For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Registered User HoppytheCourier's Avatar

Post Re: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Here are my favorites
    Normal: Norman
    Fire: Flannery
    Fighting: Bruno
    Water: Misty
    Bug: Burgh
    Psychic: Will
    Grass: Gardenia
    Dark: Karen
    Steel: Jasmine
    Ghost: Morty
    Dragon: Lance
    Ice: Brycen
    Rock: Brock
    Ground: Giovanni
    Flying: Falkner
    Poison: Koga
    Electric: Elesa

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Default Re: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Normal: Cheren
    Fire: Chili
    Water: Marlon
    Grass: Erika, with Cilan as a close second.
    Electric: Elesa and Volkner. I can't choose.
    Fighting: Brawly
    Poison: Roxie
    Dragon: Iris
    Rock: Roark
    Steel: Jasmine. She's such a sweetheart~
    Ice: Candice
    Ground: Bertha
    Psychic: Caitlin, although I like all the Psychic users.
    Dark: Grimsley

Default Re: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Normal: Norman (from Hoenn, I'm not sure if that's his name)
    Fire: Flannery
    Grass: Erika
    Fighting: Maylene
    Bug: Aaron
    Poison: Janine
    Flying: Skyla
    Dragon: Iris
    Psychic: Sabrina

Blog Entries

Norma - Leonora
    Grass - Erika
    Fire - Flint
    Bug - Burgh
    Dark - Grimsley (Karen a close second)
    Poison - Roxie
    Dragon - Drayden
    Water - Marlon
    Electric - Elesa, Volkner being close second
    Rock - Roark
    Ice - Glacia
    Steel - Jasmine
    Fighting - Marshal
    Psychic - Caitlin
    Flying - Skyla
    Ghost - Fantina
    Ground - Clay
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

The Benevolent Cynic Daemon Aki's Avatar

Normal - Norman. I like the whole "prove to me you're actually worth battling" thing he did, rather than be an easy and quick 1st gym.
    Grass - Gardenia. Simple process of elimination. The anime put me off Cilan and Erika is okay but her character is kinda flat. Gardenia is crazy in the anime (fawning over James' Cacnea...yeah...) and at least presents a front in-game.
    Fire - Flannery. She perfectly demonstrates that particular stage everyone gets in at some point: the noob.
    Water - Misty. Yes, yes I grew up with the Original Series anime so that put Misty miles ahead of everyone else, but I also like the whole "I wanna leave my home and travel" sorta thing since I can relate to that. Kinda sucks the anime did the opposite.
    Electric - Volkner. He looks badass. Oh, I need more? Okay, uh...I like the lazy attitude since that is just like me?
    Flying - Skyla. There really isn't much choice here. She gets points for trying to kill her challengers though.
    Bug - Burgh. Like Gardenia, process of elimination. Bugsy sounds so condescending and Aaron is a complete show-off. Burgh is kinda the mid-point, so least of the 3 evils.
    Poison - Roxie. I loathe Janine and Koga is okay, but Roxie has a rock band for crying out loud!
    Rock - Roxanne. Brock is bland and Roark...actually he's pretty bland too (the whole father/son dynamic isn't that great imo). Roxanne's not much better, but she is a teacher, something I wanna do.
    Ground - Giovanni. I really dislike both of them, I just dislike Clay a lot more.
    Ice - Lorelei. The Sevii Islands stuff was generally mediocre, except with her little excerpt and I like how GF handled that, revealing more trivia about her in the process (like her doll collection). The anime also showed Pri-I mean, Lorelei in a pretty good way.
    Ghost - Fantina. Just look at her! Her design screams "I am AWESOME!" Plus, she is really cuckoo in the anime and she uses Mismagius, my favourite Ghost type. <3
    Dragon - Clair. I don't really like the Dragon type or anyone who uses them. This one's just because I need to put someone.
    Fighting - Brawly. He is more of a man of water than Marlon will ever be. I also wish I could have his hairstyle. >.<
    Psychic - Sabrina. The anime presented her really well and I also really like the new design she seems to have taken on. Her whole schtick of trying to overcome fate as she predicts is a nice touch as well.
    Steel - Byron. I really really dislike Jasmine and Steven. I have no other option. At least his design is very good (something I think all Sinnoh leaders have).
    Dark - Grimsley. He just exudes class and his gambling style, plus being modeled after a vampire just makes him so good. Also, DAT SCARF!

Honourary mentions:
    Lenora - Her design is really good imo and kudos to her getting to the stone before Plasma. Several years before they even formed!
    Wallace - Much better fit than Steven as Champion imo and he dresses fabulously.
    Morty - If Fantina weren't so gosh darn funny, he'd be the best Ghost user hands down. Like Grimsley, I also want dat scarf!
    Lucian - Usually I dislike people with a lack of character, but Lucian leaves just enough mysterious to have me intrigued (like, does he even have psychic abilities...?)
    Karen - Her re-design for HG/SS did everything right in my book. I also really like her speech when she's beaten, and I won't go any further on that subject. ;)

Such a photogenic face...

Normal: Whitney
    Fire: Blaine
    Electric: Volkner
    Fighting: Bruno
    Flying: Winona
    Ghost: Fantina
    Steel: Steven
    Ice: Lorelei
    Dark: Sidney

Normal: Norman
    Flying: Winona
    Electric: Wattson
    Ghost: Phoebe
    Dragon: Drake

Normal: Norman - Pretty cool guy.
    Fire: Blaine - Cool team and amusing in the anime.
    Water: Misty - Partly due to the fact she's a main character, but she's the most memorable.
    Grass: Gardenia - Not much competition here but I liked her carefree attitude.
    Electric: Volker - Chilled guy, and has nice team.
    Fighting: Maylene - She was an interesting character in the anime and put a good fight.
    Bug: Burgh - The others don't present much competition.
    Poison: Janine - Simply because I like her team more than her dad's.
    Flying: Falkner - I really liked this guy in the anime, he had a good battle with Ash and he has a cool design.
    Dragon: Drake - Hard choice but this guy's design is just so badass. Shame he didn't have enough pokemon to pick from.
    Rock: Brock - Best character in the anime. What else can I say
    Ghost: Agatha - Though she barely is a ghost trainer, she is quite an interesting character and her supposed history with Oak is a mystery.
    Steel: Jasmine - For some reason I found her really likeable in the anime. And hot as well.
    Ice: Pryce - Hard old timer who doesn't give a sheet about anyone. Hell yeah.
    Ground: Giovanni - Pretty cool plot twist to find the guy you've been against all along is the final gym leader.
    Psychic: Sabrina - She was a cold b, which was a nice change in the world of pokemon.
    Dark: Sydney - I really like his team and he brings back a lot of nostalgia.

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

Oh boy...

Normal: Lenora. I really like archaeology, so her Gym being a goddamn museum is major plus points. Alaska, first black Gym Leader. Whitney is close second, because that Miltank is godly.

Fire: Blaine. His gym gets destroyed by a volcanic eruption, and instead of stepping down and letting someone else make a Gym, he goes on, turning a cave into his Gym. That takes some guts.

Water: Crasher Wake. He is hilarious. 'Nuff said.

Grass: Gardenia. The rest are meh. Grass leaders aren't that interesting.

Electric: Volkner. I like how he is handled in the games, with the bored attitude and such. It's pretty much what would happen to me if I was a Gym Leader.

Fighting: Maylene. I find it really funny how she wins the eating contest in HGSS, and I like the design of her Gym. Chuck is a close second, for being hearty and hilarious.

Bug: Burgh. He's pretty interesting, doing something other than being a bug catcher. I also love both his Gym designs.

Poison: Roxie. I like her Gym, and how she's dynamic and independent. Second by a small margin is Koga. He is a ninja! Also, him of all people getting promoted to E4 says something.

Flying: Skyla. Faulkner is too flat, and Winona is... Meh. Whereas Skyla is also a pilot.

Dragon: Drayden. The Spartan Mayor for a reason. Very interesting Gym in the sequels.

Rock: Brock. The anime bias hurts, but I like him to much there.

Ghost: Shauntal. She is a novelist, and in the sequels, she references the first games a lot.

Steel: Jasmine. She stays with Amphy, trades you her Steelix, and appears in Sunnyshore, which is actually referenced in a conversation between her and Erika. And she is a secret big eater.

Ice: Pryce. Hard old grandpa.

Ground: Clay. My favourite Leader period. He rallies up the leaders to fight Plasma in BW, drills a tunnel to Twist Mountain, Builds the PWT, turns his Podunk town into a tourist bonanza AND is a cowboy. Me like.

Paychic: Caitlin. I like the backstory she has, and her design in BWB2W2 is awesome.

Dark: Karen. You know damn well why.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

Blog Entries

Fire: Chili - <3 so adorable
    Water: Marlon - Duuude~
    Grass: Erika - One of my favorites <3
    Fighting: Maylene - She wins only by process of elimination
    Bug: Burgh - Best gym and gym music in the entire series, by far.
    Poison: Roxie - P-O-K-E-POKEMON!
    Ghost: Shauntal
    Ice: Brycen
    Ground: Giovanni - "You will serve me!"
    Psychic: Caitlin/Sabrina - Don't make me choose :V
    Dark: Karen - Love love love her new design

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I know I posted before - but a few changes!!

Normal:
    Cheren. Lovely ex-rival and provided a surprisingly challenging battle as the first gym leader.

Water:
    Marlon for being shirtless with a nice tan.

Grass:
    Gardenia. Nice use of Roserade.

Fire:
    Chili. He's all fired up XD

Electricity:
    Volkner. A real challenge as the eighth gym leader. Even my Gastrodon had trouble.

Psychic:
    Sabrina. Her design is the coolest.

Ghost:
    Mosty. His HGSS design won me over

Fighting:
    I don't have a favorite here.

Flying:
    Falkner. Elegant guy

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Normal: Lenora
    Electric: Lt. Surge (He's an AMERICAN!)
    Fighting: Marshall
    Flying: Falkner (process of elimination for this one)
    Dragon: Cynthia
    Ghost: Fantine
    Steel: Byron
    Ice: Pryce

Im building up on posts:3 mewing mewie mew's Avatar

Visit mewing mewie mew's Youtube Channel

Normal: Whitney
    Water: Wake
    Grass: Gardenia
    Electric:Volkner
    Fighting: Maylene
    Flying: Skyla
    Dragon: Drayden
    Rock: Roark
    Ground: Clay
    “The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life.
    While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.”
    ~Grovyle

Though the parting hurts, The rest is in your hands. ~Grovyle

I love mystery dungeon

I don't use stats because they are so confusing and I just don't get them...

Grass: Ericka
    Electric: Volkner
    Ground: Clay
    Psychic: Lucian
    Poison: Roxie
    Ice: Pryce
    Dragon: Drayden

Normal:Norman
    Grass:Erika
    Water:Misty
    Fire:Flannery
    Electric:Wattson
    Flying:Winona
    Ice:Candice
    Bug:Burgh
    Fighting:Marshal
    Psychic:Sabrina
    Ghost:Agatha
    Dark:Sidney