The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart - Page 3

View Poll Results: Is the Fairy-type OP?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 27.66%
  • No

34 72.34%
Page 3 of 260 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree2122Likes

Thread: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

Okay, I do believe its time we get a bit more serious on Ninfia, because I'm starting to look into things, and I can't see anything that would designate it to be a bug type or normal. First and foremost:
    If the basis is off of a nymph, instead of Ninon as some are saying, it would also imply a new type as nymph could refer to the infant stage of an insect, or the mythological creatures of Greek Mythlogy that are happy dancing maidens that lure men.
    Nymph (biology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nymph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Now then these 2 are likely however there is cause for doubt. Eevee evolves to adapt to its environment, and to whatever genetic mutation it encounters. Additionally the eeveelutions are likely to stay as are without evolutions, so I do not see the logic in it being a Pokemon based on the biological stasis before the metamorphic transformation before the adult stage. That would counter the whole concept behind this evolution family, and I doubt GF would go that far.
    As for the nymph, I do believe Jubilant typing could be interesting, although lacking. All the typings of Pokemon have insofar moves that logically hurt you either physically or indirectly through the elements. Not to mention this would likely require happiness, and the eeveelutions Espeon and Umbreon already cover that evolution method.
    Moving on to normal typing now. How exactly would the evolution work? Stones that could evolve would make no sense as it would technically already be available by Pokemon Logic, and again happiness cannot and will not be factored in. What else could pertain to a normal type eeveelution? Exactly...

Now lets take Ninon as the basis, which is silk.
    Ninon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ninon is a silk cloth, and what is silk? A fiber. Fiber would make for a good type as it is not only silk, but a lot of other organic materials. It could offer some pretty cool type combos, and unlike the happy type mentioned, physical attacks could spawn from this typing in a logical way. I do understand new types are a bit daunting but I do believe it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Sure we have Altaria, but my point still stands. Eeveelutions have been type specific with their designs, and while they still look like foxes, even Glaceon and Leafeon follow design patterns that fall into their type, when they could have been something more out there. I see no reason why GF would stray away from this now, instead of with those 2.
    Bullshit, there is NOTHING pointing to a new type with Ninfia... if anything he'd be Normal... we won't be getting a new type... you've been proven wrong 3 times now... honestly the new type discussion is the most pointless speculation... if GF hinted at a new type yeah but you're grasping at straws.... 17 types is enough... it's been 13 years let the new type thing die already
    Whoa there buddy, lets sit down for a bit shall we? First time I'm agreeing with a new type, and its because its actually logical. I've been incorrect about a few points yes, but thanks to human error, not because of flaws in my logic.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Fibre type seems plausible, but frankly I don't think GameFreak's gonna make a new type. If they did they would've done so in Gen 5, because it's like the new Kanto. Also, the hassle of putting a new type into older generation pokemon. Back when they introduced Dark and Steel type in Gen 2, out of the 151 pokemon in Gen 1,they only changed the Magnemite line's typing to Electric/Steel. If they introduce a new type now, imagine some of the 649 pokemon that would need a type redo.
    For Ninfina (surprised its not called nineon), because of the streamer flowy design, I think it would be a flying type. Reminds me of the streamers on an air conditioner XD. It could use gust with those streamers! However, although it's cute, I'm not too keen on the bow on it's ear.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Spinarak and Cottonee would honestly be the only Pokemon that would change. As for the name, the -eon suffix is only for the American games, and the random sounding name is normal for Japan. I wonder what the full meaning of the name is, Ninfia. I mean we could also Nin is ninon, but what would the -fia be?

It baffles me that the main argument of the people against new types is that "it's been like that for too long" and "it would mess up the types chart". It's beyond me how things staying still for too long is a good thing. Regardless to how good it is -- and frankly, it is one of the best turn-based battle systems -- and in spite of the risk in that, the Pokémon battle system needs some shaking up. A new type wouldn't be enough, but it would certainly be a catalyst and a step to the right direction.
    Jeff likes this.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I really, really, really hope they don't make a new type. And even if they did, I don't like the Fiber Type idea, at all. I just feel like the existing types are really good for this series and I just can't think of any new ones that would fit well enough for me, personally.

Blog Entries

I mean we could also Nin is ninon, but what would the -fia be?
    It is possible that they just borrowed the suffix from "Leafia". While "Glacia" lacks an 'f', "Ninfia" just sounds better than "Ninia" does.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

On second thought, perhaps the Nymph idea, the greek mythology idea not the bug one, has more credentials then originally thought. Ninfa is the spanish word for Nymph, so Ninfia would work I guess. But have they ever used non-enlgish words for the Romanization before? Good lord I can't wait till the -Eon name cause it would definitely be the deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I mean we could also Nin is ninon, but what would the -fia be?
    It is possible that they just borrowed the suffix from "Leafia". While "Glacia" lacks an 'f', "Ninfia" just sounds better than "Ninia" does.
    True, but I'm also thinking of other possibilities like the one I posted.

Blog Entries

On second thought, perhaps the Nymph idea, the greek mythology idea not the bug one, has more credentials then originally thought. Ninfa is the spanish word for Nymph, so Ninfia would work I guess. But have they ever used non-enlgish words for the Romanization before? Good lord I can't wait till the -Eon name cause it would definitely be the deal breaker.
    They haven't used non-English words for the Eeveelutions.

Blog Entries

There will not be a new type... there is no logical reason... and Fiber type really out of all the possible types that has to be the stupidest... silk would be something to do with bugs because you know silk comes from silkWORMS there will be no new type /end thread
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But in Japanese, "nymph" IS written ニンフ (ni-n-fu). When a western word has 'm' right before a consonant (like "computer"), in katakana m is changed by a n (コピュータ, ko-n-pyuu-ta). So, "Ninfia" (or Nymphia) does come from "nymph". The fact "nymph" is "ninfa" in Spanish (and another languages), is just coincidence.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

I'm baffled by the arguments against a new type. I mean, if you're against it, then at least make some good arguments. Not just "I don't like it," or, "It's been too long."

I was hoping for a Light-type, but I guess a Fabric-type would be pretty interesting and unusual. Definitely not something I was expecting.
    UnknownStory likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    There will not be a new type... there is no logical reason... and Fiber type really out of all the possible types that has to be the stupidest... silk would be something to do with bugs because you know silk comes from silkWORMS there will be no new type /end thread
    Instead of posting random blurbs that make little to no sense for a train of thought, how about posting a legitimate argument for once? What exactly is stupid about fiber, which would offer some pretty interesting designs, and not to mention would allow the introduction of more synthetic Pokemon? Why would silk have to do with bugs, when up till now they have done nothing to connect the two? More importantly lets say the correlation happens between silk and the bug type, why do it with Eevee, and not an actual silkworm Pokemon, like Sewaddle could have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    But in Japanese, "nymph" IS written ニンフ (ni-n-fu). When a western word has 'm' right before a consonant (like "computer"), in katakana m is changed by a n (コピュータ, ko-n-pyuu-ta). So, "Ninfia" (or Nymphia) does come from "nymph". The fact "nymph" is "ninfa" in Spanish (and another languages), is just coincidence.
    Well then that just muddles things even more. I just can't see this being based on a bug that would still be in its infant stages, nor can I see this being a Pokemon based on dancing maidens. GF taking us for a ride with this Pokemon, and you know what? I likey, Been a good while since Pokemon made us spin our wheels to understand it.

Nymphs can be considered a type of Fairy.

What has Fairies mostly been associated in Pokemon?

Normal-Type. Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Snubull, Granbull.

Nymph = Fairy = Normal Type.
    Bob the Builder likes this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Nymphs can be considered a type of Fairy.

What has Fairies mostly been associated in Pokemon?

Normal-Type. Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Snubull, Granbull.

Nymph = Fairy = Normal Type.
    I do say sir, your logic is so infallible that I do believe I have to put up my speculation vest, and call it a day. You have proven us all wrong! [/sarcasm]

Lord knows I wouldn't mind a Fairy-type, though. ; D
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Page 3 of 260 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast