The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart - Page 253

View Poll Results: Is the Fairy-type OP?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 27.66%
  • No

34 72.34%
Page 253 of 260 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 3889
Like Tree2122Likes

Thread: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

It's been confirmed via the Global Link website that the Lake trio, Cresselia, Mismagius, Celebi, Manaphy and Meloetta haven't been retconned. The website displays the details of any trade (even before it happens), so you can ask for any Pokémon and check its types on the website. Do note that this doesn't work for Diancie, Volcanion or Hoppa.

I've also personally tested Glalie, which is unchanged. I think that the only other feasible candidates are Milotic, Cherrim, Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin and Victini. But I doubt that they've changed when the above haven't; Game Freak's criteria leave a lot to be desired.
    Last edited by Silktree; 25th October 2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Bolt the Cat and Juvarra like this.

Blog Entries

At this point, I'm fairly certain the only ones they changed were the ones they put in the game, which is a shame.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Shame Celebi and some of the others weren't retconned :/ Oh well, I guess they can't all be. Im not terribly surprised in any case as I didnt expect them to really retcon legendaries.

Racing and Pokemon fan. White Yoshi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Whimiscott is now Grass/Fairy and I don't think Whimiscott is in any Kalos Pokedex.

I'm personally loving this new type, I now see people using dragon types less (which got a bit annoying).

However, is it just me or has Fairy just became the new overpowered type. Steel and Poison are rarely used offensively (espicially Poison).

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by White Yoshi View Post
    I think Whimiscott is now Grass/Fairy and I don't think Whimiscott is in any Kalos Pokedex.

I'm personally loving this new type, I now see people using dragon types less (which got a bit annoying).

However, is it just me or has Fairy just became the new overpowered type. Steel and Poison are rarely used offensively (espicially Poison).
    ^This. Fairy is pretty much the new Dragon honestly.

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quotes stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

IIRC, the most competitively useful non-mega Fairy we have is Togekiss? Many Fairies are still pretty common and weak, and we don't have a Fairy pseudo legend. Plus Steel and Poison weren't really use offensively was because they had didn't have much they were SE against. (Steel was SE against Rock and Ice, so Fighting already covered it. Poison is still pretty crap, but giving it an advantage over Fairy can help it.)
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoniki View Post

Highly doubit it. Dragon type was strong not because of the type itself but because of the pokemon themselves. Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon and Haxorus are some of the most powerful pokemon in existence. There's hardly any good Fairy type pokemon stats wise with the exception of Gardevoir, Azumarill, Togekiss, Sylveon and probably Florges and Mega Mawile but these don't compared to those five dragons i mentioned, at least in competitive battling.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post

Highly doubit it. Dragon type was strong not because of the type itself but because of the pokemon themselves. Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon and Haxorus are some of the most powerful pokemon in existence. There's hardly any good Fairy type pokemon stats wise with the exception of Gardevoir, Azumarill, Togekiss, Sylveon and probably Florges and Mega Mawile but these don't compared to those five dragons i mentioned, at least in competitive battling.
    Well I can't really say in terms of competitive battling.

...but Dragon were only weak to itself and Ice. Using Dragons is a gamble and most Ice types are pretty slow compared to Dragon (not to mention that Dragon does normal damage to Ice) and some Dragons can know flamethrower. Fairy was a good edition to balance it but I still feel like they are a tad overpowered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post

Well I can't really say in terms of competitive battling.

...but Dragon were only weak to itself and Ice. Using Dragons is a gamble and most Ice types are pretty slow compared to Dragon (not to mention that Dragon does normal damage to Ice) and some Dragons can know flamethrower. Fairy was a good edition to balance it but I still feel like they are a tad overpowered.
    With most of the strong steel types having Bullet Punch and now Gengar can use Sludge Bomb more effectively i doubt Fairy type is going to be overpowered and also Ice type had Ice Shard to deal with the Dragons and it's still a really good move to be used in defeating them.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love that we have a Grass/Fairy type because it makes Poison even more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    IIRC, the most competitively useful non-mega Fairy we have is Togekiss? Many Fairies are still pretty common and weak, and we don't have a Fairy pseudo legend. Plus Steel and Poison weren't really use offensively was because they had didn't have much they were SE against. (Steel was SE against Rock and Ice, so Fighting already covered it. Poison is still pretty crap, but giving it an advantage over Fairy can help it.)
    Yeah, I think Togekiss and Sylveon are really the only viable non-legendary and non-mega Fairies. Poison and Steel have plenty of Pokemon that are great statswise, for Poison we have stuff like Crobat, Gengar, Drapion, and maybe Nidoking, and for Steel we have stuff like Lucario, Bisharp, Excadrill, and Metagross.

We really need better Fairies.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

...So I guess I'm the only one that found that Florges is a beast? Or maybe my Florges just had good stats...

Blog Entries

I guess I can't consider any Pokemon weak, I like to use Spritzee and Swirlix and don't plan on an evolution :p.

Well I see that a few Fairies have high stat totals but I still find others with lower useful (Dedenne is an example).

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Fairy isn't overpowered. Like, not even close.

The general consensus from the early stages of the metagame is that they have had a subtle yet definite influence on the metagame, without being dominant or centralising. Which is more or less exactly what most competitive players predicted would happen.

Togekiss, Mawile and Azumarill are the only fairies that have a solid offensive role in the metagame, and while powerful they still have their flaws. Sylveon, Florges and Clefable have strong supporting niches, but being geared toward special walling hampers their ability to counter the physical threats their typing is designed to beat.

tl;dr, they're useful, yet balanced.

Blog Entries

Ok, now I'm seeing the picture.

...but more powerful fairies (like pseudo-legendary) would throw off this balance.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Ok, now I'm seeing the picture.

...but more powerful fairies (like pseudo-legendary) would throw off this balance.
    Not necessarily, because Steel is such a strong, omnipresent counter. In fact, the mere existence of Scizor and Heatran means even powerful Fairies will have to rely on their team-mates to get around those stumbling blocks.

Like most other types, pretty much.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.