but I personally don't like it much.

Anyway I have played fir red multiple times and my usual starting team before I get to use some legendaries is.
    Charizard (My favourite Pokemon since I was a kid.)
    Pikachu and later Jolteon (Zapdos is the final electric I get though. Which can be obtained right after the Elite if I remember correctly.)
    Graveler (Golem if I get to trade it.)
    Kadabra (Alakazam if I get to trade it. Finally and after lots of GreatBalls I get MewTwo. :P)
    Gyarados (It can cover water type while using dragon moves to bust it up. I change it for Suicune.)
    Nidoking (I teach it 1 Bug, 1 Posion, 1 Dark and 1 Ground moves.)

I hope this helps. And I can give you a full team with moves if you want but it's always more fun to decide some stuff on your own and make it your own personal team. :)
    A Nidoking suggestion as well. I think I'll have to decide between Aerodactyl and Nidoking. I've never really used either one...could anyone suggest good movesets for them?

(Yes I know I need to trade to evolve Alakazam :) haha. I've played Pokemon my entire life just never been into battling other people often)
    Last edited by zatchj62; 13th March 2013 at 10:43 AM.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

A Nidoking suggestion as well. I think I'll have to decide between Aerodactyl and Nidoking. I've never really used either one...could anyone suggest good movesets for them.
    OK, I am drunk right now so excuse me if say something really stupid... I cannot give you a good move-set for Aerodactil as I have never used one in my team but I know it is one off the few Pokemon with such a high attacks speed in Red and Green.'

For Nidoking:
    Shadow Ball (Dark) - You have to teach it by using the TM.
    Sludge Bomb (Poison) - You have to teach it by using the TM.
    Earthquake (Ground) - You have to teach it by using the TM.
    Megahorn (Insect) - Be careful! If you pass lvl 43 while it is still a Nidorino it will not learn Megahorn cause Nidoking learns it at lvl 43. Then your only option is to go for lvl 53 Nidorino which learns Horn Drill which is a one hit KO attack but has an accuracy of 30... while Megahorn has 120 Dmg and an accuracy of 85. That is why I prefer Megahorn.

This pretty much covers most of the move types the rest of the party might not contain. Of course I made this move-set for my Nidoking to fit with the party I usually make, which I posted on my previous post...

Blog Entries
    Follow Cerberuswaltz On Twitter
    Follow Cerberuswaltz on Tumblr Visit Cerberuswaltz's Youtube Channel

Oh, might I get a review? This would be delightful! I'm currently in Black2 (had to start over) and my current team consists of:
    Emboar
    Escalavier
    Leavanny
    Drillbur
    Herdier
    Minccino

I know for a fact I won't be evolving my Minccino because he's too cute, so I gave him an Evolite. I plan to drop Leavanny and Herdier later for both a water and a flying type (not exactly in the same Pokemon). I'm thinking a Frillish .... but I can't decide my flying type. I might go to the dream world, the sky zone, and see what I can find. No rush since my next gym is Elesa ....

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    A Nidoking suggestion as well. I think I'll have to decide between Aerodactyl and Nidoking. I've never really used either one...could anyone suggest good movesets for them.
    OK, I am drunk right now so excuse me if say something really stupid... I cannot give you a good move-set for Aerodactil as I have never used one in my team but I know it is one off the few Pokemon with such a high attacks speed in Red and Green.'

For Nidoking:
    Shadow Ball (Dark) - You have to teach it by using the TM.
    Sludge Bomb (Poison) - You have to teach it by using the TM.
    Earthquake (Ground) - You have to teach it by using the TM.
    Megahorn (Insect) - Be careful! If you pass lvl 43 while it is still a Nidorino it will not learn Megahorn cause Nidoking learns it at lvl 43. Then your only option is to go for lvl 53 Nidorino which learns Horn Drill which is a one hit KO attack but has an accuracy of 30... while Megahorn has 120 Dmg and an accuracy of 85. That is why I prefer Megahorn.

This pretty much covers most of the move types the rest of the party might not contain. Of course I made this move-set for my Nidoking to fit with the party I usually make, which I posted on my previous post...
    Drunk this early?

And I'm going to use Nidoking. I have another question, though. Of Charizard, Alakazam, Jolteon, Lapras, Snorlax, Nidoking, what Pokemon should I send out first when I don't know what their's will be. I was thinking Snorlax.
    Last edited by zatchj62; 13th March 2013 at 01:31 PM.

Blog Entries

I think Snorlax is a good choice, especially if he has the right move set and ability (Thick Fat) to deal with any Pokemon they send out. Unless they send out a fighting type or a Pokemon that knows a fighting type move (Brick Break is common) then you wouldn't have to worry about too too much. Lapras is always a good choice, too, with it's high HP and special and only weakness to electricity (I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberuswaltz View Post
    I think Snorlax is a good choice, especially if he has the right move set and ability (Thick Fat) to deal with any Pokemon they send out. Unless they send out a fighting type or a Pokemon that knows a fighting type move (Brick Break is common) then you wouldn't have to worry about too too much. Lapras is always a good choice, too, with it's high HP and special and only weakness to electricity (I believe).
    Do you think I should teach Shadow Ball to Nidoking or a different Pokemon then? The only type I can't easily take care of is ghost, so a dark move would really help

Blog Entries

I personally don't think you need to teach a Pokemon Shadow Ball... considering your only weak Pokemon to that type is Alakazam... the rest will more then likely be able to hold up to the ghost type (especially Haunter, who is blindingly fast anyways). However, if you do teach it to him then Nidoking, as stated, is a good idea. Shadow Ball has a lot of power and Nidoking should have a great attack stance. But your team should be able to deal with the ghost type by themselves normally, since they have low defense and/or special defense generally (especially if you teach Jolteon Bite). (Minus the Duskull tree)