Friend safari research thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friend safari research thread

Default Re: Friend safari research thread

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    I was not talking about both playing the 3ds online not on x and y, but talking about both people playing x and y not connected to the internet near each other irl. It definitely registers that the person is there, but I am wondering if doing that would cause the third pokemon to be discoverable.
    Nope.

We know the 3rd Pokemon is available after they've beaten the game, but that information isn't exchanged outside the games themselves.

If you've been battling/trading with someone in XY and get prompted to register them as a friend, you can access all three of their Safari Pokemon right away (so long as they've beaten the game). BUT if you register them as a Friend at the system level (from your 3DS Friends List page), you only get to access two of their Safari Pokemon right away because the game doesn't know whether they've beaten their game or not (in fact, the game doesn't even know if they have XY at all). To get their 3rd Pokemon you both need to be playing XY at the same time so your PSS can exchange info.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I was not talking about both playing the 3ds online not on x and y, but talking about both people playing x and y not connected to the internet near each other irl. It definitely registers that the person is there, but I am wondering if doing that would cause the third pokemon to be discoverable.
    Nope.

We know the 3rd Pokemon is available after they've beaten the game, but that information isn't exchanged outside the games themselves.

If you've been battling/trading with someone in XY and get prompted to register them as a friend, you can access all three of their Safari Pokemon right away (so long as they've beaten the game). BUT if you register them as a Friend at the system level (from your 3DS Friends List page), you only get to access two of their Safari Pokemon right away because the game doesn't know whether they've beaten their game or not (in fact, the game doesn't even know if they have XY at all). To get their 3rd Pokemon you both need to be playing XY at the same time so your PSS can exchange info.
    I am talking about two people both playing X or Y, both have beaten the elite four playing offline near each other. Would that reveal the third pokemon?
    Official claimer of Volcarona
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984
    Fighting safari:mienfoo-pancham-hariyama

I am talking about two people both playing X or Y, both have beaten the elite four playing offline near each other. Would that reveal the third pokemon?
    They're both playing XY at the same time, so yes.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Blog Entries

Well I was able to register my friend who has no friend code, and pokemon DID show up. however I wasn't able to get the third pokemon to show up due to the other person not having their pokemon Y with them.
    It was grass with oddish, and petilil.
    This means that the friend code means NOTHING in determining it. so that leaves either complete randomness(unlikely), or based on other settings.
    That doesn't make sense. How does that not determine the result of the pokemon? As the codes are put in, the computers registers what kind the pokemon the person could have if they got the game. It can't be just random numbers.
    I love cats and all things cute!
    With that said, let's all cheer for our favorite cat Pokemon!

X Friend Safari: Abra, Espurr, and Duosion

*Image not create by me.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Skittypaws View Post
    Well I was able to register my friend who has no friend code, and pokemon DID show up. however I wasn't able to get the third pokemon to show up due to the other person not having their pokemon Y with them.
    It was grass with oddish, and petilil.
    This means that the friend code means NOTHING in determining it. so that leaves either complete randomness(unlikely), or based on other settings.
    That doesn't make sense. How does that not determine the result of the pokemon? As the codes are put in, the computers registers what kind the pokemon the person could have if they got the game. It can't be just random numbers.
    Well, there are 2 options left. Either the fc is stored on a 3ds before connecting to the internet, or friend safari is determined by other things, either way it would help if I had an extra 3ds.
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

I have a theory. Type and pokemon are based off of sets of 3 numbers, instead of sets of 4.

for example the first three determine the type, the second three determine the first pokemon, the third set determine the second pokemon, and the fourth set determine the third pokemon.

I joined this forum for the soul purpose of trying to figure out the relationship between friend safaris and friend codes

my fc is 1177-7675-8984
    pokemon are heracross, beautifly and parasect

also i have done a little reasearch before coming here, mainly on grass type safaris. My opinion is to look at codes that are similar rather than safaris that are the same.

They're both useful. For example, these three people all have Minccino, Lillipup, and Eevee Safaris:
    - 0576-4734-8568
    - 2337-4059-3392
    - 3780-9464-5597

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    They're both useful. For example, these three people all have Minccino, Lillipup, and Eevee Safaris:
    - 0576-4734-8568
    - 2337-4059-3392
    - 3780-9464-5597
    all of them have 2 even and 2 odd (or 0, i consider that as a even number) for the first 4 numbers.

first class asshole

Trophies

the third pokemon in the safari with no code is maractus
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

Blog Entries

I think I know what you are trying to say.

The idea that makes the most sense to me is that the code is received the first time you connect to the internet. The code is stored in the 3DS and used for all games, and not just one game. If you were to connect two DSs, the information would be passed and identified as friend.

Now, both people need to be on the internet at the same time to get all three Pokemon in the safari. They don't have to battle or trade.

Pokemon X and Y uses the friend code stored in the DS to compute the kind of Pokemon you will receive for your safari.

I also have another idea. What if the first number of each of the four digits was used to determine which generation in which the Pokemon were from.
    I love cats and all things cute!
    With that said, let's all cheer for our favorite cat Pokemon!

X Friend Safari: Abra, Espurr, and Duosion

*Image not create by me.

Master of Pokemon

I registered my friend's 3DS and got his FS, then once he realized he needed an SD card to play the game his FC changed. So I registered him again and I now have him in my friend Safari twice. His two FCs are fairly similar, and his two Safaris are exactly the same(well, the first two Pokes are, and can't check the third because it only recognizes the second FC as having beaten the E4). This leads me to believe that it has more to do with the 3DS that the FC.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Ellron View Post
    I registered my friend's 3DS and got his FS, then once he realized he needed an SD card to play the game his FC changed. So I registered him again and I now have him in my friend Safari twice. His two FCs are fairly similar, and his two Safaris are exactly the same(well, the first two Pokes are, and can't check the third because it only recognizes the second FC as having beaten the E4). This leads me to believe that it has more to do with the 3DS that the FC.
    that is pretty much what my research has concluded to, as my friend has a 3ds that hasn't connected to the internet, and I added her through the local option for addind friends, and played Y at the same time as she did through wireless, and the three pokemon were oddish, petilil, and maractus. So, I currently think that it is determined by the birthday and/or location set for the 3ds when it is first used.
    I beleive that if you use the reformatting data option in the system settings you can change the pokemon in the safari by changing the birthday and or location data( which I would be able to test IF I had a second 3ds)
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

Master of Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ellron View Post
    that is pretty much what my research has concluded to, as my friend has a 3ds that hasn't connected to the internet, and I added her through the local option for addind friends, and played Y at the same time as she did through wireless, and the three pokemon were oddish, petilil, and maractus. So, I currently think that it is determined by the birthday and/or location set for the 3ds when it is first used.
    I beleive that if you use the reformatting data option in the system settings you can change the pokemon in the safari by changing the birthday and or location data( which I would be able to test IF I had a second 3ds)
    Yeah, that makes sense. It's the best theory I've seen so far anyways, and I don't know of anyone who has disproven it. I for one don't want to reformat my 3DS just to test that--I'll stick with not knowing if I have to :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123