Which DS version should i buy ??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Which DS version should i buy ???

  1. #16
    Legendary Girl A make_it_worse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    492
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    (sorry if it's a off topic)
    So the remake might be on the 3ds right?

    I add these kind of infos for our Question man... This might help him to wait and buy a 3DS
    Last edited by make_it_worse; 22nd April 2010 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #17
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Quote Originally Posted by make_it_worse View Post
    (sorry if it's a off topic)
    So the remake might be on the 3ds right?
    Possibly; the same way that GS were playable on the GB while Crystal was only for the GBC.

    EDIT: I'm getting the 3DS the day it comes out in my country.
    Last edited by Regiruler; 22nd April 2010 at 05:47 PM.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Well, i dont want to wait 6+ months like some of you said.. Hes playing pokemon Plat now so i need a DS now. Im not to worried about the 3DS because i know the Black and White pokemon games will be for the current DS.. That means between now and then we will probably be playing our current DS's for another year before any "new" pokemon comes out on the 3ds. Im not saying im rich right now because im dirt poor, but i have enough money to buy a DSI XL right now, and get the 3DS when it comes out.. Cause i will have like what 6-8 months to save up

    Anyway, i asked him which one he wanted and hes all moapy.. "i dont care i dont want a DS".. The last 2 days he kept saying he wanted one lol.. Maybe he was like this because he was dead tired and half asleep.. Hes 16 so i dunno might be the teenage attitude problem thing lol..

    Oh well even if he doesnt like it I'll just use it to trade pokemon between my diamond.. Right now i have 390 pokemon and like 30 shiny's stuck in Diamond cause i cant trade it to my other games..

    I was thinking the DS lite might be the best choice.. I'll probably buy a new one. If i get used i might be getting one of the older lite's with the hinge problem and watch it break right after my 30 day warranty is over lol. Its also in between on price.. The DSi XL would probly be $200 after taxes.. As for features... I dont care about a camera, or storing music, or video's or surfing the web or anything other then playing pokemon or other games.. I dont care about the downloadable games either and i know he doesnt. So i guess a Lite is best.. Do you guys think the black and white pokemon will work on the DS and DS lite ? What are the DSi only games your talking about ?



    I just hope i dont have a hinge problem with the lite.. What other things do guy not like about the DS lite's ? I heared the gamepad sucks or the buttons suck or something i dunno.
    Last edited by candymancan; 22nd April 2010 at 04:49 PM.

  4. #19
    Legendary Girl A make_it_worse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    492
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Quote Originally Posted by candymancan View Post
    Well, i dont want to wait 6+ months like some of you said.. Hes playing pokemon Plat now so i need a DS now. Im not to worried about the 3DS because i know the Black and White pokemon games will be for the current DS.. That means between now and then we will probably be playing our current DS's for another year before any "new" pokemon comes out on the 3ds. Im not saying im rich right now because im dirt poor, but i have enough money to buy a DSI XL right now, and get the 3DS when it comes out.. Cause i will have like what 6-8 months to save up

    Anyway, i asked him which one he wanted and hes all moapy.. "i dont care i dont want a DS".. The last 2 days he kept saying he wanted one lol.. Maybe he was like this because he was dead tired and half asleep.. Hes 16 so i dunno might be the teenage attitude problem thing lol..

    Oh well even if he doesnt like it I'll just use it to trade pokemon between my diamond.. Right now i have 390 pokemon and like 30 shiny's stuck in Diamond cause i cant trade it to my other games..

    I was thinking the DS lite might be the best choice.. I'll probably buy a new one. If i get used i might be getting one of the older lite's with the hinge problem and watch it break right after my 30 day warranty is over lol. Its also in between on price.. The DSi XL would probly be $200 after taxes.. As for features... I dont care about a camera, or storing music, or video's or surfing the web or anything other then playing pokemon or other games.. I dont care about the downloadable games either and i know he doesnt. So i guess a Lite is best.. Do you guys think the black and white pokemon will work on the DS and DS lite ? What are the DSi only games your talking about ?



    I just hope i dont have a hinge problem with the lite.. What other things do guy not like about the DS lite's ? I heared the gamepad sucks or the buttons suck or something i dunno.
    Just say it, why do you want to buy a Dsi xl?

  5. #20
    Major Geek Ravenfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    188
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Honestly, I have never heard about the buttons sticking. Like stated before, I own a DS lite, they are not as crappy as they sound trust me. I haven't had a problem since I bought it. In the long run, ask him which system is better in his opinion. Would he rather have a DS that is backwards compatible with the GBA, so he could migrate Pokemon from those games if he were to buy them in the future, or would he rather have a bigger screen with more online capabilities?

  6. #21
    Legendary Girl A make_it_worse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    492
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfreak View Post
    Honestly, I have never heard about the buttons sticking. Like stated before, I own a DS lite, they are not as crappy as they sound trust me. I haven't had a problem since I bought it. In the long run, ask him which system is better in his opinion. Would he rather have a DS that is backwards compatible with the GBA, so he could migrate Pokemon from those games if he were to buy them in the future, or would he rather have a bigger screen with more online capabilities?
    Also, he can buy all version he wanted to. They can migrate iii gen pokemon using their old ds FAT.

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,555
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    I've never had any issues with my Lite's buttons or hinges. The Lite was probably the best DS model, IMO. Not enough good software ever came out that really used the DSi's potential, and a camera doesn't substitute for the GBA slot.

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Well i went to the store and got my brother a new red ds lite. Aparently they dont make black ones anymore, and the used one was discusting.. lol bite marks on the stylus and some funky stuff all over the screen. Wierd stickers lol.. Im suprised gamestop didnt clean it first.

    I looked at the DSi xl compared to the ds lite, and yea the xl the screen is too big. Everything looks grainy and too blocky..

  9. #24
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Quote Originally Posted by candymancan View Post
    Well i went to the store and got my brother a new red ds lite. Aparently they dont make black ones anymore, and the used one was discusting.. lol bite marks on the stylus and some funky stuff all over the screen. Wierd stickers lol.. Im suprised gamestop didnt clean it first.

    I looked at the DSi xl compared to the ds lite, and yea the xl the screen is too big. Everything looks grainy and too blocky..
    *facepalm* And you couldn't wait for at least 6 months for a BRAND NEW SYSTEM because? The Third version will probably be for the 3DS.

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,555
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    The new colour choices are better than the old Onyx ones, anyway. The Onyx Lites were always way too prone to smudges, and getting filthy.

    Aside from the awesome-looking Crimson and Cobalt lids, the bottom parts are matte black and stay nice and clean.

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Which DS version should i buy ???

    Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    *facepalm* And you couldn't wait for at least 6 months for a BRAND NEW SYSTEM because? The Third version will probably be for the 3DS.


    Im 24 years old i have money and a Job .. lol i couldnt wait because... you try sharing 1 DS between 2 people playing pokemon.. $130 is chump change

    Not sure why so many of you keep telling me to wait 6+ months.. when i already said i was having to share a single ds with my brother who was playing pokemon also.. Try doing that it sucks.. 6 months is a long time anyway and these dates arent even concrete either.. Black and white is going be on the DS anyway not the 3ds..
    Last edited by candymancan; 22nd April 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •