Friend safari research thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friend safari research thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Friend safari research thread

My safari is listed below with what's in it. I'm not sure in which order my pokemon are listed though.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

Blog Entries

this thread should help you find more info: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/pokemon-x-y-friend-code-sharing-thead-please-read-first-post-before-posting-156700/ - plenty of fc's listed & most have types known too
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Trophies

Well I was able to register my friend who has no friend code, and pokemon DID show up. however I wasn't able to get the third pokemon to show up due to the other person not having their pokemon Y with them.
    It was grass with oddish, and petilil.
    This means that the friend code means NOTHING in determining it. so that leaves either complete randomness(unlikely), or based on other settings.
    Official claimer of Volcarona
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984
    Fighting safari:mienfoo-pancham-hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    Well I was able to register my friend who has no friend code, and pokemon DID show up. however I wasn't able to get the third pokemon to show up due to the other person not having their pokemon Y with them.
    This means that the friend code means NOTHING in determining it. so that leaves either complete randomness(unlikely), or based on other settings.
    How did you register without a friend code? Pretty sure that's not possible.

Blog Entries

Anyone try any math with freind code and trainer ID? (i,e dividing to see the number, multiplying to see the number. adding)

first class asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Miidas View Post
    Anyone try any math with freind code and trainer ID? (i,e dividing to see the number, multiplying to see the number. adding)
    When you have a friend code listed in your 3DS friends list, they will show up as a safari option, even if they haven't returned the favor. I've got 73 codes added so far, and of those, 24 still haven't added me in return, so even those most of them do play X and/or Y (added through the FC thread), they show up with only two Pokémon, a known type of Pokémon, and no trainer icon, so the trainer ID has no input on what you'll get from the friend safari.
    White 2: Michael 1292-9447-2383

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by LilyStorm View Post
    you have to choose local to add the friend instead of internet, and thus no friend code is required.
    what I am not sure about is if both people need to be connected to the internet for the 3rd pokemon to show up or just being near each other playing the game offline
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

what I am not sure about is if both people need to be connected to the internet for the 3rd pokemon to show up or just being near each other playing the game offline
    For that, I'd say that they'd have to appear on the friend list in the PSS, since all of the ones I've got three in are on that list.
    White 2: Michael 1292-9447-2383

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    For that, I'd say that they'd have to appear on the friend list in the PSS, since all of the ones I've got three in are on that list.
    that would mean playing near each other offline would make it appear, ok.
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

you have to choose local to add the friend instead of internet, and thus no friend code is required.
    I guarantee you that the 3ds still reads the friend code. Are they in your 3ds friend list too? If so, you have their FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    When you have a friend code listed in your 3DS friends list, they will show up as a safari option, even if they haven't returned the favor.
    Not true, the other person does have to register you in return before you can access their Safari. (I've got 26 Friend Codes registered but only 16 of them mutually, and only the latter in Safaris.)

Officially the other player has to have beaten the game before you can get their 3rd Safari Pokemon, however since that is data specific to XY (not the friend system in general) it does imply they must be online at the same time you are (so the games can exchange the relevant info). It's also why you get that generic "?" trainer icon for friends at first, because if they're not online your game can't know what their trainer is supposed to look like.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Trophies

I guarantee you that the 3ds still reads the friend code. Are they in your 3ds friend list too? If so, you have their FC.
    for the fc it shows ????-????-???? instead of numbers
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

That does not mean the game doesn't use FCs for safari though, it just means it doesn't save that info, or shows the other person.

Stupid character limit fo
    Blog Entries

The FC is probably hidden in the 3DS's data, and you don't know what it is until you get on the internet. Probably sticks around even after formatting the data, if anyone wants to try that.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Not true, the other person does have to register you in return before you can access their Safari. (I've got 26 Friend Codes registered but only 16 of them mutually, and only the latter in Safaris.)

Officially the other player has to have beaten the game before you can get their 3rd Safari Pokemon, however since that is data specific to XY (not the friend system in general) it does imply they must be online at the same time you are (so the games can exchange the relevant info). It's also why you get that generic "?" trainer icon for friends at first, because if they're not online your game can't know what their trainer is supposed to look like.
    I was not talking about both playing the 3ds online not on x and y, but talking about both people playing x and y not connected to the internet near each other irl. It definitely registers that the person is there, but I am wondering if doing that would cause the third pokemon to be discoverable.
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast