In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'?

I use Pokemon who are not only strong but also my favorites. Sometimes, this makes things difficult if you're trying to create a well-balanced team type wise and color wise.

Follow theRagingEwok On Twitter

Default Re: In Game Pokemon: do you choose because you like them or they're 'strong'?

most of the guys I catch are from the first few routes. Its really more of a question of WHO I encounter first mostly. Power is a factor, but if the difference between two pokes are negligible, then ill go with the on ive had for the longer period of time or the one which I like more.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

That's pretty hard question. It really depends of the situation and my mood.
    For example, there's an Azumarill in my Emerald team and nowadays I have no idea why. Needed a surfer I guess, but its stats are terrible.
    In my White 2 I chose as my starter Snivy even thought I really didn't liked it at first...but I already had Emboar and Dewott in my White team. However, I really grew up to liking him and now there's no way I could hate him. Also, in the same game I picked a Roggenrola just for beating Burgh, but after he stayed for a while in my team and totally killed Elesa's Zebstrika like a boss I decided to keep him. That thing also killed White Kyurem. With one single Stone Edge.

I usually use the Pokémon I just like, for example in my HeartGold team there's a Croconaw who's level 96 already and I won't let it evolve because it's my favorite Pokémon. Too bad that he sucks in the battles.
    So yeah...sometimes I just somehow pick them and start using without thinking that much. Sometimes I actually plan to use certain Pokémon for testing if it can do anything useful in a real battle. And sometimes...I just don't know.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I choose whatever is the easiest to get. Sometimes, that's as simple as trading a Modest Eevee from Black to B2 to get a Vaporeon like I did or just catching whatever I want (Mareep, Trapinch on B2).

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I will always choose some Pokemon in my team because they are strong (eg. Venusaur, Crobat, Gardevoir, Dragonite, Staraptor, Tyranitar, Conkeldurr, Lucario), but I will also choose Pokemon that are purely like for their design and maybe not for their battling capabilities (Pidgeot, Quagsire, Slaking, Blastoise, Gallade, Meganium, Krookodile, Flygon). One thing I'm also trying to do now is use Pokemon that are weak, but make the most of their best stats, ability, etc. For example, I'm playing Black again at the moment, and I decided to put a Serperior on my team - it's a weak Pokemon, but I'm using the most of it by using its high Speed stat and moveset.

Shining Monstrosity Elesa Ver 2.0's Avatar

My team atm is Serperior, Seviper, Charizard, Salamence, Aggron, and Crawdaunt... so....
    I thINk sOMeTHinG WeNT wRonG wiTH thAt LaST updAtE

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to have Pokemon that I like in my party. Although, it tends to be a combination of what I like and how 'strong' they are.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

The Pokemon I choose are the ones that I like; I figure I can bring out their inner strength via EV training. Hey, most wouldn't consider Golett a powerhouse but give me a couple of hours to train one and you may be surprised.

Ofcourse I choose what I like~ Who wouldn't? I mean, even those who choose strong Pokemon over others still like those Pokemon. (For their strengths, atleast haha)

I used Minun in my Emerald team and she became one of my best. I use Flygon because it's one of my favourites. I've used Buneary in my Diamond-I love its moveset~ I've completed games with unevolved Pokemon, such as Totodile, Flaaffy and Togetic, just fine!I've never evolved an Ivysaur. My Raichu has beaten a Tyrannitar by himself. Sometimes I prefer not evolving Pokemon just because it's more fun and challenging, especially if I prefer the design. I've even used a Pidgey (named Fethadust) in PBR. Ahhh, the good times.
    But all Pokemon are cool, except for you, Jynx.

o.<;;

I have even chosen my competitive team because I like them-such as Kecleon and Zoroark. But I would definitely keep Zoroark as a Zorua in game~
    To be honest, I much prefer battling those who use their favourites. c: Good on them~

Smile~

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

I used to just catch and raise the ones I like, not really caring about the stats and stuff, and then my friend got into competitive battling and told me about Smogon... but anyways, now I'm back to raising the ones I like, I don't really care much for competitive battling anymore, as long as I can beat the NPCs and wild Pokémon, I don't really care how strong my team is against other people's.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually just try to cram as many types as possible into one team. I don't pay attention to stats much, unless a Pokemon is famous (or infamous) for being very good (or bad) in a certain stat. Then I try to make the most of that, such as my Slowpoke, who knows Curse.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

For the most part, I don't really care too much about how "good" a Pokemon is, so my team is assembled from Pokemon I like with a large enough type spread. It's only really if I notice that a Pokemon is significantly not pulling its weight compared to others that I start to consider usability over personal preference.

Sassy in a hat VoltChen Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow VoltChen Magneton On Twitter Add VoltChen Magneton on Facebook

I just use my favorites, but other else I choose what I don't usually use; and I prefer not using legendaries.
    "Legends say that if you said Sehun's name in front of the mirror three times, Luhan will appear and ask, 'Where?'"

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

I tend to use Pokemon that I always use. Fortunately though you can always start a new game and try something new.

I think the best Pokemon games are the originals, mainly because I am 22 and that is what I grew up with. So I use a Nidoking, Snorlax, Charizard, Alakazam, Gengar, Arcanine, or Articuno every single chance I get. Being a Pokemon fan as hard core as I am I let my Pokemon represent me. :)

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

A mix of both. I use the best available ones in the first playthrough but experiment more in subsequent playthroughs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast