In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'?

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Default Re: In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'?

Pokemon that I like every time. I'm not really that good of a competitive battling so I see no point in only picking the greatest and strongest just for the sake of it. One thing I love about Nuzlockes is that it forces you to use Pokemon you wouldn't ordinarily use and helps you discover even more that you like. Mienshao, Volcarona, Mandibuzz, Gothithelle, Jellicent, Chandelure, Cofagrigus and not to mention the Snivy line are just a few I discovered simply through the Nuzlocke and they all were great Pokemon. Even without the excuse of Nuzlocke I have old favourites: Eevee and the Eeveelutions (Especially Jolteon, Espeon and Glaceon) of which I will always try to use at least one: the Oshawott line, Froslass, Roserade, Staraptor, Absol, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Altaria, Vileplume, Scraggy, Meowth, Ampharos, Raichu, PIKACHU, Victreebel, Ninetails, Nidoqueen, Magnezone, Lilligant, Milotic, the Treeko line, Linoone, Mespirit, Furret, Lucario, Wigglytuff, the Bulbasaur line, Garchomp, the Cyndaquil line, Clefable, Crobat...

I'd keep going on but I'd keep remembering more Pokemon I have used and loved to bits. It's so exciting forming a team of Pokemon you really like and can teach moves to (And thank you gen V for making TMs reusable!) I do tend to go for the cute, graceful and some might say "girlie" Pokemon but I have some manly favourites too. I think only picking strong Pokemon is boring because very quickly all teams start to look the same. So yes, forever my favourites! And as I said that isn't to say I'll try out new things but if I know I can catch an old favourite in an area, I will try to get it and use it. And when you're torn between your favourites? That is so hard!

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Default Re: In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'?

First comes like, then comes strong. Fortunately, a lot of the Pokémon I like are strong. Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Whimsicott is the best troll evar, Espeon, Gengar (mainly a vacuum cleaner that takes out the remains of one's team), Ampharos, Lucario, and more.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

It depends.
    It is usually that I have an idea what type(s) I want to have in my team and then I fill the places with pokémon falling into this criteria who randomly pop out and at that moment I want that one (it is quite random. Like I´ve never had an electric type in my teams and haven´t feel the need to change it. Then suddenly I had to catch a wild Shinx, because I fell in love with it. I´ve never regretted that). Or I randomly decided to raise the Togepi which hatched in SoulSilver even though I never planned to use it in my team.

Or when I played Black, I thought that I will catch Gothita and raise it to my psychic type in team. Then I went to the desser, saw Sigylyph and knew, that I want that one.

But sometimes I pick some more powerful ones just because I need to have at least one powerhouse. Then usually happens that I begin to like it. This is how I begun to like Gyarados.

So it´s like the combination of uefulness and pesonal preferencies. And my mood when I´m catching it.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

hi

I choose them ether because I like them or because I'm doing a challenge.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

It's more the looks for me than anything, I chose Liepard because it's a cat regardless of it's low stats.

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

I choose a poke coz it appeals to me and I like the design. I generally don't care if it's good or not, just ev train it and audino grind it to some acceptable level.

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Blog Entries
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

Normally both, but I have raised a Beautifly before, not exactly an example of sheer power, and I have played the Gen V games where I dont like most pokémon.... so.. compromises do happen :D

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know this post is nothing new, but I prefer to use Pokemon I like, both during the story and for traveling with me at all times. For example, I'd rather use Samurott, Serperior, and Emboar over Amoonguss, Reuniclus, and Archeops. Of course, at places like the Battle Subway and the Pokemon World Tournament (where I haven't used a whole lot of Pokemon, as of now), I'm willing to use any Pokemon.

I like a combination of both. The Pokemon I use in game are the starters, Pidgeot, Raticate, Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Swellow, Linoone, Manectric, Absol, Salamence, Metagross, Staraptor, Bibarel, Floatzel, Garchomp, Lucario, Unfezant, Stoutland, Zoroark, Volcarona, and Hydreigon. I generally catch as early on as possible. Most are indeed very strong. Others are cool looking. The rest are for early game only or Fly. I generally do use the main legendary mascot.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

I usually stick with the ones I think look cool, but I also try to make them as tough as I can for competitive play.

Blog Entries

I do like strong Pokémon but the ones I like aren't overly strong, so it's kind of a lose-lose situation.

Especially when I see a Pokémon I like take 1-3 hits before fainting to a Computer controlled character.

But I generally don't care, I prefer the ones that I like.

But I do prefer fully evolved over unevolved, any day. That's the point of Pokémon, to me, evolve them to their final form and really begin to kick their butt.

And to prove I don't care, about a Pokémon's strength. In my leaf green, my Raticate was an important team member, sure my Raticate got replaced, but that was for later Pokémon that I like more. And to be straight up honest I don't like Raticate all that much. I just chose Raticate for something different.

If it's an extremely powerful Pokemon that I really hate (e.g. Slaking) then I won't use it, and vice-versa.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345