Favorite Fire Starter - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Favorite Fire Starter

Default Re: Favorite Fire Starter

1. Charizard - Not only my favorite fire starter, but my overall favorite pokemon. It was my very first pokemon, and I've always had one on my team. It is also the only reptilian fire starter, not to mention that I love dragons.
    2. Emboar - Despite not being very well liked by most, I rather like the firey pig. It was actually the first time I preferred a fire-type starter since Kanto.
    3. Typhlosion - Not really a big fan of Typhlosion. It's design is kind of neat, but it has a rather weak move pool.
    4. Blaziken/Infernape - I don't really like either of these. Actually, they are my least favorite of all the starters.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

Cyndaquil because he is a mouse and I have always loved mice :3
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

C-3

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

1. Cyndaquil. (This has and always will be my favourite fire-type starter. Also 100 points for not being a bloody duel fighting type.)
    2. Torchic. (The cutest little bird in the world that grows up to become a BAMF Pokemon. Love it.)
    3. Charmander. (It's nice and all but I've NEVER liked Charizard. I would always pick Squirtle or Bulbasaur purely for that reason.)
    4. Tepig. (I actually really like it but in terms of using it, Emboar has always been a thorn in my side...)
    5. Chimchar. (I hate this Pokemon so much. I don't know why but I just do. I have played through with Piplup and Turtwig more times purely because I hate this monkey.)

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

I love using Fire starters but for my playthrough of Black i decided to use Snivy then for HeartGold Chikorita I have no idea why i chose that but i did lol
    my favs in order are

1. Blaziken
    2. Infernape
    3. Charizard
    4. Emboar
    5. Typhlosion

Registered User MudkipDefenderShale's Avatar

Visit MudkipDefenderShale's Youtube Channel

My favorite would have to be Torchic. I like Torchic the most because I find it ironic that something so adorable could be so dangerous.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

My favorite fire starter is Typhlosion. It's the only Pokemon I have legitimately raised to level 100. It's also my favorite starter.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

It's a tie between Charizard and Typhlosion. I like both their designs a lot and simply can't choose a favorite between the two. Charmander was the first starter I ever saw and I immediately liked it, but I used Cyndaquil as one of my first Pokemon. I never really liked the other fire starters as much.

Well, honestly mine is:
    1. Tepig (It's my 3rd favourite Pokemon period, and it can have a great moveset once it becomes Emboar. Oh, and also, very unique typing! :P)
    2. Charmander (Classics are always good, and it's always been one of my favourites)
    3. Cyndaquil (Has pretty terrible moveset (aside from Eruption & Lava Plume) but, it's just so cute, epic, any other positive word, and one of the only Pokemon that I like all 3 of their evolutions)
    4. Torchic (Don't know why, but I've always hated Blaziken. But, I will give it some credit for being the first Fire/Fighting ever)
    5. Chimchar (Don't ask me why it's #5. But, I really do like Infernape, though)

1. Torchic - The moment I played Gen III, I fell in love with the little chicken. I loved its design throughout its evolution chain plus it also has decent stats. To add to its physical characteristics, Gen V also gave it Speed Boost which made me love it even more.

2. Cyndaquil - Out of all Pokemon games, Gen II was the one I played most (Crystal specifically; although I no longer can since I misplaced my Gameboy and had to give away the original Crystal game). I loved Typhlosion since it looked pretty cool. It may not be the best in terms of competitive battling, but it definitely was a part of my childhood.

3. Chimchar - Well, I didn't like it before. I used to find this ape utterly stupid and disgusting, until I got into competitive battling. With such amazing stats, I couldn't help but use it. It then grew to me.

4. Tepig - Eh, it's more or less a carbon copy of Chimchar and Torchic...except kind of worse. It doesn't have the best design nor does it have the best stats. I do sound negative here but I honestly love this guy, although not Emboar.

5. Charmander - Don't shoot me for this, please. I disliked Charmander due to it being way too mainstream and it's also insanely overrated. Not to mention it's probably the worst amongst all starters. Honestly, I never liked the design of the family, especially Charizard. *grumbles about Charizard being overrated*
    Reila likes this.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Blog Entries

I'm torn between the Torchic line and the Chimchar line. They have the best aesthetics, IMO.

Cyndaquil gets a special mention because of nostalgia. :3

As a person who pretty much loves all the fire starters, this was a difficult choice.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite would be Cyndaquil, the first Pokemon that (Don't shoot!) I got attached to. My Typhlosion eventually won every battle, refrained from yelling at me in Soul Silver, and helped me beat up my battle partner's Lucario. I've noticed that it does have a pretty good Special Attack, too.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Freakn' Blaziken suckers. BEST POKEMON EVER.

Not only this bad boy (girl) looks cool, Blaziken is amazing in battle as well! Back in Hoenn, it was the bomb. Helped me get through 99% of Emerald. BY ITSELF. Exactly. Blaziken is the bomb. Not Infernape.

In Gen V, this awesome Pokemon just got better. Awesome sprite... Along with learning a couple of amazing and powerful new moves. Hi Jump Kick, to name one of the moves. Also, this dude (or dudette) gets Speed Boost from DW. Just, freakn', amazing.
    ShinySceptile1 likes this.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Charmander: Charizard = BEAST
    Chimchar: Infernape is just cool looking.

Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar are my current faves. Tepig for being too cute, I love his B2W2 sprite. x3 And Emboar is simply a badass, and can be quite vicious with a Trick Room team that knows what they're doing.

Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape are second faves. Chimchar is a monkey, and monkeys are love! Infernape is one of the coolest-looking Pokemon ever, and quite useful too.

Infernape and Enbuoh both alone are very awesome for referencing Journey To The West. One of the greatest epic stories in the world.

The rest are "meh" at the moment. Blaziken and Charizard are just plain overrated, and Typhlosion isn't fantastic but he's not boring either.
    Reila likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast