The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart - Page 2

View Poll Results: Is the Fairy-type OP?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 26.67%
  • No

33 73.33%
Page 2 of 260 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2118Likes

Thread: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Nyx

Default Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

I'm not liking the whole Fabric-type idea...
    What types of attacks could be classified as "fabric-type"? And what Pokemon would the "fabric-type" include? Throh and Sawk?

"Fabric" is kind of non-nonsensical and vague. You need to be able to mostly tell most Pokemon's types by a glance, and fabric - you just can't.

Now if you took a similar idea and made it a "Puppet" or "Toy" type I could actually see that working. Since the obvious signs of an animated puppet would be marionette strings, zippers, patchwork. And there's a lot of fiction about toys coming to life.

And you'd only really have to retcon Shuppet and Banette into Ghost/Puppet-type Pokemon.

But even if that were the case, I don't see any such signs on Ninfina.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

How bout Fiber? We're toying what that idea in the CoroCoro thread, and it makes more sense then Fabric. Fiber's could be anything from silk to wool, to even fibers in vegetables. Its not man made and more organic, and it could work with some interesting type dualities. As for weaknesses/strengths, I can see it weak to fire and psychic, with it being strong against fighting, ghost(it would be the first physical typing to hurt it!) and perhaps rock, considering how the common types of fiber are water based or grass based. Thoughts?
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Nah, this time around its justified. Eeveelutions are type-specific, and when you have a series which keeps its type genres to a specific look, it raises questions when something like this doesn't fit to anything. Bug type? Too fox like, and it doesn't have something characteristically bug about it. Those ribbons are ribbons, not butterflies. Dragon's aren't furry, normal Eeveelution would be more eeveeish, and psychic is something we already have covered. We should be speculating on it, and not going straight away for the argument that no new types will happen. Gen 6 is likely to be the generation with the biggest overhaul, and a new type would fit with it.

I would put the likelihood of Sound, Beauty, Beast, Love, Spirit, Gravity, Magic, Energy, Mythic, Machine, Light, Life, Puppet, Space, Sea, Wind, AND Forest-types as concepts all well before something just plain weird as Fabric.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

If they were to modify the type chart, I'd hope that Poison would become Super-Effective against both Water and Bug. While there are many bugs that are poisonous/venomous, there's still the fact that various ones can be susceptible to kinds of poison.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I would put the likelihood of Sound, Beauty, Beast, Love, Spirit, Gravity, Magic, Energy, Mythic, Machine, Light, Life, Puppet, Space, Sea, Wind, AND Forest-types as concepts all well before something just plain weird as Fabric.
    Again, not fabric, but fiber. Fabric would be the interweaving of many fibers by humans, were as fiber is the organic material many thing are made of.
    Textile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fiber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Major difference in the two. We'll likely know by Friday what the english name is, and if its Nineon, based on Ninon, well then what type would it be? Nympheon as well would raise questions, as nympheon could refer to both bugs, and the ancient greek mythlogical creatures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Nah, this time around its justified. Eeveelutions are type-specific, and when you have a series which keeps its type genres to a specific look, it raises questions when something like this doesn't fit to anything. Bug type? Too fox like, and it doesn't have something characteristically bug about it. Those ribbons are ribbons, not butterflies. Dragon's aren't furry, normal Eeveelution would be more eeveeish, and psychic is something we already have covered. We should be speculating on it, and not going straight away for the argument that no new types will happen. Gen 6 is likely to be the generation with the biggest overhaul, and a new type would fit with it.
    If Alteria can be a Dragon so can Ninfia... there is no evidence for a new type at all... it's been over 13 years since we got new types... Ninfia can easily be Flying or Dragon (again Alteria) I'm 99.999999999% sure we won't get a new type
    Five-Gate Omega likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Sure we have Altaria, but my point still stands. Eeveelutions have been type specific with their designs, and while they still look like foxes, even Glaceon and Leafeon follow design patterns that fall into their type, when they could have been something more out there. I see no reason why GF would stray away from this now, instead of with those 2.
    Silktree likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

How bout Fiber? We're toying what that idea in the CoroCoro thread, and it makes more sense then Fabric. Fiber's could be anything from silk to wool, to even fibers in vegetables. Its not man made and more organic, and it could work with some interesting type dualities. As for weaknesses/strengths, I can see it weak to fire and psychic, with it being strong against fighting, ghost(it would be the first physical typing to hurt it!) and perhaps rock, considering how the common types of fiber are water based or grass based. Thoughts?
    Screw brand new pokemon, I just want a new bran pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If Ninfia is the first sign of a Fabric type as implied by its name and design, then I see it being weak to Poison, Fire and Bug and resistant to (at least) Water.
    It could also be resistant to Electric-type, as per optical fiber, which is an insulator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I wish the new type discussion would be banned... it's getting stupider and stupider... we won't be getting a new type... this type of speculation is pointless...
    I guess one can always opt not to participate in these discussions though, cause they will always exists as long as there's no new type.

As long as the Pokemon franchise moves forward, I wouldn't rule anything out honestly.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If Ninfia is the first sign of a Fabric type as implied by its name and design, then I see it being weak to Poison, Fire and Bug and resistant to (at least) Water.
    Sounds familiar...

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    What types of attacks could be classified as "fabric-type"?
    Bind, Wrap, Harden, String Shot, Constrict, Cotton Spore, Spider Web, Mirror Coat and Camouflage come to mind.

And what Pokemon would the "fabric-type" include? Throh and Sawk?
    It should be Pokémon naturally associated with fibers. There are actually not that many of them: Mareep, Flaafy, Cottonee and Whimsicott, and to a lesser extent the Spinarak, Joltik and Scraggy families (the problem being that they already have two types).

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Sounds familiar...
    Those are just the obvious match-ups. The other ones could be arbitrary (as is often the case) to set Fiber apart from Grass. A resistance to Fighting would also make sense.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th February 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Sure we have Altaria, but my point still stands. Eeveelutions have been type specific with their designs, and while they still look like foxes, even Glaceon and Leafeon follow design patterns that fall into their type, when they could have been something more out there. I see no reason why GF would stray away from this now, instead of with those 2.
    Bullshit, there is NOTHING pointing to a new type with Ninfia... if anything he'd be Normal... we won't be getting a new type... you've been proven wrong 3 times now... honestly the new type discussion is the most pointless speculation... if GF hinted at a new type yeah but you're grasping at straws.... 17 types is enough... it's been 13 years let the new type thing die already
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 2 of 260 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast