For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Blog Entries

Default For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Mods, feel free to close, move, or delete this thread as you see fit.

Every Pokémon Type has at least two Gym Leader, E4, or Champion that specializes in it. So who is your favorite person for each type?

Here's mine:
    Normal: Lenora
    Fire: Flannery
    Water: Cress
    Grass: Erika
    Electric: Elesa
    Fighting: Bruno
    Bug: Aaron
    Poison: Roxie
    Flying: Skyla
    Dragon: Clair
    Rock: Brock
    Ghost: Fantina
    Steel: Steven
    Ice: Lorelei
    Ground: Giovanni
    Psychic: Sabrina
    Dark: Grimsley

Blog Entries

Default Re: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Normal: Norman
    Fire: Flannery (Though, I honestly like all of them)
    Water: Misty/ Crasher Wake
    Grass: Gardenia
    Electric: Lt. Surge
    Fighting: Maylene
    Poison: Janine
    Flying: Winona
    Dragon: Iris/Lance
    Rock: Roxanne
    Ghost: Fantina
    Ice: Candice
    Ground: Giovanni/Bertha
    Psychic: Tate and Liza
    Dark: Sidney

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: For each Type, who's your favorite Gym Leader, E4, etc. that specializes in it?

Normal: Cheren
    Grass: Cilan
    Fire: Flannery
    Water: Wake
    Electric: Volkner
    Ground: Clay
    Bug: Burgh
    Ice: Candice
    Ghost: Shauntal
    Dragon: Lance
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Time Cat Returns Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Normal: Cheren (close second is Norman. I like Lenora too, so she's a close third.)
    Fire: Chili (Blaine at a close second)
    Water: Misty
    Ground: Clay
    Flying: Skyla
    Rock: Roxanne
    Psychic: Caitlin
    Bug: Burgh
    Ice: Brycen
    Ghost: Shauntal
    Steel: Jasmine
    Dark: Karen (because her quote is awesome)
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil, Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4), Hint Coin (Professor Layton), Pandora Claws (Kid Icarus Uprising), Speedwing (Fire Emblem)
    Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Whitney - Making children, adults and herself cry since 1999
    Gardenia - Dat poncho man, she uses Roserade and is absolutely nuts in the anime.
    Flannery - I love how she tries to be intimidating, despite being a noob. Pretty sure that Overheat was responsible for the majority of Ruby/Sapphire ragequits.
    Marlon - Chill guy, and I like his non-judgmental attitude.
    Volkner - Such a lazy assbutt, his design is sweet. I love his team, both in the original and Platinum.
    Clay - He's a tough, no nonsense guy with a heart of gold. It's awesome how he rallied the gym leaders to face Team Plasma.
    Skyla - She has a nice design, and I like her genki personality.
    Roark - Scores points for using Cranidos, and I like the relationship he has with his father.
    Chuck - He's a funny fatass.
    Caitlin - I like her backstory, and both her design and that of her room are so over the top they're amazing.
    Bugsy - He's slightly less terrible than the other two. Moving on.
    Roxie - Besides her amazing design, she's really mature and independent for her age.
    Candice - Pretty much the opposite of what you'd expect from an ice trainer. Her Platinum team will make you tear you hair out.
    Fantina - Another nutjob in the anime, she's a funny foreigner. Also soul-crushingly powerful in Platinum
    Drayden - He's like 60 and wrestles with dragons. His beard can eat you. Case closed.
    Byron - I LOVE DEFENCE
    Grimsley - Classy design, and I love what he has to say on the outcomes of battles. Definitely an ex-gambler.

Normal: Whitney. That Miltank is probably one of the few battles in the whole series that's actually hard to win against an NPC.
    Fire: Blaine.
    Water: Eh, probably Misty.
    Electric: Surge
    Fighting: Marshal
    Poison: Roxie
    Dragon: Clair
    Rock: Roxanne. <3 I just love her design so much.
    Ghost: Shauntal. Along with Roxanne, favorite NPC.
    Ice: Lorelei
    Psychic: Caitlin
    Dark: Grimsley > Sidney > Karen.
    I think we should be able to choose the genders of our Pokemon. Better yet, they should choose for themselves.
    They can also choose their orientation for breeding. Imagine the depth.

Normal: Norman
    Fire: Blaine, although I really like Flannery as well.
    Water: Misty/Wallace
    Fighting: Bruno
    Bug: Bugsy
    Poison: Koga
    Flying: Falkner
    Ghost: Agatha/Shauntal
    Ice: Pryce

Normal: Whitney - Her Miltank was insane! Even with a Machop you're gonna have some problems when she starts Stomping and Milk-Drinking.
    Fire: Flint - In DP the fact he didn't use all-Fire made it a bit confusing to battle.
    Water: Misty - The Original Water Princess.
    Grass: Erika - The Original Object of Old Men's Desires
    Electric: Wattson - I chose Treecko in RSE and I could not get past his Magneton until I levelled it up to a Sceptile. Yes, a Sceptile at the third gym.
    Fighting: Bruno - Cool dude.
    Bug: Bugsy - HANDS DOWN FAVORITE GYM LEADER EVERRRRRR
    Poison: Koga - Cool dude.
    Flying: Winona - Her gym is pretty cool. And Altaria was a tough fighter.
    Dragon: Clair - Her Kingdra gave me problems too.
    Rock: Brock - He's hot!
    Ghost: Morty - His Gengar was awesome in Gen II. I wished he used a Misdreavous though.
    Steel: Jasmine - Her character is really well thought-out. Shy, compassionate, but tough, and a Contest lover.
    Ice: Candice - I like her personality.
    Ground: Bertha - She'll probably win in a showdown vs her sister.
    Psychic: Liza and Tate - The only double battle Leaders in the games! Twins and Psychic, it's a good match!
    Dark: Karen - Not many to choose from, but she stands out from the rest.
    "I'm going to become a top-level Trainer who can't be outclassed with my beautiful and tough Bug Pokemon!"

Cheren
    Maylene
    Skyla
    Shauntal
    Roxie
    Roxanne
    Bertha
    Jasmine
    Alder
    Gardenia
    Blaine
    Lucian
    Candice
    Iris
    Karen
    Volkner
    Misty

Last edited by Reila; 29th August 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Normal: Norman.
    Fire: Blaine.
    Water: Misty.
    Grass: Erika.
    Electric: Elesa.
    Fighting: Bruno.
    Bug: Bugsy.
    Poison: Roxie.
    Flying: Winona.
    Dragon: Clair.
    Rock: Roxanne.
    Ghost: Shauntal.
    Steel: Jasmine.
    Ice: Lorelei.
    Ground: Giovanni.
    Psychic: Caitlin.
    Dark: Karen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Normal- Norman
    Grass- Gardenia
    Fire- Blaine
    Water- Crasher Wake
    Electric- Volkner
    Rock- Roxanne
    Ground- Clay
    Flying- Skyla
    Ice- Candice
    Steel- Steven
    Fighting- Maylene
    Psychic- Caitlin
    Ghost- Agatha
    Dark- Grimsley
    Bug- Aaron
    Poison- Roxie
    Dragon- Drayden

The Benevolent Cynic Daemon Aki's Avatar

Normal- Leonora
    Grass- Gardenia
    Fire- Flint
    Water- Misty
    Electric- Volkner
    Rock- Roark
    Ground- Giovanni
    Flying- Winona
    Ice- Lorelei
    Steel- Steven
    Fighting- Brawly
    Psychic- Sabrina
    Ghost- Morty
    Dark- Grimsley (Karen a close second)
    Bug- Burgh
    Poison- Roxie
    Dragon- Lance

Such a photogenic face...

Normal: Norman. I like him. He uses wisely his Slaking, despite its ability. Whitney loses some points thanks to her miltank (the horror.....).
    Fire: Flannery. She's hot
    Water: Marlon. He practically lives in water. I envy him.
    Grass: Erika. I just don't like Gardenia.
    Electric: Elesa :insertadroolingemoticonhere:. Actually, I like them all, except for Surge; his Nuzlocke version is better.
    Fighting: Brawly. He's cool.
    Bug: Burgh. I don't get Bugsy, and Aron's main pokemon isn't a bug type, despite being evolved from one.
    Poison: Koga. He's a ninja!!!!!
    Flying: Skyla. See Flannery.
    Dragon: Lance. The dragon master.
    Rock: Brock. I don't know why, just answering.
    Ghost: Morty. I like Ecruteak city.
    Steel: Jasmine. She traded me her Steelix in SS :)
    Ice: Candice. How can she bear Snowpoint's weather in that skirt?
    Ground: Giovanni. He's like the godfather.
    Psychic: Sabrina. I don't like Will, nor the twins, nor caitlin, nor DPPt guy.
    Dark: Karen. I liek her last speech.
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Normal: Norman - Incredibly tough, ultimately satisfying battle. I always thought the concept behind his character was pretty clever too - making the player's dad not only an actual character, but a Gym Leader was neat idea.

Fire: Blaine - I really liked his Gym, although it really hasn't aged that well as a Gym gimmick given how much more available the answers to the quizzes became. Still, it was entertaining and I thought his character was amusing. Flannery would probably be the runner-up.

Water: Wallace - I liked his Gym and character design mostly. I'm a little perplexed as to why they made him the Champion in Emerald, but whatever.

Grass: Gardenia - None of the Grass leaders really stand out, but I like Gardenia's character design just a bit more than Erika's, although Erika's is kind of cool if you consider the traditional flower-arranging aspect of her and her Gym. Then again, Gardenia has a Roserade. Roserade's pretty sweet.

Electric: Wattson - I don't know, I just found him really amusing.

Fighting: Bruno - The Kanto E4 always fascinated me for whatever reason. I like Bruno, but that's partially because I could count on him to be the easiest member of the E4 - an inexplicable amount of Rock/Ground Pokémon meant some pretty smooth sailing between Lorelei and Agatha.

Bug: Bugsy - Am I the only one who thought he was a girl at no point ever? I liked his Gym and the fact that he had a Scyther. I'd like the fact that he gives you Fury Cutter in Gen II much more if Fury Cutter was nearly as awesome as its name and effect made it sound.

Poison: Koga/Roxie - I always found Koga really cool for some reason. His being a ninja - and his promotion to the E4 in Gen II - probably had something to do with that. It's hard to like Roxie though - she was definitely one of the most memorable Gym Leaders in Gen V, not to mention one of my favorite designs.

Flying: Winona - I liked her Gym puzzle and character design. Not much more to say here.

Dragon: Clair - Lance and Drake are both pretty sweet, but Clair wins by a hair given the unorthodox way that you have to get the badge from her. I think one of the most unduly overlooked quirks about Gen II was how it took a page from the anime's playbook and gave us Gym Leaders like Whitney and Clair - Leaders who actually had reactions other than "Well shucks! Here's that badge!" when you beat them.

Rock: Roxanne/Roark - Roxanne was a Rock Leader who went against the somewhat brutish example that her shirtless predecessor set for the Rock type with her elegant, somewhat dainty design and her use of Nosepass (who really doesn't get enough love - how many other Rock-types are there that don't scream "HELLO I AM MADE OF ROCKS" in their designs? Aside from the fossils and Rhyhorn family, obviously). Meanwhile, Roark threatened to make first-Gym Rock Leaders as overplayed as Fire/Fighting starters, but made up for it in his neat Gym/Town connections and use of a Fossil Pokémon.

Ghost: Agatha - What isn't there to like about Agatha? She's tough, she apparently knew Professor Oak before he was old and overly-concerned about riding Bikes indoors... she's just overall memorable and fun.

Ice: Lorelei - I like her design, her specialty (ah, the quaint old days when there weren't enough Pokémon in a type to center a Leader/E4 member around it), her FrLg sidequest, and (like with Bruno) the fact that she's part of the Kanto Elite Four. Just strikes all the right chords.

Ground: Giovanni - Pretty cool idea for a Leader, though not as cool as some of the others on this list. What can you say, though? His being the mysterious eighth Gym Leader was still pretty neat.

Psychic: Sabrina - She was pretty all right. Her Gym could be a little nightmarish to try and navigate, but it was interesting enough. I mostly just like the way she's depicted in other Pokémon media - both her possessed, sinister persona in the anime and sympathetic, tragic backstory in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga fascinated me when I was younger.

Dark: Karen - Her "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon..." speech has been a little beaten into the ground at this point, but it still rings true. At least she actually said something memorable, though, which not too many Leaders/E4 members can claim.

Blog Entries

Cheren
    Erika
    Chili
    Misty
    Elesa
    Giovanni
    Skyla
    Brock
    Maylene
    Caitlin
    Bugsy
    Janine