Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see? - Page 16

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    On the subject of Eevee again, just came up with something: Finish the eeveelutions off with a Dragon-type, then make a physical alternative to Eevee, which only has physical evolutions, and link both Eevee and the alternative with a baby prevo that split evolves into one or the other. I'd totally get behind a really crazy evo-tree like that.
    I don't get it why people still mentally think of types as Physical and Special, they don't use that system anymore.

I really don't see why there should be a "Physical" Eevee variant when they can play around with types all they want. Leafeon is a Grass-type, which was previously Special-only, but since they made the change in Gen IV they saw the opportunity to let Leafeon focus on its Attack stat instead, and I think this is enough proof that they won't end the Eeveelutions after the Dragon-type one.
    Why shouldn't they? Just because they don't use the old physical/special system, doesn't mean we can't use it as the basis for interesting evo-trees. And I didn't say that they'll stop making eeveelutions after Dragon.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    On the subject of Eevee again, just came up with something: Finish the eeveelutions off with a Dragon-type, then make a physical alternative to Eevee, which only has physical evolutions, and link both Eevee and the alternative with a baby prevo that split evolves into one or the other. I'd totally get behind a really crazy evo-tree like that.
    I don't get it why people still mentally think of types as Physical and Special, they don't use that system anymore.

I really don't see why there should be a "Physical" Eevee variant when they can play around with types all they want. Leafeon is a Grass-type, which was previously Special-only, but since they made the change in Gen IV they saw the opportunity to let Leafeon focus on its Attack stat instead, and I think this is enough proof that they won't end the Eeveelutions after the Dragon-type one.
    Why shouldn't they? Just because they don't use the old physical/special system, doesn't mean we can't use it as the basis for interesting evo-trees. And I didn't say that they'll stop making eeveelutions after Dragon.
    Because I don't see why it should be necessary. Why should there be a "Physical" Eevee variant, and then a baby pre-evo connect them two, when they can simply give Eevee whatever type evolution they want? I just find it redundant. Also, one reason why Eevee is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time is because of its unique Eeveelutions, and I think their fans would be disappointed if they decide to stop that line with a possible Dragon-type and slap on the other types onto a new Pokemon. It wouldn't be the same.

They might not cater to the fans, but when it comes to Pikachu, Eevee and the like, I honestly think they do. A little more, at least.
    mykalriley likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Simply because its easier to give Eevee all the evolutions and maintain its uniqueness in the Pokemon world. Moreover I think there is much more money in it for the Pokemon Company and Nintendo if Eevee remains the only Pokemon that can evolve into multiple types. Eevee is just too popular now to be ripped off by not getting an Eeveelution for ALL the types. Had your idea presented itself way back in Gen 2 or something it might have worked, but not so well now. Given the special/physical type divide has been changed now and that Eevee is often used as one of the Elite Pokemon (Pikachu, Eevee, Mew, the Starters etc.) - its just so much better overall marketing wise to just let Eevee stay the Queen of All when it comes to Evolution.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Mawile could do with an evolution. I've always loved Mawile's design, but it does need an extra push to be useful in battle - same with Heatmor too, now that I think about it. I also wouldn't be surprised if Swoobat received an evolution; after all, it is Unova's Golbat and Golbat received an evolution in the generation after introduction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    A Steel/Ghost Golurk evolution. Give it Meteor Mash and you have the most badass Pokémon ever.
    That high-pitched shrieking you're hearing? That's just me agreeing with you. Quite loudly. But yes, this. Times infinity. The epic would kill!

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

in addition to the usually requested ones, i'd like to see Illumise and Volbeat evolve into something useful. maybe one a Bug/Fire Fire fly and the other a Bug/Elec Lightning-bug-glow-worm. i've always found them to be dull and just... there.

Chatot should evolve into something more interesting too. and a Spinda big cute Panda evo. :P and BUG EEEVVVEEEEEEEEE! that is all.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Generally, Hoenn's and Unova's Pokémon would appreciate extended evolutions. Unova obviously is entirely unrelated to any other region, while Hoenn also has a really low amount of relatives in other places.

Personal wants? Mawile and Sableye are at a point where they'd really appreciate them, I'd think. There's much more that could be expanded on them that would not only explore their roles much more but add to the individual species, too.

Someone mentioned a Jynx evolution. I'd really like that, because to me it seems Jynx got shafted at generation IV: She clearly had something going with Magmar and Electabuzz (Fire-Ice-Lighting humanoids, recieved very similar baby forms, all of them close in the dex) but it seems it got broken at that point.

[/overexposition]

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Generally, Hoenn's and Unova's Pokémon would appreciate extended evolutions. Unova obviously is entirely unrelated to any other region, while Hoenn also has a really low amount of relatives in other places.

Personal wants? Mawile and Sableye are at a point where they'd really appreciate them, I'd think. There's much more that could be expanded on them that would not only explore their roles much more but add to the individual species, too.

Someone mentioned a Jynx evolution. I'd really like that, because to me it seems Jynx got shafted at generation IV: She clearly had something going with Magmar and Electabuzz (Fire-Ice-Lighting humanoids, recieved very similar baby forms, all of them close in the dex) but it seems it got broken at that point.
    I would welcome Jynx and Mr. Mime evolutions that looked less like their awkward middle stages and more like their more appealing baby forms - cuter and more animalistic/bestial rather than so pseudo-humanoid that they're a bit grotesque.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I really really want Donphan to have a expand evolution !
    It based on a Elephant .
    So It should have a expand evolution 2 generation ago .
    But it still haven't got one .
    Mucrush likes this.

Blog Entries

I want them to introduce a real evolution of Arbok as a funny reference to the whole "Arbok evolves into Seviper" thing.
    Berrenta likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    A Steel/Ghost Golurk evolution. Give it Meteor Mash and you have the most badass Pokémon ever.
    That high-pitched shrieking you're hearing? That's just me agreeing with you. Quite loudly. But yes, this. Times infinity. The epic would kill!
    And make sure to give it a usable special attack stat and make it look like Big O.
    Last edited by MetalKing1417; 30th January 2013 at 03:24 PM.
    I want my Meloetta!

Blog Entries

OH THANK GOD
    Pecking order

Blog Entries

Also a Torkoal evo. And Mawile and Sableye like many have said.

Hoenn was really neglected in terms of families. :/

I'm expecting mostly Unova prevos/evos, like Sawk/Throh, Basculin, and Sigilyph.

Not Stunfisk though. Derpfish is fine as is.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I kind of want them to pull another Roselia...introduce a pre-evo and evolution at once to a rather ho-hum single stage Pokemon...it'd probably be a Gen V Pokemon, I'd wager.

First one that comes to mind is Stunfisk given its popularity, and why I can see (and imagine) a adorable Baby Stunfisk, I can't think of an evolution for it really, because honestly, it's one of those that's perfect as is. :P

Maybe Maractus, though, given it's kind of a new Roselia.

But if not Gen V, maybe they'll surprise us by giving either Pinsir or Farfetch'd an evolution AND a pre-evolution.

Blog Entries

Now that Farfetch'd is mentioned, I'm actually probably one of the few people who doesn't want Farfetch'd to get a pre-evo or evolution (same with Kangaskhan too). My thoughts on this largely comes from George Hutcheon's well written column on its origin. I have to agree with him that Farfetch'd was probably introduced as a way to fool us players into trading something that could potentially become stronger, in return for something not quite up to snuff. In short, a gimmick Pokemon meant to con us foolish players back in the hayday of our youths playing Gen I.

You can argue that Farfetch'd no longer fits that role now that it can be found and caught in the wild, but I actually do kind of like and prefer how Farfetch'd still keeps some of its ties to its original role by having no evolutions or pre-evos. So I also have to agree with George here that I'd rather not see a Farfetch'd evolution.

With Kangaskhan, that's a different argument, but not today.
    Winterdaze likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast