Game Guide Mess ups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Guide Mess ups

Default Game Guide Mess ups

Well im not to entierly sure if this is the right spot for this, but if it's not im sure it will end up in the right spot.

Post things in the pokemon guide books you found that where dead wrong or just amusing.

*opens his official nintendo power diamond/pearl guid book and goes to page 60 and reads the Pokemon Note on Drifloon*

Drifloon
    Type: Ghost/Flying
    Ability: Acrobatic/Detonate
    ... EH!?

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Default Re: Game Guide Mess ups

I have one where it says Dugtrio is a Pokémon that "focuses on defense".

WORK MAKES YOU FREE Shokktrooper's Avatar

In the Pokemon Emerald Guide, it showed a screenshot of the player throwing a Master Ball at a Loudred with about 1 HP left.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

I have the book, and it has many mistakes in it, including misspellings of 'Bidoof', 'Girafarig', and others.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a Ruby/Sapphire guidebook, and at the Pokedex section, every time the TM for Shadow Ball was listed as learnable by a Pokemon, it was labled as Shadow Punch.

Also had a G/S guidebook that said Kingdra couldn't learn Headbutt, when Seadra could.

Now I gotta go through my Yellow version guidebook and report the mistakes in there. I can't think of any off the top of my head, except it says to trade your Pokemon to a friend, then trade back, so they'll get the boosted exp.

With a mustache.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a booK claming that budew elvolvs into luxray WTF!

Oh boy. I have the the Official Pokemon Advanced Handbook #4 that is filled with errors. Its basically a book form of the Pokedex, including every 3rd Gen Pokemon except Jirachi and Deoxys. The first error is that Ralts doesn't evolve. Kirlia evolves into Gardevoir but Ralts isn't even in the family at all. The same thing happens with Trapinch, where it doesn't evolve at all, and Vibrava evolves in to Flygon. I actually believed that one, because Trapinch looks nothing like the other two. The next is that a picture claims Huntail evolves into Gorebyss. And Salamence is only Dragon type, not Flying. and Nincada is a Psychic type. Taillow is only Flying. I'm sure there is more, but I can't find them all.

While this is not necessarily an error, this particular Pokedex book is significantly lacking when it comes to info about Pokemon. The first book in the series told how and what level a Pokemon evolved and what it evolved into. This one only says "Evolution:None" when the Pokemon evolves. If it does evolve, there is just nothing there. The lack of quality is astounding.
    I claimed Squirtle.

My SoulSilver Info:
    Name: Allan
    Friend Code: 0818 5931 2255

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    In the Pokemon Emerald Guide, it showed a screenshot of the player throwing a Master Ball at a Loudred with about 1 HP left.
    This... isn't really a "mess up". Pointless, yes, but not a error.

Blog Entries

I've got one, in the DP Pokedex book from Prima it says in this type strategy section that "gengar can put it's opponents asleep with hypnosis and then catch them off unaware with the powerful move dream eater." then it has roserade under the grass section and it says the same exact thing for gengar, it even call it gengar under roserade xD. It's just a printing mistake but funny if you ask me. Also it calls the move Draco meteor "meteor rain."
    Saudade

I had a guide that was more like a pokedex in book form back when there were only 151 pokemon (& Togepi) & the guide said Dragonite was weak to fighting attacks. WTF

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Official Nintendo Power Colosseum guide refers to Razor Leaf by its Japanese name, Leaf Cutter, at one point...I believe when talking about weaknesses and resistances and using the middle Johto starters as an example.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

I believe my Pokémon Colosseum guide claims Sableye is weak to bug, despite the fact that every other table and chart in the book screams otherwise. I also have a different book (not actually a guide, but whatever) that says Pikachu will beat Golem because "water types are strong against rock types. One last thing: Is anyone else familiar with the Scholastic/Sunkern=1inch tall fiasco? Because I am. And I can report that, seven years later, they haven't admitted to their mistake yet.
    EDIT: I am all too familiar with what rbogey is talking about. I particularly remember when they gave Torchic Tentacool's movepool. The lulz were quite epic indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I have a booK claming that budew elvolvs into luxray WTF!
    lol that would make for an interesting episode, the Budew that dreams of evolving into Luxray. XD

ah, In my prima guide for Colosseum page 62, Researcher Kotan's pokemon, Electrode, Magneton and Ampharos... show's Rayquaza as Magneton. ^^;

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

screw dusk balls. I want these awesome dark balls the guide keeps going on about.

Also, since when was Dragon Pulse a physical move?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

It's not that much of an error, but it's pretty weird. The Prima Emerald guide lists Feebas' encounter rate as "Very rare". I wasted hours of my life looking for it until I discovered Bulbapedia. Its location had my jaw on the floor. I never expected that, and the guide said you encountered it by SURFING, not fishing. Maybe they wanted to keep its secret location a... secret. I doubt it, however, and the surfing/fishing error is clear.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast