Events in the Remakes

View Poll Results: How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just give us the event Pokémon directly

10 18.18%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

45 81.82%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Events in the Remakes

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter

Default Events in the Remakes

In Ruby and Sapphire, there were events for Pokemon such as Deoxys. What events do you think will happen for the remakes?

I see there being Deoxys and Jirachi events and Id love to see Faraway Island and Navel Rock since I never had the oppurtunity to get those in Gen 3. Discuss.

Default Re: Events in the Remakes

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    In Ruby and Sapphire, there were events for Pokemon such as Deoxys. What events do you think will happen for the remakes?
    There weren't any events in Ruby and Sapphire aside from the Southern Island one. Emerald had the coding for the Birth Island event, but it was never unlocked outside Europe.

Blog Entries

Sorry, they could always include the Emerald events, since Im expecting these to have features from Emerald. I just would like to see them possibly recreating the events for these games. Southern Island would be nice. I think it would be good if they allowed you to catch the other Lati with it's Mega Stone.

Blog Entries

I think we'll obviously get Jirachi and Deoxys.

But I also want to see Meleotta and... Mew, perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries

I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    I think we'll obviously get Jirachi
    There was no in-game event for Jirachi in the original games, so I don't see how it's obvious. Especially considering that XY don't seem to have any in-game events (no coding for special items has been found).

If you're just referring to distributions, then I don't think that has much to do with these particular games. Jirachi had a Japanese distribution last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi
    I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.
    The event really needs to be expanded. I think it was a waste to use Mr. Briney for it instead of someone with actual knowledge about Mew.

Blog Entries

Agreed with old events coming back.

Besides that, perhaps some new event Pokémon and Jirachi. I can see Manaphy due to the prevalence of water in Hoenn.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I think we'll obviously get Jirachi
    There was no in-game event for Jirachi in the original games, so I don't see how it's obvious. Especially considering that XY don't seem to have any in-game events (no coding for special items has been found).
    Isn't the fact that there was no in-game event for Jirachi a good reason for them to MAKE an in-game event for Jirachi in OR/AS?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can we eliminate events entirely? If I miss an event or lose a game I can never access that content again. I want Pokemon games I can enjoy just as much 10 years from now.

That won't happen; but it's be nice to have more in-game legendaries. Every game since FRLG has added bonus legendaries from other regions. Hoenn has so many native legendaries that it can fill the region with them first.

Isn't the fact that there was no in-game event for Jirachi a good reason for them to MAKE an in-game event for Jirachi in OR/AS?
    That isn't the point. You said it was obvious; I fail to see how it is.

Blog Entries

Manaphy would be nice. It seems to have had few events.

I wish they didnt take out all the in game ones. it seriously is so lame to just be handed the Pokemon. I want to catch it.

Blog Entries
    Follow PyroKinesis On Twitter

Well they better bring back Deoxys and Jirachi.

Asides from those of R/S/E, maybe Celebi, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, and Keldeo.
    GPX+: | VDP:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post

If you're just referring to distributions, then I don't think that has much to do with these particular games. Jirachi had a Japanese distribution last year.
    I think Jirachi was distributed twice last year in Japan. Once for the Best Wishes series (over Wi-Fi) and the second time for the Tanabata Festival (in-life event).

I agree with @Shiny Celebi, they should make another Faraway Island Mew Event for everyone this time.

Puzzle & Dragons Addict Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I'm guessing that Jirachi could be given away over Wi-Fi around the launch of the game, whereas we could have events programmed in for Mew and Deoxys (like in Emerald) at the very least. Southern Island returning could be cool too.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast