End Credits

Thread: End Credits

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default End Credits

In my opinion, the end credits in Generation V were weak compared to the other generations. Especially after we got a simple 'travelling back home' end credits for the Sinnoh games, and some sprite montage in the Johto games, of Generation IV.

I want to see some sort of interactive end credits, sort of like the beginning of LittleBigPlanet games, or the more favourable option, have graphics relating to the player's journey pan across the screen. I understand how putting Pokémon in there can be difficult, but it should be easy when it is just the player character with a stand off against the Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and Champion, and their Pokémon. Maybe even some for the Rivals and the Villainous Team.

What do you want to see in the End Credits?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: End Credits

What do I want to see... an option to skip them :P

More to the point, I'd prefer something unique relevant to what you just accomplished. No credits seem to have done that so far (the Gen 5 ones to an extent with seeing N go off on his dragon). Reviewing the journey or going home is a tad boring in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fokko View Post
    What do I want to see... an option to skip them :P
    I actually second this.

The only thing end credits ever did was take some of my time. I understand that they have to be shown, but I honestly don't care for how they look.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would like to see something plot-related or region-related like in Gen V.

What I most want to see is something more than a blank background in the credits the second time around and later. When you beat the main story, there's some imagery to look at, but after that there's literally nothing. (although BW2 keeps the scenes at the beginning and end of the credits)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    In my opinion, the end credits in Generation V were weak compared to the other generations.
    I hope that only applies to B2W2 ;_; Because imo, BW had the best end credits EVER. The music totally rocked (which was really awesome), and it showed N flying on his dragon.
    B2W2... yeah, it was a bit boring, but I found the whole 'journey back home' to be cute.

Anyways...

I agree with adding the skip feature since not everybody wants to see it. I'd also like a playable mini-game in the background while the credits roll.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The option to skip them is alive. Just soft reset. Has you save before they role

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    In my opinion, the end credits in Generation V were weak compared to the other generations.
    Well, it's just my opinion but I think Gen V had the best ending credits. Or at least the music is my favorite out of all generations, because it's so memorable. Specially BW2 ending theme is just...so pretty.
    Sure, it's boring when the credits shows only white background after the first time, but at least the music is awesome.

I'm expecting to see some awesome 3D things in this generation, dunno what but anything that looks cool is fine to me. And if the music is good and memorable.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see some small anime scenes, like the B2W2 trailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just want it to be a montage of some sort. My favorite happens to be the one they use most often: going back home. But I really just want something to look at. BW did have good music, but there was nothing interesting else about it except N on the dragon at the very end. I really liked BW2's credits that showed all the gym leaders.

I'm not too picky on end credits, but (as grateful as I am to them for making these games) I'd at least like more than just the game designers and what not.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Showing all the Pokemon you met on your journey was something I found clever for the RSE and DP endings.

Whatever it is, though, I don't consider it much of a big deal.
    Oh?