Favorite Game Of All Time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Favorite Game Of All Time

Blog Entries

Default Favorite Game Of All Time

Ok guys, what is your favorite Pokemon games of all time? Yes, you can have more than one, and they can be for any console or genre.

But...you have to explain Why those games are your favorite,ok? Alright than, fire away.

Default Re: Favorite Game Of All Time

Well Gen II was my favorite, but I think Heart Gold has become my favorite version. Mainly because it was a remake of Gen II, but then the small extra stories they added, such as the player going back in time to stop Giovanni from actually responding to the call from Team Rocket. And they brought back things like the Viridian forest and added decent new features and have the pokewalker!
    sonic10158 likes this.

Pokemon Platinum is my all-time favorite game right now. Shinnoh is my favorite region, and I really loved the story. Platinum was my first step into Gen 4 after a brief introduction in Brawl's Spear Pillar stage, and Platinum was the first game I ever pre-ordered. Even today I still have a lot of fun with Platinum, trying new teams and throwing them out onto Pokemon Battle Revolution. Good times, it's a lot of fun!

White 2 is also at the top of the list at the moment. It's a very great story, with an intense climatic battle against Black/White Kyurem and a cuckoo-crazy Ghetsis! Azul Hue is the greatest rival ever seen in Pokemon, no lie. The Pokemon World Tournament is also very fun! Hoenn Gym Leaders, missed you guys a loooot!
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 12th October 2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Azul is what I named my rival, I forgot his official name for a second lol
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

It's hard to pick just one favorite, but I would have to go with Platinum. I'm a big fan of the Sinnoh region, the music and the story-line as well as the return of the Battle Frontier.
    Reila likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Heartgold is my favorite Pokémon game. It took my formerly favorite Pokémon game, and improved almost everything (though I do hate the walking pokemon "feature", I can live with it considering all of the other features it has).

I like it more than the original (which I almost never do) because:

1. you can catch the kanto legendaries
    2. Kanto isn't nearly as neutered here (ie, you get things like the Pewter City Museum, a safari zone-like place in Fuschia City [the pal park], Viridian Forest, Cerulean Cave, etc.)
    3. It includes the new things that Crystal Brought [like the Ruins of Alph side quest]
    4. There are new places in Johto (such as IMO the most ambitious Safari Zone [why Gen V doesn't have one is beyond me...])
    5. Mt. Silver is even larger (not to mention the place you find Red actually looks like a mountain-top and not the inner-most part of said mountain)
    6. It is much easier to keep up with the Kanto badges (you are actually shown them)
    7. Blue's gym actually has a puzzle and trainers in it
    8. The Fighting Dojo in Saffron actually has a purpose now.
    9. Plus it brought the innovations that had been made prior to G/S (you know, like switching boxes automatically, etc.)
    10. also there are more cycles to the day (not just middle of the day, then BOOM, the middle of the night.)

Having said all of that, however, it is NOT my favorite video game of all-time. That honor still belongs to Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

I'm allowed to go outside the main series? Because Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 is my hands down favorite Pokemon game. The story was beautiful (moved me to tears at the end) and the entire cast me feel for them. I may not be a fan of Wigglytuff but I sure as hell love PMD2's Wigglytuff to death. Damn that little guy was great. And let's not forget that music!

Sure that whole your a human from the future (in a world where Pokemon ruled) that somehow got turned into a Pokemon residing in world with just Pokemon thing made zero sense but I always handwve that detail nor does it hurt this gem of a game.

Second favorite Pokemon game ever is Pokemon Emerald. Hoenn is an adventurers wet dream with those beautiful backgrounds tons of diverse towns and areas and PLENTY to be explored be it land or sea. Perhaps the only Pokemon game I clocked 400+ hours on. Ruby had the honors of me having the most replays (seven) which I don't regret.

Ruby was already high in the fun factor department but Emerald took that up by loads by INCREASING the in-game battle options with more trainers AND introducing the original (and superior) Battle Frontier which brought new twists to battle but also through the Dome, introduced a tournament system that made me wonder what TOOK them so long to implement this? Then there was the add-on mechanics from Emerald which made it THE best place to get your breeding done. Raw IVs were also far more easily manipulated back in Gen III due to Pokemon being hatched at level 5.

Then there was the matter of combing both rival teams into the game nulling out the initial laziness of its older twin siblings. Fun notice: If you have it, try going back to your copy of RSE, Brendan/May practically sprint across the screen in comparison to their successors. Made me go: DAMN FAST!

Honorable mentions: -Pokemon Ranger 2: This game was COMEDY GOLD! Plenty of jokes left me in stitches as much as in shock that they "actually went there" (One of the students asking the main character what he/she wears at night). The Nosepass quest still gets me to this day! Despite its large humor the game had a cool story and some pretty fun characters. It's damn short sadly and the lack of extra file for repeat playthroughs is very disappointing but man great game for while it lasts.

-Pokemon Black & White: For healing the wounds and lost trust issues that was Generation 4 and proved that Game Freak can write a damn good story if they're assed enough to do so. Sure, there was plenty to be desired but I entered the post credits with nothing but contentment.

Blog Entries

Pokémon Platinum is still my favorite Pokémon game. I love the Sinnoh region, the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, a lot of the Pokémon from there and the music. Plus, that Battle Frontier is awesome. Plus², Platinum has Cyrus and my favorite evil team, the Team Galactic.

Black 2 comes in a really close second, the storyline is good, the characters are easily the best in the franchise and the music is simply gorgeous. It is not my favorite game because Unova isn't my favorite region :/ Even though my favorite city is in there (Seigaiha/Humilau)... And the game is a bit too linear.

Anyway, here is my "top favorite Pokémon games":

1.) Platinum
    2.) Black 2
    3.) Black
    4.) Emerald
    5.) Blue

PS: The only spin-off I would add in a list of favorites is Pokémon Conquest. That game is so good.

@Edit: But hey, none of these is my favorite game of all time. That honor goes to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Emerald, no contest. Everything about this game is abolutly perfect.

Thing is though, I love Emerald, but I don't really like Ruby/Sapphire.

Black 2 and White 2 are second. Pretty much everything in the game is awesome.

Platnium or Soulsilver tie for third. Both are pretty good Pokemon games.

Then Firered/Leafgreen. Pretty good game, it's just that there are better ones. Don't get me wrong though, this game is pretty good!

Then Yellow. This pretty much gets the same treatment as Firered/Leafgreen.

To be honest, I don't really know where to put White.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Hmm.. I have to say R/S/E were my favorite games. They were actually the second ones I played (silver first) but these ones were the best. I could play them one hundred times and not get bored, I don't why. They also introduced deoxys one of my favorite pokemon so yeah.

My #1 favourite main game is Pokémon FireRed, my #2 favourite is Pokémon SoulSilver. I like them because they're like the classics but with better graphics and because they're the games I most enjoyed. I remember that the summer I got FireRed was one of the best summers in my life.

My favourite spin-off games are: Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Pokémon Ranger and Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (in that order).
    Last edited by Manga Reader X; 14th October 2012 at 05:26 AM.

@Isaac Gravity

Beautiful choices

It was refreshing to see someone in here not Raving over dry, casual, hand holdin Platinum

Favorite: Emerald
    Beautiful scenery, great pokemon, story was interesting (though Team Aqua's didn't make sense logically)

Colosseum was my favorite spinoff (for obvious reasons I think)
    White 2:

Blog Entries
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

tough one.... I loved the original games of course, but I also really loved the Gen III games (ruby in particular). I guess if I had to pick one, I'd say Diamond, because when I bought it I hadn't played pokémon in like 5-7 years and it was so new and so well thought out I just loved it straight away !

Blog Entries

1. EMERALD
    2. HEART GOLD
    3. PLATINUM

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

ALL OF THEM

But if I had to rank them,
    1. Emerald and Black
    Emerald for the first battle frontier, and the tag battle with Steven XDD Black version for the epic storyline of the Plasma arc and N

2.Platinum
    Sinnoh happens to be home to many of my favorite pokemons - especially Cranidos

3. Soulsilver
    Epic adventure of 16 badges, and the grandeur of Lugia and the waterfall scene.

While I do love the Kanto games, I've played it way too many times that it's not a fav, but a given XDD

Fav spinoff would be Rangers: Shadows of Almia for the nice planned out difficulty and plots, and creative captures revolving around some of the popular pokemons. Also, you can pick Cranidos as your partner
    Last edited by Yato; 14th October 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Of the main games, HeartGold for reasons MAZZ0Murder and sonic10158 brought up already. (though I loved that Pokémon could walk outside of their balls ala Yellow.)

But if we're talking about any Pokémon game, Colosseum. While it wasn't anything new to videogames as a whole, it was different for this franchise. A game where you have a permanent party that isn't all about collecting badges as a main quest. A game where the PC isn't a prepubescent kid wandering about the countryside capturing creatures with god-like powers without adult supervision.

Perfect? Far from it. But I still love it. <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast