FAQ: The Dream World- Official Discussion - Page 8

Page 8 of 166 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Default Re: The Dream World

Does anyone know when in-game the dream world will be accessable? Seeing as how it's a place to catch "old" pokemon and the regional dex is all new pokemon. Or will we just have the old ??? On the stats screen in the pokedex # slot? Since the pokeshift is only availible after the nat dex, it seems like they are trying to keep old pokes out of the game at least through the main story, but I don't see them blocking pokeshift and the dream world that long.

Also on a crazy side thought.. What if the dream world had access to the gen IV gts, allowing you to "move" your celebi/shiny dog for the zorua/zoroark events? Obtaining those is another thing I don't see gf making us wait on, especially since they are the stars of the first movie for this gen.
    Been gone for a long while. I might be back....
    Blops2, lot's and lot's of Blops2

Finally got my shiny Axew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    Does anyone know when in-game the dream world will be accessable?
    As soon as you obtain either Munna or Murshana.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSkittle View Post
    As soon as you obtain either Munna or Murshana.
    My question wad more along the lines of how far along in the game will you have to be to get munna/musharna to start bringing in old pokemon.

They may allow you to have access to the Dream World immediately but postpone your ability to catch non-Isshu Pokemon till the appropriate story checkpoint.

We just don't have enough info as of right now to determine that.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    They may allow you to have access to the Dream World immediately but postpone your ability to catch non-Isshu Pokemon till the appropriate story checkpoint.

We just don't have enough info as of right now to determine that.
    That's something I had thought about, but all the images so far from the dream world only show pre gen V pokemon (excluding the ones growing berries/ decorating the house assuiming those are the ones you sent over). A pikachu, a mime jr, an eeveeloution via the online game, and a kanto starter via an online game or something. They're making it look like it's mostly or all old pokemon.

But true, we will just have to wait and see. I'm just speculating and was wanting to hear some other opinions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    But there's been no indication of that. While the PokéShifter has been confirmed to be inaccessible until after the Elite Four, the Dream World doesn't seem to have any strings attached. Why keep something like that a secret?

Outside special events triggered by passwords, the Dream World just seems like a way to get some old Pokémon and berries available during the main story without making them prevalent in Isshu. By the end of the game, there should be a more reliable method to complete the International Pokédex, especially for the sake of players who don't have Wi-Fi (unless the fancier game packages contained a USB connector, but that would raise the price significantly). After all, the Pokéwalker (which every HGSS player has) is only required for a select few Pokémon and berries.

Quote Originally Posted by master shake
    What if the dream world had access to the gen IV gts, allowing you to "move" your celebi/shiny dog for the zorua/zoroark events? Obtaining those is another thing I don't see gf making us wait on, especially since they are the stars of the first movie for this gen.
    How would that work? The GTS is used for trades; players who send their Pokémon to the system expect to get something in return.

This has happened before with the movie promotions: Speed Forme couldn't be triggered in Emerald until after the Elite Four since tradability with FRLG was only unlocked then. Granted, players could trade their FRLG Deoxys (obtained via the Movie 7 promotion) to a Ruby/Sapphire cartridge first and then to Emerald, but it was cumbersome. More recently, the promotional Regigigas from Movie 11 couldn't unlock the Regis in Platinum until after the Elite Four, even though it could be traded from Diamond and Pearl at any time.

I suspect that Victini is being distributed so soon to make up for the fact that Zoroa and Zoroark can't be obtained early on. Chances are that Zoroa and Zoroark aren't even part of the Isshu Dex, although they might be put in the end for no reason like Deoxys in the Hoenn Dex.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th August 2010 at 08:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    Does anyone know when in-game the dream world will be accessable? Seeing as how it's a place to catch "old" pokemon and the regional dex is all new pokemon. Or will we just have the old ??? On the stats screen in the pokedex # slot? Since the pokeshift is only availible after the nat dex, it seems like they are trying to keep old pokes out of the game at least through the main story, but I don't see them blocking pokeshift and the dream world that long.

Also on a crazy side thought.. What if the dream world had access to the gen IV gts, allowing you to "move" your celebi/shiny dog for the zorua/zoroark events? Obtaining those is another thing I don't see gf making us wait on, especially since they are the stars of the first movie for this gen.
    Zorua and Zoroark were the first fifth generation Pokemon revealed and the first shown in anime formes but they debuted in movie 13 which is the last D/P movie.
    Movie 14 will be the first fifth generation movie and will be part of the "Best Wishes" saga^_^

Yea I forgot about the movie being in the past series. As far as zoura/zoroark, it just seems odd to hype them up very early on to be one of the last pokemon you can get.
    Also I think the dream world could manipulate the gts to allow you to trade say a pikachu from there for the two movie 13 events. Probably not, since they'll have classic ribbons. I'd just like to see some form of trading/moving pokemon pre e4 but I'm sure it won't happen.

If the Dream World is available early and they have the Kanto Starter Passwords in NA, I'll throw a Bulbasaur w/ a different ability on my team! I hope it's something good... Maybe Herbivore or Chlorophyl?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

When will the website be accessable? i want my kanto starters. Since im getting japanese black and white, i want to have access to the website. there is no URL yet, is there?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokenerd15 View Post
    When will the website be accessable? i want my kanto starters. Since im getting japanese black and white, i want to have access to the website. there is no URL yet, is there?
    There is no URL yet. The website will be up and running a few days before the release of the games.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Quote Originally Posted by Pokenerd15 View Post
    I'm betting it's what's replacing the gts site that's closing. At least the servers and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    But there's been no indication of that. While the PokéShifter has been confirmed to be inaccessible until after the Elite Four, the Dream World doesn't seem to have any strings attached. Why keep something like that a secret?

Outside special events triggered by passwords, the Dream World just seems like a way to get some old Pokémon and berries available during the main story without making them prevalent in Isshu. By the end of the game, there should be a more reliable method to complete the International Pokédex, especially for the sake of players who don't have Wi-Fi (unless the fancier game packages contained a USB connector, but that would raise the price significantly). After all, the Pokéwalker (which every HGSS player has) is only required for a select few Pokémon and berries.
    The Dream World might be more than just Berry growing and Pokemon catching. They're showing features I wouldn't have even thought off, like house management. It seems to be mimicing Animal Crossing. There could be mini-games or special downloads or anything in the future.

So I really don't know how they plan to, if they plan to, keep older Pokemon from being available. All we have to go on is Masuda's statement (which itself isn't too terribly clear - like in this case) and the Daisuki Club stuff. Earlier, I was debating whether or not older Pokemon could have their abilities rotated so that each special ability could be different week-to-week. In this case, we may be looking at the same situation. Every week, month, or whenever they may decide to hand out special Pokemon in your Dream World that can then be downloaded into your games. Whether if it's password only or a code or you need to have the national dex before allowing them in your gamepak, you're right, we don't know.

I guess what I'm saying though is I don't feel like the other parts of the Dream World will be affected. Items and Berries you can probably still do and have access to as soon as you link up via Global Link. It's not solely to get old or unique Pokemon it would seem. I agree with you though that there should be in-game stuff to capture Pokemon for those without Wi-Fi access. It'd be nice to know what they're branding this Dream World as.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm also wondering if they're doing it like Gen III, where you literally COULD NOT have old Pokemon prior to the National Dex even if you traded, or like Gen IV, where you could trade National Dex Pokemon from another Gen IV game from the very start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    The Dream World might be more than just Berry growing and Pokemon catching. They're showing features I wouldn't have even thought off, like house management. It seems to be mimicing Animal Crossing. There could be mini-games or special downloads or anything in the future.
    Actually, I think that these new houses are what Secret Bases have evolved into. One of the furniture I spotted in the pictures look like Gen III furniture.

Page 8 of 166 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast