Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see? - Page 25

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I think it'd be cool to see Vanilish getting a split-evolution, since its real evolution is a bit boring, kind of like how we got Politoed as an alternate to Poliwrath.

Anyway, my idea is that it becomes...Ice/Fire. WHAT?
    For a second I think you were veering off into the realm of it being a hot-fudge sundae.

As for the topic, given the Unova Pokemon we see in the trailer I wouldn't mind seeing Palpitoad getting a new evolution as well as Druddigon getting Roselia-treatment. Though I hope if it does get a final form it still retains its "I look as though a four-year-old made me with Legos." look. Perhaps something not too drastic like Rypherior/Magmortar/Electivire. Cryogonal could use a new evolution as well I suppose, Pre-evo. Chimecho should get an evolution as well. I'm strongly advocating for this, it could retain its normal bell-serene design but upping the speed and bulk. Upping that Sp.Atk.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 25th February 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chimecho should turn into a Psychic/Electric telephone, with its bell becoming an old-style telephone head, its face can resemble the old dial wheel, and its tails twists like a phone cord.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

i'd kind of like to see Yanmega evolve into an even bigger dragonfly with actual bug/dragon typing. i doubt it will happen though, because he's already kind of awesome. XD

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was looking at Druddigon's page the other day and I remembered EV yields have been good indicators for possible pre-evolutions.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like there to still be some good single-stages around, though. Generally "strong enough" pokémon that are still enough of their own entity to not particularly want a preevolution are all good candidates to remain as such. Like Heracross and whatnot.

I really don't like preevolutions much, I'd rather have them focus more on evolving small pokémon you'd swear they'd be cappable of evolving. I still am disappointed Hoenn missed the chance of a Corsola evolution too... they had a town above a CORSOLA REEF.
    The_Doctor and Owain like this.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

It's not related particularly to evolution, but I think that Castform should get a new form for Sandstorm weather, and definitely some more weather related moves.
    Mega Gengar likes this.
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

Follow Meophist On Twitter

I hope Castform gets an evolution for each of the weathers.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    I hope Castform gets an evolution for each of the weathers.
    yeah i had been hoping for this for gen V. castform deserves a sandstorm forme, and THEN, to evolve based on its form if it levels while in one, into four different flying/X or whatever possiblities. a pure flying castform would be a dreeeaaaaammmm come truuueeee.

ive always loved castform, but it's been less useful than so many other pokes. great gimmick tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    I'd like there to still be some good single-stages around, though. Generally "strong enough" pokémon that are still enough of their own entity to not particularly want a preevolution are all good candidates to remain as such. Like Heracross and whatnot.

I really don't like preevolutions much, I'd rather have them focus more on evolving small pokémon you'd swear they'd be cappable of evolving. I still am disappointed Hoenn missed the chance of a Corsola evolution too... they had a town above a CORSOLA REEF.
    Hey, there are still RS remakes on the way, it's not too late to make the connection! ;)

And I agree on the single stage part too. If a single stage mon already has good power, such as Druddigon or Absol to give an example or two, then I don't see any reason to mess with it. Single stagers are not necessarily a bad thing unless they're far under-powered (to need an evo) or huge (to need a pre-evo).

Quote Originally Posted by JLomb View Post
    It's not related particularly to evolution, but I think that Castform should get a new form for Sandstorm weather, and definitely some more weather related moves.
    Yes, please. Castform should have a form for every weather. And actually, I wouldn't mind a cool Castform evolution. Castform isn't really that strong, so I'd love to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I think it'd be cool to see Vanilish getting a split-evolution, since its real evolution is a bit boring.
    ...Chocolate anyone? Maybe Strawberry? Neapolitan with Tri-Attack added to the level up list? :D

Or for your Ice/Fire idea... a flaming hot fudge sundae, like Gotpika suggested. I like this discussion :D

I would like to see a non-corrupt evolution of Porygon2, cause Porygon-Z is said to to be buggy.(Not sure if this has already been said)

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love to see an expanded evolution of Volbeat and Illumise. I don't know, I think they could be expanded upon, like they haven't reached their full potential as fireflies. No better stats are required...I just want to see more sparkly things, really.

Speaking of which, Sableye! What a badass that could be!

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    Speaking of which, Sableye! What a badass that could be!
    I believe Sableye really would want an evolution.

It's more or less a shadowy goblin. But they tend to appear as either underlings, or small goblin-like creatures. Small shadows that just lurk and get their stones, with little organization.
    While the ideas of Goblin Lords and such associated with them, and of a larger shadow commanding those smaller ones that lurk, have always been really popular in fictional lore.
    So the way I see an evolution relating to this pokémon would focus in how they can take a large collection of gems somewhere. It would ADD to Sableye itself giving it a further purpose and point to obtaining the gems and lurkirng (its behavior) so they do it for a further reason other than "it's what they do", while also being a long-awaited expansion to the line as its own creature.

And honestly? Seeing we recently got a minigame revolving on a Sableye getting gems, along the promise of many old pokémon around this time, I'd say it's a pretty likely choice too.

The other side really is how Mawile would evolve, given it is a counterpart to Sableye. (Although that doesn't mean it'd NEED to evolve even if Sableye does, mind you).
    Mawile is actually a personal want... partially simply because I think it'd look cool. But also I think it doesn't quite live up to the deceiving "cute on one side threatening on the other" concept enough. Futakuchi-onna were known for their hair being prehensible, and far more autonomous than merely just a back jaw: from picking up food on their own to restraining victims so they couldn't escape.
    So an evolution where Mawile looked prettier while the jaw was more of its own entity and more vicious would actually work according to its lore. Perhaps, Mawileevo looks to the front, with the back jaw turned itself along with trendils menacingly coming from behind.

Hey, there are still RS remakes on the way, it's not too late to make the connection! ;)
    Regardless if there are RS remakes, there would be no sense making a pokémon exclusively for the sake of it showing up in remake...

However, that Corsola do evolve on certain circumstances which are introduced in a different game and location (a coast or something from region ____ that happens the greatest coral reef in the pokémon world or whatever), could work to introduce such evolution that then, if there is any form of visit to Hoenn, could be also put in there by making it so Pacifidlog's population actually reaches these circumstances in some fashion (either by retconning, or ideally a future Hoenn where the town has changed)

But I wouldn't count on this. It's still too bad how little connection Gen III had on past pokémon anyways.

[/overexposition]

I think Sharpedo could use an evolution, not much of a boost to its attacking stats, but it has base 40 defenses, that's worst than a lot of first stage pokemon. It only has a BST of 460, so an evolution wouldn't be too powerful.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

If Gen VI follows the footsteps of Gen V (as Gen II follows Gen I):
    *A branched pre-evo for Pansage, Pansear, Panpour (Tyrogue-treatment, but evolves via stones)
    *A pre-evo for Minccino (Pichu-treatment, as she is a replacement for Pikachu in Unova Dex, but this is unnecessary)
    *A pre-evo for Audino (but this is unnecessary)
    *Two evos for Emolga (Porygon-treatment)
    *A pre-evo and a Trio-master for Throh and Sawk (Tyrogue-treatment, but pre-evo is unneccessary)
    *A pre-evo and an evo for Durant (Roselia-treatment)

If Gen VI can have a good time for Hoenn-based remakes/sequels:
    *Two fusion evos for Plusle and Minun (Porygon-treatment + fusion evolutions)
    *A pre-evo for Lunatone and Solrock (even genderless Pokémon shall receive branched pre-evo)
    *A pre-evo and an evo for Torkoal (Roselia-treatment)
    *A pre-evo for Relicanth (I think he looked too big)

Other:
    *A pre-evo and an evo for Farfetch'd (Roselia-treatment)
    *A pre-evo for Eevee (completing three-stage evolution lines, as too many guys want more Eeveelutions)
    *Two evos for Dunsparce (Porygon-treatment)
    *A pre-evo and an evo for Qwilfish (Roselia-treatment)
    *A pre-evo for Sneasel (completing three-stage evolution lines)
    *A pre-evo for Buizel (completing three-stage evolution lines)
    *A pre-evo for Buneary (completing three-stage evolution lines)

Blog Entries

@S.S. Shadow Minun; can you please stop? You've posted the same post three times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted Paradise View Post
    I think Sharpedo could use an evolution, not much of a boost to its attacking stats, but it has base 40 defenses, that's worst than a lot of first stage pokemon. It only has a BST of 460, so an evolution wouldn't be too powerful.
    I agree. This, or introduce an entirely new shark line (but that's for another thread), although I think Sharpedo could use a nice boost. Besides, sharks are cool and I really want to see a whole shark Pokemon, not just a half one.
    Owain likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast