Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see? - Page 35

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 824
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

  1. #511
    Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    Team Gaara likes this.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102


    IGN: Antonio

    URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

  2. #512
    Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Viridian Forest, obviously.
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    All this, yes. Tauros and Bouffalant ore no more related than... well, than a bull an a buffalo. I mean, Tauros and Miltank have a possible relationship going on, but if one says that Tauros and Bouffalant should be related because they're both bovine creatures, one must then also say that they have to be related to Girafarig, anther bovine, and that Pachirisu and Emolga should be related, cuz they're both squirrels, and plenty of other examples. Just cuz pokemon may be based off the same animal family, or even the same species, doesn't mean they have to be related. I mean, sure, I can SEE Luvdisc and Alomomola being connected, but they're not, so that's the end of that. Currently the only thing that bothers me about Pokemon is (quite unjustifiably on my part) Flygon's typing... I think as a creature based off the antlion it coulda been a perfect Dragon/Bug, but that's just my strange thought process.

  3. #513
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I disagree with all those save Sawsbuck, Manetric and maybe Houndoom. The rest of those pokemon you have don't NEED a pre-evo or an evolution. They are fine the way they are.
    While I agree with you that the majority of those don't need evolutions, I'm not sure why you think some such as Mawile and Stantler don't need them, but Sawsbuck, Manectric and Houndoom do need them? Those three are all perfectly fine the way they are; they are strong and fast with good abilities and movepools.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  4. #514
    Registered User Velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I disagree with all those save Sawsbuck, Manetric and maybe Houndoom. The rest of those pokemon you have don't NEED a pre-evo or an evolution. They are fine the way they are.
    While I agree with you that the majority of those don't need evolutions, I'm not sure why you think some such as Mawile and Stantler don't need them, but Sawsbuck, Manectric and Houndoom do need them? Those three are all perfectly fine the way they are; they are strong and fast with good abilities and movepools.
    Hmmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I can see Mawile needing an evolution; now I'm unsure for Stantler now....

    Urgh, okay sorry; I don't think Sawsbuck needs any evolution. I don't know why put that, my bad. But for Houndoom and Manectric...I really don't know, I just feel that they could do another evolution for them. *shrugs* Though I wouldn't object if they remained as they are; after all, not all Pokémon needed to evolve more than once.

  5. #515
    Human Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Generation VII
    Posts
    320
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I disagree with all those save Sawsbuck, Manetric and maybe Houndoom. The rest of those pokemon you have don't NEED a pre-evo or an evolution. They are fine the way they are.
    While I agree with you that the majority of those don't need evolutions, I'm not sure why you think some such as Mawile and Stantler don't need them, but Sawsbuck, Manectric and Houndoom do need them? Those three are all perfectly fine the way they are; they are strong and fast with good abilities and movepools.
    Hmmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I can see Mawile needing an evolution; now I'm unsure for Stantler now....

    Urgh, okay sorry; I don't think Sawsbuck needs any evolution. I don't know why put that, my bad. But for Houndoom and Manectric...I really don't know, I just feel that they could do another evolution for them. *shrugs* Though I wouldn't object if they remained as they are; after all, not all Pokémon needed to evolve more than once.
    Sableye getting an evo is pretty likely, since he's appearing in the movie, and they like showing new evos in movies (ex. Munchlax.) And since Sableye and Mawile are considered like counterparts, it is also likely it will get an evo (though not as likely as Sableye, since they don't always give evos to counterparts....)

    Concerning the rest of them (Sawsbuck, Houndoom, Manectric) originally, I though it would be pretty much impossible for any of them to get evos, since their BSTs are already pretty high, but then I remember that in Gen IV we got evos of Electabuzz, Magmar, Magneton and some others, all of which had pretty good BSTs for fully evolved Pokes. Thus, it is likely that anything could happen, and I HOPE that we do get evos for them (except Houndoom.)
    The_Doctor likes this.

  6. #516
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    An evolution for Lumineon. I feel like the Lumineon Family is probably the least used (or even remembered) of the fish Pokémon that exist (well that have an evolution). I think the reason for this is because of its mediocre stats and I honestly really like Lumineon's Design which makes it kind of sad. So an evolution for Lumineon like this with maybe even the secondary typing of Psychic would be great...

    lumineon-evolution.png
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 9th May 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Phoenixon and The_Doctor like this.

    Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

  7. #517
    Registered User Akhenaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    An evolution for rapidash would be awesome, along with an evolution for pinsir. I find it unfair that scyther gets an evolution while pinsir is left alone. And rapidash is just awesome and has so much potential to become cooler :P

  8. #518
    ♥ Grand Riser ♥ Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Battle Maison
    Posts
    7,020
    Blog Entries
    102

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Donphan could get an evolution. An elephant with wings! I always wanted to see Donphan use fly.
    Why not just make the ears bigger...oh wait, Disney would sue. >.<

    I'd love to see Mawile get an evolution. Maybe then I'd actually use it.
    Spypitoad likes this.

    Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

  9. #519
    Pokémon Master Tyzerra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56
    Follow Tyzerra On Twitter
    Visit Tyzerra's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    I desperately want an evolution for Mawile. Mawile's Futakuchi-onna basis is pretty unique for a Pokémon and an evolution would have great potential for how amazingly-cool it would look. Not to mention that a Steel-type Mawile-evolution with increased stats has even greater potential for competitive play; especially if it becomes Steel/Dark too.

  10. #520
    Hail to the Kingler Rithirh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    All this, yes. Tauros and Bouffalant ore no more related than... well, than a bull an a buffalo. I mean, Tauros and Miltank have a possible relationship going on, but if one says that Tauros and Bouffalant should be related because they're both bovine creatures, one must then also say that they have to be related to Girafarig, anther bovine, and that Pachirisu and Emolga should be related, cuz they're both squirrels, and plenty of other examples. Just cuz pokemon may be based off the same animal family, or even the same species, doesn't mean they have to be related. I mean, sure, I can SEE Luvdisc and Alomomola being connected, but they're not, so that's the end of that. Currently the only thing that bothers me about Pokemon is (quite unjustifiably on my part) Flygon's typing... I think as a creature based off the antlion it coulda been a perfect Dragon/Bug, but that's just my strange thought process.
    I have to disagree. I grew up with all Pokemon descending from Mew. If that is indeed true, then all Pokemon are related. Besides making similar looking Pokemon is pretty lazy; at least making them evos and pre-evos makes it slightly more excusable. Luvdisc and Alomomola do look similar enough to warrant an evolutionary connection in my opinion. My guess is that the only reason Alomo isn't an evolution for Luvdisc has to do with the fact that it was Gen V. As for Tauros and Bouffalant, they could probably have a pre-evo connecting them since the are both normal-type bovine Pokemon with the same total base stats. Also as an aside, at least bulls and buffaloes are of the same family. I mean look at Remoroid and Octillery; those two wouldn't even be in the same phylum.

    And to BigBadButterfree: I couldn't agree with you more about Flygon. Especially since Gible and co. came one generation later.

  11. #521
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    All this, yes. Tauros and Bouffalant ore no more related than... well, than a bull an a buffalo. I mean, Tauros and Miltank have a possible relationship going on, but if one says that Tauros and Bouffalant should be related because they're both bovine creatures, one must then also say that they have to be related to Girafarig, anther bovine, and that Pachirisu and Emolga should be related, cuz they're both squirrels, and plenty of other examples. Just cuz pokemon may be based off the same animal family, or even the same species, doesn't mean they have to be related. I mean, sure, I can SEE Luvdisc and Alomomola being connected, but they're not, so that's the end of that. Currently the only thing that bothers me about Pokemon is (quite unjustifiably on my part) Flygon's typing... I think as a creature based off the antlion it coulda been a perfect Dragon/Bug, but that's just my strange thought process.
    I have to disagree. I grew up with all Pokemon descending from Mew. If that is indeed true, then all Pokemon are related. Besides making similar looking Pokemon is pretty lazy; at least making them evos and pre-evos makes it slightly more excusable. Luvdisc and Alomomola do look similar enough to warrant an evolutionary connection in my opinion. My guess is that the only reason Alomo isn't an evolution for Luvdisc has to do with the fact that it was Gen V. As for Tauros and Bouffalant, they could probably have a pre-evo connecting them since the are both normal-type bovine Pokemon with the same total base stats. Also as an aside, at least bulls and buffaloes are of the same family. I mean look at Remoroid and Octillery; those two wouldn't even be in the same phylum.

    And to BigBadButterfree: I couldn't agree with you more about Flygon. Especially since Gible and co. came one generation later.
    They would also have to overhaul their stats, as Luvdisc and Alomomola are about the same in stats.

  12. #522
    Hail to the Kingler Rithirh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Why are people so hung up on this one. They're both generally decent, nothing-special pokemon. The fact they look alike doesn't mean shit. When's the last time you saw someone hoping for a baby to connect Magikarp and Feebas or Goldeen and Finneon? Just because they're both bovid doesn't mean they're family.
    I completely agree. It's such an utterly ridiculous thought that just because two Pokemon look similar means that they just HAVE to be in the same evolution family! They were created as separate Pokemon for good reasons. Saying that they have to be related by evolution, just HAVE to be, is insulting.
    I believe the same thing for Luvdisc and Alomomola. They introduced this big-ass, heart shaped, water Pokemon in a generation where they had no intention of connecting any of them with any Pokemon from past generations. They knew Luvdisc was lying around, they just didn't want Alomomola to be related to it, obviously.
    Yes, yes! This one actually makes less sense to connect than Tauros and Bouffalant do. Not only do their stats focus on different areas and that they play differently, but their themes don't mesh well. Luvdisc represents romantic love while Alomomola represents motherliness or motherly love.
    All this, yes. Tauros and Bouffalant ore no more related than... well, than a bull an a buffalo. I mean, Tauros and Miltank have a possible relationship going on, but if one says that Tauros and Bouffalant should be related because they're both bovine creatures, one must then also say that they have to be related to Girafarig, anther bovine, and that Pachirisu and Emolga should be related, cuz they're both squirrels, and plenty of other examples. Just cuz pokemon may be based off the same animal family, or even the same species, doesn't mean they have to be related. I mean, sure, I can SEE Luvdisc and Alomomola being connected, but they're not, so that's the end of that. Currently the only thing that bothers me about Pokemon is (quite unjustifiably on my part) Flygon's typing... I think as a creature based off the antlion it coulda been a perfect Dragon/Bug, but that's just my strange thought process.
    I have to disagree. I grew up with all Pokemon descending from Mew. If that is indeed true, then all Pokemon are related. Besides making similar looking Pokemon is pretty lazy; at least making them evos and pre-evos makes it slightly more excusable. Luvdisc and Alomomola do look similar enough to warrant an evolutionary connection in my opinion. My guess is that the only reason Alomo isn't an evolution for Luvdisc has to do with the fact that it was Gen V. As for Tauros and Bouffalant, they could probably have a pre-evo connecting them since the are both normal-type bovine Pokemon with the same total base stats. Also as an aside, at least bulls and buffaloes are of the same family. I mean look at Remoroid and Octillery; those two wouldn't even be in the same phylum.

    And to BigBadButterfree: I couldn't agree with you more about Flygon. Especially since Gible and co. came one generation later.
    They would also have to overhaul their stats, as Luvdisc and Alomomola are about the same in stats.
    They aren't terribly close with Alomomola having 470 total base stats, and Luvdisc with 330. There are plenty of real evolutions that are closer. If anything I think retconning the move pools of one or the other would be the bigger issue.

  13. #523
    Pokémon Master Tyzerra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56
    Follow Tyzerra On Twitter
    Visit Tyzerra's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Geez. You guys know that you can cut out some of those quotes, right? You don't need to quote the entire conversation; only the last post that you're replying too :P

    Also this, since it's likely to get lost in your huge walls of quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyzerra369 View Post
    I desperately want an evolution for Mawile. Mawile's Futakuchi-onna basis is pretty unique for a Pokémon and an evolution would have great potential for how amazingly-cool it would look. Not to mention that a Steel-type Mawile-evolution with increased stats has even greater potential for competitive play; especially if it becomes Steel/Dark too.

  14. #524
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyzerra369 View Post
    Geez. You guys know that you can cut out some of those quotes, right? You don't need to quote the entire conversation; only the last post that you're replying too :P
    We know. We're just too lazy. Well, at least me.

  15. #525
    Hail to the Kingler Rithirh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyzerra369 View Post
    Geez. You guys know that you can cut out some of those quotes, right? You don't need to quote the entire conversation; only the last post that you're replying too :P
    Sorry, I have the memory span of a pea so being able to read the entire conversation is convenient at times
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •