Favorite game generations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Favorite game generations

The Malefic Hoarder ReshiramDragonofTruth's Avatar

Default Favorite game generations

What's your opinion on the Pokemon generations? Do you like Generation 1, or Generation 5? Tell everyone what it is and why.

My favorite is 3, because the first Pokemon game I ever got was a Generation 3 game. My least favorite generation is I don't know.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Favorite game generations

This is the exact question that plagues some when they're trying to sleep. I must say that I debated this question in my head for a while before finally coming up with an answer.

I've played every generation from one to five, and every one was enjoyable. They each had their ups and downs. That being said, the generation I had the most fun in is actually gen 3 as well. I found myself enjoying it a lot more than any of the other games, and was completely devestated when my Emerald version no longer worked. I had a good 350+ hours going on that one. I think it might have been all the things you could do in it; the contests, messing around with your "fan club" and the reporters, and especially the secret base. Even though 4 had the same things, it just somehow wasn't the same for me. So yeah.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

I think Pokémon's best Generation so far was IV. You had the graphics, Battle Revolution, HGSS, internet, Team Galactic, PMD 2 which was EPIC, the Time and Space legendaries, a Ghost/Dragon, Snowpoint City, more baby Pokémon and evolutions, and overall total awesomeness. The only other thing I wish they had in GEN IV would be Shadow Pokémon.

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am going to say Gen 4. It had some of the best games(imo), good music, memorable characters(Cynthiaaa!!!), and some amazing Pokemon like Garchomp, Staraptor, Infernape, Yanmega and so many more. It also brought some real improvements like the physical-special split, changes to moves like Outrage, introduced wifi battling, stealth rock, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

C-3

Generation IV.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Gens 4 and 5, definitely. Sorry, but I hardly liked gen 3 at all. They bored me. The later gens have a lot of awesome features and qualities though. More Pokemon I like, better storylines, etc. <3

I have to say I really loved Gen. 3 but not FireRed and LeafGreen... only Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I couldn't stand FR/LG, not one bit ^-^;;
    I really loved the graphics of R/S/E a lot. I don't know why, maybe because it just seemed very... crisp? Compared to the graphics of FR/LG, even though it shared some things I just felt it looked too cartoon-y to me, and I just didn't like it. I also really loved the Pokemon on the Hoenn region, as well as the characters, cities, etc. <3 The Kanto region kinda just bored me.

(I also really liked G/S/C, I love the Johto Pokemon~)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Generation 2. I still think it brought the most innovation to the series.

2 > 3 > 5 >1 >>>> 4
    boabiol likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Generation 2 is my favorite because it had the best music :) Generations 4 and 5 are tied for second place because hey generation 4 introduced Wi-Fi battling and generation 5 introduced so many new competitive game mechanics like new abilities, new pokemon, and new moves.

Follow bubbie on Tumblr

gen 3 was my favorite too. i think it introduced some of the best pokemon and i loved the hoenn region. i've noticed that each generation as a certain style to it as well, and 3rd gen to me was just gorgeous. i really really hope they get remade.

I have to say that my favorite is gen 4.
    I hadn't played Gen 3 games until my GF bought Pearl when it was released and I went with her and "accidently" bought Diamond.
    Didn't regret it.
    SS Friend code:
    0475 0179 1511

Blog Entries
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

I'd have to say:
    1) Gen I
    2) Gen III
    3) Gen IV

in that order :) didn't like much Gen II and I still have mixed feelings about Gen V: I like the region and the storyline, I don't like the pokémon and some of the stuff introduced like movies and musicals..

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Mine is Generation III and V because:

Generation III: Advanced Pokémon design, double battles. Two villainous teams in one region (Orre included). Biggest Pokémon (Wailord) and heaviest Pokémon (Groudon) from this generation still reign as the biggest and heaviest, of all.
    Generation V: Good Pokémon design (although some were lame), nice Unova map, triple battles, and an infamous N from Team Plasma. Black gym leaders such as Iris and Marlon (this is how Unova reflected by US culture especially human races. Yes, Black and White also reflect the mixed culture of Black and White human races).

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Gens 2 and 5 for me: Gen 2 because when I was young, I thought Pokemon Gold was the coolest game ever, and it's all the nostalgia feels behind it xD and gen 5 because I truly think these games are the most epic in the series.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

IV and V. Maybe it has something to do with me not growing up with the older generations, but I think the pokémon designs in those generations are much better than that of their predecessors. And from what I've read and seen, these gens seem to be the most innovative, or at least the ones which really tried to improve on the franchise, though I could be wrong.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast