Field effects when turning on game depending on places?

Thread: Field effects when turning on game depending on places?

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Field effects when turning on game depending on places?

Let's say you saved and TURNED OFF the game at Snowpoint City, out in the snow. After a few hours, you turn on the game and find that some of your pokemon have been frozen.

Do you think this is likely to happen?

Of course, the reverse effect could happen. You have pokemons that are frozen. You find a house somehwere and save and turn off the game. After a few hours, you come back and find that the warmth of the house rid the frozen effect.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Field effects when turning on game depending on places?

I've always thought that when you switch off your game, everything will be frozen in time, in which everyone will stop moving. This is kind of supported in Unova, because as far as I know, switching the game on next month will not change the seasons immediately. If it would, coming back from a winter month will really be bad because it's possible to get stuck in winter-accessible places. Only the sky and Berry trees are not affected, though. (On a note: Going in and out of a building will change the season. For the ex-Rocket house, you have those jump ledges to allow the player to go away when seasons change.)

Still, based on this, I couldn't explain how luring Pokemon with honey works, though.

Thanks for reading.
    “Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Thats very interesting! I think that would and should definitely happen, if you were standing outside in the freezing cold near the top of a mountain, it would make alot more sense that way, all Pokemon on your team would have the "frozen" status effect. But there'd be a few exceptions, like Fire-types who would melt the ice and cold away, and Ice types, which would be indifferent to the cold. And maybe if you have a Fire-type on your team they can rid the remaining members of thier status when you turn the game back on, and thawing back out in a building, thats great too.

Thats such a great idea, it could be a bit inconvenient sometimes if youre in an area that isnt near a Pokemon Center, when this happens, but it'd make it more of a challenge. I think Gamefreak should implement something like this in thier games, since they've already come up with a real world time system, they could make the game it even more real-time by doing this :D

Edit: I have an idea that might take away possible inconvenience of the status effects, in all of the areas where your Pokemon could possibly gain these status effects, purification areas(like the ones set up in Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town) could be placed in many parts of these areas so Pokemon centers or items aren't needed as much :D
    Last edited by AntJR; 10th November 2012 at 03:52 AM.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

That could be nice as well. And maybe saving while bathing in hot springs could restore your HP gradually if you're far from a pokemon center. I know the Sevii Islands has an instant restore spot in their hot springs - but still XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    That could be nice as well. And maybe saving while bathing in hot springs could restore your HP gradually if you're far from a pokemon center. I know the Sevii Islands has an instant restore spot in their hot springs - but still XDD
    Oh, or also, how about if you stay in the hot spring, save, then dont turn on the game in a long time, all Pokemon will gain the "Burn" status :D

Blog Entries

I always thought that the game sort of froze whenever you turned it off. Nevertheless, my opinions concerning this are sort of split. You turn off when you've decided to end your gaming session, when you don't have time anymore or when the place you're currently in simply isn't the right place for playing. That would be good thing for the good effects, I guess; your game stays productive even when you're not actively playing it. As for the negative effects, though...inflicting status problems on your pokémon when you leave the game for a bit just rubs off me the wrong way. It reminds me too much of the tactic that most facebook games employ; the "punishment" of players who don't remain as faithful to the game. Not exactly like that, I know, but still.

It's still interesting, though. Perhaps I just haven't thought of a better way to execute the idea.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

My Shinx knows Outrage :P CraZy ShinX's Avatar
    Add CraZy ShinX on Facebook
    Visit CraZy ShinX's Youtube Channel

reminds me of the battle pike in pokemon emerald. there was that room where a kirlia or dusclops gave ur pokemon a status problem. if this kind of thing happened outside the pike, people would surely be angry :/
    Claimed the Expert Belt as of 1/8/13!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

As much as I like this concept, the fandom would rage like shit, and treat the games with that feature like that too, and I really wouldn't want that to happen.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

It's a unique idea, but I wouldn't want to roll an Endurance check every time I turned my DS on. That'd get pretty frustrating if it went on too long. If it happened while I was playing and I was given fair warning beforehand ("Pikachu is starting to freeze") however, I wouldn't mind it.

I can see something like that being very annoying. If you save out in Snowpoint City and all your Pokemon are frozen, sounds like a hassle. I guess it might be sort of interesting but Id rather not have to deal with an effect like that every single time I turn on my game >.<

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

I think when you save your game, the time stops. Nothing happens, you just start off at the very same position and time (tho the real time changes). You must've noticed the people walking around you freezing when you save the game, thats what I'm talking about.

The seasons in Unova stay the same unless you exit/enter a building.

Your thinking is innovative, but in the other sense, not very innovative. I mean, making such a game where your Pokémon freeze/burn/paralyze depending on the place you saved the game, doesn't make the game interesting. The player would have to store the status healing items all the time. Meaning that you have to play the game continuously, and the players will get frustrated and leave the game immediately.

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.