Friend safari research thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friend safari research thread

Trophies

Lightbulb Friend safari research thread

I have been wondering how exactly the type and pokemon in friend safaris is determined.
    I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the friend code, but I can't seem to find how it is determined from said code.
    These are some of the possibilities.

1.the first 4 numbers determine the first pokemon; second 4 numbers determine the 2nd pokemon; last last 4 for the third pokemon

2.the type is determined by all of the numbers or certain numbers in each section

3.the type is determined by other data on the 3ds/2ds (birthday, name, region, etc), and pokemon is determined my friend code

4.nothing is determined by by the friend code and only determined by info on the 3ds/2ds

5.similar to number 2, but the first pokemon is not neccessarily based off of the first 4 numbers, but could be based off of the 2nd or 3rd sets of 4 number, or every 3rd number etc.

Feel free to help figure out how it is determined.

EDIT: well, now the only 1 left is the hardest to determine.
    Last edited by hakiobo; 22nd January 2014 at 05:48 PM.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Friend safari research thread

I think #1 is the most sound option. At least, it'd be perfect for helping us figure out which Pokémon we have. I still don't know my type, much less my 3 'mons...
    My dream is that every single Pokémon will be part of either a two-stage evolution, a three-stage evolution or a branched evolution by the final Generation years from now. When I see a stand-alone Pokémon, I literally imagine it standing alone. No friends, no family, no one. So let's make sure all of our Pokémon friends get some big families!

Blog Entries

Hmm...what if we could test it out. If we could put our friend codes in the thread and examine each one, we can find out what influence the friend codes have. That is just my idea.
    I love cats and all things cute!
    With that said, let's all cheer for our favorite cat Pokemon!

X Friend Safari: Abra, Espurr, and Duosion

*Image not create by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittypaws View Post
    Hmm...what if we could test it out. If we could put our friend codes in the thread and examine each one, we can find out what influence the friend codes have. That is just my idea.
    I like this idea!
    Mines is: 1478-4291-7605
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittypaws View Post
    I like this idea!
    Mines is: 1478-4291-7605
    Yep yep. My is 2380-3676-4199

*Image not create by me.

That sounds interesting. Mine is:
    0275-7582-3115
    I have a Fire Safari. With Charmeleon, Braxien, and Ponyta. PM me if you need to find out your type/Pokemon.
    FC: 0275-7582-3115

Official claimer of Chespin, Zap Cannon, Defeatist, Chesto Berry, and the Mega Ring!

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To help reseatch:

0216-1667-4195: My stolen 3DS. As far as I know, it gave Bergmite and Spheal (never knew the third pokémon).

1177-7955-5521: My current 3DS. Gives Pikachu, Emolga and Luxio.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Trophies

I have quite a lot of friend codes registered

interesting notes
    * the first set of 4 numbers seems to notbe able to go past a certain point(highest I have is 5386) while the others can go into 9000s

* I have 2 normal ones that start with 4141, and both times the 1st pokemon is lillipup

EDIT: Johnny Boy, I need the pokemon in your fs; Skittypaws - HeroOfDarkness, I got yours from your sig Ziggy Stardust - Bolt The Cat, added yours to the list
    Last edited by hakiobo; 13th January 2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added new fcs to chart

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Simply putting your Friend Code doesn't really say much, you should include your type and Pokemon if you know it. I'll include mine for research:

Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961
    Pokemon in My Safari: Phanpy, Marowak, Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    I have quite a lot of friend codes registered

interesting notes
    * the first set of 4 numbers seems to notbe able to go past a certain point(highest I have is 5386) while the others can go into 9000s

* I have 2 normal ones that start with 4141, and both times the 1st pokemon is lillipup
    This is good, there's a lot we can derive from this. There's more that have 4141, though, and they don't have much in common with the ones that give you Lillipup, though. The two Lillipup ones do share the first 6 digits, though (4141-32).

Blog Entries

You need say 30 safaris that are alk water and have warturtle or such.

Trophies

Should I edit my earlier post to add new friend codes etc or repost the table with new codes?(currently going to do the former)

Blog Entries

Maybe the first four numbers refer to the type that you get to have, since there is smaller amount of types than Pokemon?

How about we group the friend codes in groups starting with the first five numbers in the codes and try to compare them?

Example: (These are not real btw)

4576-9783-0092
    4987-5328-6453
    4257-3958-3092

*Image not create by me.

I got lucky, with Gale Wings Fletchlings in my Flying safari. #1 sounds right.

Pick me or the turtle gets it!

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There's more that have 4141, though, and they don't have much in common with the ones that give you Lillipup, though. The two Lillipup ones do share the first 6 digits, though (4141-32).
    Well I would think that each time it starts with 4141, there is only one choice of pokemon per type of safari, which would make some pokemon linked in a way.
    so, going by 4141 as the first four numbers, the pokemon that are linked would be lillipup, snubbull and munna. we could then see others first four digits that have that pokemon, but we would need to be aware that some pokemon have a 50% chance of being in a slot as opposed to a 25%, which would make them linked to 2 pokemon per type.

Based on that, these pokemon would be linked:munna, snubbull, lillipup, and doduo, and wait nevermind that would make doduo linked to grumpig while we already have a psychic in the group.
    Well, I guess that disproves this idea, so that would mean that the first idea in the original post is false.

well, that would be assuming that the pokemon for each type is calculated the same way.

it would also be useful to have 2 codes that produce the exact same safari.
    Last edited by hakiobo; 13th January 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Trophies

sometime in the near future, I will be able to add a friend to my friend list that hasn't connected to the internet yet(so no friend code), and has beaten Y. If pokemon do appear, that would mean that friend codes have no effect on the pokemon in the safari, which would render almost all research useless, but if that does happen, it would still need to be determined by something, so I will update this when it happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast