Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see? - Page 35

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    Team Gaara likes this.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    All this, yes. Tauros and Bouffalant ore no more related than... well, than a bull an a buffalo. I mean, Tauros and Miltank have a possible relationship going on, but if one says that Tauros and Bouffalant should be related because they're both bovine creatures, one must then also say that they have to be related to Girafarig, anther bovine, and that Pachirisu and Emolga should be related, cuz they're both squirrels, and plenty of other examples. Just cuz pokemon may be based off the same animal family, or even the same species, doesn't mean they have to be related. I mean, sure, I can SEE Luvdisc and Alomomola being connected, but they're not, so that's the end of that. Currently the only thing that bothers me about Pokemon is (quite unjustifiably on my part) Flygon's typing... I think as a creature based off the antlion it coulda been a perfect Dragon/Bug, but that's just my strange thought process.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I disagree with all those save Sawsbuck, Manetric and maybe Houndoom. The rest of those pokemon you have don't NEED a pre-evo or an evolution. They are fine the way they are.
    While I agree with you that the majority of those don't need evolutions, I'm not sure why you think some such as Mawile and Stantler don't need them, but Sawsbuck, Manectric and Houndoom do need them? Those three are all perfectly fine the way they are; they are strong and fast with good abilities and movepools.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I disagree with all those save Sawsbuck, Manetric and maybe Houndoom. The rest of those pokemon you have don't NEED a pre-evo or an evolution. They are fine the way they are.
    While I agree with you that the majority of those don't need evolutions, I'm not sure why you think some such as Mawile and Stantler don't need them, but Sawsbuck, Manectric and Houndoom do need them? Those three are all perfectly fine the way they are; they are strong and fast with good abilities and movepools.
    Hmmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I can see Mawile needing an evolution; now I'm unsure for Stantler now....

Urgh, okay sorry; I don't think Sawsbuck needs any evolution. I don't know why put that, my bad. But for Houndoom and Manectric...I really don't know, I just feel that they could do another evolution for them. *shrugs* Though I wouldn't object if they remained as they are; after all, not all Pokémon needed to evolve more than once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Hmmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I can see Mawile needing an evolution; now I'm unsure for Stantler now....

Urgh, okay sorry; I don't think Sawsbuck needs any evolution. I don't know why put that, my bad. But for Houndoom and Manectric...I really don't know, I just feel that they could do another evolution for them. *shrugs* Though I wouldn't object if they remained as they are; after all, not all Pokémon needed to evolve more than once.
    Sableye getting an evo is pretty likely, since he's appearing in the movie, and they like showing new evos in movies (ex. Munchlax.) And since Sableye and Mawile are considered like counterparts, it is also likely it will get an evo (though not as likely as Sableye, since they don't always give evos to counterparts....)

Concerning the rest of them (Sawsbuck, Houndoom, Manectric) originally, I though it would be pretty much impossible for any of them to get evos, since their BSTs are already pretty high, but then I remember that in Gen IV we got evos of Electabuzz, Magmar, Magneton and some others, all of which had pretty good BSTs for fully evolved Pokes. Thus, it is likely that anything could happen, and I HOPE that we do get evos for them (except Houndoom.)
    The_Doctor likes this.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An evolution for Lumineon. I feel like the Lumineon Family is probably the least used (or even remembered) of the fish Pokémon that exist (well that have an evolution). I think the reason for this is because of its mediocre stats and I honestly really like Lumineon's Design which makes it kind of sad. So an evolution for Lumineon like this with maybe even the secondary typing of Psychic would be great...

lumineon-evolution.png
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 9th May 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Phoenixon and The_Doctor like this.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

An evolution for rapidash would be awesome, along with an evolution for pinsir. I find it unfair that scyther gets an evolution while pinsir is left alone. And rapidash is just awesome and has so much potential to become cooler :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Donphan could get an evolution. An elephant with wings! I always wanted to see Donphan use fly.
    Why not just make the ears bigger...oh wait, Disney would sue. >.<

I'd love to see Mawile get an evolution. Maybe then I'd actually use it.
    Spypitoad likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Follow Tyzerra On Twitter
    Visit Tyzerra's Youtube Channel

I desperately want an evolution for Mawile. Mawile's Futakuchi-onna basis is pretty unique for a Pokémon and an evolution would have great potential for how amazingly-cool it would look. Not to mention that a Steel-type Mawile-evolution with increased stats has even greater potential for competitive play; especially if it becomes Steel/Dark too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    All this, yes. Tauros and Bouffalant ore no more related than... well, than a bull an a buffalo. I mean, Tauros and Miltank have a possible relationship going on, but if one says that Tauros and Bouffalant should be related because they're both bovine creatures, one must then also say that they have to be related to Girafarig, anther bovine, and that Pachirisu and Emolga should be related, cuz they're both squirrels, and plenty of other examples. Just cuz pokemon may be based off the same animal family, or even the same species, doesn't mean they have to be related. I mean, sure, I can SEE Luvdisc and Alomomola being connected, but they're not, so that's the end of that. Currently the only thing that bothers me about Pokemon is (quite unjustifiably on my part) Flygon's typing... I think as a creature based off the antlion it coulda been a perfect Dragon/Bug, but that's just my strange thought process.
    I have to disagree. I grew up with all Pokemon descending from Mew. If that is indeed true, then all Pokemon are related. Besides making similar looking Pokemon is pretty lazy; at least making them evos and pre-evos makes it slightly more excusable. Luvdisc and Alomomola do look similar enough to warrant an evolutionary connection in my opinion. My guess is that the only reason Alomo isn't an evolution for Luvdisc has to do with the fact that it was Gen V. As for Tauros and Bouffalant, they could probably have a pre-evo connecting them since the are both normal-type bovine Pokemon with the same total base stats. Also as an aside, at least bulls and buffaloes are of the same family. I mean look at Remoroid and Octillery; those two wouldn't even be in the same phylum.

And to BigBadButterfree: I couldn't agree with you more about Flygon. Especially since Gible and co. came one generation later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post
    I have to disagree. I grew up with all Pokemon descending from Mew. If that is indeed true, then all Pokemon are related. Besides making similar looking Pokemon is pretty lazy; at least making them evos and pre-evos makes it slightly more excusable. Luvdisc and Alomomola do look similar enough to warrant an evolutionary connection in my opinion. My guess is that the only reason Alomo isn't an evolution for Luvdisc has to do with the fact that it was Gen V. As for Tauros and Bouffalant, they could probably have a pre-evo connecting them since the are both normal-type bovine Pokemon with the same total base stats. Also as an aside, at least bulls and buffaloes are of the same family. I mean look at Remoroid and Octillery; those two wouldn't even be in the same phylum.

And to BigBadButterfree: I couldn't agree with you more about Flygon. Especially since Gible and co. came one generation later.
    They would also have to overhaul their stats, as Luvdisc and Alomomola are about the same in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post

They would also have to overhaul their stats, as Luvdisc and Alomomola are about the same in stats.
    They aren't terribly close with Alomomola having 470 total base stats, and Luvdisc with 330. There are plenty of real evolutions that are closer. If anything I think retconning the move pools of one or the other would be the bigger issue.

Follow Tyzerra On Twitter
    Visit Tyzerra's Youtube Channel

Geez. You guys know that you can cut out some of those quotes, right? You don't need to quote the entire conversation; only the last post that you're replying too :P

Also this, since it's likely to get lost in your huge walls of quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyzerra369 View Post
    I desperately want an evolution for Mawile. Mawile's Futakuchi-onna basis is pretty unique for a Pokémon and an evolution would have great potential for how amazingly-cool it would look. Not to mention that a Steel-type Mawile-evolution with increased stats has even greater potential for competitive play; especially if it becomes Steel/Dark too.

Blog Entries

Geez. You guys know that you can cut out some of those quotes, right? You don't need to quote the entire conversation; only the last post that you're replying too :P
    We know. We're just too lazy. Well, at least me.

Sorry, I have the memory span of a pea so being able to read the entire conversation is convenient at times
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast