First Starter?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Starter?

Default First Starter?

What was your first starter pokemon? From your first game? Did this affect the rest of your pokemon gaming from there on?

Mine was either Charmander or Torchic (I can't remember if my first game was Blue or Ruby). But I always choose fire type starters now. Never going to change.

How about you?
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: First Starter?

My first starter was Cyndaquil for Pokemon Silver. I loved raising it as my first ever Pokemon and that was the only Pokemon I really trained too. Raising Cyndaquil in Silver, as well as in Crystal later on, created a tradition where I choose the Fire type starter in the first game of the new generation, so I'd choose Charmander in Red, Torchic in Ruby and Chimchar in Diamond. Although, I did break that tradition in Black where I chose Oshawott instead due to being unhappy with Tepig evolving into another Fire/Fighting type. I might go back to that tradition in X/Y with Fennekin, depending on what it and the other starters evolve into. Still, choosing Cyndaquil as my first starter Pokemon did make me more eager to use each Fire starter for the most part.

Blog Entries

The first and only time I used a Fire-type starter in a first playthrough was in Pokémon Sapphire. Blaziken just seemed cooler than the other two starters. Then I used Sceptile in Pokémon Emerald and realized that it was way better than Blaziken. lol Honestly speaking, I am not really fond of the Fire-type and most starters of the said type are inferior (in both design and potential) to their Water- and Grass-type counterparts. Fire-type is too much "attack and destroy everything", I prefer other kinds of strategy, like annoying others with Grass-type starters or being a mix of defensive and offensive with the Water-type ones.

Never mind, I misread the thread title.
    Last edited by Reila; 7th September 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Insert funny User Title! Pokefan1103's Avatar

Well, my first starter, out of all of them turned out to be a Shiny Piplup, then I played HGSS, and I got Cyndaquil, Charmander, and Torchic. When I played B/W and BW2 I got Oshawott and then Tepig

Mine was Cyndaquil for heartgold, and i have been choosing fire starters since.

Watch as I ooze power! Magical Doughnut's Avatar

I got Emerald for my seventh birthday, it was my first Pokemon game. When I had to pick my starter, I ended up picking Mudkip, and I had no regrets. Now I usually pick Water type starters. Even though it isn't my favorite starter now, I still have a soft spot for Mudkip.
    Fairy Type Arceus likes this.
    ALLONS-Y!!!

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first starter was Chimchar in Diamond for the mere fact that I love Fire-types. I even picked it again in Platinum. I've also chosen Cyndaquil in HeartGold, Tepig in White, Torchic in Emerald, and Charmander in FireRed. Though, I have played with every starter of every game.

追放されたバカ

Mine was Charmander in Pokemon Red. I don't really think it had an impact on my gaming, but I do lean towards the fire type starters and Charizard might be the reason.

Red - Charmander
    Gold - Totodile
    Ruby - Torchic
    FireRed - Bulbasaur
    Emerald - Treecko
    Diamond - Turtwig
    Platinum - Chimchar
    Heartgold - Chikorita
    Black - Oshawott
    Black2 - Tepig
    X - Fennekin (most likely)

5 Fire, 4 Grass, 2 Water.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Cyndaquil was my first starter, in Pokémon Gold Version.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

My first starter was Chimchar in Pearl since I thought it was the cutest of the three. It didn't have any impact on my other starters since I actually started using the other two types. I've used every starter at least once, but going by main gameplays, I used Chimchar again in Platinum, Squirtle in Firered, Chikorita in SoulSilver, Treecko in Emerald, Oshawott in Black, and Snivy in White 2.

"Can I say I'm back?" Autumnbreeze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

My first starter was Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow. I remember, my sister gave me the game after she beat it when I was about 3 or 4. But out of the actual starters, I believe my first starter was Mudkip in Pokemon Sapphire. I actually use it in competitive battling as a Swampert :P

I then chose Treecko in Emerald, Piplup in Diamond and Platinum, Tepig in Black and Snivy in White 2. I also plan on choosing Froakie in X and Y.

"So it was President White after all!"
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Uh, I think it was Mudkip in Pokemon Ruby? My memory is really hazy of this because 3rd gen is really the only generation in which I've started a new game with like, all three of the starters at one point. @_@ But I'm pretty sure my first playthrough was either Treecko or Mudkip.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first starter was Oshawott. Tepig was actually my favorite design-wise, but then I saw it's other evolutions and was all like "HELL NAW!" Then I considered Snivy, and even though it's evolutions looked cool, I hated how it's first form looked like such a stuck-up snob. So I got Oshawott, because he was adorable and his evolutions looked cool.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine was a Cyndaquil in Silver. Didn't really affect my starter choices that much, but it was a pretty great starter.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

My first ever starter was a Charmander in Red version. However, I didn't know about types effectiveness, and restarted the game when I couldn't get past Brock.

I re-chose Squirtle, who eventually went on to complete my first ever journey.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast