Error 13267

View Poll Results: Is Error 13267 a good thing or a bad thing?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • a good thing

12 31.58%
  • a bad thing

26 68.42%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error 13267

Post Thanks / Like

Default Error 13267

For those who haven't heard of it before, error 13267 on the GTS implies that you are not allowed to offer your pokemon for trade because the system believes said pokemon is hacked.

But what if you know you haven't got a hacked pokemon? What if you know you raised it by yourself, caught it on an an adventure long ago and feel fit to send it on its merry way internationally?

Turns out Error 13267 also applies to pokemon that have inappropriate nicknames O_O.

This error stops you from trading pokemon with swear words in their nicknames because Nintendo have a profanity filter.

BUT once again what if, like me, you've never sent a pokemon off with a rude name before and you still get this problem? Well, turns out, nintendo thinks it's own pokemon's names are offensive too O_O

here's a list of pokemon that must be nicknamed to something more child friendly before being allowed to trade:

FroslASS

CoFAGarius

WEEdle

There are more but i haven't the imagination to work them all out.

This link highlights the ludicrousness of this error Pokemon Black and White Error 13267? Stop Cursing | Gameolosophy

So, any other pokemon I have to rename before I can trade them? -_-'

sig courtesy of blue dragon http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Pearl friend code: 1334 8992 8416
    White friend code: 1334 7742 9693

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Error 13267

Marshtomp won't work either, even though it's not fully spelled out.

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I thought Nintendo fixed the problemw here perfectly normal names were getting blocked off?

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This reminded me of Halo 3, where you couldn't play back a film named "Big Team Slayer", and it censored it if you were connected to XBL.

Word filters never work, all they do is backfire. Besides, they take away the fun of naming a Kakuna "Penis".

But of course, moral guardians win.

EDIT: Fitting video

Last edited by Gligar13; 12th July 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Post Thanks / Like

Marshtomp? Seriously? O_o

Let me explain why I made this post so you can feel my pain.

I was on the GTS last night and I searched for Jirachi. Amongst the millions of Zekrom lvl.1 requests was a CHANNEL Jirachi lvl.5 that wanted a Froslass. WIN! I thought. I go to find my Froslass I only just transferred less than 24 hours ago and BOOM: error 13267.

FML >.<

/cry

sig courtesy of blue dragon http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Judai Yuki on Tumblr Visit Judai Yuki's Youtube Channel

Nintendo's being paranoid...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raizhu View Post
    Nintendo's being paranoid...
    They were when Wii online came out. Remember FCs, no voice chat in random battle, and not being able to set your own mottos or even know who you were playing against in PBR?

Unfortunately, Pokemon Battle Revolution never does show off a considerable amount of depth, as the online experience is as stripped down and basic as the single player mode. Players can opt to either head into random battle with a worldwide opponent or team up with friends for a Pokemon rivalry, but it's never a seriously engaging experience. In worldwide you'll select a level and game type, and then head into random matchmaking. There's no list of waiting players or amount of fighters per stadium, however, so meeting up with an opponent can be a bit of a hassle. We've had matches begin in a matter of seconds, and others take up to five minutes before finally giving us an error code that we can only assume means there was a disconnection problem or lack of competition.

The good...

... and the bad.

In the case of a disconnection, you'll need to go through the entire Wi-Fi connection process again, re-select your pass, pick the type of fight you wish to do, and then start matchmaking for a second time. Add a few of these disconnection issues together and you've got a large chunk of time devoted to reselecting options and jumping through Nintendo online hoops. It's not exactly the online experience we were hoping for, and a pretty underwhelming debut for the Wii console.

One of the biggest issues with Pokemon Battle Revolution isn't found in technical shortcomings, but in the lack of motivation players will have when in the game. Online battles result in no post-battle stats and there's no reason to fight, as the game lacks any kind of leaderboards, tournaments, trophies or achievements. Unless you're doing it for the thrill of battle - which some players will be - there's literally no global competitive structure to encourage fights. Why create a game that's about "being the best there ever was" if there's no way to find out when you are? Pokemon Battle Revolution's online offering is simply one-dimensional, as your only option is to pair up with friends or random partners, battle, and then move on to something else. No incentive, no character development, and no lasting appeal.
    Source: Pokemon Battle Revolution Review - Wii Review at IGN

I'm suprised it took everyone this long to realize Nintendo failed.

(Cue you get nothing)

Post Thanks / Like

We are still relatively early in our online gaming development as an international community. Take WoW for example: people from all over the area getting along and developing friendships and working together in teams. Dissidents who don't like to play nice are banned by GMs.

An implementation of fair play and respect into all competitive gaming is what's required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow that's just a bit crazy. Seriously Marshtomp? That's the most stupidest thing in the world. I guess they did fail long time ago, and it doesn't matter what they will do, people will always find a way around it. Like write the name in numbers if possible (Like how you can write Boobs in a calculator) or whatever,

But seriously? WEEdle? That's even more stupider, the people who even use Wee are children themselves unless you are just cheering and going Wee on a swing.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Wow that's just a bit crazy. Seriously Marshtomp? That's the most stupidest thing in the world. I guess they did fail long time ago, and it doesn't matter what they will do, people will always find a way around it. Like write the name in numbers if possible (Like how you can write Boobs in a calculator) or whatever,

But seriously? WEEdle? That's even more stupider, the people who even use Wee are children themselves unless you are just cheering and going Wee on a swing.
    Or weewee (aka urine) or it's more likely WEEDle (weed like marijuana)

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, I totally forgot Weedle also had the name Weed in it XD, although it's still a bit silly considering weed also means those annoying plants or whatever that shows up in your gardens.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yet Oddish is the weed Pokémon...

I'm divided over whether it's good or bad. Maybe if the actual names were exempt from it, but it does stop certain nicknames. The good and bad cancel each other out.
    (as if anyone in their right mind would use a Weedle for anything online, anyway)

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

i have a few pokes with an OT with the name Penis so idk yet if the filter applies to OT names as well.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it does, then double fail, as some events might get blocked too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I say let the little Froslasses see swear words on their traded Pokemon. It builds character. Plus it's not everyday that you get a Pokemon named "UrABitchLOL". (This happened to me once on Diamond)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast