The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart - Page 43

View Poll Results: Is the Fairy-type OP?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 28.00%
  • No

    36 72.00%
Page 43 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 3894
Like Tree2131Likes

Thread: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

  1. #631
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    719
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disobedient View Post
    Man, May 15th can't come soon enough...
    I can't agree with you more and now with that Pokémon Rumble U game out of the way I'm sure we'll get a good amount of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y News. I would love to see them just go out and announce Sylveon's Type along with Xerneas' and Yveltal's Type so they can just put a stop to this New Type speculation whether or not it's Light Type or the newly brought up Fairy Type.
    Shiny Shinx and Hidden Mew like this.

    Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

  2. #632
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    Dunsparce would be a great Pokemon to retype to Fairy since he's a mythical animal. :)
    My point exactly. A handful of the existing pokemon discussed for potential type retcon to fairy have more stylistic/less realistic wings, be they flying type or not. Hell, Audino's ears look pretty wing like. The stethoscopes on the end look a whole lot like the tips of some swallowtails. That thing didn't turn out to be flying.

  3. #633
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,413
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Familiar View Post
    Also, would anyone care to explain what Nymphs have anything to do with flying?
    I think people are just confusing nymph and sylphs, which are spirits normally associated with air.
    And nymph is also a term for a young bug, which is one of the inspirations for fairys.

    (I don't want to argue for the Bug type in this context.)

  4. #634
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    341

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    You've got it backwards, Nymph to refer to bugs came after the original Greek meaning of the word to refer to the mythological beings.

    That's what people keep forgetting when they keep relation Nymphia/Sylveon to animals and/or plants that include the "nymph"/"sylv" in their biological classifications.

  5. #635
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by pocket Ace View Post
    For me, personally, I'm not obsessive over a new-type or Fairy-type. It just seems to me the most likely. We don't really have any footage, but the footage we have shows Sylveon doing some pretty "mystical" things. What with the glowing pink ribbons and Sailor Moon-esque spinning it's doing.

    For people arguing that Sylveon doesn't need wings to be Flying-type, because not all Flying-type Pokemon have wings, it's not Sylveon being a Flying-type. It's Sylveon being a Flying-type Eeveelution, Pokemon that have all been very indicative of their type and abilities in their appearance. At the very least, we know that two of Sylveon's names are based off of the word Nymph. I'm just curious why an Eeveelution would be based off of another creature in the first place, unless the typing was directly related to said creature. If Sylveon was based after something and was a Flying-type, wouldn't the logical basis be a bird or something similar?

    It just really doesn't mesh right in my head for Sylveon to be a Flying-type because it really looks nothing like it. It's appearance should be very indicative that it can fly if it were a Flying-type Eeveelution. Anyway, I'm not saying that anything is certain, and I don't know what the believe about Hiro and his sources, but just my two cents.
    Why would the logical basis of a flying type Eeveelution be a bird?? All Eeveelutions appear to be different versions of the same basic creature. They all have four legs, tails, several of them have the same shaped ears, and are all based on mammal like animals. Having an Eeveelution look like a bird would be the most illogical thing GameFreak could do.

    With that being said, in my opinion, Sylveon would be passable to me as a Pokemon that looks remotely flying type while also looking like a proper eeveelution.

    "It's appearance should be very indicative that it can fly if it were a flying type eeveelution." Like I've stated earlier, not every flying type Pokemon have wings, and not all of them can even learn fly. As such, Sylveon certainly doesn't need those features if other flying Pokemon never required them.

    I see no reason why it is impossible for Sylveon to be a flying type, and until confirmed, I'll keep my hopes on Pokemon X and Y not receiving any new types.

  6. #636
    黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    13,153
    Blog Entries
    63
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    I will admit, there is one reason and one reason only why I'm hoping there is no Fairy type.

    Because the site that's pushing this theory, to the point of having already put it in it's type chart, should know better than to release information like this. If it is true, there's no way they could have learnt this without someone having broken an NDA. Their webmaster lost his job with the Spanish Official Pokémon Magazine after what happened last time, for goodness sake.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

  7. #637
    like pepsi cola LadySasaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    rainy old england
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I will admit, there is one reason and one reason only why I'm hoping there is no Fairy type.

    Because the site that's pushing this theory, to the point of having already put it in it's type chart, should know better than to release information like this. If it is true, there's no way they could have learnt this without someone having broken an NDA. Their webmaster lost his job with the Spanish Official Pokémon Magazine after what happened last time, for goodness sake.
    If the Fairy type rumour is true (and that's a biiiig if) then I'm very confused about how the Hirobyte guy STILL has a job at Nintendo after leaking the entire BX dex a couple of years back? Like, surely they'd investigate that and fire whoever was responsible? They wouldn't just leave 'em in the office to cheerfully leak more classified info over the internet a few years later. So either he's a mastermind at not getting caught (unlikely, he's on Twitter for god's sake) and he really is still working at Nintendo and getting privileged info.

    Or he's a liar...? >.<
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

    I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

  8. #638
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,213
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I will admit, there is one reason and one reason only why I'm hoping there is no Fairy type.

    Because the site that's pushing this theory, to the point of having already put it in it's type chart, should know better than to release information like this. If it is true, there's no way they could have learnt this without someone having broken an NDA. Their webmaster lost his job with the Spanish Official Pokémon Magazine after what happened last time, for goodness sake.
    If the Fairy type rumour is true (and that's a biiiig if) then I'm very confused about how the Hirobyte guy STILL has a job at Nintendo after leaking the entire BX dex a couple of years back? Like, surely they'd investigate that and fire whoever was responsible? They wouldn't just leave 'em in the office to cheerfully leak more classified info over the internet a few years later. So either he's a mastermind at not getting caught (unlikely, he's on Twitter for god's sake) and he really is still working at Nintendo and getting privileged info.

    Or he's a liar...? >.<
    As far as I know, there are two admins for Pokéxperto, Hirobyte and someone known as Melkor.

    I'm not really sure about this history, but apparently, it was Melkor the one who got fired.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  9. #639
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I'm not really sure about this history, but apparently, it was Melkor the one who got fired.
    That's what they claim, but it doesn't make sense that only one of them would be fired. Hiro's involvement in the leaking wasn't a secret.

  10. #640
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,213
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I'm not really sure about this history, but apparently, it was Melkor the one who got fired.
    That's what they claim, but it doesn't make sense that only one of them would be fired. Hiro's involvement in the leaking wasn't a secret.
    True. That's why I'm not sure about all of this.

    Recently I started to follow Hiro's twitter account (he has it locked), and now I'm stalking older tweets.




    The "sacred cow" thing is a common slang for someone who is "untouchable" inside any organization, either because (s)he's a high-up or is protected by one. Still, he said in another tweet that the information filtering is something delicate.

    Anyway, I'm stuck to the idea that Nintendo allows very slightly filtering in a confusing way, to create hype and discussions like this. Action, suspense, love, hate, surprise, thrill, revenge, intrigue, blood, death. How will this story continue? What to expect? All of this in the next episode. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 25th April 2013 at 08:56 AM.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  11. #641
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    The "sacred cow" thing is a common slang for someone who is "untouchable" inside any organization, either because (s)he's a high-up or is protected by one. Still, he said in another tweet that the information filtering is something delicate.
    That sounds ominous.

  12. #642
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,261

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Back on the subject of whether or not Xerneas will have a new type, I always thought that if Xerneas were going to be typed according to the existing G5 system, he'd probably be Psychic+Steel. Not that we really need another Metagross/Bronzong typing in the areana, but those look like metallic legs, and the classy antlers seem to imply some kind of mental power. Plus, if Yveltal is a Dark+Flying type (he certainly looks the part), Psychic+Steel would put Xerneas elementally neutral with Yveltal.

  13. #643
    ⋆(´♥ ω ♥`)ノ*゚✲*☆ Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,240

    Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Back on the subject of whether or not Xerneas will have a new type, I always thought that if Xerneas were going to be typed according to the existing G5 system, he'd probably be Psychic+Steel. Not that we really need another Metagross/Bronzong typing in the areana, but those look like metallic legs, and the classy antlers seem to imply some kind of mental power. Plus, if Yveltal is a Dark+Flying type (he certainly looks the part), Psychic+Steel would put Xerneas elementally neutral with Yveltal.
    Wouldn't that put Xerneas at an extreme disadvantage? Dark is super effective against psychic, but in turn psychic has no effect at all on dark.

  14. #644
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,261

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Back on the subject of whether or not Xerneas will have a new type, I always thought that if Xerneas were going to be typed according to the existing G5 system, he'd probably be Psychic+Steel. Not that we really need another Metagross/Bronzong typing in the areana, but those look like metallic legs, and the classy antlers seem to imply some kind of mental power. Plus, if Yveltal is a Dark+Flying type (he certainly looks the part), Psychic+Steel would put Xerneas elementally neutral with Yveltal.
    Wouldn't that put Xerneas at an extreme disadvantage? Dark is super effective against psychic, but in turn psychic has no effect at all on dark.
    No, being part Steel shields him from Psychic's usual weaknesses (Dark, Bug, Ghost) making them neutral in return. And while Psychic may not work on Darks by itself, Xerneas would probably also be packing Miracle Eye at some level, and Steel is neutral on Dark. So his only real vulnerabilities would be Fire and Ground, same as Metagross.

  15. #645
    ⋆(´♥ ω ♥`)ノ*゚✲*☆ Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,240

    Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Back on the subject of whether or not Xerneas will have a new type, I always thought that if Xerneas were going to be typed according to the existing G5 system, he'd probably be Psychic+Steel. Not that we really need another Metagross/Bronzong typing in the areana, but those look like metallic legs, and the classy antlers seem to imply some kind of mental power. Plus, if Yveltal is a Dark+Flying type (he certainly looks the part), Psychic+Steel would put Xerneas elementally neutral with Yveltal.
    Wouldn't that put Xerneas at an extreme disadvantage? Dark is super effective against psychic, but in turn psychic has no effect at all on dark.
    No, being part Steel shields him from Psychic's usual weaknesses (Dark, Bug, Ghost) making them neutral in return. And while Psychic may not work on Darks by itself, Xerneas would probably also be packing Miracle Eye at some level, and Steel is neutral on Dark. So his only real vulnerabilities would be Fire and Ground, same as Metagross.
    Oh, I see. My remembrance with resistances and weaknesses is a bit bad, so I wasn't sure. I could definitely steel/psychic working then. If not that, grass/steel would probably work the same way.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •