Eevee and Eeveelutions - Overrated? Overpowered? Overestimated?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eevee and Eeveelutions - Overrated? Overpowered? Overestimated?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Eevee and Eeveelutions - Overrated? Overpowered? Overestimated?

People talk about Eevees everywhere. But aside from the fact you can choose an evolution for it, Eevee has never appealed to me so much to make it a must-have in my team. Except for Vaporeon, I find the others quite useless and disappointing when I tried to raise them. Raichu was far better than Jolteon and Flareon's attack stat was wasted. Umbreon was a good wall, but that was it. Espeon died too easily. Leafeon didn't learn anything good, and I didn't raise Glaceon because by the time I reached Icy Rock, I'd be so exhausted and frustrated from the snowy path that I'd just evolve it and box the fox.

So why do people like them so much? Are they useful in a way that I don't know? Is it because of their so-called gorgeous looks? What?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Eevee and Eeveelutions - Overrated? Overpowered? Overestimated?

Eevees are popular because they cute and varied

I like how they all have helping hand and generally quick so can quick pound down an enemy in 2v2 before they move

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

You didn't raise glaceon?.... It's a good Pokemon. I'd rather have it in my party more than any others since it can take down pesky dragons,and has good special attack. >.>

"Persona!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The only Eeveelutions are seem to be decent are Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, and Leafeon. Flareon is still lacking Flare Blitz and other good physical moves, and Jolteon and Glaceon don't have any decent coverage against their weaknesses.

Eeveelutions are so overrated and overhyped. Although they are very good indeed, people give them so much hype that is totally unnecessary to the point of ridiculousness. I love Eevee and its evolutions, don't get me wrong, but they don't need all that attention.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I personally like Eeveelutions and the fact that you can choose which type to evolve it into or even have more than one on your team if you choose. Some of them are pretty good, IMO. I was impressed with Leafeon and I like most of them, although some of them I havent tried using yet. Overall, I think they are descent Pokemon. I plan on using a Glaceon for White 2( Im evolving it in White then trading it over) I just like Eeveelutions, maybe people just like them.

I always like Eevee evolutions. I've actually made a team for them in the game. But since non of them could fly, dive, use strength or anything, they aren't much to look at.

I just like having them for some reason... Always loved Eevee and the evolutions but I'd never really use them I suppose. Collectors items for me :)

Well I like them cause in my experience they turned out to be quite useful ingame.I used Jolteon in my hg, vaporeon in my fr,leafeon in my pt and now I'm using Glaceon in b2.My favs are Leafeon (in pt mine was beast and let's just remember how people underestimete grass types) and Glaceon is amazing and after Froslass my fav ice type pkmn.
    Ofc no need to mention their cool designes( except for Flareon- never liked it)
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    The only Eeveelutions are seem to be decent are Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, and Leafeon. Flareon is still lacking Flare Blitz and other good physical moves, and Jolteon and Glaceon don't have any decent coverage against their weaknesses.
    Choice specs Jolteon with HP Grass OHKO-es most of the ground types I've battled. Jolteon is,in my opinion,the best Eeveelution battle-wise probably tied only with Vapoeron.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'd say Glaceon, Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Flareon are the best for battle. Mainly so I can kick the "eon" out of Jolteon, Espeon, and Umbreon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Composer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Choice specs Jolteon with HP Grass OHKO-es most of the ground types I've battled. Jolteon is,in my opinion,the best Eeveelution battle-wise probably tied only with Vapoeron.
    But not everyone is fond of Hidden Power, aside from the really competitive players.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Composer View Post
    I think Espeon trumps them both because of its Dream World ability.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

I don't understand Eevee and its evolutions' popularity... I spend a lot of time on a forum that's mainly made up of preteen and teenage girls, and pretty much every Pokemon fan on there obsesses over Eevee (if not, then they adore Vulpix, Riolu, or Zorua). I can't find a single role play on there that doesn't have at least two Eeveelutions. Everyone claims they're "cute", but I just don't see the appeal (then again, no one on there gets why I like Bug-types). I've resorted to using them a few times in the games (I think I've used Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon), but they never struck me as magnificent there, either.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I had a Vaporeon and an Espeon on my team in HeartGold. They were both VERY fast with high special attack, but Espeon especially seemed to go down way too quickly. Other than those two, I've never used them on my team. I've been thinking about going with a Glaceon when I play through Black2 though.

Overall, I like them aesthetically, they're all very cute and it's fun to decide what and when to evolve them. I do agree that they are over hyped, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast