Female Pikachu Has..... - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Female Pikachu Has.....

Blog Entries

*sighs*

Excuse me for going a bit off-topic, everyone.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
    Actually, it is confirmed in the Anime. Remember the princess day episode? Pikachu was carrying bags in that episode, which pretty much confirms it.
    Oh boy, here we go again......

It was implied in that episode, yes, Xtra.

But, confirmed? No way!!

In order for Pikachu's gender to have been confirmed, someone would've had to mention it on the show and therefore, reveal it to us.

This has not happened in the anime, at least not yet.

Anyway though, I have a good theory for that scene:

Obviously, since Ash is a male, he had to carry packages. But there were too many of them. So, since he is Pikachu's trainer, he simply told it to hold some of the packages, and that's what it did.

Also, no where in that episode (in the dub at least) did they say that male Pokemon had to carry packages. In fact, they never even mentioned what male and female Pokemon were supposed to do.

So, overall, Pikachu wasn't carrying the packages because of its gender, like many people believe. People just saw Pikachu carrying the packages and automatically assumed that it was a male.

Well, maybe Ash can take a chainsaw and give Pikachu a sex change by cutting off part of it's tail?

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Internet View Post
    Well, maybe Ash can take a chainsaw and give Pikachu a sex change by cutting off part of it's tail?
    Only if he also cuts off Pikachu's privates as well. >.> And even then it'd just be a eunuch, not really a female.

Blog Entries

LOL, Habunake.

XD

Actually, I'm just gonna stick with my own theory, and make the prediction that hopefully, Pokemon of different genders will not appear any different in the series.

That would be way too weird if the "gendered" ones showed up now, all of a sudden, with no explanation whatsoever.

And it would be too confusing overall, especially for Ash.

That's why I'm hoping the writers of the anime won't incorporate this aspect from the games into their storyline or anything.
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 23rd September 2006 at 12:42 PM.

I don't think this will affect the anime.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Ash's Pikachu is a trannie, imo.

*shot*

Well, he's gay.

I mean, he is French. *shot*

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa View Post
    LOL, Habunake.

XD

Actually, I'm just gonna stick with my own theory, and make the prediction that hopefully, Pokemon of different genders will not appear any different in the series.

That would be way too weird if the "gendered" ones showed up now, all of a sudden, with no explanation whatsoever.

And it would just be too confusing overall, especially for Ash.

That's why I'm hoping the anime doesn't incorporate this into its storyline or anything.
    A) There IS going to be at least one episode on this. It's a feature of D/P. The anime is advertising D/P. It's right up there with Super Contests and Poffin.
    B) All the explanation you need for Gender Dimorphism suddenly being there is that it's "to do with the Shino Region". We've already had Pokemon growing to giant size and turning pink because of where they live. The Shino region being the region that causes Pokemon to have these differences because of their genders is just as likely an explanation as it was for those.
    C) Having Pikachu meet up with a female Pikachu there - whatever Ash's Pikachu's gender is implied to be - would be a great way of advertising the feature. Not to mention could make a nice filler.
    D) Even if it just starts in the Shino Region, it'll likely spread to everywhere else if they plan on constantly using two designs for each Pokemon.
    E) But it doesn't affect Pokemon already caught and owned by the group.

I don't see why there's such a tizz over this. It's clear they're not going to retroactively change all of Ash, May, Brock and Misty's Pokemon among others just because of this but it's also clear that the feature is going to be displayed in the show.

Just because Ash's Pikachu doesn't have this tail differentiation doesn't mean it's male. Similarly, it doesn't mean it's not male either. It simply has nothing to do with it as Pikachu isn't a wild Shino Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Okay, enough of the Pikachu gender jokes everyone, they're getting to me......

Especially the constant referring to Pikachu by the word "he". I hate it when people do that all the time. That really gets on my nerves (considering I believe Pikachu to be a female). X_X

Anyway though, I prefer using "it" when referring to Pikachu. So I suggest that you guys try to use that word more often. That way both sides are happy.

EDIT: Wow. That was a very good explanation, Doctor Oak.

I agree with everything you said there.

And I guess you're right about that, they will have to include the gender thing in the anime, since it's part of Diamond and Pearl.

Oh, so even if they do that, it won't (or shouldn't) effect the group's already caught Pokemon? Yes, that's awesome!! That's just the way I'd like this to happen.

And I completely agree with you on the fact that it will only effect wild Shinou Pokemon. That makes a lot of sense, and I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before.
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 23rd September 2006 at 12:58 PM.

A Pikachu love episode?

Love! The French Style!

Blog Entries

Hehe...... XD

Yay!

Habunake, that's awesome! You carried the long tradition of using that episode title pun!!!!

I love that title pun. It's one of my favorites, because of the fact it's actually a pun on top of another pun (they first did it with, "Love, Totodile Style", then with "Love, Pokemon Style", and then again with "Love, Petalburg Style"). ^^

And actually, now that I think about it, another possible one could be:

"Love, Pikachu Style"

XD

Heh, I expected them to include the very slight changes to pokemon designs. They aren't changing the group's pokemon obviously.

The pokemon designs weren't that set in stone anyway. In RBY, Arbok had zigzag stripes on its back, etc. And anime pikachu is about 2 times as thin as the ones in the older games. Lunatone's eyes ingame and even in just game art is different.

So, the designs are going to be that weird. Or specified. Like they won't blame shinou on all the changes. I mean some Butterfree now have two extra spots, big deal really.

Relax guys.

Glad Doc. Oak got things settled. Although I doubt they will focus in on it that much.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Follow Argy on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa View Post
    Okay, enough of the Pikachu gender jokes everyone, they're getting to me......

Especially the constant referring to Pikachu by the word "he". I hate it when people do that all the time. That really gets on my nerves (considering I believe Pikachu to be a female). X_X

Anyway though, I prefer using "it" when referring to Pikachu. So I suggest that you guys try to use that word more often. That way both sides are happy.
    Expecting people to change their beliefs to suit your preferences is laughable.

Blog Entries

What?

Uh, I didn't say that I expected people to change their beliefs or anything. O_O

Argy, I just thought it would be better if people referred to Pikachu as an "it" like they do in the anime. That's all.

But, whatever, people can call Pikachu whatever they want. I'd just feel better if they did that.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Pikachu used the masculine first person pronoun boku in the Japanese version of "Island of the Giant Pokemon."

While that doesn't *prove* anything (since, for example, Harley uses the feminine atashi), it's still something that shouldn't be ignored.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 28th September 2006 at 10:43 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on March 23rd, 2015

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast