Egg moves, and how to get them

Thread: Egg moves, and how to get them

Default Egg moves, and how to get them

Hey, I'm new here. I'm not new to Pokemon but I'm a newbie when it comes to mechanics (EVs, STAB, etc.)

I was wondering if anyone knew much about egg moves, specifically multiple ones; I'm wanting to breed for a Gligar with Power Trick AND Counter (Shuckle and Heracross) but seem to get one or the other.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

Blog Entries

Follow 062regrahc on Tumblr

Default Re: Egg moves, and how to get them

female pokemon= the hatched pokemon
    male pokemon= moves the hatched pokemon will know

kinda simple.

EDIT: 1st post :P

EDIT2: i do not believe it is possible to make it learn both moves.i suggest move tutor or other method to teach it one of the moves you seek better ask the smarter people...
    Last edited by 062regrahc; 20th April 2010 at 05:57 PM.
    3833 < Glub glub! 3833

Quote Originally Posted by MartyWrench View Post
    Hey, I'm new here. I'm not new to Pokemon but I'm a newbie when it comes to mechanics (EVs, STAB, etc.)

I was wondering if anyone knew much about egg moves, specifically multiple ones; I'm wanting to breed for a Gligar with Power Trick AND Counter (Shuckle and Heracross) but seem to get one or the other.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section.
    I thought I had a suggestion for you, but I don't think it's working anymore. I was going to suggest you breed a male Gligar that knows one of those moves so it would still be able to pass it down to the next one...but that doesn't work cause you'd need the Shuckle/Heracross to be male and two males don't breed.

Maybe through a series of chain breeding you may be able to finally get one (meaning you breed a child and then breed another child with that child, essentially giving you grandkids and great-grandkids over a period of time) but I'm not sure.

But from what I can tell, you won't be able to. However, maybe one of the people on here who do a lot of chain breeding or know more about this may be able to help you out.

Blog Entries

To get both the moves on Gligar you need a male parent that knows both moves and is capable of breeding with Gligar, there is no such male parent therefore there is no possibility of getting a Gligar with both moves. Also try the simple questions thread next time.

Thanks guys, and I apologise for not using the simple questions thread.

I've looked all over for Move Tutors that teach Power Trick and found nothing. The only probable way to get both is to use Fire Red / Leaf Green and the move tutor for Counter in Celadon. Looks like I'll have to choose one or the other...

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Use the Simple Questions thread next time, please.