Friend Safari - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Friend Safari

Blog Entries

Default Re: Friend Safari

I found my second Friend Safari Shiny today, a Pansear (first was a Gabite). I'm pretty convinced the odds are higher. I'm not sure how long we'll go without knowing the exact odds but it's probably the easiest way to find a Shiny short of chain fishing.

i found 5 shinies i the friend safari. i found a chansey, pancham, magmar, lanturn, and today i found a shiny eevee. im so happy
    3ds fc 4425-2350-7438
    Pokemon X IGN Esteban
    Friend Safari: Bug; Vivillon, Illumise, Butterfree

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I am requiring someone who has a Dragon friend Safari that contains Dragonair. If anybody has has what I am looking for, please PM me. If you need to be convinced to add me, my safari contains Ditto, which can come quite useful for some.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/pokemon-x-y-friend-code-sharing-thead-156700/
    There is someone on the list with a Dragonair in their Safari. I have them in my friends. Just PM them with your friend code and they'll add you back.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou for letting me know. I'll track them down and add them.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Also convinced that odds are higher in the Friend Safari, although I wish we had an exact figure for how much higher the odds are. Got a Shiny Swalot while looking for some random Whirlipede to trade to my friend and she ended up encountering a Shiny Mawile minutes later. (Which ended up being Adamant with perfect IVs in Attack and Speed so I'm jealous.)

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Dang, just got another shiny, a Munna this time. There has to be a much higher rate in the Friend Safari, my luck has never been this good.

It is a fact that Friend Safari has a higher shiny pokemon rate, I dont know how higher it is but I found 3 shiny pokemon on the last 2 days (Bermite, Ponyta and Snorunt).
    bergmite appeared on my 5 encounter, ponyta on my 200+ encounter and snorunt on my 90 encounter.
    right now Im doing some research to find out what are the "shiny friend safari" rules.
    maybe you have to be on the friend safari while your friend is online, maybe you have to be far from the borders, maybe you have to be on a fully unlocked FS.. i dont know this are really just espectulations...

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I'm still convinced it's just luck. I've spent some hours in several safaris the past few days and found nothing.

Yes it is a matter of luck, but you cant deny Friend safari has a increased Shiny pokemon encounter rate.
    how can you explain that almost every shiny pokemon found to date is a Fishing or a Friend safari pokemon?

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

After 90+ hours logged, I was in a Safari and ran in to.....a fucking shiny Sunkern....of all things....I never would have known it was shiny had I not seen the little twinkle animation when the Pokemon is revealed.

From what I've been hearing, finding shinies in the Safari is far more common than else where. Maybe that's what tipping does, is increase your chance of finding one in the Safari, specifically? I'm just speculating, I really have no idea why shinies seem more common in the Safaris.
    BigBadBatter and Silverwynde like this.

I found a shiney Dunsparce, but I'm also finding imposter ditto when the other player is offline (something I thought was impossible).
    ♥ Friend code (Keila): 5026-5839-9241

Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

I found my very first wild shiny EVER and that was a Shiny Boldore. I've been whoring out the Friend Safari and the Wonder Trade almost all week.
    [ Fan Fic: Loving Hope (CH 9) | Breeding Center ]
    3DS Friends Code: 0834-1774-6902 | Friend Safari: Electric - Electrode, Stunfisk & Zebstrika

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

I haven't tried the Friend Safari that much, although the many reports of Shinies being found there attracts my interest. I've been more into chain fishing these days, which has already got me a Shiny Skrelp.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Gee, I'm pretty unlucky for not getting shinies in my 80+ hour game...
    Also, I don't have all Kalos starters in my Friend Safari... ._.

Sounds like the friend safari is good for getting shinys. Anyone know if there's a higher chance in there?

I've not been trying to get Shinies, but I have acquired a Hariyama and Quagisire that are Shiny.

Also, there seems to be an error with Friend Safari's that include Vivillon. Even if you have seen it, when you come to the Friend Safari Selection page, Vivillon isn't shown, but the Pokéball shown beforehand remains. Seems several people have got this, just in case people think it's only their game.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast