DS games confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: DS games confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console

Blog Entries

Default Re: DS games confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solrock View Post
    and it would ruin the point of the old fashioned remakes we expect every gen almost now especially if would link the bank with the old DS line of BC pokemon games should they do it
    Newsflash: Game Freak can release new games rather than resorting to remakes. We saw this in Generation V.
    I never said they couldn't release new titles but remakes we all know while there great and all make Nintendo and Game Freak Boat loads of Cash which would make the more cash than the VC could

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solrock View Post
    I never said they couldn't release new titles but remakes we all know while there great and all make Nintendo and Game Freak Boat loads of Cash which would make the more cash than the VC could
    Remakes also require considerable time and resources (read the HGSS interviews), which ports wouldn't. You should compare the profitability of remakes to that of new games.
    Joshawott likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Those Pokemon games for the DS arent even that old, and are still playable on the 3DS. I doubt they will be remade anytime soon, even then, I dont see this interfering with them remaking the games in the future, so I dont see the harm in putting them on the Virtual Console and tweaked to work with Pokemon Bank( though I somehow doubt they would since they didnt make D/Pt and HG/SS work with it in the first place but that's a different subject) I also somehow doubt they would stop 3DSes from being sold, I imagine many people still own their copies of these games and even if they sold their DSes, can play them on a 3DS without problem, but it might be a nice idea for people that own a Wii U that wants to play these games on VC or maybe dont own these games at all. I just dont think it can hurt.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was ported onto the Wii's Virtual Console and was still remade for 3DS. Sonic the Hedgehog was ported to the 3DS' Virtual Console and still received a 3D remake on the same console.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was ported onto the Wii's Virtual Console and was still remade for 3DS. Sonic the Hedgehog was ported to the 3DS' Virtual Console and still received a 3D remake on the same console.
    Ocarina of time was remade kinda with the master quest on the gamecube

Blog Entries

And the four SMB NES titles were put on the Wii's Virtual console before Super Mario All-Stars got ported to a disc

When I saw Wii U, I had wished for an accessory to play DS/3DS on it, though it sounds impractical. (The Game Boy Player was my favorite part of the Gamecube)
    This is... well, it's a good start.

Blog Entries

I want Blue/Red for virtual console. I don't care about if I can't transfer my pokemon from the virtual console version.
    Favorite Pokemon is Aggron!
    3DS Friend Code : 2234-7218-8224

My brother thinks the Wii U is Nintendo's last traditional home console, that they're gearing up for all future platforms to be hybrid handheld/consoles, which you can play on the go or on TV. Sort of like a Wii U / 3DS mashup.

I don't subscribe to that belief, but DS titles on Wii U certainly lend it credence.

I hope the prices aren't too exorbitant. VC titles are ridiculously expensive.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    My brother thinks the Wii U is Nintendo's last traditional home console, that they're gearing up for all future platforms to be hybrid handheld/consoles, which you can play on the go or on TV. Sort of like a Wii U / 3DS mashup.

I don't subscribe to that belief, but DS titles on Wii U certainly lend it credence.

I hope the prices aren't too exorbitant. VC titles are ridiculously expensive.
    They said in the investor's meeting that they're working on improving crossplay between the 3DS and Wii U, that is more likely to be the reason we're seeing DS titles on the Wii U. The way they were talking, they want to make that hybrid console sometime in the future, but they're not doing it next gen (maybe the technology isn't quite there yet).

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

Are they putting DS games on the 3DS virtual thingy too? It seems like something they could make available on both things (for people who don't have both), an/or make ds games playable on both. (if you buy it on one it works on the other, sort of like what the playstation has been doing with it's current handheld?). It'd probably give them more sales anyway..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    During today's investors' meeting, Nintendo head honcho Satoru Iwata confirmed that Nintendo DS games will be made available via the Wii U's Virtual Console service. This got me thinking about the possibility of the fourth and fifth generation Pokémon games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black 2/White 2) possibly being released on the service, due to them being able to communicate with each other through local wireless and wi-fi play (in their respective generations of course).

It is worth mentioning that Junichi Masuda has previously said that he believes the series should remain portable and that Red/Blue have yet to be released on the 3DS Virtual Console, so this is pretty unlikely to happen, but what do you think of the idea?
    brb buying a wii u

this is enough to get me accross the fence, mario kart 8 got me there, im pro at mario kart

first class asshole

Blog Entries

Firstly, as most people with a Wii U/Looking to get one have probably played all the DS games they like and likely still own them. I don't think this is going to sell consoles.
    I think Nintendo's motives for this tie in with their lawsuits against Modchip companies and sellers; they want to demonstrate that DS games are not adandonware.
    Though this does raise the question of why aren't N64 games on there yet.

Secondly, I'm curious to how 3D games like Metroid Hunters would translate to a 1080p screen from the DS's tiny resolution.

Thirdly, I'm still waiting for Gamecube VC as I missed out on the GC (My main reason for getting a Wii was backwards compatibility, but by the time I got one in mid 2007 the Gamecube games were gone). Though I guess a lot of the ones I want probably wont get licensed for VC like the Zoids game and the Rogue Squadron games.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    Firstly, as most people with a Wii U/Looking to get one have probably played all the DS games they like and likely still own them.

[...]

Thirdly, I'm still waiting for Gamecube VC as I missed out on the GC.
    #3 is, I want to think, also partly why it's in planning. It's for new players who missed the DS or certain games. (Where I live, they're getting sparse in places, except mostly for Pokémon Gen 5)

After all, most VC games I have are SNES, a system I was too young to own.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I had this thought earlier: PokéTransfer is a separate app than Pokémon Bank. At first, I thought this was really annoying (As it can make transferring fiddly) but then I realised: What if the decision behind this is because there are plans to release Pokémon games on the Virtual Console (or as a fail-safe in case they decide to), giving players a one-way transfer system by using PokéTransfer to send Pokémon over to Bank, but obviously lacking Bank compatibility themselves due to the inability to place newer Pokémon into older games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    Firstly, as most people with a Wii U/Looking to get one have probably played all the DS games they like and likely still own them.

[...]

Thirdly, I'm still waiting for Gamecube VC as I missed out on the GC.
    #3 is, I want to think, also partly why it's in planning. It's for new players who missed the DS or certain games. (Where I live, they're getting sparse in places, except mostly for Pokémon Gen 5)

After all, most VC games I have are SNES, a system I was too young to own.
    That's why GC games are a more important priority. My sole reason for buying a Wii and the reason I'm disappointed with it is revolves around the Gamecube. I hoped to play GC games but in 2007 there were no Gamecube games to be found. I also expected the Wii to have good games like the Gamecube did but that turned out to be a vain expectation. (This was followed by me hacking my Wii and using it illegally till it broke and Nintendo swapped it with one that can't read DVDs).

It is very easy to get your hands on a second hand DS cart or download DS software (Don't ask me for links). Assuming Nintendo wasn't planning on putting them on VC they would be considered "abandonware" which means the copyright holders no longer sell the software and people on the internet don't expect legal trouble by downloading it.

Who is making sales by the Wii U's lack of Gamecube games?
    According to the Dolphin Emulator forums; Dolphin Emulator works best with Intel processors.
    So the answer is Intel makes sales, not Nintendo.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 1st February 2014 at 08:24 PM.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast