Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see? - Page 17

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

I don't understand why some fans like to think of certain Pokémon as jokes. Farfetch'd deserves something good; it wouldn't detract from whatever Game Freak originally meant when they created it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I don't understand why some fans like to think of certain Pokémon as jokes. Farfetch'd deserves something good; it wouldn't detract from whatever Game Freak originally meant when they created it.
    Some Pokemon were just introduced as a means of exploring different mechanics or other such gimmicks introduce in the games, hence the term gimmick Pokemon. Generally, most gimmick Pokemon do not see improvements as the only things going for them are the gimmicks they represent. Take Pokemon such as Unown, Spinda, Plulse and Minun, or Chatot, those are all gimmick Pokemon in a sense, and haven't gotten their own lines either. And not everyone wants to see lines for those Pokemon for that matter.

Farfetch'd was a gimmick Pokemon because originally it could only be obtained by trading with an NPC, and it was thus a way of demonstrating how trades worked. That also makes Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Lickitung, Jynx and anything-else-I'm-forgetting gimmick Pokemon, as they too originally could only be obtained by trading with NPCs. So then, you're probably now asking why those aforementioned Pokemon got pre-evos or evolutions then. Farfetch'd is just nothing more than a duck carrying an onion stick, based on an old saying that more or less means a surprising convenience. How is it convenient? Because it's a duck that already has the necessary ingredients to cook up and eat. Basically, walking delicacy that is fated to be eaten. Tough luck for it then. How do you go along that then when thinking up an evolution line?

Besides that, the other trade-only Pokemon back then all had a greater potential than Farfetch'd did. Even without Lickitung's evolution for instance, a Lickitung will still fare better than a regular Farfetch'd. Those Pokemon are more worthwhile, and generally easier to work with overall.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

The "gimmick" associated with Farfetch'd is fairly weak and is definitely not intuitive. Plenty of people don't see Farfetch'd that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai
    Besides that, the other trade-only Pokemon back then all had a greater potential than Farfetch'd did. Even without Lickitung's evolution for instance, a Lickitung will still fare better than a regular Farfetch'd. Those Pokemon are more worthwhile, and generally easier to work with overall.
    Lickitung is hardly more useful than Farfetch'd is. Also, since when does a Pokémon need to be strong to merit an evolution? Backwards logic much?

Farfetch'd is just nothing more than a duck carrying an onion stick, based on an old saying that more or less means a surprising convenience. How is it convenient? Because it's a duck that already has the necessary ingredients to cook up and eat. Basically, walking delicacy that is fated to be eaten. Tough luck for it then. How do you go along that then when thinking up an evolution line?
    If you want to eat Pokémon, I'm afraid you're playing the wrong games. The Pokédex entries don't refer to Farfetch'd as a delicacy, but there are multiple references to the stick being used as a sword:

"The plant stalk it holds is its weapon. The stalk is used like a sword to cut all sorts of things."
    "It can't live without the stalk it holds. That's why it defends the stalk from attackers with its life."
    "If anyone tries to disturb where the essential plant sticks grow, it uses its own stick to thwart them."

It is relatively easy to imagine how Farfetch'd might evolve into the first Fighting/Flying-type species.

Take Pokemon such as Unown
    Just because a Pokémon isn't meant to be used in battle doesn't make it a gimmick. The Unown exist for the sake of the mythology; they may not even be Pokémon.
    Last edited by Silktree; 31st January 2013 at 04:12 AM.

Blog Entries

It's not so much actual game canon. Of course it's not a delicacy in the games. It's largely to do with its origin that ultimately inspired its design. Yes it uses its stick as a sword, tool, and nest building material. That's giving its possession a practical use. But in real life, a duck carrying an onion stick would just likely be hunted down. Again, its the old saying that inspired its overall design, and possibly the inspiration on the way it was originally obtained. A duck that is setting itself up is the loser, a trainer that trades away their Pokemon that has better potential is also the loser. In some ways, there is a relation there.

I understand that not everyone views Farfetch'd the same way, but this is how I do. Farfetch'd has kind of always been a complex Pokemon in regards to origins, leaving many guessing and speculating. I liked the column's thoughts on the matter because I actually felt it brought sense to its whole origin, as well as to sense as to why it was originally a trade-only Pokemon. It's my opinion yes, I don't expect everyone else to agree.

And Unown was a gimmick Pokemon because it was the first specie to introduce forms. And like you said, existing for the sake of mythology. That's still a gimmick. Pokemon don't need some sort of battle gimmick to be considered one. Spinda's main gimmick is that each one has different facial spots, not because of the way it battles.
    Last edited by Isamu Akai; 31st January 2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Typos. I was up late writing this before.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I had a Dream where Ash battling with Glalie .
    Then An Attack cause Glalie's body to crack .
    Then The Crack grow and Glalie evolve into this pokemon-

Anyway I love to see Glalie to have a expand evolution like this .
    However , It can work as Milotic's expand evolution.

Looks kinda like a Digi—

I don't understand the ground part, but other than that, it's pretty cool.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why would you ruin Glalie by having it morph into that?

It makes no sense.
    Youngsage3 likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Glalie is an Ice type, I dont really see it evolving into a Water/Ground type, but that is a pretty awesome looking fake Pokemon.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 31st January 2013 at 01:37 PM.

Nyx

Gorgeous fakemon! It looks nothing like Glalie though, and since they made Frosslass I doubt they'll do anything more with the Snorunt family.

I definitely want some more eeveelutions. hopefully i'll finally be able to get a normal type eeveelution!! and also i want a evolution for dunsparce. like normal/dragon!
    My Pokémon white version FC:4169-4052-9190

id like to see more pokemon that we can use the dna splicers on

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Why would you ruin Glalie by having it morph into that?

It makes no sense.
    Because I see Glalie's body as a Cocoon !

Blog Entries

Awful, I idea...I just imagined Farfetch'd evolving into a roasted duck. Like its evolution is a cooked version of itself. O_O

But really, if it evolved maybe it would be something like a 'chef' pokemon, and have a crest like a chef's hat or something.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Personally I would enjoy an evolution line where the Pokemon would evolve upon reaching full friendship or no friendship, with a different form for each.
    For existing Pokemon--I'd like to see a mid-way evolution between Growlithe and Arcanine. I mean it just seems a big jump for a little gamboling puppy to turn into a gigantic wolfbeast described as "Legendary".

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because I see Glalie's body as a Cocoon !
    I mean, I can understand the idea of it possibly losing its armor, but it's based off a Japanese Oni Head...having it evolve into a beautiful serpentine just craps all over that motif.

But really, if it evolved maybe it would be something like a 'chef' pokemon, and have a crest like a chef's hat or something.
    That'd be way more creative than the usual idea of it becoming a Kendo Pokemon.

In order to stop people from eating it, Farfetch'd becomes a master chef, cooking amazing food...thus, instead of eating it, people value what it cooks more-so. Its Leek evolves as well to resemble a giant soup-spoon.
    mykalriley likes this.

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast